Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,748 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:47 AM

Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students (6910 Views)

Final Year Accounting Students Write Exams At Night With Car Headlight / Social Distancing Observed As WAEC Students Write Exams Today (Photo, Video) / 2 Students Write Exams In Wedding Gowns In Benue State University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by yusuftaiwo2015(m): 7:12am On Jan 15, 2022
Muzikluva:

If I may ask, where do you live?? I want to know so I would know the kind of response to give you because you don’t make inferences from reported instances online if you don’t know anything about the place!
He's right. UI,Agbowo,Ojoo,Bodija and some other places.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by stevups(m): 7:18am On Jan 15, 2022
virginchaser:
They better learn how to pass messages without threat before they will be reminded that they are writing to constituted authority.
What of the people who are threatening their own lives day in day out.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 15, 2022
I always say it, half of the thieves and layabouts in Ibadan find comfort in Agbowo. That place is rulled by touts.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by FBIBOT(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2022
Agbowó is one hell of a place in terms of security

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by DrMrsFunmi(f): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2022
EternalBeing:
kiss Greatest Uites! Glad to be opportuned to contribute my quota as a NUGA Athlete and Student Union member in UI back then. The Best University in Africa ever!
best university my foot, yet their students are dying?
Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by Funkymode(m): 9:51am On Jan 15, 2022
He's working on it
Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by Vintage94(m): 9:53am On Jan 15, 2022
Abgowo in Ibadan has become a den for thugs and thieves. Robbers rob there unabated. The UI gate also need a pedestrian bridge.
Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by seunlayi(m): 10:35am On Jan 15, 2022
Vintage94:
Abgowo in Ibadan has become a den for thugs and thieves. Robbers rob there unabated. The UI gate also need a pedestrian bridge.
UI need to start doing something to help the students. Why can't the school create additional lane by shifting back the fence a little bit?
Gov can also create an additional lane from the shopping complex side and remove all those hawkers that are blocking the road. Gov can extend the part from Agbowo entrance to post office to pave way for traffic while having in mind to build a pedestrian bridge and many more options.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by kullozone(m): 10:36am On Jan 15, 2022
God1000:
don't mind those cocky students, imagine such hubris

You and the person you quoted no well at all angry
Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by Muzikluva(m): 11:13am On Jan 15, 2022
Chimookigwe:

The letter addresses concerns over security of students living off campus. In recent times, some students have been killed in that Agbowo area.
Nothing like bad mannerism in asking am elected official to do his damn job. They are not begging him, he should do the needful.
It’s the manner in which they spoke I referred to. No one is supposed to beg a public officer to do their job. It’s their duty.
Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by Hardamz(m): 11:50am On Jan 15, 2022
As far as idiocy is concerned. Do you think any Governor has power over Security Parastatals? They are all controlled by FG.
banggy:
As far as am concerned

Makinde has failed in terms of Security. If he can't secure Ibadan, the capital of Oyo state then he has truly failed as a person. GSM my foot!!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by adeoba2008(m): 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
Poly Ibadan students need to write a similar letter too. You cannot sleep with your two eyes closed in Apete and environs too.
Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by adeoba2008(m): 2:59pm On Jan 15, 2022
yusuftaiwo2015:

He's right. UI,Agbowo,Ojoo,Bodija and some other places.
Apete.
Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by Emeritus1200: 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2022
Agbowo is now a hell on earth for UI students. The place is the haven of criminals parading themselves as inhabitants. Last seasion, a lot of killings, burglaries and thefts are reported, and nothing is done. There are some times we hardly sleep in Agbowo. In fact, a lot of students are forced to do Till Day Break (TDB) in school everyday to guarantee their safety. Anybody who lives close to or is aware of happenings in UI environments will know that insecurity is at its peak and it has degenerated the places into the abode of criminals.

The letter, to me, is not a threat, but a report and wake up call to the office of the governor of the state who has failed to let the people under his care to enjoy peace.
Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by dalass(f): 9:46am On Jan 17, 2022
Chimookigwe:

The school authorities to protect students living off campus? You are not intelligent

You are an eediot for saying that. They're no longer students of the school simply because they stay off-campus cry

Don't ever quote me again undecided
Re: Insecurity: UI Students Write Makinde, Demand Improved Security For Students by Chimookigwe: 10:15am On Jan 17, 2022
dalass:

You are an eediot for saying that. They're no longer students of the school simply because they stay off-campus cry

Don't ever quote me again undecided

Your parents who didn't give you home training are idiots, you foolish pauper. God will punish you and you won't end up well. Look at this ugly bastard. If your parents passed on intelligence to you, I won't have to be telling you the obvious fact.
Off campus situations are outside world and the school lacks jurisdiction to take steps there. That is why they interface with the state in that regards.
You are very stupid and I doubt if you can amount to anything good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

THROWBACK! 10 Games We All Played When We Were Pupils. (90s/early 2000) / The Top 5 Most Intelligent Students In Ogun State / See The Ridiculous School Advert I Saw Yesterday Evening At Akure (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.