Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,400 members, 7,891,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? (27579 Views)

Would You Accept #35 000 Teaching Job? / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2018 | Apply Here For 10,000 Teaching Jobs / See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by sammklef225(m): 12:44am On Jan 18, 2022
I'd advise you stay back paying rent over there ain't a joke you'd even spend more than that take that as an expo from me, in the same vein you'd also have to pay for your utility bills (light & water) monthly as well as other maintenance bill.... I'd advise you make them provide your accommodation which I doubt but if otherwise kindly stay!
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:02am On Jan 18, 2022
Ogt1:
Good day Nlers?

I have a teaching job which pays 30k monthly for now. I am not paying for an accommodation as I have a free accommodation presently.

I got a contact who connected me to a proprietor in cote d'ivoire who needs teachers. He said the pay will be 90,000cfa monthly. He offers to allow me stay in the school residence for a period of 6 months till I find my own residence.

I want to know if 90kcfa will be enough to live comfortably in cote d'ivoire after paying for house rent which I inquired is paid monthly and can be as high as 30k-50cfa monthly.

Will this be a better move than the 30k job I have presently?

How much is 90kcfa in naira?

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

What do you teach ?
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Microwhy: 3:05am On Jan 18, 2022
ucheheart:
my guy any opportunity you have to leave this country don't miss it. Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon. you even have a job and accommodation waiting for u there,what else do u want? just go for it, with time, you can get a better job cos their economy is more organized than 9ja.
Immediately I read the comment, I raise my head to see the username which came out as expected.
My question is why?
Are igbo people truly stigmatised in Nigeria?
Are they suffering in Nigeria?
Do they truly don't have a say in Nigeria?
Even in my state of residence, igbos leave very comfortable without iota of living like a stranger or uncomfortable. They own very big and beautiful houses. No country have ever recieve asylum application by an igbo man claiming threat to his life just for being an igbo in Nigeria.
Truly, democracy is rubbish and politics is a batard thing.
The most ugly part of it is that igbo youths buy and key into this saga by their political elite and scammers.
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Memberclub(m): 3:08am On Jan 18, 2022
Naijaolosho2:

God bless you for this comment,so far this is the best I've seen. Please op go immediately.
Try to learn french so as to be able to integrate fast.
two of una dey crazy. lol
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by xolocious(m): 3:09am On Jan 18, 2022
Microwhy:

Immediately I read the comment, I raise my head to see the username which came out as expected.
My question is why?
Even in my state of residence, igbos leave very comfortable without iota of living like a stranger or uncomfortable. They own very big and beautiful houses. No country have ever recieve asylum application by an igbo man claiming threat to his life just for being an igbo in Nigeria.
The most ugly part of it is that igbo youths buy and key into this saga by their political elite and scammers.

How this your talk take relate to the subject matter Sometimes I dey wonder how some people for NL dey behave.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by danjay22: 3:14am On Jan 18, 2022
Ogt1:
Good day Nlers?

I have a teaching job which pays 30k monthly for now. I am not paying for an accommodation as I have a free accommodation presently.

I got a contact who connected me to a proprietor in cote d'ivoire who needs teachers. He said the pay will be 90,000cfa monthly. He offers to allow me stay in the school residence for a period of 6 months till I find my own . residence.
I want to know if 90kcfa will be enough to live comfortably in cote d'ivoire after paying for house rent which I inquired is paid monthly and can be as high as 30k-50cfa monthly.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

.. It’s way better than what you collect here. I was in Benin last week. CFA is now the same as Naira!

4 Likes

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Microwhy: 3:16am On Jan 18, 2022
xolocious:

How this your talk take relate to the subject matter Sometimes I dey wonder how some people for NL dey behave.
I quoted him for a reason and he knows, so please its already 5 page and I don't expect mention from anybody aside the person I quoted.
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by xolocious(m): 3:29am On Jan 18, 2022
THE COST OF LIVING IN NIGERIA IS THE CHEAPEST YOU CAN GET WHEN BEEN COMPARED TO ANY PART OF THE WORLD. I'VE BEEN TO BENIN, TOGO, GHANA N FEW OTHER WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND I CAN BOLDLY SAY THIS. IN BENIN (ESPECIALLY COUNTRIES MAKING USE OF CFA) THE COST OF COMMODITIES EVEN RENT/UTILITY BILLS IS ON THE HIGH SIDE. FUNNY ENOUGH, YOU CAN'T GET GOOD FOOD WITH 500CFA WHAT AM I EVEN SAYING? YOU'LL NEED AT LEAST 1,000CFA FOR A MODERATE MEAL AT A GOOD LOCAL mama put. IN BENIN, BOTTLE WATER (MEDIUM SIZE) GOES FOR 300CFA N A BOTTLE OF BEER GOES FOR 1000CFA WHICH IS EQUIVALENT TO NAIRA. I'M NOT SAYING THIS TO DISCOURAGE ANYONE BUT TRUTH BE TOLD, SOMEONE EARNING 90,000CFA OVER THERE ISN'T BETTER THAN ONE EARNING 30,000NAIRA HERE. THE MONEY BIG OH BUT E GO FLOW LIKE GAS PLANT WEY GET LEAKAGE. TOO QUICK N EASY TO SPEND. NO VALUE FOR IT OVER THERE.

IT'LL BE A DIFFICULT TASK ADJUSTING TO THE ENVIRONMENT MOST ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU RENT AN APARTMENT.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by komodapson(m): 3:37am On Jan 18, 2022
ucheheart:
my guy any opportunity you have to leave this country don't miss it. Nigeria is not getting better anytime soon. you even have a job and accommodation waiting for u there,what else do u want? just go for it, with time, you can get a better job cos their economy is more organized than 9ja.

Coupled with the travel experience and opportunity of learning French.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by komodapson(m): 3:40am On Jan 18, 2022
xolocious:
THE COST OF LIVING IN NIGERIA IS THE CHEAPEST YOU CAN GET IN ANY PART OF THE WORLD. I'VE BEEN TO BENIN, TOGO, GHANA N FEW OTHER WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES AND I CAN BOLDLY SAY THIS. IN BENIN (ESPECIALLY COUNTRIES MAKING USE OF CFA) THE COST OF COMMODITIES EVEN RENT/UTILITY BILLS IS ON THE HIGH SIDE. FUNNY ENOUGH, YOU CAN'T GET GOOD FOOD WITH 500CFA. IN BENIN, BOTTLE WATER (MEDIUM SIZE) GOES FOR 300CFA N A BOTTLE OF BEER GOES FOR 1000CFA WHICH IS EQUIVALENT TO NAIRA. I'M NOT SAYING THIS TO DISCOURAGE ANYONE BUT TRUTH BE TOLD, SOMEONE EARNING 90,000CFA OVER THERE ISN'T BETTER THAN ONE EARNING 30,000NAIRA HERE. THE MONEY BIG OH BUT E GO FLOW LIKE GAS PLANT WEY GET LEAKAGE. TOO QUICK N EASY TO SPEND. NO VALUE FOR IT OVER THERE.

IT'LL BE A DIFFICULT TASK ADJUSTING TO THE ENVIRONMENT MOST ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU RENT AN APARTMENT.

You're absolutely spot on bro. A colleague of mine, who is currently in Cameroon at the moment to cover the on going AFCON said " a satchet of pure water cost CFA 100 = N100.... Omo...I wan' craze...its bad
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Kabuki2018(m): 3:47am On Jan 18, 2022
Go for the experience. A lot of people only care about money. Money should not be the only motivation for taking up a job as long as you can cover your basic expenses. But going to Cote d'Ivoire will expose you to an entirely different culture and way of living and is an educational journey too. You can pick up French language too and you never know what can result out of the experience. A lot of times we are too afraid to leave our comfort zone and limit the possibilities in our lives. People in western countries normally leave their country of origin and go live somewhere different after secondary school just for some life experience.

Ogt1:
Good day Nlers?

I got a contact who connected me to a proprietor in cote d'ivoire who needs teachers. He said the pay will be 90,000cfa monthly. He offers to allow me stay in the school residence for a period of 6 months till I find my own residence.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by xolocious(m): 3:49am On Jan 18, 2022
komodapson:

You're absolutely spot on bro. A colleague of mine, who is currently in Cameroon at the moment to cover the on going AFCON said " a satchet of pure water cost CFA 100 = N100.... Omo...I wan' craze...its bad

Bros things dey F****ing expensive for those countries oh. I returned recently (31/12/2021). 60cl Coca-Cola product is 600cfa (waytn I take buy sprite for there, I mean for bottle oh and you go return the bottle), for Naija 1Ltr pet can of Coca-Cola product is #250, worst case scenario, you get it for #300. I can go on and on in comparing the prices and cost of living. E no funny oh. I carry 25,000CFA enter local Bar on Xmas Day, I no see waytn I use the money do. I mean LOCAL BAR... I DEY CRY INSIDE ME WHEN I REACH HOUSE. For Naija, #4,000 go buy you one crate for local bar, no be joke.

Rent, Transportation, Feeding, Utility bills, even recharge card and data dey on the high side when compared to Naija cost.
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by xolocious(m): 3:53am On Jan 18, 2022
Kabuki2018:

Go for the experience. A lot of people only care about money. Money should not be the only motivation for taking up a job as long as you can cover your basic expenses. But going to Cote d'Ivoire will expose you to an entirely different culture and way of living and is an educational journey too. You can pick up French language too and you never know what can result out of the experience. A lot of times we are too afraid to leave our comfort zone and limit the possibilities in our lives. People in western countries normally leave their country of origin and go live somewhere different after secondary school just for some life experience.

Who experience help? If no be money, why person go leave him country go another man country? Ivory coast for that Mata, not even Europe. Which kind experience dey Ivory Coast wey better pass Naija own if no be Bad leadership wey bring us down? Money comes first if you're to migrate to a west African state. If you're talking about Advanced Nations, you fit use the word EXPERIENCE. You need to visit those countries and see things for yourself. Naija no be dia mates oh, I'm talking about the west African states.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by aviara: 4:18am On Jan 18, 2022
You can see the effect of bad governance. For our youths to contemplate moving to neighbouring African countries is a proof of hopelessness caused by this incompetent APC govt.

Pls elections are around the corner, get your PVC and let's vote out bad and incompetent leaders. We can change the narrative.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by MASTERMIND04(m): 4:39am On Jan 18, 2022
Bro, stay your Naija jeje. Ivory coast of all countries.
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by ogastone(m): 4:49am On Jan 18, 2022
You are not going anywhere bro, manage the 30k we are giving you here. Na all of us vote this government, na all of us go finish the tenure, why are you running to cote devoir
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Blessings27(f): 5:38am On Jan 18, 2022
eflintsone:

Hey man
99k cfa can never be 90naira

Naira beats cfa

I have bereau de change pals well

Lol!
Ok

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Pat081: 5:43am On Jan 18, 2022
We have many people from this country who base in that country too if it is me I will run go this country is not the same again very soon country that gives us loan may come and take over
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Kaysalas(m): 5:59am On Jan 18, 2022
Techibi6777:
Don't try it man. Stay back in Nigeria, like someone mentioned earlier, learn a digital skill and be making money from the comfort of your home. There are so many out there, buy some of these courses, do research, YouTube is your friend ! You can't make that move just because of that small moni na when you can earn more than that weekly.

Lemme tell you, Nigeria is one of the freest places to live on earth. Stop sleeping all through the night, Youtube is the best University that will teach you life changing skills that will fetch you money. Use your head sir and do research. No try am go o I no go happy with u o. Buy courses online, watch plenty YouTube videos on different digital skills you can acquire. It's only a lazy man that thinks all businesses need capital. From buying courses, reading books and research you will be opened to a whole new world of possibilities.

I used to earn 25k monthly working from 8am to 7pm everyday including Saturdays, but today I make between 30-100k daily from just 1 of my businesses which I run from the comfort of my home, and guess what, I didn't start with any capital o. Now that is just 1 business. I make so much more daily from applying one of the numerous knowledge I acquired all from YouTube. Abeg I no wan talk again. Go do research.
Tell me more about these skills please.
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Kaysalas(m): 6:10am On Jan 18, 2022
ModelLook:
I'm looking for a teaching job in VI, Ikoyi or Lekki (Island) that pays good with Accommodation.

I have a B.Sc in Geography and Planning.

Hi, chat me up or call 1. We dey the same boat but I have something to share
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Kaysalas(m): 6:13am On Jan 18, 2022
Highlyrespected:
At op
I reside in Cote dilvoire Abidjan prescily
The only I will just say that you can come and try your luck over here.....
Bon voyage et Bon route Mon frere si t'es serieux et pret.
Salut, tu parles très bien. Je voudrais parler avec toi sur whatsapp 08020552711.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Kaysalas(m): 6:17am On Jan 18, 2022
princedotman0129:

Na monthly we dey pay 4 accommodation here in Ivory coast
I have few questions to the poster... if truly he is interested in coming to this country
One thing I will hammer into your ears is that don't let the school proprietor pay your fare down to Abidjan or else you are in for a long thing.... also what's the name of school here in Abidjan?
Hi bro. I dey find francophones to practice french with. Pouvez vous m'aider?

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Kaysalas(m): 6:21am On Jan 18, 2022
sunkieisland:
First of all, I will like you to know that I'm an authority in the subject matter because I live in a French country myself.

If you don't have goals, even in Nigeria, na suffer dey wait for you. Hence you must have your goals.

Now if one of your goals is to travel out of the shores of Nigeria, I'll advice you take the offer. In reality, it's the same as your present situation because when your rent and utilities are paid, what you'll have left is just what you earn in Nigeria now. But then, you've become a responsible person. You're responsible for your own life and not someone else.

Secondly, you seem like a smart guy. Your command of the English language will put extra coins in your pocket because many French people want to speak the English language but they don't have access to good tutors and the number of good English tutors does not meet the need by locals. So you have an edge here.

Lastly, cote d'ivoire is ripe for the taking in terms of the search for the English language. I work in a bilingual school in Cotonou and for a few years now, someone has been disturbing my boss to come open a branch in Abidjan and that within 2 years, she would have recovered her investment. Whether the offer is true or false, it is pointer to the fact that the country will favour English tutors or bilingual schools.

All in all, it's your life. The decision is yours to make.
Bro, kindly look through my post on this thread, I need to improve my spoken french. You fit help me get teaching jobs là-bas?
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by ucheheart(m): 6:38am On Jan 18, 2022
Microwhy:

My question is why?

guy if you are comfortable in Nigeria, continue staying in Nigeria ,your eye go clear very soon.
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Iamnotfearyou: 6:39am On Jan 18, 2022
It depends on what your goals.......is it money or experience (knowledge in french) you want.......I will advise you to take the opportunity for more experience but if it's for money,I will advise you not to go because if rent is 50cfa apart from feeding and other stuffs then how much Will you be left with?it automatically ruled out any possibility of saving some money
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Blessings27(f): 7:18am On Jan 18, 2022
sexymonkey:
please can I pm you, I need clarity concerning some things in Benin Republic.

Okay sir
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by dnawah(m): 7:36am On Jan 18, 2022
illicit:

There's no free water there
here too,u drill bore holes u pay the government,no light to pump,u still go and buy generator to help urself, them increase fuel,water is more costly here.
Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Soffyh(m): 7:53am On Jan 18, 2022
ucheheart:
very good advice, go for it and in few years time you can get better job Chinese companies plenty there,don't miss that accomodation opportunity and French language,u will make it bro

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by Soffyh(m): 7:56am On Jan 18, 2022
Iamnotfearyou:
It depends on what your goals.......is it money or experience (knowledge in french) you want.......I will advise you to take the opportunity for more experience but if it's for money,I will advise you not to go because if rent is 50cfa apart from feeding and other stuffs then how much Will you be left with?it automatically ruled out any possibility of saving some money
don't forget that, they won't tell him bonuses is available he will be the one to create chance for bonuses, especially if he is good in English ,extra lessons is a bonus

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by josephsm823(m): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2022
Please don't go or else you're going to regret it. I'm 90 percent sure you're not going there for the teaching job.
Its how they lure people into ivory coast now for MLM marketing.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive On CFA 90,000 Teaching Job In Cote D'ivoire? by barca4slhmusa: 8:20am On Jan 18, 2022
I think 90kfca is around 65k. I don't think it will enough for u to survive with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BAT Test By Kimberly-Ryan / Nigerian Navy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2017DSSC Aptitude Test / MSc Holder Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Abbreviations In His Application

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.