Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,574 members, 7,921,194 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:28 PM

Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja (756 Views)

My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. / Harmful Effect Of Christianity To Our Beloved Society / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Michelle70(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2022
By bet9ja, I mean those people that sees Christianity as a gamble, those who thinks if they give their last 2k to a man of God or to a church, they will reap supernatural abundance.

You will never see them give to the needy because those people won't pray for them or doesn't have to give back, in fact they don't even know that there is an orphanage in their state, they have transformed Christianity into gamble where u have to look at the odds before staking.

I remembered a friend of mine who told me that on his own birthday, he didn't wish for anything but prayed for God to bless his papa (I won't mention name of the papa) and he was very proud about it, I asked him if he also prayed for Nigeria as a Nation and those people that are commuting daily on the road but he told me, how has Nigeria helped him.

Truth is we always go to church and see the modern pastors preaching all about, supernatural abundance, divine fulfilment, marital breakthrough and financial upliftment etc and we forgot that the first thing is to seek Gods kingdom and not earthly success

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
Hmm...
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Nelidee(m): 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
I once heard my cousin make this statement to his younger brother;

Abeg, borrow me 5k. I go pay you back later. Make I use am go pay my tithe. Be like say na because I never pay my tithe for last month na e make this contract never legit.

I didn't bother correcting him because he's like a JW...he loves to argue even when he's obviously wrong.

The fact that people think they can get God's blessing with money or that God needs you to spend money before he blesses you shows how dead and rotten most churches of today are.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by ParpahSeventy: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2022
Most part of the Christianity we see these days are just lies and fallacy, and this happens as a result of high rate of unemployment amongst the young population, as a result many of them resort to "ministry" and preach or do whatever they like in the name of serving God, these "pastors" will tell you anything to get money out of your pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Michelle70(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nelidee:
I once heard my cousin make this statement to his younger brother;

Abeg, borrow me 5k. I go pay you back later. Make I use am go pay my tithe. Be like say na because I never pay my tithe for last month na e make this contract never legit.

I didn't bother correcting him because he's like a JW...he loves to argue even when he's obviously wrong.

The fact that people think they can get God's blessing with money or that God needs you to spend money before he blesses you shows how dead and rotten most churches of today are.
I swear and those are the churches people always rush to because instead of preaching the truth, they always preach what the masses want to hear
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 12:33am On Jan 21, 2022
Michelle70:
1. By bet9ja, I mean those people that sees Christianity as a gamble, those who thinks if they give their last 2k to a man of God or to a church, they will reap supernatural abundance.

2. Truth is we always go to church and see the modern pastors preaching all about, supernatural abundance, divine fulfilment, marital breakthrough and financial upliftment etc and we forgot that the first thing is to seek Gods kingdom and not earthly success
1. With the level out there for businesses and businessmen out there in the world, it makes sense that your mogs, who are just businessmen using the name of God to make profits for their business and kingdoms here on earth, would resort to selling miracle and breakthroughs to the highest bidders. undecided

2. Jesus Christ no send anyone to build Him any church neither did He ask anyone to gather people in His name in these buildings. undecided
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Jan 21, 2022
ParpahSeventy:
Most part of the Christianity we see these days are just lies and fallacy, and this happens as a result of high rate of unemployment amongst the young population, as a result many of them resort to "ministry" and preach or do whatever they like in the name of serving God, these "pastors" will tell you anything to get money out of your pocket.
If you did deeper, you will find that the high rate of unemployment is part to blame on overpopulation and overpopulation itself is in many ways linked to religion, your churches part and parcel of with their doctrines that claim that what God wants is for all to multiply, when in fact God meant message for the fruitful. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by ParpahSeventy: 7:05am On Jan 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If you did deeper, you will find that the high rate of unemployment is part to blame on overpopulation and overpopulation itself is in many ways linked to religion, your churches part and parcel of with their doctrines that claim that what God wants is for all to multiply, when in fact God meant message for the fruitful. undecided
Unemployment can also be linked to under development, if you look at it critically, churches don't actually teach having many children(I haven't heard that though), people who has plenty kids are not really church people, in essence what am saying is this, people tends to assume God called them because some finished their first degree and no work so they become so religious and before you know, they have a church or ministry as they call it and because they are confused people trying to feed from religion, they teach whatever they like and people in their abundance of foolishness follows in all totality.
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Michelle70(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

Unemployment can also be linked to under development, if you look at it critically, churches don't actually teach having many children(I haven't heard that though), people who has plenty kids are not really church people, in essence what am saying is this, people tends to assume God called them because some finished their first degree and no work so they become so religious and before you know, they have a church or ministry as they call it and because they are confused people trying to feed from religion, they teach whatever they like and people in their abundance of foolishness follows in all totality.
I don't think they teach whatever they like, I feel they teach what the people likes.

There are some temples, prayer houses, catholics, deeper life churches that preaches the bible as it ought to be, but those teachings are not sweet to the ears, rather it is the teachings of financial breakthrough that people enjoys.

That's why u may not find deeper life churches more often again but can find 3 living faith church just in one street, churches that is more interested in first fruit that code of dressing.
Back in 90's, who burn u to carry skirt weh short pass ur knee enter church. Na skirt weh deh ankle level girls deh wear
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 11:43am On Jan 21, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

* There are churches that teach their gullible followers that the mission of women in life and marriage is to birth and raise what they call "godly" children. undecided

* there are churches that teach doctrines that deceive their gullible with messages that suggest God needds their children to grow His Kingdom

* ofcourse almost always teach that the married are more blessed and favored by God

I can go on , but if you examine the population growth curve in Nigeria over at least the last 40 years, you will find that the huge rise happened right about the same religious organizations began gaining more and more freedoms in Nigeria to practice and to spread their doctrines. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2022
Michelle70:
I don't think they teach whatever they like, I feel they teach what the people likes.

1. There are some temples, prayer houses, catholics, deeper life churches that preaches the bible as it ought to be, but those teachings are not sweet to the ears, rather it is the teachings of financial breakthrough that people enjoys.

2. That's why u may not find deeper life churches more often again but can find 3 living faith church just in one street, churches that is more interested in first fruit that code of dressing.

3. Back in 90's, who burn u to carry skirt weh short pass ur knee enter church. Na skirt weh deh ankle level girls deh wear
1. I am afraid there are no such places that "preach" the bible as it ought to be. undecided

2. Many of them of course, like deeper life claim to be bible believing but like every other church organization out there, what they do is pick and choose those aspects or scripture that appeals to the audience they cater to. They tailor their doctrines and traditions for the kind of crowd that suit their desire - not God's and they create the illusion that their desire is God's this through continuous mention of His name. undecided

3. But nothing of God's commandments suggests one can't do that, neither has God has not set men as monitors over their fellow men in such things.. undecided
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by ParpahSeventy: 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2022
Michelle70:

There are some temples, prayer houses, catholics, deeper life churches that preaches the bible as it ought to be, but those teachings are not sweet to the ears, rather it is the teachings of financial breakthrough that people enjoys.

That's why u may not find deeper life churches more often again but can find 3 living faith church just in one street, churches that is more interested in first fruit that code of dressing.
Back in 90's, who burn u to carry skirt weh short pass ur knee enter church. Na skirt weh deh ankle level girls deh wear
You are right though, still, those "pastors" teach what they like because they are as gullible as their followers, and you will see piece of sh!t that's no where near to righteous will be making all noise about the kingdom of heaven and how is a great follower of God.
That's one of the reasons I hate these noise makers in the name of Christianity and spirituality, you go to so called churches and you see choristers and church leaders dancing a zlatan dance step in the church but they will tell you they are magnifying God.
Alot of sh!ts being carried out by "our daddy" and their sh!tty followers in the name of Christianity. People want to bear the name of God and live the standard of devil at the same time
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by ParpahSeventy: 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
* There are churches that teach their gullible followers that the mission of women in life and marriage is to birth and raise what they call "godly" children. undecided

* there are churches that teach doctrines that deceive their gullible with messages that suggest God needds their children to grow His Kingdom

* ofcourse almost always teach that the married are more blessed and favored by God

I can go on , but if you examine the population growth curve in Nigeria over at least the last 40 years, you will find that the huge rise happened right about the same religious organizations began gaining more and more freedoms in Nigeria to practice and to spread their doctrines. undecided
* There are churches that teaches that, but I haven't seen those churches that will tell you to birth children in large quantity, that's what am saying.
* that's true, but they still didn't suggest you birth to the level you can't cater for.
*still true, that's one of the teachings I hate most about people who claim to be spiritual and quote to you "he who finds a wife findeth a good thing and favor in the sight of God" making some Sh!tty girls believe they are favor to men.
Marry most of those church girls and you are doomed.
I fear church girls alot.
In conclusion, if you check population growth in Nigeria, the northern hemisphere has a higher population growth, and you know they don't practice Christianity and that's a different ball game altogether.
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

1. There are churches that teaches that, but I haven't seen those churches that will tell you to birth children in large quantity, that's what am saying.
2. that's true, but they still didn't suggest you birth to the level you can't cater for.
*still true, that's one of the teachings I hate most about people who claim to be spiritual and quote to you "he who finds a wife findeth a good thing and favor in the sight of God" making some Sh!tty girls believe they are favor to men.
In conclusion, if you check population growth in Nigeria, the northern hemisphere has a higher population growth, and you know they don't practice Christianity and that's a different ball game altogether.
1. You can't see how the lie that God wants women to have and raise "godly" children can spur people into having more than they can handle, believing God will somehow magically provide for said "godly" children?

By the way, Jesus Christ never asked anyone to have and raise for Him children and there is nothing like birthing or raising "godly" children undecided

2. See
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Michelle70(m): 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You can't see how the lie that God wants women to have and raise "godly" children can spur people into having more than they can handle, believing God will somehow magically provide for said "godly" children?

By the way, Jesus Christ never asked anyone to have and raise for Him children and there is nothing like birthing or raising "godly" children undecided

2. See
Oga no deh interpret am to suit urself.
Have an raise Goldly children is talking about the way to raise ur kids and not to have many children.
Even if u have one child, let it be raised in a Goldly way that's what it means.

Do not raise a thief, a liar, etc, that's what it means to raise Godly kids
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

1. There are churches that teaches that, but I haven't seen those churches that will tell you to birth children in large quantity, that's what am saying.
2. that's true, but they still didn't suggest you birth to the level you can't cater for.
3. still true, that's one of the teachings I hate most about people who claim to be spiritual and quote to you "he who finds a wife findeth a good thing and favor in the sight of God" making some Sh!tty girls believe they are favor to men.

4. In conclusion, if you check population growth in Nigeria, the northern hemisphere has a higher population growth, and you know they don't practice Christianity and that's a different ball game altogether.

2. See point 1 above.

3. Well, it is indeed true that the writter in the book of Psalm says he who finds a wife finds a good thing, but Jesus Christ said your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God, so those tales of marriage and blessings are also made up. undecided

4. The North may seem to have a higher rate than the south but that don't mean the rise in the south isn't an additional problem. undecided
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2022
Michelle70:
Oga no deh interpret am to suit urself.
Have an raise Goldly children is talking about the way to raise ur kids and not to have many children.
Even if u have one child, let it be raised in a Goldly way that's what it means.

Do not raise a thief, a liar, etc, that's what it means to raise Godly kids
But there is no such thing as "godly" children this since Jesus Christ made it known that your marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 undecided

The only mandate we are given as far as the world is concerned is that we teach to those in the world the same Gospel that Jesus Christ taught to His disciples. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Michelle70(m): 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But there is no such thing as "godly" children this since Jesus Christ made it known that your marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 undecided

The only mandate we are given as far as the world is concerned is that we teach to those in the world the same Gospel that Jesus Christ taught to His disciples. lipsrsealed
Godly means fear of God.
Are u devil's sent? Why are u interpreting the narrative to suit urself
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2022
Michelle70:
Godly means fear of God.
Are u devil's sent? Why are u interpreting the narrative to suit urself
I am not "interpreting" scripture at all. Just stating exactly what it says about the things we claim. undecided

Now as far as "fear of God" , even the Pharisees who Jesus Christ warned us never to be like were also men who supposedly feared God and one does not need to look far see how evil is openly perpetrated in the name of God even this day, so again, there isn't such thing as raising "godly" children. Instead, you can teach them moral rules which are of the world. Or better yet, you can teach the Gospel to them. undecided
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by ParpahSeventy: 9:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. See point 1 above.

3. Well, it is indeed true that the writter in the book of Psalm says he who finds a wife finds a good thing, but Jesus Christ said your marriages are of this world and not of the Kingdom of God, so those tales of marriage and blessings are also made up. undecided

4. The North may seem to have a higher rate than the south but that don't mean the rise in the south isn't an additional problem. undecided
You have a point, seems we are viewing this particular topic from different angles.
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

You have a point, seems we are viewing this particular topic from different angles.
Yep, compare the population back in the 80s and 90s to the 2000s where the spike rose tremendously and has been rising since, this in conjunction with the sudden proliferation of religious business places - churches and mosques in both North and sound. Also consider that what has followed that sudden increase is unemployment and the poverty levels. It is had to argue that religion had no part in what is Nigeria's overpopulation and unemployment problems. undecided
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by ParpahSeventy: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Yep, compare the population back in the 80s and 90s to the 2000s where the spike rose tremendously and has been rising since, this in conjunction with the sudden proliferation of religious business places - churches and mosques in both North and sound. Also consider that what has followed that sudden increase is unemployment and the poverty levels. It is had to argue that religion had no part in what is Nigeria's overpopulation and unemployment problems. undecided
Am not talking religion on general terms(if we do on general terms, then you are right) am talking about Christianity.
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

Am not talking religion on general terms(if we do on general terms, then you are right) am talking about Christianity.
In Nigeria, when we say religion, we typically refer to the two major religions- Islam and Christianity- and those are the two religious groups I also refer to here when I say religion. undecided
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by ParpahSeventy: 8:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
In Nigeria, when we say religion, we typically refer to the two major religions- Islam and Christianity- and those are the two religious groups I also refer to here when I say religion. undecided
The post here is talking about Christianity and that's where I want to confine my discussion.
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

The post here is talking about Christianity and that's where I want to confine my discussion.
Ok. The Christian religion is part and parcel of the problem that is Nigeria even today! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by ParpahSeventy: 8:41pm On Jan 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ok. The Christian religion is part and parcel of the problem that is Nigeria even today! undecided
I don't dispute that fact.
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
ParpahSeventy:

I don't dispute that fact.
Thank goodness cause that country has suffered at the hands of mogs and their followers. undecided
Re: Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja by ParpahSeventy: 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Thank goodness cause that country has suffered at the hands of mogs and their followers. undecided
Lol.
Everything is wrong in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Pray For Your Enemies To Die! / The Preaching Work To All The World Is Accomplished / New Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.