Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,197 members, 7,974,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:02 PM

Help! I Can't Talk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Can't Talk (328 Views)

I Can't Smell Or Taste Anything, Please Help / I Can't Sleep For More Than 3 Hours At Night And I'm Losing Weight / Help I Can't Have Erection Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Can't Talk by Quest05: 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please help I can't take it anymore. I will try to summerize it. I have an issue that has been bothering me for a long time and I couldn't get any solution for it. The problem I have is that I find it difficult to talk (as in socializing with people) I can't bring up a conversation I find it difficult to keep up. You might conclude that is introversion but mine is beyond that although I exhibit full introvert character. My problem is that for instance if I met with a person whether known or not after usual greeting I can't bring or maintain a conversation to the extent that if I'm within a group silent always take over. I've lost friends due to this nature because I can't keep up with communication. It wasn't really like that because even though I was kinda reserved I find it easy to socialize but now its worst and no improvement at all. I need to find cure for this because it will be hard for me to achieve success without socializing with others.

Note: I'm from a family of five. 3 boys 2 girls im the 4th born. My dad and mom didn't had the best relationship. They always quarrel living like cat and rat but no physical violence. I was a bit stubborn while growing up so I always had issues with mom. Dad wasn't really around becos of his work. I didn't have much of a relationship with my siblings. I started doing drugs at early stage (2009) but when I was caught by my parents. (2017) I reduce the intake of drugs. I only take weed and alcohol now.

Please I need help on this

Lalasticala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Talk by Mrsoft3(m): 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
Quest05:
Please help I can't take it anymore. I will try to summerize it. I have an issue that has been bothering me for a long time and I couldn't get any solution for it. The problem I have is that I find it difficult to talk (as in socializing with people) I can't bring up a conversation I find it difficult to keep up. You might conclude that is introversion but mine is beyond that although I exhibit full introvert character. My problem is that for instance if I met with a person whether known or not after usual greeting I can't bring or maintain a conversation to the extent that if I'm within a group silent always take over. I've lost friends due to this nature because I can't keep up with communication. It wasn't really like that because even though I was kinda reserved I find it easy to socialize but now its worst and no improvement at all. I need to find cure for this because it will be hard for me to achieve success without socializing with others.

Note: I'm from a family of five. 3 boys 2 girls im the 4th born. My dad and mom didn't had the best relationship. They always quarrel living like cat and rat but no physical violence. I was a bit stubborn while growing up so I always had issues with mom. Dad wasn't really around becos of his work. I didn't have much of a relationship with my siblings. I started doing drugs at early stage (2009) but when I was caught by my parents. (2017) I reduce the intake of drugs. I only take weed and alcohol now.

Please I need help on this

Lalasticala
Mynd44

How is your life on social media?

What do you listen to?

How often do you go out on your own?

You have to start mingling, try going to viewing centers and see how conversation can start, go to field they playback around, stop listening to those songs that suggest you stay alone(most you people smoking weed listen to raggae).
Watch videos of Brian Tracy, read this book How to win friends.

Send me a dm we can become friends and talk more.
Re: Help! I Can't Talk by TheStakeHolder(m): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
THERE'S ATHREAD ABOUT INTROVERTS. SEARCH FOR IT. YOU'LL GET HELP THERE.
lipsrsealed
Re: Help! I Can't Talk by MITCHELL96: 9:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
You can over come this, Just try and make friends on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any of the socials platforms, try and get intimate with the person through your chatting, it will improve your confidence, because that's what you lack, then try and meet the person in person, start with guys first, from there you'll gradually lose that introvert lifestyle because it's dangerous, once you start seeing how Peaceful being alone is you wouldn't wanna deal with anybody again, that's why you have to get rid of it as soon as possible using this method. These are the things you lose when you're an introvert. And stop doing drugs, it will make things worst, you'll start acting like a maniac, You'll want to devour anybody that makes you angry because you lack communication skills, not knowing that some issues can be solved by just communication rather that violence.

(1) (Reply)

Best Birth Control For You / Remedies For HIV Cure / Best Bread To Eat For High Cholesterol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.