Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1265771 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bikerchiek3: 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2022
Davidandgo:

From my personal experience with Stanchart and GTB, the pounds account doesn’t make sense. I deposited ££ into my GBP Stanchart account. The bank converted the pounds in my account to Naira and my GBP transactions were debited at black market rate. I lost so much money. Needless to say I shut down the account.

GTB on the other hand does not issue a GBP card for your GBP account, you are expected to conduct your transactions using your USD card which also means you lose money because you are at the mercy of exchange rate between GBP and USD . So I decided to stick to my GTB USD account as my transactions are debited in USD and I’m able to pay for services on most international websites including the UKVI and IHS.

Other people can share their experience to enable you make an informed decision.

Thanks so much

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tejurae: 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
farnet:
You can't change your course after visa.
You can do it now, before CAS or even after CAS. It's not much of a big deal. Just send a mail to the school admissions. You can only be asked to send a new SOP. Within few days, you will have an amended offer letter

You can actually change your course after the visa. In fact my friends lecturer at her University told her to change her course but AFTER she gets her visa and has arrived. Your visa isn't affected by your course. Its affected by whether or not you're actually going to study and International students change courses all the time. The problem is if you're transferring to a different department and if the class you want to transfer to has already been filled. You just have to talk to the admissions department and the other lecturer has to also agree.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Khendakillz01: 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2022
C505:
Good evening
Please what's the cheapest flight to go with to uk?

Try Kenya airways
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by lizzyflex: 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2022
Please help.....

Have been trying to book biometrics appointment for ikeja Tls since Monday,no available date,

Kindly suggest any other options please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tejurae: 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hairybelly01:
Dear friends.

Please I need your advice. I have an offer for a digital marketing course in Salford university(Manchester), RGU (Scotland) and Edinburgh Napier(Scotland).

Which would you recommend I go for please?

Please note that Edinburgh Napier has a 4months break but they are demanding payment of full tuition at matriculation which is tough for me now and is also £4,000 pounds higher in tuition fee than Salford and RGU.

I would definitely choose Salford. 1) The Uni is cheaper. 2) Being in Manchester gives you opportunity to work and also I think your campus might be in Media City which as far as I'm concerened is an amazing place for post study work opportunities. My campus is at Peel Park which is great for me and my son who I've already enrolled at their daycare 3) Manchester is a cheaper place to live.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tejurae: 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2022
C505:
Good evening
Please what's the cheapest flight to go with to uk?

It really depends. Direct or connecting flights. For connecting flights the last time I checked I could see prices for 300k. Direct using BA was 1m now it's like 1.5. I calculated this for me, myself and my son.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sunshyne007: 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2022
tejurae:

It really depends. Direct or connecting flights. For connecting flights the last time I checked I could see prices for 300k. Direct using BA was 1m now it's like 1.5. I calculated this for me, myself and my son.

Now that stopovers in certain countries require transit visas, connecting flights might be off the table. Especially since most people are in a rush to get to uni and don’t have time to apply and wait for the transit visa.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Apmix(m): 11:37pm On Jul 21, 2022
Please my bro and his wife are applying for their visa together. the main applicant is my bro and he has submitted his application. But for the wife, the IHS form requires a 'visa expiry date' which he doesn't have yet.
for this purpose what should we use? the course end date?

Looking forward to your answers.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 11:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
Apmix:
Please my bro and his wife are applying for their visa together. the main applicant is my bro and he has submitted his application. But for the wife, the IHS form requires a 'visa expiry date' which he doesn't have yet.
for this purpose what should we use? the course end date?

Looking forward to your answers.

cheers

Yes! It’s the course end date. Check what’s written on the CAS document

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sweetkid: 11:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hello house,

Please I want to know the cheapest universities in the UK. Can someone kindly suggest some to me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by alongetayo: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
bastardson:
Please, how much does Plymouth require as deposit before issuance of CAS? Also, do they require POF?

Please guyz can you kindly suggest schools i can apply to? I have already applied to Sheffield Hallam though, for January intake. Thinking of 4-6 more to apply to.

University of Bolton
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Apmix(m): 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2022
Davidandgo:

Yes! It’s the course end date. Check what’s written on the CAS document

Thank You
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kalakris: 11:57pm On Jul 21, 2022
If someone is going to UK using an airline like Turkish airways, does the person require transit visa for a 1hr layover. If he does require one, how can it be obtained?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by femiesomuch: 12:02am On Jul 22, 2022
Good day all, please I’m currently filling my visa application, just to be sure. Will i pay the IHS fee before I can upload my supporting documents. Thank you all

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by GodIsAble85(m): 12:07am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello house...Please I want to ask how long it takes University of bradford to schedule credibility interview, after submission of all necessary documents, proof of fund is ready since on 16th July and deposit has been paid since on Monday, please I am asking on behalf of my wife the main applicant... @Justwise @duchess90 and others make una help me answer this question please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mayflowa(m): 12:23am On Jul 22, 2022
Please can someone collect a passport with visa from UK embassy on behalf of another person. Or I must go to the embassy myself to collect the passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tejurae: 12:31am On Jul 22, 2022
Sunshyne007:

Now that stopovers in certain countries require transit visas, connecting flights might be off the table. Especially since most people are in a rush to get to uni and don’t have time to apply and wait for the transit visa.

Yeah...but like you said, certain countries. I know Egyptair doesn't require a transit visa. My suggestion would be to go to Google flights or travelstart and put in your dates. It'll show you all the flights (direct and connecting) that go to the UK including their price. Then go and book through the airlines website so you can start saving your miles. If you're going direct your options are BA, Virgin and Arik.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tejurae: 12:35am On Jul 22, 2022
Kalakris:
If someone is going to UK using an airline like Turkish airways, does the person require transit visa for a 1hr layover. If he does require one, how can it be obtained?

Confirm from the airline if you would need to leave the transit lounge. If not then you won't need the transit visa.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tejurae: 12:37am On Jul 22, 2022
GodIsAble85:
Hello house...Please I want to ask how long it takes University of bradford to schedule credibility interview, after submission of all necessary documents, proof of fund is ready since on 16th July and deposit has been paid since on Monday, please I am asking on behalf of my wife the main applicant... @Justwise @duchess90 and others make una help me answer this question please

They should have given you a time frame. My uni gave me a time frame and when it past I called them. Turns out they never received some of the documents I sent and the person in charge of giving me my cas just never emailed me about it. The second time I called, the person in charge of my cas was just not attending to my file. They ended up apologising and I got my cas a few hours later at 11pm

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Apmix(m): 12:39am On Jul 22, 2022
femiesomuch:
Good day all, please I’m currently filling my visa application, just to be sure. Will i pay the IHS fee before I can upload my supporting documents. Thank you all

Yes, you will upload your documents on a different website belonging to the TLS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by GodIsAble85(m): 1:02am On Jul 22, 2022
Thanks so very much, the time frame they gave her was 5 to 10 working days and they've acknowledged all the documents submitted...

They should have given you a time frame. My uni gave me a time frame and when it past I called them. Turns out they never received some of the documents I sent and the person in charge of giving me my cas just never emailed me about it. The second time I called, the person in charge of my cas was just not attending to my file. They ended up apologising and I got my cas a few hours later at 11pm[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 2:32am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello

No you don't require transit visa

You aren't leaving the airport,the time you need to find your connecting flight and the boarding gate might even take up the entire hour, don't be surprised if you have to run to catch up boarding.

Cheers
Kalakris:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 2:41am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello

That's really strange

Regardless of level, it should still have a section for your evidence of funds.

I will advise you still include it in the documents you upload ( under finance)just incase it was a glitch in the system

Cheers
mufasa123:

Yes I did. When I choose Rqf 6 that portion does not show but it shows for other level.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 2:45am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello

Do you mean completely different, or a shorter version or an error.

You might need to do so, so it links up with the rest of your documents.

Going forward please maintain the same names all through

Cheers
naijaboi2:
Please, I have this similar issue.... The second name on my int. passport is not the same with both bank statement and credentials. Though, someone advice me to get sworn affivadit to back it up but I'm worry if this will be a concern.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 2:47am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello

From TLS you mean?

If you give a letter of authority to collect your passport,along with the collection documents that should be fine

Unless things have changed

Cheers
Mayflowa:
Please can someone collect a passport with visa from UK embassy on behalf of another person. Or I must go to the embassy myself to collect the passport?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 2:48am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello @growthpartner1

There's a section on Nairaland solely for advert please

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 2:53am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello

The question is independent on your POFs

If they depend on you then state so, if not then state so

Cheers
Janetale:
Please house, need this ASAP, when filling visa application form, the question
'does anyone rely on you for financial support?
What should be the answer for me as the MA with 2 dependants (husband and child)
Note:pof is in my name
Should I answer' yes' or' no'.
If yes, will I need to fill the details of the two of them in the following questions on dependants or just fill for my child alone
Please ���@duchess90

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 2:55am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello

It depends

You might want to continue to chase up via calls or emails so the Uni advises. They are getting overwhelmed now with September intake

Cheers
GodIsAble85:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (945) (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) ... (1048)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.