Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,088 members, 7,880,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:38 PM

The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause (2593 Views)

The Damage Of The New Minimum Wage We Don’t Discuss / 2023: Orji Kalu Betrayed Igbo Cause - Edwin Clark / Is Ndi Igbo Cause To Fail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FactsvsFiction: 10:26am On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=onumadu post=109603015]

Before blaming me, you need to first go through my profile and posts here in Nairaland. One could even call me an Igbo nationalist.
BUT, I am NOT. I am a SANE Igbo who loves PROGRESS.

It's not been even up to a year when Gov Dave Umahi was attacking other Igbos, claiming that they demean Abakeleke people as somehow sub-Igbo. Nobody challenged him on that because they didn't want to add to the whole thing, but he was bold about his claims even though that is not true.
Before I went home to see things for myself, I thought that Umahi was right, until I got there...
It turned out that the opposite is actually the case! Ebonyi people have turned Nnewi and other Anambra towns into places of chaos (mostly through Okadas and kekes). [b]They were the same group that actively led the carnage during endsars riots, but then a lot of them graduated into UGM soon afterwards.
M[/b]y problem is that they are doing in Anambra what Umahi would never allow in Ebonyi.

You can continue doubting my Igbo: It does not perturb me as long as these terrorists are flushed out of our forests.
Dalu. angry

[\quote]

It's either you're actually very dum.b to understand your own writing or too hypocritically foolish and unreasonable to help yourself.

You already proved Umahi right with all these hateful drivels targeted at Abakiliki/Ebonyi people even when you're neither logical nor factual. You claim that 99% of those doing IPOB and unknown gunmen are Abakiliki people, and they were the ones that did Endsars too. Now, how did you arrive at such ridiculous conclusion? Can't you see you're driven by hate and sorcery? Anyone with iota of sense knows that IPOB can't operate in any place, particularly rural areas without the active participation of the locals. Everyone that knows Igboland very well knows that Aguleri people are very active in these groups than probably any other Igbo clans. Are Aguleri people no longer from Anambra state?

I'm not from Ebonyi State but I agree with Umahi that Abakiliki people are the butt of wicked derision among some Igbos, particularly people like you! Whether you're a paid goon doing a hatchet job or just a misguided native of Anambra state, I have come to understand that you're not acting alone and there are others like you too whom other embarrassed Igbos would often call impostors just to avoid the shame. However, what has baffled me and many other discerning Igbos is why it's always Anambra people that have such antagonistic view of other Igbos? The most worrying aspect of it is that this didn't start today, it was still people from the areas of present day Anambra people that caused the Biafra civil war yet were the same people that also sabotaged other Igbos during the war!

Till today, most of those that always attack other Igbos are often from Anambra whether as paid goons, impostors or hateful natives.

9 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FactsvsFiction: 10:34am On Jan 24, 2022
I started this thread with a hateful post an Anambra person made, targeting Abakiliki/Ebonyi for no logical nor factual reason. Now, one may argue that I can't use one person's opinion to judge all, but then this misguided dude is not alone in his thinking, in fact, there are several others with such myopic reasoning from Anambra. However, I also acknowledge there are many Anambra sons and daughters who truly believe in Igbo nationalism and my apologies to them. But unfortunately, they've not done enough to either reign in these recalcitrant ones or ostracize them.

Remember the Igbo adage that says otu aka ruta nmanu, ogazuo ndi ozo.

3 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Sergio104(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2022
No take some things you see here personal

3 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by nairalandankrah: 10:37am On Jan 24, 2022
Op, Why are you trying to divide Igbos?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FactsvsFiction: 10:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Igbos should start asking serious questions about our history, where we are and where we are headed.

Which people started the civil war?

Which people abandoned and sabotaged the war efforts when things got bad?

Which people are the ones always attacking Ebonyi people, Enugu people, Imo people and Abia people today?

Why are we Igbos so clannish?

Why are Igbo clans at the fringes denying their Igbo heritage?

If we can answer these questions, then we will be halfway towards solving them!

6 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by History555: 10:42am On Jan 24, 2022
Op u should know by now that those idiots are not from anambra and are definitely not lgbos but morons with complex issues pretending to be lgbos. The likes of onumadu, oasygo, Juliusmalema etc. Fake lgbos learn to ignore such losers

1 Like

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FactsvsFiction: 10:42am On Jan 24, 2022
Sergio104:
No take some things you see here personal

I used to be like you!

I will cleverly blame impostors and paid goons whenever I see most of the shameful and embarrassing posts by fellow Igbos, but over time, I realized that some Anambra people actually have such worldview. However, we can't continue shying away from discussing it because the more we do, the more emboldened these misguided ones become.

If we do not collectively stop this evil, believe me, Igbos will suffer for 600 years and we wouldn't achieve neither our dignity in Nigeria our own nation.

6 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Coolsperm: 10:43am On Jan 24, 2022
Shut up, you this local Yoruba Muslim miscreant, will know ur way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Yibo(m): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2022
Coolsperm:
Shut up, you this local Yoruba Muslim miscreant, will know ur way
ipob cannibal spotted

7 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Sergio104(m): 10:47am On Jan 24, 2022
FactsvsFiction:

I used to be like you!

I will cleverly blame impostors and paid goons whenever I see most of the shameful and embarrassing posts by fellow Igbos, but over time, I realized that some Anambra people actually have such worldview. However, we can't continue shying away from discussing it because the more we do, the more emboldened these misguided ones become.

If we do not collectively stop this evil, believe me, Igbos will suffer for 600 years and we wouldn't achieve neither our dignity in Nigeria our own nation.

Bro you see this never to do monikers.

Osagyfo98
juliusmalemma.

ojiofor and co.

just neglect whatever divisive intention they have. They are the people that we do see such comment from.

But do they really know that a single tree doesn't make a Forest??........I doubt they do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by History555: 10:48am On Jan 24, 2022
FactsvsFiction:

I used to be like you!

U are wrong. I am from anambra and don't have such views. Only fools pretending to be lgbos have such view. They are fake lgbos
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by heniford2: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2022
Seriously am trying to understand this Op oh Asin what's wrong with your thinking Op let me ask you first ?who started the civil war which igbo tribe betrayed the igbos undecided
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FactsvsFiction: 10:52am On Jan 24, 2022
I have stopped blaming Ikwerre people or Ika people for denying their Igbo heritage because if I'm to be in their shoe, I will probably do like them too!!

I'm not from Ebonyi State, but anytime I look at the vitriols they receive from others, particularly from Anambra, I feel bad. They're often made the butt of cruel jokes for no reason.

Yes, it may be true that old Abakiliki division are not as educated as other parts of Igboland which probably caused their proclivity towards menial work but this is not their fault per se. Their geographical location is quite remote which made it difficult for them to grasp opportunities like other Igbo clans.

Going forward, their fortunes are fast changing for the better. Their state has fast opened up in recent years and today, Abakiliki city and even the state generally have the best roads in SE. They're also the food basket of the region!

2 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Tellwhat: 10:53am On Jan 24, 2022
FactsvsFiction:

I used to be like you!

Sadly you're 100% right. Unfortunately it's the black man's curse. This same thing happens even among other tribes too.

Anyways what you said is nothing but the truth. A friend of mine from my state once said some nonsense about people from another Igbo state and generalized it; I had to caution him because that was an irritating statement. He sounded like a hardcore should I say racist/xenophobic or is it tribalist against once own tribe simply because they're from another state.

There's division all over south east and even within the states.

Our people like to pretend that such comments on nairaland are not from fellow Igbos but it's a big. Honestly I don't think much can be done about it.

I admire umahi for what he has done for his people. All he said was nothing but the truth

Make we wash our dirty cloth for public and shame ourselves maybe someday we go get sense

We Igbos think we're so wise yet Notting to show for it. Go average cities in Europe, Asia etc dey are better than all the south eastern states combined.

By now no railway, horrible roads and lack of so many social amenities yet you claim to be wise.

Sometimes you see us celebrating the wealthy among us with noting to show for it

Buy car if 250million yet ride it own bullshit road

I pity black men sha. I'm an Igbo man but I must say our so called wiseness is very overrated

Same goes for every black nation. No single black nation is truly thriving

8 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Conrod: 10:55am On Jan 24, 2022
@OP may amadioha reprimand your lying soul in whatever way that's appropriate.
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Danjikanbauchi: 10:57am On Jan 24, 2022
Useless Yoruba op, this method is outdated.
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by ThinkSmarter: 10:59am On Jan 24, 2022
I honestly love your objective submission.
Honestly, the remote location of Abakaliki and it's scattered settlement pattern made it inaccessible and unattractive to the colonial masters.
This contributed negatively towards our exposure to the western civilization.
But following the clamour for improved welfare for the region and her people.
The few elites clamoured for the creation of Ebonyi State.
Which was granted by the military government of Sani Abacha in 1996.
This triggered so many good fortunes for the people like higher access to education, health, wealth, infrastructure, etc.
Today, the narratives is getting better among our people.
The illiteracy rate is declining rapidly.
The infrastructure is growing slow but steady.
Thatched houses are phasing away and are being replaced by bungalows.
I'm an Abakaliki man, but honesty the pride, the ego and arrogance of an average Anambra man is second to non.
They ridicule the Abakaliki man at any slight chance.
My advice to those that are fond of that stereotype is: Try impacting the lives of the Abakaliki people in any little way you can if you think you are more civilised and privileged than they are.
Cause, that is exactly what the Whites did to the third world countries upon their discovery during their expedition.
They sacrificed their comfort, to make sure that we got civilised to the point where we are now and still doing it through World Bank, UNICEF, WHO, FAO, USAID, European Union, etc
The young shall grow, time shall tell.
On the accusations that Abakaliki hustlers in Anambra towns are behind the atrocities of IPOB.
So, all the keke riders in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi and Other Anambra towns are Abakaliki people? Nawa o.
He meant that those unknown gun men that drove in SUVs and had confrontation with Security personnels are the Abakaliki people.
Including Ikonso and his boys, the ones that were killed at Nnobi during the heat of Anambra election?
So, he meant Abakaliki people are the ones shutting down Onitsha, Nnewi and other Igbo towns on every Mondays?
Hate is a cancer.
You hate Yoruba, hate Fulani, hate Abakaliki.
This is one of the reasons that Umahi said that Ebonyi cannot be part of Biafra.
Egoistic, arrogant and tribal bigots full of acrimony, rancour and bitterness.

8 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Tellwhat: 11:01am On Jan 24, 2022
A lot of people will turn to tribalist they will be corrupted by social media
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by heniford2: 11:02am On Jan 24, 2022
What i still don't understand is why will Anambra's always trying to bilittle other States mostly Ebonyi people why?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FactsvsFiction: 11:02am On Jan 24, 2022
heniford2:
Seriously am trying to understand this Op oh Asin what's wrong with your thinking Op let me ask you first ?who started the civil war which igbo tribe betrayed the igbos undecided

Go and read about the army officers whose actions directly or indirectly led to the civil war. Where are they from?

Go and make research about those that betrayed the Biafran cause and sabotaged the war when situation got worse. Where did most of them come from? I'm not talking about the sabotage from non Igbos like Ijaws, but fellow Igbos from SE!

2 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Tellwhat: 11:03am On Jan 24, 2022
One thing I notice with majority of our race

We like living in denial

No wonder our race isn't doing well. Poverty full this continent despite abundance of natural resources
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by heniford2: 11:04am On Jan 24, 2022
FactsvsFiction:

Go and read about the army officers whose actions directly or indirectly led to the civil war. Where are they from?

Go and make research about those that betrayed the Biafran cause and sabotaged the war when situation got worse. Where did most of them come from? I'm not talking about the sabotage from non Igbos like Ijaws, but fellow Igbos from SE!
i asked you i expect you to educate me on it because so that i can understand your point please.
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by ThinkSmarter: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2022
FactsvsFiction:
I have stopped blaming Ikwerre people or Ika people for denying their Igbo heritage because if I'm to be in their shoe, I will probably do like them too!!

I'm not from Ebonyi State, but anytime I look at the vitriols they receive from others, particularly from Anambra, I feel bad. They're often made the butt of cruel jokes for no reason.

Yes, it may be true that old Abakiliki division are not as educated as other parts of Igboland which probably caused their proclivity towards menial work but this is not their fault per se. Their geographical location is quite remote which made it difficult for them to grasp opportunities like other Igbo clans.

Going forward, their fortunes are fast changing for the better. Their state has fast opened up in recent years and today, Abakiliki city and even the state generally have the best roads in SE. They're also the food basket of the region!
. May your days be long for being objective and truthful

6 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FactsvsFiction: 11:09am On Jan 24, 2022
Conrod:

It is you that amadioha will strike first. I have supported and defended the Igbo cause more than you will ever do. It is the pain I feel that made me to open this thread.

I'm not doing this for mischief purpose or anything but for we Igbos to actually do soul searching among ourselves.

Onye na amaghi ebe mmiri bidoro mawa ya, agaghi ama mgbe oga akwusi~~ Chinua Achebe.

Ana eji ehihie chuwa ewu ojii tupu chi ejie~~Igbo proverb.

Keeping quiet and pretending that these things are not happening will only worsen things for us.

8 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by heniford2: 11:15am On Jan 24, 2022
Tellwhat:
One thing I notice with majority of our race

We like living in denial

No wonder our race isn't doing well. Poverty full this continent despite abundance of natural resources
what denial are you guys talking about undecided
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 24, 2022
Imagine it is Yoruba writing this about igbo in Lagos undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Ojiofor: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2022
Sergio104:

Bro you see this never to do monikers.

Osagyfo98
juliusmalemma.

ojiofor and co.

just neglect whatever divisive intention they have. They are the people that we do see such comment from.

But do they really know that a single tree doesn't make a Forest??........I doubt they do

What concerns Ojiofor with Anambra people and their superiority complex?
I am from Abia state know this and have peace.

2 Likes

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Tellwhat: 11:41am On Jan 24, 2022
SlyDev:
Imagine it is Yoruba writing this about igbo in Lagos undecided
Lol..make everybody remove the wood in their eye before removing another person o

How.about yorubas writing about the treatment of ijebu ode people

Or about the rampant ritual killings and skull mining

The truth be say every tribe get serious problem

Infact all black countries problem no be here
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by FreeStuffsNG: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2022
Conrod:
Wow!! This is the first time I will read you use uncouth swear words. Please don't change to those folks here who can't have decent and intellectual exchange without using bad words sir.

1 Like

Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by IGBOSON1: 11:49am On Jan 24, 2022
heniford2:
i asked you i expect you to educate me on it because so that i can understand your point please.

Please ignore the fool! Their day hasn’t started unless they look for a way to try and divide Igbos!

I really don’t know what these peoples problem is!? Their entire existence on nairaland is aimed at lies, hate, negativity and envy towards Igbos’, but you never see them out in any effort or support the bid for a referendum towards secession!

It’s only on nairaland i hear of this ‘hate’ towards Ebonyi people!
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Awkabigboy: 11:59am On Jan 24, 2022
author=FactsvsFiction post=109646557]
Op where are you from , whats your state of origin since you're not from Ebonyi
Re: The Damage Anambra People Have Done To Igbo Cause by Awkabigboy: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
Tellwhat:

Sadly you're 100% right. Unfortunately it's the black man's curse. This same thing happens even among other tribes too.

Anyways what you said is nothing but the truth. A friend of mine from my state once said some nonsense about people from another Igbo state and generalized it; I had to caution him because that was an irritating statement. He sounded like a hardcore should I say racist/xenophobic or is it tribalist against once own tribe simply because they're from another state.

There's division all over south east and even within the states.

Our people like to pretend that such comments on nairaland are not from fellow Igbos but it's a big. Honestly I don't think much can be done about it.

I admire umahi for what he has done for his people. All he said was nothing but the truth

Make we wash our dirty cloth for public and shame ourselves maybe someday we go get sense

We Igbos think we're so wise yet Notting to show for it. Go average cities in Europe, Asia etc dey are better than all the south eastern states combined.

By now no railway, horrible roads and lack of so many social amenities yet you claim to be wise.

Sometimes you see us celebrating the wealthy among us with noting to show for it

Buy car if 250million yet ride it own bullshit road

I pity black men sha. I'm an Igbo man but I must say our so called wiseness is very overrated

Same goes for every black nation. No single black nation is truly thriving
Which state are you from in the south east

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update For Uju Anya Tweet / Northerner Chanting To Peter Obi At The Arewa Interactive Session 2023 In Kaduna / Between David Hundeyin And Adamu Garba On DW TV As They Defend Obi And Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.