Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,037 members, 7,970,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 11:21 PM

Help, My Stuttering Getting Worse - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help, My Stuttering Getting Worse (150 Views)

Between Traffic From Ogba To Ikeja And Egbeda To Ikeja Which Is Worse / Police Salary Department Worse Than Thief / Nurses vs Police Vs Nepa Vs Tailor Vs Bank Customer Care Whos Far Worse??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help, My Stuttering Getting Worse by iykeman776(m): 11:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
My name is John and am currently 27, based in one of the state in Southwest of Nigeria. Please fellow Nairalanders I really want you people to advise me on the way forward about my speech impairment. I have been stammering since childhood, I endured all sort of mockery and embarrassment from my peers and school mate to the extent that people started associating me with the stammering boy. I lost confidence and self esteem. I did everything possible to stop it but it wouldn't just stop. I carried it into adulthood which has become quite challenges and as a result of this I grew up with fear. I avoid some certain things that will showcase me in order not to be ridiculed and laughed at. Life hasn't been easy for me at all, I can't express myself when ever am angry and people around me tend to take advantage of this, it just embarrasses me. I was once laughed at during one of our seminars in the university. Some times it reduces but triggers again each time am expected to present something in public especially when am reading. This has really given me a lot of concern and it's now interfering in my life ambitions. Some times I feel worthless and down. I don't have good relationships with people. Only if I speak fluently, I would have been more happier in life. I keep praying everyday not to do something I will regret.
Re: Help, My Stuttering Getting Worse by dawnomike(m): 11:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
Your problem is still minor... Go for speech therapy.

(1) (Reply)

Court Grants Jaruma Bail After 3 Days In Custody On Orders Of Ned Nwoko / Npower N-exit / CLAT 2022: How To Apply, Exam Tips, Pattern, Dates, Eligibility And Syllabus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.