Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,523 members, 7,911,294 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 09:01 AM

Ways To Overcome Low Self-esteem - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ways To Overcome Low Self-esteem (460 Views)

How Do I Rebuild My Damaged Self Esteem / I Look Older Than My Age And It Is Really Affecting My Self Esteem / Overcome Low Sperm Count (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Overcome Low Self-esteem by topkom: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2022
Everyone has self-esteem. While some persons have a low self-esteem, others have a high self-esteem which they carry with great pride.

Self-esteem has to do with how you feel about yourself. There are people who are easily affected by what others think and say about them. And this could make them develop a low self-esteem.

In this article, we shall take a look at some ways you can overcome a low self-esteem if you are stuck in that murky waters.

Avoid negative conversations

Accept yourself the way you are

We all desire to be better versions of ourselves. However, when we do not get what we always desire, we have to accept our fate that way. We don’t have to always get what we desire but our attitude and outlook to life is very important.

Our attitudes form our self-esteem. If you always feel bad about things that you do not get, you will get a low self-esteem. Hence, you have to accept the situations that way and move on to other things. Focus more on what you can control so that you do not feel bad every time.

Positive words have power over our lives and it is paramount that we harness them effectively. In a bid to avoid negative thoughts, you must fill your life with positive words.

You cannot live your life on empty thoughts. It has to be either positive or negative. Hence, you should fill your life with positive words to boost your self-esteem. Constantly tell yourself that you are beautiful inside out and capable of doing great works. Whenever you fail, pick yourself up and continue your race. Remember, your words are very powerful.

Set realistic goals

Most times, people feel down because they set goals that are unrealistic. It is good to aim high but it is also good to be true to yourself. When you pull your resources together, do you think you can achieve that goal that you set for yourself? Setting goals that are too high for you will make you feel depressed. Hence, set realistic goals for yourself.

Be open to criticism

As humans, we will often get to be criticized one way or the other. If the criticism is not at our workplace, it could be among family gatherings. Or from friends and close circles.

It can also be from comments on social media. So, to avoid having a low self-esteem, you must be open to criticism. Do not allow the words you hear get to you; but you have to learn to take corrections.

Have you ever experienced low self-esteem before? Kindly share with us.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/ways-to-overcome-low-self-esteem/

(1) (Reply)

4 Fruits Peels That Are Highly Medicinal; Eat Them Regularly / What Causes Skin Tags To Suddenly Appear / Embarrassing Stomach Noises That Sounds Like Farts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.