Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,686 members, 7,895,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal (1160 Views)

I Suspect My Friend Of Bad Luck Aura / I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 19, 2022
I never knew it would get to a point where I had to imagine that bad luck is hovering around me. However recent occurrences have made me channel my thoughts towards that direction. Unable to sleep throughout the night with numerous thoughts running through my mind on how to salvage this year early on to avoid a repeat of other stagnant years. I reminisced on some of the recent occurrences in my life and arrived at the conclusion that I might be suffering from bad luck.

I have always believed that loyalty to a higher authority has its own peck but in my own case, it has gotten my fingers burnt severally. As a struggling student while in school, I normally follow a man in my street who was into interlocking to go to work whenever I was home on break. In a short while, I learned the skill and went from a server to an interlocker, due to my diligence and ability to learn very fast I became his right-hand man. I took on contracts from him without even settling on a price, I accepted anything that he gave me at the end of the contract, and to be honest he exceeded my expectations at times. I was loyal to the extent that even if prospective clients approach me on-site in his absence, I would still refer them to him. My colleagues always thought of me as a fool since that was my only way of getting clients myself.

During one busy xmas season, he had several contracts and I hoped he would outsource one of them to me since I had lots of bills to pay. He sent me on german flooring jobs inside primitive villages with a promise that he would outsource one of the contracts to me when I return. He knew I hated concrete jobs which were what made me learn the skill in the first place. One of his workers abandoned an interlocking molding contract for a better offer and I was sent to finish it up. I returned home and met the absence of my younger brother who normally serves me, I called him and he told me that they have gone to work in the last site that was remaining for the year. I was shattered and for the first time in my life, I was heartbroken not by love or a lady but by shattered hopes. I never felt so used in my entire life, I shed tears. I called my boss and he gave me incoherent excuses. That was how I stopped working for him.

There is this businessman in my football team at home that liked me, so during the last ASUU strike, I would go to his shop daily to help him out while he pays for my transport fare and feeds me once a day. With my experience in business, I made a lot of modifications to his business pattern and he started recording astronomical sales. Since we were dealing in female kinds of stuff and I have my way with words, I would easily sell items triple the normal price and of course, I would give him everything. He was impressed and made a proposal to me. He had an old stock of goods which he promised to give me at auction price to market so I could raise a little money from the business. It was a win-win situation for both of us because that particular item was over 16k pieces in his warehouse and was tieing money down. The proposal spurred me on and I dedicated myself to his business as if it belonged to me. Till his wife started coming to the shop.

This man just called me one day after training and told me that he no longer wants me to come to the shop and he was calling the initially proposed business off citing reasons like he wanted his wife to adapt to the business and my presence was making her lazy. As for the auction business, he felt the demand was skyrocketing so he wanted to sell for maximum profits, forgetting that I was the one literally shoving that particular product down the customer's throats till they started patronizing it. Once again I was left disappointed. It was months later that his cousin would open up to me that the man confided in him that my influence in the business was getting strong, and I was discovering places where some of those things we sold could be gotten cheaper. He also complained that most customers only wanted to deal with me, so whenever I am not around they would prefer to wait for me instead of transacting with them.

I was shocked to the marrows at this revelation, This is a man that I would scout the width and breadth of the market for sourcing for goods that we don't have at a cheaper rate so we can resale for profit. I never harbored any evil intention towards his business, even though he never gave me pocket money, I never touched his one kobo. Yet he gave in to his wife's counsel that I was about to push him out of business. Once more I was cast aside when I needed help the most.

I've graduated now and the story is still the same, some Nairalanders reached out to me after I posted about my business experiences and made one promise or the other. I had high hopes for the year but they, unfortunately, ghosted me after raising my hopes, They don't even reply to my messages so I let them be.

I have been applying for jobs as a developer and it seems there is a conspiracy somewhere that I won't get interviews. I have had a foreign HR schedule an interview with me, even sending me reminders every two days only to cancel the interview just one hour to the interview time without giving me any reason. That was the last I had from her. I've had another foreign firm ask me to choose an interview date and time which I did only to be ghosted. I passed an assessment of a UK firm and they sent me a message that I was an ideal candidate for them and I will be gotten back to in a couple of days but for where, I was ghosted. Is there any other definition of bad luck?

I managed to get a writing gig here that paid 5n/word, I was happy that finally, I had something doing at least to pay my bills. I had rent to pay and the gig came at the right time. I pleaded with the landlord to give me till the end of the month because I knew I would save with the new gig and pay up, but after paying for the first week, I was literally begging the guy to give me articles to work on. I initially thought I wasn't good enough, but he was full of praises the first week and was even talking about increasing my pay after just one week. It's been two weeks now and I have only written two articles, with my hope of settling my landlord evaporating.

I always put in my best in everything I do but I always get disappointed, I tried to pray today but realized I've forgotten how to pray.
I am tired of all these struggles, at times I wish I could just sleep and rest since I don't have the courage to take my own life. I already feel like a failure. This life is just overrated and meaningless, it ain't worth living at all.

1 Like

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Irupetepete: 6:32am On Jan 19, 2022
This is not bad luck, you are not street smart, you put too much hope on people...
You are not streetly intelligent if you understand what that mean...
When opportunities come knocking, be wise to utilize it well cos human will always disappoint you, this have learnt overtime

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by kwaso2: 6:53am On Jan 19, 2022
I agree with the respondent above. Just to add to that, I also think you should let Jesus join your boat.

While diligence, skills, experience fail, look for Jesus. His entrance into your boat, changes all narrative

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Omihanifa: 7:11am On Jan 19, 2022
The two guys above me are on point, but I will advice the OP to first change his mindset that badluck is following him around. Because as long as you continue to have this mindset, it will damage your mind and you won't get anything right.

Secondly, put on the whole armour of God (Ephesians 6:11-18).

Always pray for God to show you Mercy,

6 Likes

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by bigjackass: 7:53am On Jan 19, 2022
I've been in your shoes. What you need is to first cast away all superstitious beliefs and reprogram your mind from relying on any higher authority. Secondly don't rely on humans even with assurance. Just don't. Thirdly, don't set your hopes on one thing. For example, if you manage to get one source of income, always have it at the back of your mind that anything can happen so you need a back up. Finally, understand that challenges are part of life. Whatever goes up must come down. It is a basic universal law and not badluck. If you can program your mind this way, you can deal with anything. You will tend to fail less. And even when you fail it won't shake you so much to the point of suicide.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Harrykn: 10:05am On Jan 19, 2022
We all have stories to tell.
I thank God for keep you strong, you’ll make it out one day and forget this miserable stories brother man. Believe.
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by ebenezerdaniel(m): 10:37am On Jan 19, 2022
bro we're in the same situation, e don reach four month now wey i don go work last,
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by socialmediaman: 10:43am On Jan 19, 2022
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"

You trust people and dedicate yourself to the cause of a higher authority, but they don't reward your loyalty, and when they're done with you or feel threatened by your dominance, they get rid of you. You feel you've been set back because you invested all your time and resources. The cycle repeats itself over and over again.

Someone gives you a single job and promises to work with you, you believe them and become very committed to the "cause", only to get disappointed. Some people will think "Oh well, you lose some and win some", but you'll rather think something like fate caused them to pull back.

OP @ Onahi95 you're a unique type of person. What is happening to you is happening to potentially thousands or millions of other Nigerians, and tens or hundreds of millions of people all over the world. You do need deliverance, but not spiritual deliverance. You need deliverance from ignorance of who you are. You need to know who you are, what controls your thought patterns, your actions. You were wired from birth in a unique way, and combined with your upbringing, environment, relationships, education and many other factors, there are many types of possibilities and end results that may likely occur

I recommend you take this personality test and know yourself better. Knowledge of self will help you to take better control of your thoughts, actions and overall personality: https://www.truity.com/test/type-finder-personality-test-new
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Mariangeles(f): 11:10am On Jan 19, 2022
You don’t have bad luck, otherwise, those opportunities you had would never have come your way.
The problem is that you don’t recognize your own opportunities when they come.
Instead of making the most of your opportunities, you dash them out to your masters, and settle for the peanuts they give you.
You have a servitude mentality. You’re overly loyal and prefer to serve people.

You need to work on your mindset.
Go after your own. You’re skilled and hardworking.

3 Likes

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 19, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by GboyegaD(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Just keep on persevering, it sure would end well.

Also, stop trying to be nice. Demand your right in terms of earnings and fair share going forward. People will always take your being nice as stupidity.
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:12pm On Jan 19, 2022
This has absolutely nothing to do with badluck. You put others first and you can't do that in a shithole country like Nigeria. You have to learn to be very selfish. Extremely selfish. Always look out for yourself first. Nigeria is a jungle.

4 Likes

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by chicfarmer: 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
Op, don't ever give up. Persevere and everything will finally come together.

Meanwhile, do not completely abandon any skill you've developed, including the interlock skill.

Keep in touch with your contacts. Rely on God and before long you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Don't turn your back on people, na dem God go still use help you. See you at the top.
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Karleb(m): 5:00pm On Jan 19, 2022
Baba, your self worth is close to zero. Sorry If this insults you but you are very cheap or should I say you present yourself very cheap.

Your friends were right for calling you a fool because you acted like one.

Bro, put a value on yourself. There is loyalty and their is foolishness.

Your opportunity will still come and when it does, don't be cheap.

1 Like

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Scrap: 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Where is your location?
Drop your number or better still, drop your email address

1 Like

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
socialmediaman:
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"

You trust people and dedicate yourself to the cause of a higher authority, but they don't reward your loyalty, and when they're done with you or feel threatened by your dominance, they get rid of you. You feel you've been set back because you invested all your time and resources. The cycle repeats itself over and over again.

Someone gives you a single job and promises to work with you, you believe them and become very committed to the "cause", only to get disappointed. Some people will think "Oh well, you lose some and win some", but you'll rather think something like fate caused them to pull back.

OP @ Onahi95 you're a unique type of person. What is happening to you is happening to potentially thousands or millions of other Nigerians, and tens or hundreds of millions of people all over the world. You do need deliverance, but not spiritual deliverance. You need deliverance from ignorance of who you are. You need to know who you are, what controls your thought patterns, your actions. You were wired from birth in a unique way, and combined with your upbringing, environment, relationships, education and many other factors, there are many types of possibilities and end results that may likely occur

I recommend you take this personality test and know yourself better. Knowledge of self will help you to take better control of your thoughts, actions and overall personality: https://www.truity.com/test/type-finder-personality-test-new
Thanks baba
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
Scrap:
Where is your location?
Drop your number or better still, drop your email address
my number is08132046795 simeondrizzy62@gmail.com
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
kwaso2:
I agree with the respondent above. Just to add to that, I also think you should let Jesus join your boat.

While diligence, skills, experience fail, look for Jesus. His entrance into your boat, changes all narrative
I have little or no affinity to religion, I want to get closer to God but the push is just not there
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mariangeles:
You don’t have bad luck, otherwise, those opportunities you had would never have come your way.
The problem is that you don’t recognize your own opportunities when they come.
Instead of making the most of your opportunities, you dash them out to your masters, and settle for the peanuts they give you.
You have a servitude mentality. You’re overly loyal and prefer to serve people.

You need to work on your mindset.
Go after your own. You’re skilled and hardworking.
It's not like I like to serve others, but I like to appreciate any thing that anyone does for me. I've always believed that when one serves a king he will have a shot at the throne but obviously I am wrong

1 Like

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by socialmediaman: 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
Onahi95:

It's not like I like to serve others, but I like to appreciate any thing that anyone does for me. I've always believed that when one serves a king he will have a shot at the throne but obviously I am wrong

You’re not wrong in principle, but it just doesn’t always work that way in reality.

Smartness means when you’re serving a king, you apply loyalty in a smart way, for instance, don’t sell your house when the king asks you to relocate and serve them, ask them to send money for the relocation. Negotiate your relocation cost

Smartness means that if you’re a graphic designer for a company for instance, open a social media page where you can display and promote your graphics, because someday the company may find a cheaper or even younger designer, and when you get laid off, you have already built a reputation for yourself and you won’t go hungry.

Smartness means that if you’re selling for your boss, build relationships with your customers and earn their trust, if you get laid off, you may be lucky to find someone who can help you

…and when people don’t get back to you, don’t worry, maybe they’re not ready to hire you, maybe they found someone else, maybe you were too expensive, it’s all part of business, keep them in your mailing list and keep reminding them that you’re available and your services are improving, someday you might just win them back, or not, maybe you’ll win bigger customers and business goes on

…it’s not bad luck if you get more knowledgeable about it and realize how it works

3 Likes

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Mariangeles(f): 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2022
Onahi95:

To serve is good. It paves way for opportunities to come to you.

The only wrong is passing up your own opportunities.

As much as King Saul loved David, he still saw him as a big threat.
The men you worked for loved your diligence and zeal, but at the same time, felt threatened by you (especially when they noticed that clients preferred you), that you might know too much, which they felt might not profitable to them on the long run, so they had to let you go.
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by DontBullshitMe: 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2022
You need to be GREEDIER.

1 Like

Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Neddstark: 12:32am On Jan 20, 2022
You are just unlucky meeting the wrong people. A change of environment might help you.
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by ibechris(m): 7:26am On Jan 20, 2022
U are a gifted hand and until u discover the gift yourself,things will start moving .
Re: Acute Bad Luck Is Making Me Suicidal by Ajibade123(m): 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2022
lot of things are happening

(1) (Reply)

I Hate Seeing Him Like This / Men Over To You / What Is Your Native Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.