Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy (20944 Views)

Nigerian Workers, NLC Demand 50 Per Cent Salary Increase Over Biting Inflation / Price Of Kerosene Increases To Over ₦800/Litre / Idia Ize-Iyamu On A Road Show With Edo State Commercial Drivers Union (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by josephft2000: 8:39am On Jan 23, 2022
LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE BANNED THE ACTIVITIES OF THE AGBEROS ALSO, AND NOT JUST THE COUNCILS ALONE
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by thinkmoney(m): 8:45am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
Despite the article is self explanatory and straight forward, deranged IPOB cannibals will still come here to exhibit their stupidity, they have submitted their brains to Kanu, they can't reason again
Racist...u don't have any other thing to thrill yourself with other than castigating other tribes. Your type are educated illiterates, scum of the earth and shame of your family and accomplices.
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Oshodipikin: 8:58am On Jan 23, 2022
Tinubu needs money for election. Sanwo eko has increased the burden on the populace for him. MC oluomo will execute Sanwo order....

Naija of you vote Tinubu, Naija Don finish be that oh...
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by mediainc: 9:02am On Jan 23, 2022
Regulation in the danfo transport sector is key, to control the amount of Danfo on our roads, too much of them on our road, blocking roads with their reckless driving and parking.
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Adeolaeniola(m): 9:05am On Jan 23, 2022
I don't know why some people will come online to be commending evil government, have you people had the experience before, the government will tell you something online and be acting another...what is the work of NURTW that is difficult for them to eradicate them.
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Ykc2(m): 9:07am On Jan 23, 2022
Mynd44:

No. The sum what drivers used to pay in local government dues, garage cleaning dues, Ministry of transport dues and LASEPA used to be up to ₦3,000.

Now, the ₦3,000 has been moved into one single price of ₦800 which is a reduction in price so any driver who charges more is just been greedy.

Get it?
so you believe government spokesperson person at once?
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by OFFICIAL336: 9:09am On Jan 23, 2022
Mynd44:

No. The sum what drivers used to pay in local government dues, garage cleaning dues, Ministry of transport dues and LASEPA used to be up to ₦3,000.

Now, the ₦3,000 has been moved into one single price of ₦800 which is a reduction in price so any driver who charges more is just been greedy.

Get it?
Don't deceive people.

Read and you will see where the government says the union will continue to collect their dues. If you are Lagosian, you should understand what that means.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Osmomoh(m): 9:10am On Jan 23, 2022
Imagine Tinubu as Nigeria presido, Nigerians will not survive it for 6 months.
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by techWriter3: 9:11am On Jan 23, 2022
That's good. But In an earlier findings, the 800 wantsn't consist daily nurtw costs
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Verysmart101: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2022
helinues:

Why do I have to care about that when I always mind my business and looking younger daily.

Are you from Lagos state or any of the SW states?

Are there no Agberos in other regions.

Mind your business if you want to be looking flourishing like us

Shut ur dirty gutter please!!! In the 21st century should there be anything called agbero? Is there anything like agbero in near by Benin Republic and ur here saying mind ur business.Ur one of the reasons Naija is so backward and it will soon consume you for supporting evil
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by hupo: 9:18am On Jan 23, 2022
Good move and a very commendable act from those in authority. However on the flip side, why is it coming at the verge of 2023 elections. Anyway let’s hope it is sustainable in the long run after the elections
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by dejol88: 9:23am On Jan 23, 2022
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Since the new levy is across board what then happen to those that ply short distances and charge less per trip....you guys think if they pay this N800 they won't increase their fares. Those supporting this Initiative does not understand the working of the minds of the average commercial transport operators in Lagos.

It appears you might be the only one who understand the write up!

After reading the report juxtaposed it with reality on ground, how will someone who runs shorter distance and billed 800 daily not pass it on to the commuters? Or will they be exempted from paying the imposed levy?

In my opinion, this is sheer wickedness from this government knowing fully well how much this guys pay to union dues and Agbero, whilst still spending urge resources in high maintenance of the tokunbo vehicles!

Poverty to increase !
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by federal9: 9:26am On Jan 23, 2022
Thank God I work from home.
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by kelviniro(m): 9:36am On Jan 23, 2022
The commercial bus driver don't in any way pay N3,000. The route I no too well the pay a total of N1,800 per day to the union now adding N800 is N2,600 daily and each loading is N250 if you manage to load 10times that N2,500 add N2,600 that's N5,100.

They have to consider this bus drivers, without the drivers they won't be union, they both work hand in hand �
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by SilvanusII(m): 9:40am On Jan 23, 2022
This has got to be the most stupid warning issued. The state government did not think to collect from the unauthorized levies and monies collected by touts and that have no actual value or contributions to the coffers of the state and yet expect fares not to rise...who are these idiots again?
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by seborrhic: 9:43am On Jan 23, 2022
Mynd44:

Get it?
Anybody that believes the goverment of Lagos State would reduce what commercial buses used to pay from ₦3k to ₦800 unfortunately has to have his/education reviewed.
Assuming they are claiming that is what they used to pay to LGs,who is going to stop the LGs from collecting the dues that amounted to ₦3k formerly?Alausa?
The state government just fabricated that 3k levy from their a rses to make the 800 look good.
Nowhere,I repeat,Nowhere in Lagos where bus drivers paying 3k daily for LG dues.This is an INCREASE not decrease!
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by dejol88: 10:00am On Jan 23, 2022
seborrhic:

Anybody that believes the goverment of Lagos State would reduce what commercial buses used to pay from ₦3k to ₦800 unfortunately has to have his/education reviewed.
Assuming they are claiming that is what they used to pay to LGs,who is going to stop the LGs from collecting the dues that amounted to ₦3k formerly?Alausa?
The state government just fabricated that 3k levy from their a rses to make the 800 look good.

Nowhere,I repeat,Nowhere in Lagos where bus drivers paying 3k daily for LG dues.This is an INCREASE not decrease!

Myself being wondering where danfo pay LGA to LGA ooo. The state government is smart by half because they knew federal government will implement fuel increase which will lead to strike so they feel like, let us do our own before FH
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by headSmasher: 10:01am On Jan 23, 2022
Are you mentally ill or something, what is the meaning of this rubbish if you are frustrated, must you come here to vent your problems and disappointment here, better stay away from me if your parents didn't train not to insult people
thinkmoney:

Racist...u don't have any other thing to thrill yourself with other than castigating other tribes. Your type are educated illiterates, scum of the earth and shame of your family and accomplices.
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Laideabdulahi: 10:04am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
Despite the article is self explanatory and straight forward, deranged IPOB cannibals will still come here to exhibit their stupidity, they have submitted their brains to Kanu, they can't reason again

This is why Nigeria finds it hard to unite.
Tribalist eveywhere
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
All governmental dues have been harmonised, no more multiple charges.
Na lie.Government hardly reduce levies.
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by DAVE5(m): 10:10am On Jan 23, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:
Honestly, I find it extremely hard to believe how commercial bus drivers survive with the levies. Though, I keep writing Tinubu and his sharks generated funds in Lagos, but this is a point I so much dislike him, and it is the reason the prayers of those against him will come to pass. He is just making everything hard. In markets, parks, and other public places, he just keeps adding more fees, fines, and craz.y ways of extorting Lagosians. Seriously speaking, this is wrong. I just wish someone who is competent can come up. But it is just sad Nigeria isn't a high intellectual human capital. Most are not smart and are easily controlled. No good person will get to a public seat easily. Only terrible and thieves always get there. And same people who complain of hunger are the same who vote for their oppressors. It always beat my imagination.

I have been bashing ibos not because I hate them, but to make them get serious and face this issue squarely. I wish they can just bring on board a good person. Really, we dont need a politician, but a technocrat who is also brutal. We need to erect mobile courts everywhere to send people to jail fast. Of course, we must invest in jails with the mindset of converting them to commercial centers later cos crime will eventually decrease and the structures cannot be idle. As in we need prisons in even every local govt...just do rubbish, and you are in jail. And those jails must be for reorientating and reeducating people. Places where they learn new skills. I want to see computerized jails. We let them even know their rights and teach them how to vote. Even, those old people should be sent to jails. It wont be like real jails, but places where people are made to start thinking like normal people.

What am I saying? There will be massive people who will submit themselves willing to go to such jails. I have this vision. Seriously, yes.

If these bus drivers are normal people, they can fight this battle well. But they arent all normal. They are terrible disgusting peoole, and it is why Tinubu and his boys can use them anyhow. Same with market people. Seriously, if just 10% of bus drivers in Lagos put together just one day levy of N3,000 each and pay a good lawyer, they will win so many cases on ground. But they are all terrible people themselves. At times, I don't pity them cos if you had had encounter with them, you will know. As a matter of fact, I do not use those means of transport anymore, and I dont even drive in Lagos. The traffic is too craz.y to think of it. I will rather use Uber or BRT (Lagos State government official transport system).

If you try to organize these touts called bus drivers to fight government, they are the same who will back-stab you. So, I dont pity them at all.

And truly, cos of that N800 increment, they will hype transport fare. Seriously, let me tell you the truth. Those bus drivers are always praying for such fees increment so they can use it as excuses to charge craz.y fees. Lol. When I was young, I used to take those buses from my high school to my house. Mehn! I so much hated them. Bless my parents who used to take me in comfortable car in the mornings. But returning home is a heck of pain. Where uber in those days? Lol. I had to do everything in me to not have prejudice against those hooligans called drivers and conductors. If I mention my high school, I know more than 80% of matured ppl here will know it cos it was very popular in those days, and still has such a high standard.

We need to start building special mobile "sharp sharp" courts and reorientational jails to save us from corrupt politicians in public officials and hooligans on our roads

Anyway. We mooooveeeee!

Sadly, in your own words “ But it is just sad Nigeria isn't a high intellectual human capital” so all you said might take a billion years to manifest in this country, if we put time as a consideration but if not, it is 99.9% impossible

99.9% of Nigerians lack foresight
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 10:15am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
Are you mentally ill or something, what is the meaning of this rubbish if you are frustrated, must you come here to vent your problems and disappointment here, better stay away from me if your parents didn't train not to insult people
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Sonoyom(m): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2022
You beat a child and expect him not to cry?

Campaign money must be raised.
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by jacoik(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2022
Mynd44:

Get it?
says who? Did you listened to MC oluomo last week saying that the 800 doesn't mean that his boys won't charge what they used to charge? Mr, did you just came back from Gabon?
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by duality(m): 10:27am On Jan 23, 2022
EXOUSIAng:

How can you not read the post but still have so much to say...
Your ignorance loud ohhh...
Ok
Let me fix your small understanding.
The levy was N3000
They reduced it to N800
If you dont gerrit
Forgerabourrit

If it was reduced, they won't ask them not to increase fares
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Ogbuefi20(m): 10:43am On Jan 23, 2022
#3,000 annually, have turned to #800 daily. And some people feel happy about it
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Simplythebest: 10:51am On Jan 23, 2022
All this our leaders are very wicked and selfish. After paying N800 the drivers wil still pay to the Aboros in every bustop as union fees which is very bad and wickedness. What stop the government from saying that drivers should pay N1200 everyday and this covers government money and Union money. What the government will do is to remit the balance of N400 the union and they will live the road. Cus those union also contribute alot of traffic. I wonder how our leaders feel when ever they travel outside the country. This is very easy and simple thing to do but they prefer to cheat and make life more difficult to the people they are leading. Lagos mega city u still see Aboros everywhere collecting unaccounted funds from drivers and making things more difficult for masses with the help of government. We really need good leaders not selfish and wicked leaders that always want the masses to suffer.
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by deebrownneymar: 10:52am On Jan 23, 2022
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by thinkmoney(m): 10:55am On Jan 23, 2022
headSmasher:
Hypocrite too. You are insulting a whole race of people and you are talking about insult. You are obviously the one sick mentally
Why will you take pleasure from being a racist? Catching fun by castigating a whole people? Your education is a waste. Education conditions people fundamentally to understand and respect others.
If you don't know that racism and/or tribalism is a dangerous virus then u need help for your mental state!
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Sonn(m): 10:56am On Jan 23, 2022
Mynd44:

Get it?
Good explanation
Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 23, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
Tell the state gov to remove all those peepz that wear white/green and canvas Dey chase and collect money at every bus stop from conductors.Drivers will gladly pay that 800 and experience peace of mind without those worthless beings harassing them

This really got me big time.....grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Warns Commercial Drivers Against Fare Increase Over ₦800 Govt Levy by litaninja(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2022
oh, WE get it. But guess what, the NURTW is not INTERESTED in that. They have informed the lagos state government that they will contine to collect their levies and the government can collect whatever they like as well.
So the sum to be paid by the drivers in your example will now go to #3,800.
The extra #800, you can rest assured will be borne by the passengers.

Mynd44:

Get it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulrazak Namdas: I Will Support Tinubu, I care Less Who The VP Is / Bola Tinubu And APC Hosts Dinner And Dialogue In Kaduna (Photos) / Ohakim And Okorocha At Iwuanyanwu's Child Dedication (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.