Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,636 members, 7,951,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 08:28 PM

Soldiers Go Beserk, Beat Abtu Dep Registrar, Wife - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Soldiers Go Beserk, Beat Abtu Dep Registrar, Wife (991 Views)

5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / Kebbi Dep Governor Son & A Student Of Al-hikmah University Die In Auto Crash / Soldiers Go On Rampage In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Soldiers Go Beserk, Beat Abtu Dep Registrar, Wife by ahamdiheme: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2011
I wonder what the Nigerian army has become, please read the story:

Written by Saliu Gbadamosi Monday, 20 June 2011

SOME soldiers of the 33 Artillery Brigade headquaters, Bauchi, went berserk, at the weekend, beating up the deputy registrar of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), Bauchi, Mr Andee Iheme, and his wife.

About eight soldiers pounced on Iheme and his wife, Moji, whipping them, as well as raining verbal insults on the defenceless couple, as sympathisers could only watch helplessly from a distance.

The incident, which happened around the Mobile petrol station at the popular Gidan Mai area of the state capital, had caused outrage among the people of Bauchi, as they  were getting apprehensive over incidents of human rights violation by soldiers on innocent people.

Iheme was groaning in pains as he narrated his ordeal to newsmen on his hospital bed, at the emergency ward of the Abubakar Teaching Hospital, Bauchi.

Narrating his ordeal, Iheme said around 7.00 p.m on Saturday, an army Hilux Jeep, with registration number NA 379 E, having 33 written at its back, parked in front of his wife’s car, preventing her from getting out of the petrol station.

The development, according to him, prompted his wife to hoot her horn, with a view to getting the soldiers park their van properly.

The situation later resulted into verbal attack and beating, where he sustained head injuries, while the wife had a swollen mouth.

“I had just finished training of customs men in Public Relations in Calabar and I was on my way back. When I got to Gidan Mai, I called my wife to come and pick me at Mobil petrol station. This was about a few minutes to 4.00 p.m. My wife came and I got into the car.

“Just as we were going to get out of the petrol station, a blue Hilux van with two compartments just parked in front of us across the road. So my wife horned for him to move on. The Hilux van refused to move. She horned again. The two persons in front of the van were discharging two girls who were sitting behind.

“So when my wife horned again, the next thing we saw was that the man, who was on the driver’s seat did the sign of ‘Uwaka’ (Your Mother) with his two hands to us and I was shocked.

“So I told my wife to horn again and she did and this man did ‘Uwaka’ again and switched off the engine of his car. So I wound down my glass and told him if eventually you move this car from here then you are a fool. He came out from the car and gave me a slap and before I knew it, he was using his legs and throwing blows on me,” he said.

The Public Relations Officer of the 33 Artillery Brigade, Major A. Etete, confirmed the incident, adding that the men were from the brigade and that investigations were ongoing with a view to fishing out the culprits.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/23759-soldiers-go-beserk-beat-abtu-dep-registrar-wife

(1) (Reply)

My Name Is DEEN / Two Girls Wearing Oga At The Top Tshirt / What Exactly Is Integrity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.