Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (1021) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1265900 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Halleend101: 8:19am On Aug 03, 2022
Halleend101:
Good evening house
The middle name on my marriage certificate is abbreviated as against the way it's written on my passport and newspaper change of name.
Please should I be worried? will it be an issue?
Please gurus in the house make una help me.
Can I change it in the court? Or I should leave it.?

Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:23am On Aug 03, 2022
Hello

Leave it as it is

No concerns

Cheers
Halleend101:

Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Halleend101: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Leave it as it is

No concerns

Cheers

Thank you so much ma,I really appreciate,God bless you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by offwego: 9:01am On Aug 03, 2022
Please see responses below

Please is it possible to use Form A to pay for UK Uni tuition? if yes does anyone know the exchange rate?

Yes Form A can be used to pay for tuition fees as have being reiterated widely through the thread. The rate varies. Importantly, the rate is lower than the black market rate.

Also if I pay full tuition for 1 year Msc, how much do I need to show for POF and what happens if God forbid I don't get the visa? the school will refund me abi? school in question is university of greenwich..

POF is made up of 2 key elements. Tuition Fees and Maintenance. If you pay your tuition fees in full, you will need to show evidence that you have your full maintenance requirement. I believe you had mentioned an interest in HR, Psychology and sports in your initial enquiry about the University of Greenwich. The HR and Psychology Masters programmes are offered at the Greenwich campus in London. If you are offered admission for any of these programmes, you would need to show maintenance POF of 12,006GBP.

Generally, students are refunded the tuition deposit paid when they are unsuccessful at the Visa application. However, institutions also reserve the right to withhold refunds when the Visa refusals are based on Fraud.

Also when showing POF for CAS do I need to explain large recent deposits? also for UK embassy is it 3 months statement of account or 1 month? I'm asking cos I will transfer a large deposit from my savings here to my Nigeria account which I plan to use for the visa application

POF should cover a consecutive 28 day period not older than 31 days before you submit your visa application and not 3 months. This is the key requirement that should be considered when planning the financing requirement for your visa application.

thelonehermit:
Please is it possible to use Form A to pay for UK Uni tuition? if yes does anyone know the exchange rate?

Also if I pay full tuition for 1 year Msc, how much do I need to show for POF and what happens if God forbid I don't get the visa? the school will refund me abi? school in question is university of greenwich..

Also when showing POF for CAS do I need to explain large recent deposits? also for UK embassy is it 3 months statement of account or 1 month? I'm asking cos I will transfer a large deposit from my savings here to my Nigeria account which I plan to use for the visa application

Will really appreciate an answer

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jona48(m): 9:05am On Aug 03, 2022
Mattmich:
No time is early. As for me, I hate deadlines. Do it now.

A friend was advising against it, but I will be adamant in this case
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Dollylap: 9:07am On Aug 03, 2022
Help! Help! Help!
Good people of dis platform, pls help me on wat to do as dis is already given sleepless night.
I did my biometrics on 22nd of June while my dependant did on 24th of June. Dependant got collection mail on on 14th of July and visa was issue.
But me the MA have not gotten collection mail, iv sent paid mail twice and the issue has bn escalated since 27th of July. Till now nothing ó, I keep checking the tracking, still at DMC.
Pls should I do again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by BStrands(f): 9:11am On Aug 03, 2022
Hello guys, is it possible to go for walk in at Abuja tls before my appointment date?

The dates that were available are too far
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by thelonehermit: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2022
Mattmich:
1. Form A is used to pay for Tuition but starting on time is an additional benefit
2. POF depends on the outstanding amount of tuition fee plus the living expenses. Please make sure you don't have exact amount, it's better to have surplus.

3. For lump sum, I have seen advices from advanced persons here stating " print from a day after the lump sum. (ie if you deposited the huge amount on 16th August, then print from 17th August).
Your POF should be 28 to 30 days old on the day of you VISA applications.

I stand to be corrected. I am just a student here

offwego:

@Mattmich @offwego thank you so much for taking out precious time to reply me, I really appreciate it a lot. You all are so kind and I already feel a sense of community here in this thread. Thanks so much.

Another thing,

I want to clarify if after showing POF (28 days maturity) to get CAS from Uni,

When I go to embassy for visa, do I also need 3 months statement of account? I know people usually need to explain large deposits, is it necessary if for example you have large sum in your closing statement that has been there for more than 1 month for example? Do I need to explain it's from savings from like 4 years of living abroad in a different country.

Also do any of you know anything about Uni of Greenwich, would you recommend it to someone you know or you have better Unis that are affordable (Masters in International Business, Entrepreneurship or HR) January 2023 intake.

I dey search already but all schools I've seen. so far are way above my budget my budget is anything less than 20k pounds. UCL, and King's College are way above my budget

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SireSommy69(m): 9:39am On Aug 03, 2022
Please, point me to the top of the thread.
Jona48:

The answers to your questions and many more are in this thread if you read through from page one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hannahBambo: 9:55am On Aug 03, 2022
no walk in for applicants in abuja at the moment, just keep refreshing the page, and hope to get a closer date.
BStrands:
Hello guys, is it possible to go for walk in at Abuja tls before my appointment date?

The dates that were available are too far
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hannahBambo: 10:08am On Aug 03, 2022
congratulations

Edwosa:
So, its this little me that God has now so decorated!
Graceful VISA ALERT
Family of 4
Manchester Metropolitan University here we come

Notable Timelines:
Jan, 2022>>>>>>Applied to 16 UK universities (got 11 offers, 2 schools never responded till this day)
25 Feb>>>>>>1st Unconditional Offer
25 Mar>>>>>> 2nd Unconditional Offer (updated)
29 May>>>>>> CAS Issued
22 Jun>>>>>> Visa Application
4 Jul>>>>>> Biometrics (VI TLS)
15 Jul>>>>>> Visa granted (decision made)
27 Jul>>>>>> MA visa received
29 Jul>>>>>> 2 Dependants visa received
1 Aug>>>>>> Last dependant visa received

NO NSF & NO agent used (na only me & Jehovah run am)

SideNotes: ��POF taken off 5-days after bios. ��Neither my employer nor my bank was contacted. ��14yrs study gap �� past refusals declared - 2US visit, 1US study & 1UK visit.

Appreciation: Jeremiah 32:27. "What you cannot fix, what you cannot do, what you cannot solve____"
Thanks to God for being God-alone all thru this journey... Big ups to @EfosaKelly for being more than a friend. Joining this platform and then, the awaiting visa group on Telegram was a blessing, the posts shared here are so expository.

Little advise: You can do it urself, just believe in the God who you serve and read as much as u can on this platform & in your school Telegram group... . Everyone will get theirs in Jesus' precious name.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by offwego: 10:15am On Aug 03, 2022
Probably the Institution has assessed your NECO English language grade not to be at the right level for their Masters programme. To be sure, send them an email highlighting your NECO English grade and request that they confirm if this covers for the pre-sessional English requirement. I believe their response will inform your next steps.

nofij
post=115330105:

I applied for MSc Data Science and actually use NECO. While applying, I was asked to choose the pre-sessional English test if I didn’t have IELTS.

Little did I know that the pre-sessional English test will cost over £2k cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mimilyrics: 10:18am On Aug 03, 2022
Greenwich is okay but studying in the UK is what you make of it except you're in the likes of Oxford, Cambridge and the likes where a combination of your study efforts, course and the school name will be an advantage. From what I remember, there are no red flags.
thelonehermit:

Please what do you think about University of Greenwich? Tuition fee is affordable. Please is it a reputable school, I saw rankings but it's not among the top.

Please anyone that knows this school could you please tell me about this Uni

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Opeyemikas: 10:19am On Aug 03, 2022
@justwise @duchess
Good morning please my question is that my husband is applying to a school in Uk for masters and I’ll be going with him as his dependant,and he intends to use his father’s bank statement for the 28days account statement required for cas and visa application,please I want to be sure if there won’t be an issue with that. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mattmich(m): 10:25am On Aug 03, 2022
The problem is that you cannot enter UK until one month to your course start date. Processing your application on time remains advantageous. It depends on what you want. I am going for January intake, I have paid my tuition waiting for CAS. If CAS is ready I will wait for September steady flow. By October, I will start my journey. I know I can't enter UK until the stated date which the cas will bear which I know is around 9th December.
It's just your decision though.
Jona48:

A friend was advising against it, but I will be adamant in this case

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by micol10(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2022
Good morning. I just received my atas certificate, but my surname appeared twice. Olaoye Micheal Ademola Olaoye. Will this be a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by thelonehermit: 10:26am On Aug 03, 2022
Please can someone tell me if when applying for visa at the embassy, I need 3 months statement of 28 days like POF for CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by CowbellY: 10:31am On Aug 03, 2022
thelonehermit:

@Mattmich @offwego thank you so much for taking out precious time to reply me, I really appreciate it a lot. You all are so kind and I already feel a sense of community here in this thread. Thanks so much.

Another thing,

When I go to embassy for visa, do I also need 3 months statement of account? I know people usually need to explain large deposits, is it necessary if for example you have large sum in your closing statement that has been there for more than 1 month for example? Do I need to explain it's from savings from like 4 years of living abroad in a different country.

Also do any of you know anything about Uni of Greenwich, would you recommend it to someone you know or you have better Unis that are affordable (Masters in International Business, Entrepreneurship or HR) January 2023 intake.

I dey search already but all schools I've seen. so far are way above my budget my budget is anything less than 20k pounds. UCL, and King's College are way above my budget

You only need a month bank statement not 3 for POF.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Promoter2: 10:34am On Aug 03, 2022
thelonehermit:
Please can someone tell me if when applying for visa at the embassy, I need 3 months statement of 28 days like POF for CAS?

It's 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Opeyemikas: 10:36am On Aug 03, 2022
Opeyemikas:
@justwise @duchess
Good morning please my question is that my husband is applying to a school in Uk for masters and I’ll be going with him as his dependant,and he intends to use his father’s bank statement for the 28days account statement required for cas and visa application,please I want to be sure if there won’t be an issue with that. Thanks

Please I’ll really appreciate response from anyone that has an idea about this ⬆️⬆️⬆️ Thank you all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mattmich(m): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2022
Well, if the CAS is ready before the 30 days of POF elapse, then you can use the same POF but if otherwise print a new POF of 28 or 29 days. Printing the POF then would eliminate the lump sum from displaying. If you are required to explain your source of income, be prepared because no one can make decision for ECO here. ECO has the right to request for anything. But if you have been working, you will have to attach you payroll if needs arise. But don't fake things o. If you fake stuffs, 10 years ban follows suit. But not all schools require POF for CAS.

As for cheap schools. There are many schools in UK with tuition below 20k.
Nottingham Trent University
Northumbria
Chester University
Teesside University
Glasgow etc
thelonehermit:

Another thing,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mimilyrics: 10:45am On Aug 03, 2022
If you have them and they don't negate the information on your application, yes.
Davudu:
Pls clarify, do I have to attach bank statements to the payslips even if they're from different employers spanning a decade (in addition to POF)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mattmich(m): 10:50am On Aug 03, 2022
For UK, the POF is 28 days
thelonehermit:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jamykay: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2022
Does abuja and Lagos TLS have walk in option.
Am filling my application but my only hope to meet up with school resumption is walk in.
Please I need urgent response.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by micol10(m): 11:02am On Aug 03, 2022
micol10:
Good morning. I just received my atas certificate, but my surname appeared twice. Olaoye Micheal Ademola Olaoye. Will this be a problem?

Please I need an urgent response ��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by yBNL1(m): 11:06am On Aug 03, 2022
Abeg how do i fill this add qualifications field for coventry university?

Bachelor's degree or waec isn't showing.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ignis: 11:09am On Aug 03, 2022
Opeyemikas:
@justwise @duchess

He should tell his dad to Transfer the required sum to his account so he can use his own bank account statement.

It doesn't all go well in a situation where MA (Adult) who is having a dependant is being sponsored.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by LH44: 11:14am On Aug 03, 2022
I think it depends on the school. Mine did not request for anything other than my deposit.

Skynet2021:
Is POF required for CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by nwacy250(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2022
Santa2:
Any body coming to Leeds in need of a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment. One would be available pretty soon. Rent is £795.

I'm interested in this. Pls share ur details
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by nofij(m): 11:24am On Aug 03, 2022
Sheggy13:

I think taking IELTS is cheaper than that pre-sessional English course. Another approach is you get a letter of English Proficiency from the Registrar of the University you had your first degree and upload in place of English test. I know someone who did this and cost him just 2k, and it was accepted by Gloucestershire.

Ah this will be really helpful. I can easily get the English proficiency letter from my school. I'll just wait for the Gloucestershire's response to my email. Thank you very much!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by nofij(m): 11:25am On Aug 03, 2022
offwego:
Probably the Institution has assessed your NECO English language grade not to be at the right level for their Masters programme. To be sure, send them an email highlighting your NECO English grade and request that they confirm if this covers for the pre-sessional English requirement. I believe their response will inform your next steps.

Thank you very much. I had a C4 in English though, but I'll wait for the response to my email then follow up from there. Thank you very much!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by offwego: 11:30am On Aug 03, 2022
Most of the questions you have asked have already been covered by the responses provided so i will just provide additional information where relevant.
thelonehermit:

The guidance has already been provided on what the tuition fees and maintenance requirements are for you as a [b]solo applicant ( i.e 28 and 30 day requirement) which should guide your planning and you do not need a 3 months bank statement as already mentioned. [/b]

Technically, explanations are not required for the origin of POF. However, if you submit a bank statement which covers your financing requirement in full and a[b] ridiculously large balance then you attract questions on your personal circumstance as a recently graduated student. You may at this point need to proactively focus the ECO by acknowledging this situation and providing explanations as to the origin of funds so your application may not be viewed in a certain type of way
[/b]

[b]There are many reasons why students would choose a particular University. Ranking, fees, Location, proximity to family etc. What's important to you?

University of Greenwich has a diverse student population which includes a healthy number of Nigerian students so there is that sense of community. For students, who would like to do the MBA programme straight off their Undergrad studies(with no work experience) the University provides that flexibility which is appealing especially to Nigerian students. The student union president some years back was also of Nigerian origin.

The Greenwich campus is very picturesque and touristy . If you are a movie buff, the University is also a famous film location. Scenes from movies like, Tomb radar, Skyfall, the Kings speech, Dark Knight rises were filmed there. So as a student, you can jejely be walking and stumble on a movie set. there also used to be an Ice Rink at the Greenwich Campus during christmas so people come in to skate pre-covid.

The two programme areas you mentioned in your earlier email are open for January applications.[/b]

[quote author=thelonehermit post=115336598]

Another thing,

(1) (2) (3) ... (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) ... (1048)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: dav1002(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.