Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,543 members, 7,932,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 11:52 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1306077 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Evergeen22: 10:13am On May 27, 2022
please how long does Polaris bank take for Form A? i'm asking for a friend please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by fatee2000(f): 10:14am On May 27, 2022
madamGift:
*Visa Alert*
It’s been a long and bumpy journey but God has been good to me.
Applied for a visiting visa and got denied in October 2021 for lack of evidence of sources of funds and travel history.
Started the student visa process immediately with hopes of japa-ing in January.
I’m a third class holder and didn’t want premasters because of the funds involved so I started applying to different schools, Coventry was the first to give me admission but the fees was just too high. Oxford Brooke’s followed with Birmingham city uni and I chose Oxford Brooke’s because it was direct masters for management in health and social care with 13,900 tuition fees. Paid the tuition deposit and then they refused me cas because I declared my previous visa refusal to their Isat, they said they were afraid I will get another refusal. I was so devastated cos at the them they did this, I had already missed Coventry’s deadline(Dec 18th). I already had my tb test result and had to start all over applying to schools and looking for Jan start. I eventually got University of west London and sunderland the same time. Sunderland also refused me cas because of my previous visa refusal. I had to go UWL even with the 10k deposit required. Did their precas interview and passed but they too denied me cas because of my previous visa refusal! At this point I didn’t know what to do again, time was going, pof was ready and only cas remained. I now sent them a very lengthy mail explaining myself and situation that moved them and they offered me a deferment instead to June as I wasn’t going to be able to make January start when they responded. They gave me a new offer and issued my cas on the 9th of April.
Biometrics was on the 11th of April
1st paid mail 11th of may, no decision made
Got slammed with NSF mail requesting nothing on the 13th of May
Second paid mail 17th of May no decision
Third paid mail 24th of may, decision made
Application transferred to VAC on the 26th of May
Collection mail same 26th
Picked up today
Tls-VI
Documents submitted: cas, pof, waec certificate, passport data page and bsc certificate(self service).
5years study gap.
Wishing all those awaiting Goodnews soonest IJN

Congratulations!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mobil567: 10:20am On May 27, 2022
Hello,

If you have used unitybank to process your form A lately please share your experience.
Someone is recommending it but I want to get other opinions before trying them out.
UBA was recommend and that one is now a waste of time. Same as AccessBank.

So please if you have recommendations on unitybank within that past 2 weeks please share with the forum. Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 10:33am On May 27, 2022
femredhead:

Thank you.

How can one use it for IHS and visa fee payment on UKVI website?
Is it a code to input for the payment or how can it be linked for the payment?

It’s just like the normal atm card but this is virtual. You pay for it just like how you pay for stuffs online.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 10:35am On May 27, 2022
Elsanchez:

Big Congratulations

So they didn't ask for documents to cover the study gap?

You only need to submit work documents or employment letter if your study gap is above 5years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Fibonacci2021: 10:36am On May 27, 2022
Congratulations @madamGift
Your resilience is inspiring.
Thanks for sharing!

madamGift:
*Visa Alert*
Applied for a visiting visa and got denied in October 2021 for lack of evidence of sources of funds and travel history.
I’m a third class holder and didn’t want premasters because of the funds involved so I started applying to different schools, Coventry was the first to give me admission but the fees was just too high. Oxford Brooke’s followed with Birmingham city uni and I chose Oxford Brooke’s because it was direct masters for management in health and social care with 13,900 tuition fees. Paid the tuition deposit and then they refused me cas because I declared my previous visa refusal to their Isat, they said they were afraid I will get another refusal. I was so devastated cos at the them they did this, I had already missed Coventry’s deadline(Dec 18th). I already had my tb test result and had to start all over applying to schools and looking for Jan start. I eventually got University of west London and sunderland the same time. Sunderland also refused me cas because of my previous visa refusal. I had to go UWL even with the 10k deposit required. Did their precas interview and passed but they too denied me cas because of my previous visa refusal! At this point I didn’t know what to do again, time was going, pof was ready and only cas remained. I now sent them a very lengthy mail explaining myself and situation that moved them and they offered me a deferment instead to June as I wasn’t going to be able to make January start when they responded. They gave me a new offer and issued my cas on the 9th of April.
Picked up today
Tls-VI
Documents submitted: cas, pof, waec certificate, passport data page and bsc certificate(self service).
5years study gap.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by jamesy212(m): 10:43am On May 27, 2022
monfizzy:

There are jobs opportunity everywhere in the U.K. for sure but more in London. It’s like comparing jobs opportunity in Lagos to other parts of Nigeria.

Tier 2 visa sponsorship are usually sponsored by big companies such as the NHS and you’ll find more NHS Trust or jobs in London than anywhere else in Britain due to the population size of the capital. I work with the NHS and I’ll say in the past year, I’ve come across several Nigerians working with the NHS who recently switched from tier 4 to tier 2 visas.

Definitely one can get a tier 2 sponsorship anywhere in the U.K. but population factor can increase one’s chances.
Is it better to live in a big city, get a job with a considerable high pay and spend more on living expenses and accommodation or live in a smaller city, with not so good pay but with cheaper accommodation and living expenses?
I feel at the end of the day, they're same and for someone who wants to really establish in UK, get affordable mortgage and stuff, the latter is a better option but I may be wrong as I'm currently in Lagos lol

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sniperaz: 10:46am On May 27, 2022
There are different kinds on loans. There's student loan which to be best of my knowledge you must be a citizen or settled to access. There are bank consumer loans (depending on your credit score and your bank) anyone can access it as long as you have a bank account, there are credit cards and overdraft limits (again accessible by just anybody depending on bank and CS).
So can you confirm that your friend who's on tier 4 visa got a student loan?

yoged:
my friend got a loan bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Madeforher(f): 10:54am On May 27, 2022
madamGift:
*Visa Alert*
Picked up today
Tls-VI
5years study gap.

Wow what a journey...Congratulations at last may the land favor you

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Fibonacci2021: 10:58am On May 27, 2022
University of Glassgow [2k deposit] [8 installments]
Sheffied Hallam University [1k deposit] [ 3 installments]
University of Essex [2k deposit[ [3 installments]

Ibodlauren01:
Hello everyone.
Please I really need help from everyone here about studying in UK.
I need a help on any institution within England that accept a deposit fee of 1000 and at most 2000 and also have means of spreading the rest of the payment to atleast 6 times.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Fibonacci2021: 11:02am On May 27, 2022
Yes offer letter would suffice.
Upload other documents like your passport, BSc certificate e.t.c

Happyfellow147:
@homesinabuja
@justwise

Please help.

University of Lincoln didn't send any invoice.
Would the offer letter suffice for it for my form A application?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Susky(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2022
Wow! Wow! Wow....am so happy for you.
Did you submit transcript, employment letter or reference?

madamGift:
*Visa Alert*
Picked up today
Tls-VI
5years study gap.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sniperaz: 11:07am On May 27, 2022
LOL. Full disclosure.
jamesy212:

Is it better to live in a big city, get a job with a considerable high pay and spend more on living expenses and accommodation or live in a smaller city, with not so good pay but with cheaper accommodation and living expenses?
I feel at the end of the day, they're same and for someone who wants to really establish in UK, get affordable mortgage and stuff, the latter is a better option but I may be wrong as I'm currently in Lagos lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Famousacot: 11:07am On May 27, 2022
madamGift:
*Visa Alert*
Picked up today
Tls-VI
5years study gap.

Congratulations madam, didn't you submit TB certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by madamGift(f): 11:16am On May 27, 2022
Lol, thanks again.
Between 100 and 250 pounds.

NaughtyBrainiac:
So Happy for you. Congrats once again.

How many percent of your deposit were the administrative charges?

Make that your bobo hold you tight o cos if he's not careful, I will overtake him. Lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by madamGift(f): 11:17am On May 27, 2022
I did, sorry, forgot to add that.
Thank you

Famousacot:

Congratulations madam, didn't you submit TB certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by madamGift(f): 11:18am On May 27, 2022
Thank you.
No, didn’t submit any of those.
The school’s rep advised I made the application as simple as possible. So I only used the documents the school asked me to use.

Susky:
Wow! Wow! Wow....am so happy for you.
Did you submit transcript, employment letter or reference?

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 11:23am On May 27, 2022
I was denied Uk in 2010 I hope this won’t affect my CAS too oh
They stated that I didn’t involve enough document from my school to show that I was returning back. I was in school then.

madamGift:
Thank you o
Yes, I got a refund but they all took out a fee for administration and it was painful, took time as well.
The whole process was draining to be honest but I thank God it ended in praise.
My bobo Dey uk Dey wait me oo�

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Zhola234: 11:25am On May 27, 2022
Congratulations madam,Please can you inbox me your contact?need to ask a confidential question please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by madamGift(f): 11:25am On May 27, 2022
I really can’t say, I guess it depends on the school but you can always appeal. You can pm me, I can send you my appeal mail to the school.

Gift7428:
I was denied Uk in 2010 I hope this won’t affect my CAS too oh
They stated that I didn’t involve enough document from my school to show that I was returning back. I was in school then.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 11:35am On May 27, 2022
Hello,

Are you on a student or skilled worker visa?

How long have you lived in London and where did you get your statistics to quote the bolded?

monfizzy:
As a Londoner, I’ve seen a lot of people avoiding London saying its cost of living is very high. This is true but you’re also going to get more job opportunities in London including a possible switch to tier 2 visa than other parts of the U.K.. So my advise is if you can afford any uni in London then go for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by NaughtyBrainiac: 11:41am On May 27, 2022
monfizzy:

There are jobs opportunity everywhere in the U.K. for sure but more in London. It’s like comparing jobs opportunity in Lagos to other parts of Nigeria.

Tier 2 visa sponsorship are usually sponsored by big companies such as the NHS and you’ll find more NHS Trust or jobs in London than anywhere else in Britain due to the population size of the capital. I work with the NHS and I’ll say in the past year, I’ve come across several Nigerians working with the NHS who recently switched from tier 4 to tier 2 visas.

Definitely one can get a tier 2 sponsorship anywhere in the U.K. but population factor can increase one’s chances.
Thank you for the feedback.

1. I do not think that the difference between job availability in London and other cities of the UK is as much as the difference we have between Lagos and other parts of Nigeria.

2. From what we have heard so far, cost of living in London is too high for people that don't have money. In fact, not reasonable for the first year.

The question is, will a student in London make so much more than a student outside London that the difference in their pay would be enough to cater for the difference in cost of living?

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 11:44am On May 27, 2022
Hello,

Again I disagree at the bolded,

It doesn't have to be a big company, as long as they have the license to sponsor or are willing to get one for that role or position.

Here's the link for people who are interested in keeping an eye on those companies

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers

Cheers

monfizzy:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 11:48am On May 27, 2022
fatee2000:

Hi,
Is it possible to pay for tuition deposit with the virtual card? Especially as the delays with Form A

It’s depends on how much your deposit is cause the daily limit on the card is 3k daily.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Beatson: 11:48am On May 27, 2022
Hello,
Please does she have a science background? I tried applying for the one in Glasgow Caledonia university that is open to all background. Unfortunately the next intake is 2024.

EngrCGD:
Hello house, good morning.

Please assist us with below request;

My wife recently got a conditional offer from the University of Bedfordshire to study Msc Adult Nursing.
Now she is required to write a portfolio for entry evidencing a minimum of 600hrs of direct health care experience.
Please we need help or template on how to write the portfolio. Someone should please assist us.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by femredhead: 11:52am On May 27, 2022
Gloriyah:

It’s just like the normal atm card but this is virtual. You pay for it just like how you pay for stuffs online.

Okay.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Jomdavid: 11:55am On May 27, 2022
My spouse used Unity bank, quite fast but the rate is high. The acct was opened last week at their head office in VI last Friday(20th May) and it was debited yesterday at 573.68. Awaiting telex now.
Mobil567:
Hello,

If you have used unitybank to process your form A lately please share your experience.
Someone is recommending it but I want to get other opinions before trying them out.
UBA was recommend and that one is now a waste of time. Same as AccessBank.

So please if you have recommendations on unitybank within that past 2 weeks please share with the forum. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 11:55am On May 27, 2022
chkb:
Please who could be of help, i mistakenly put Miss instead of Mrs , now her offer is out, i have actually paid for her deposit, waiting for her CAS, how can i change it from Miss to Mrs so that it doesn't affect us when applying for visa.

Just inform the school to make the correction. Do this before the CAS is issued.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by chkb: 11:57am On May 27, 2022
Davidandgo:

Just inform the school to make the correction. Do this before the CAS is issued.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ace0074: 11:59am On May 27, 2022
Jomdavid:
My spouse used Unity bank, quite fast but the rate is high. The acct was opened last week at their head office in VI last Friday(20th May) and it was debited yesterday at 573.68. Awaiting telex now.

573 keh...that one too much o but its fast sha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by prinzeindygo: 11:59am On May 27, 2022
Pls help a friend oo...
My wife studied HND accounting. And i want her to put in for Adult nursing or health and social care. Kindly advice on which university is her best option.

Beatson:
Hello,
Please does she have a science background? I tried applying for the one in Glasgow Caledonia university that is open to all background. Unfortunately the next intake is 2024.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by thebossagain: 12:00pm On May 27, 2022
Bibilucky1:

Asides the tuition fee, what are the other charges??
I paid with Zenith bank
Cbm form A 5k another 3k from zenith , #2650 for telex.

(1) (2) (3) ... (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) ... (1048)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.