Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,949 members, 7,915,755 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 09:59 AM

Use Audio Recordings To Study Better - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Use Audio Recordings To Study Better (217 Views)

6 Proven Ways On How You Can Study Better For Your CITN Exam / What Method Helps You Study Better? (VERY IMPORTANT!) / How To Study Better Than The Best Student In Your Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use Audio Recordings To Study Better by DkJay: 7:28am On Jan 14, 2022
My family started a tradition this year where each member of the family suggests a book every month and we all read it. Then we discuss what the book is about at the end of the month.

That is not a big deal in itself as we are a family of readers.

But there was one challenge--time.

We are all adults with busy lives and sometimes, it is difficult to settle down and concentrate on reading a book. Some of these books are up to 400 pages, and they are not fiction which are fun to read.

Self-development books are awesome, but to be honest, they could also be very boring and tedious.

But my brother shared this tip which helps him consume books at a blistering pace.

What is the tip?

The use of audio books.

Now audio books are not a novel idea as they have been around for a while. I've listened to a couple of audio books but I'm more of a print or e-book reader myself.

However, when I tried it, I listened to an audio book within two hours that would have taken me a week to read. I was amazed. Even more interesting is the fact that I was able to do other things as I listened to the book.

Then, I decided to apply this to my studies.

Go to class. Turn on your phone's audio recorder for the duration of the class. As you go back home, plug in your earpiece or air pods and listen to the lecture over again.

That way, you don't miss anything the lecturer says. Listening to something over and over again also helps it stick to your memory so you're able to recall better when tests or exams come around.

It also gives you better understanding when you pick up your book to revise.

By the time you're ready to read, you're already familiar with the topic at hand and reading will be a breeze.

The best part of this is that you can listen to recordings while walking, or doing the laundry or just about any other thing, so that's a big boost in your productivity!

Hope this helps someone. cheesy

Try it out and share your experience.

Good luck!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Man Vs Angry Bear In A Race Who Do You Think Will In (video) / Participate In Todays Quiz To Win #5000 And Lots More!!! / Phd International Scholarship Opportunity At Walailak University, Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.