Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,776 members, 7,952,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:01 PM

How To Raise Successful Girl-child Without Over-parenting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Raise Successful Girl-child Without Over-parenting (374 Views)

How Do I Know She Is My Child Without DNA / Parents Who Raise Successful Kids Do These 7 Things. (photos) / 13 Things You Need To Teach Your “girl Child” At An Early Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Raise Successful Girl-child Without Over-parenting by 2ndcrusaider: 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2022
For Me, I have four amazing girls and I would like to work with them to grow into successful women, what about you? Do you have a girl child and with all the troubles in the world, would you like your girl child or boy to become successful, independent, and secure when they grow older? The following nuggets will help you to grow and nurture a competent and successful girl-child. Please, the emphasis is on girl children because our society treats them unfairly. Feel free to comment, negative and positive comment is welcome.
1. Give The Girl Child Things they can Own and control: [/b]Studies showed that children who plan their own goals, wet weekly schedules, and evaluate their own work build up their frontal cortex and take control of over their lives. Hence we have to let our children succeed on their own terms with adequate supervision. Warren Buffet's Banker once said and I quote '' It is much better for a child to drive into a ditch with $6 dollar allowance than a $60,000 a year salary or $6million inheritance'' Bringing this context to our society, How will you feel long after you are gone and you get to know from the spiritual realm that your children squander your inheritance. Let us encourage our little girls to safe and take charge of their savings with little or no supervision.
2. [b]Show your Girl-child you Value who she is as a Person:
We need to teach girls how to love and share from a young age and they can't love others if they don't first love themselves and they won't love themselves if they cannot offer others, unconditional love. Whenever we return from work or they return from schools we need to close our technology and look straight into their eyes and bond with them. A simple statement such as ''How was school today? What did you do today at school? What did you like about today and vise versa? The girl child needs to know she matters to us.
3. Teach You, Kids, to Help out Around the House without being Asked: We often absolved our kids from doing the work of chores in the house, and then they end up as young adults, they battle with checklist all the time. I once asked my daughter to join in washing the dishes that were used the previous night and her comment and replies reminded me that I am not doing enough as a parent. Since then, I don't ask her, she makes it a duty to do the dishes. Research shows that young adults that help out around the house sometimes grow up to be useful in the office and to their colleagues and often anticipate ahead of their pairs. So encourage them to learn from your house helps and Younger adults. Remember, a time will come when your girls will go to the university or colleges, please start testing them now to avoid stories that hurt.
4. Talking and Listening to a Girl Child: Little things that parents do are often associated with good outcomes for children, talking and listening to a child, responding to their queries warmly, teaching them their letters and numbers , taking them on trips and visits, reading to them every day or periodically is very important. Research has it that children whose parents are found of reading to them at 5 and then showing an interest in their education at the age of 10 were significantly less likely to be in poverty at the age of 30 than those whose parents weren't going those things.

Re: How To Raise Successful Girl-child Without Over-parenting by GboyegaD(m): 1:55pm On Jan 13, 2022
The points you raised applies to both gender.
Re: How To Raise Successful Girl-child Without Over-parenting by Karleb(m): 2:05pm On Jan 13, 2022
GboyegaD:
The points you raised applies to both gender.

It's just how this people spoil the society.

Girl child support and manuals everywhere but we don't have anything for the boy and later, these girls would go into the society to me the untrained boys.

(1) (Reply)

Real Estate- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Being An Agent / I Need Your Say / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.