Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,690 members, 7,892,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. (1639 Views)

South West The Least Developed Region After North- Ooni / Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring / Buhari's Performance At APC Primaries Shows His Weakness - Former CNN Reporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. by kakakibuy(m): 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2011
Addis Ababa — US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, on Monday(13th June) urged African leaders to review their position over Libyan leader, Moammar Gadhafi, and collectively call for the leader to step down.

The African Union (AU), a 53-member pan African body, declined to join calls for the ousting of Gadhafi, and instead called for an end to NATO air strikes in Libya.

"I know it is true that over many years Mr. Gadhafi has played a major role in providing financial support for many African nations and institutions, including the African Union," she said. "It has become clear by the day that he has lost his legitimacy to rule and that we are long past the day when he can remain in power."

She urged all African leaders to demand that Gadhafi accept a ceasefire and leave Libya.
"Your words and actions could make the difference in bringing this situation to a close and allowing the people of Libya to get to work rebuilding their country [, ] The world needs the African Union to lead."said Clinton.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201106140282.html
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
My take on this:
How long will these people continue to take Africa for a ride? Notice the highlighted part. She asked for a collective resolution from ALL members of the AU. Of All members because few days preceding her speech The leader of the AU's mediation team on Libya, Mauritania's President Abdel Aziz, said Gaddafi's departure has become necessary as "he can longer lead Libya". He obviously was the puppet used to give a sort of legitimacy/importance to Clinton's statement days later. Well AU members did the right thing by refusing to collectively ask Mr Gadhafi to leave instead called for and end to NATO strikes.

She also said their words and actions could make a difference in bringing the situation to a close. 'Duh' they collectively called for an end to NATO strikes. Have those strikes been ended? No!!

I am not a staunch supporter of Mr Ghadafi but I'm African and I am sick and tired of the hypocrisy of Western leaders. Why attack Libya? The excuse they gave us was that Ghadafi was killing his own people. If the West is such a benevolent champion of people's right to exist,then what about the Syrians?  Isn't Assad killing his own people as we speak? What about Palestine? Are the policies of the Israeli government killing palestinians on a daily basis? Where were they during the Rwanda genocide?So they want us to believe that all of a sudden they care about others, they care so much that they will spend Millions of Dollars in organizing an air bombardment of Libya? Who's gonna foot this bill? Have the Libyan rebels answered this question sincerely?

There are many factors/speculation that might have led to this war, I don't know for sure.It could be because Mr Ghadafi haven for many years backed up his country's currency with solid gold,was nursing the idea of making gold the single trading currency when we trade with the west. An economic move that will automatically transform Africa's economic standing in the world, It could be a revenge because he ordered the bombing of the Pan Am flight 103, It could just simply be about oil but IT CERTAINLY ISN'T BECAUSE MR GHADAFI WAS KILLING HIS OWN PEOPLE AND NATO LOVED THEM SO MUCH THAT THEY HAD TO SEND AIR STRIKES TO SAVE THEM FROM A ''MAD DOG'',

Enough of the lies!! Enough of the hypocrisy!! African Leaders Stand up for what you know is right. At least if not for anything, for African pride. Did we accuse former president George Bush of losing legitimacy when he sent his citizens to die for a reason based on falsehood in Iraq? No!! He said, there are no WMD in Iraq but the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. End of story and we let it pass.

NATO should stop the bombing and let Africans handle their problems themselves.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. by dapachez: 9:02am On Jun 22, 2011
@ poster i love you, and your post. Quiet frankly you were on point,this aint a conspiracy theory at all,the west went to libya for oil,just imagine the count of civillian casualties from NATO is even more than the one Ghadaffi allegedly killed. The rebels mark my words will suffer at the end and when the west is through with them they will wish for Ghadaffi. A simple question for us all why destroy structures in a country you are helping? Poster i wish many people could reason like you to see this deception playing out.
kakakibuy:

Addis Ababa — US secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, on Monday(13th June) urged African leaders to review their position over Libyan leader, Moammar Gadhafi, and collectively call for the leader to step down.
The African Union (AU), a 53-member pan African body, declined to join calls for the ousting of Gadhafi, and instead called for an end to NATO air strikes in Libya.
"I know it is true that over many years Mr. Gadhafi has played a major role in providing financial support for many African nations and institutions, including the African Union," she said. "It has become clear by the day that he has lost his legitimacy to rule and that we are long past the day when he can remain in power."
She urged all African leaders to demand that Gadhafi accept a ceasefire and leave Libya.
"Your words and actions could make the difference in bringing this situation to a close and allowing the people of Libya to get to work rebuilding their country [, ] The world needs the African Union to lead."said Clinton.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201106140282.html
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
My take on this:
How long will these people continue to take Africa for a ride? Notice the highlighted part. She asked for a collective resolution from ALL members of the AU. Of All members because few days preceding her speech The leader of the AU's mediation team on Libya, Mauritania's President Abdel Aziz, said Gaddafi's departure has become necessary as "he can longer lead Libya". He obviously was the puppet used to give a sort of legitimacy/importance to Clinton's statement days later. Well AU members did the right thing by refusing to collectively ask Mr Gadhafi to leave instead called for and end to NATO strikes.

She also said their words and actions could make a difference in bringing the situation to a close. 'Duh' they collectively called for an end to NATO strikes. Have those strikes been ended? No!!

I am not a staunch supporter of Mr Ghadafi but I'm African and I am sick and tired of the hypocrisy of Western leaders. Why attack Libya? The excuse they gave us was that Ghadafi was killing his own people. If the West is such a benevolent champion of people's right to exist,then what about the Syrians?  Isn't Assad killing his own people as we speak? What about Palestine? Are the policies of the Israeli government killing palestinians on a daily basis? Where were they during the Rwanda genocide?So they want us to believe that all of a sudden they care about others, they care so much that they will spend Millions of Dollars in organizing an air bombardment of Libya? Who's gonna foot this bill? Have the Libyan rebels answered this question sincerely?

There are many factors/speculation that might have led to this war, I don't know for sure.It could be because Mr Ghadafi haven for many years backed up his country's currency with solid gold,was nursing the idea of making gold the single trading currency when we trade with the west. An economic move that will automatically transform Africa's economic standing in the world, It could be a revenge because he ordered the bombing of the Pan Am flight 103, It could just simply be about oil but IT CERTAINLY ISN'T BECAUSE MR GHADAFI WAS KILLING HIS OWN PEOPLE AND NATO LOVED THEM SO MUCH THAT THEY HAD TO SEND AIR STRIKES TO SAVE THEM FROM A ''MAD DOG'',

Enough of the lies!! Enough of the hypocrisy!! African Leaders Stand up for what you know is right. At least if not for anything, for African pride. Did we accuse former president George Bush of losing legitimacy when he sent his citizens to die for a reason based on falsehood in Iraq? No!! He said, there are no WMD in Iraq but the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein. End of story and we let it pass.

NATO should stop the bombing and let Africans handle their problems themselves.

[/quote
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 22, 2011
From this post it would seem this is another scramble but this time for countries with crude oil. Lets watch as the drama unfolds, which will be the next target.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. by kakakibuy(m): 12:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
andromida:

From this post it would seem this is another scramble but this time for countries with crude oil. Lets watch as the drama unfolds, which will be the next target.
No one knows who the next target might be. Maybe Omar Al-Bashir of Sudan-if he doesn't allow the newly breakaway South-Sudan to peacefully give their oil to USA.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. by kakakibuy(m): 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2011
This just came in: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/cameron-high-handed-top-military-135755519.html

In an economic recession the UK has spent 250M. Does any sane person believe they are paying this price to save civilians from Ghadafi? NATO bombings have killed more civilians in Libya than the Libyan military did at the beginning of the uprising. This is all about money, gold,oil- resource control. Why can't African leaders speak with one voice? If the AU passes a motion ordering NATO to halt bombings immediately or face being at war with the whole of the continent, won't this make a change? Ofcourse we aren't going to go to war with NATO but at least take a unified stand and end this unjust conflict. This is so sad yet annoying.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. by kakakibuy(m): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
Leon Stephens' comment on yahoo page in reference to a picture of Ghadafi

Looks like an aging rock star who's had too much meth.

To be perfectly honest, I can't say if all the tales they tell about Gadaffi the dictator are true or not, I haven't been there. On the other hand, it's difficult to suppose he's a hero to his people if at least half of them are trying to unseat him. I mean, the vast majority of European leaders are fools or villains, arse-lickers to the banking aristocrats who are currently leading the return to a mediaeval model of society, and there's no movement in Europe to overthrow them militarily. Gadaffi's proponents claim that he has created a very prosperous society. Why then, Mustafa Lulu and Perdo, are so many Libyans up in arms against so great a hero?

And a well deserved reply by Nat333(yahoo subscriber)

[b]well u need to visit a country like Nigeria, a country the EU and US continue to over exploit. The country is a democracy, but a vast number of small Nigerian kids can be found on the road selling petty stuff worth less than 30p otherwise they and their parents will go hungry for 4 days. This is a country with a democracy, but American and EU companies own OIL BLOCKS having bribed their the corrupt so called pro-western government. A country where the government gives less than 1% to education, where more than half the population can't read or write, where there is no security of lives and property, where people die from preventable illnesses due to lack of hospitals, where there is hardly any good roads, one of the world's largest oil producer yet oil is unavailable for Nigerian motorists but in the UK it flows 24/7 in every filling station. A country where the government allows western oil companies to get away with oil spillage and flaring year by year, where the western media never raise the awareness because they want to keep sapping Nigeria's oil, finding and staking 90% ownership new oil reserves. This is over-exploitation by foreigners in a democratic country. Every Libyan in the so called dictatorship regime was entitled to free education in excellent schools. No Nigerian is entitled to free education, besides the schools are deplorable, no chairs, no blackboard, few teachers. Healthcare is very good in Libya a dictatorship, in Nigeria a western democracy hundred thousands die annually from lack of healthcare. The president of Nigeria goes to London for medical treatment, he provides nothing for his country. Nigeria is a democracy that permits the westerners to drain her resources. Libya is a dictatorship that doesn't permit western exploitation and still manages to ensure a good standard of living for her people. The idea of the west supporting REBELS is very dubious. The fact that the rebels have started shipping oil to the west is also troubling. The fact that the west is not taking military action on Syria or Israel is very worrying. Having bullied their way into Africa and carving out colonies for maximum over-exploitation, the west continue to reveal their real evil intents to us Africans. They gave our countries silly names, beheaded our kings, stole our sacred artefacts and put in their museums, shipped the best of our kinds to foreign lands and over-exploited their strength through slave-labour, stole our ancestors' farmlands, stole our gold, diamond, and cash-crops, and left us with f4king Christianity. Having stolen so much from Africa, they still come to steal more by first brain washing us Africans into believing we are third world. No, fools, Africa is exceedingly rich. They said we were pagans and backward. But none of us was hungry in the streets when our ancient systems were in place. The west should leave Africa alone. Leave our shores, leave our minerals, we don't need your aid. we've got the resources, we can think for ourselves, we never needed you. Go away.[/b]
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2011
AU will not allow the air strikes to continue hopefully, If Gaddahfi returns, France and Italy will suffer I swear!!! He was their major supplier,

I honestly hate this world! Any reasonable person will see that something is wrong! They have pinned many crimes on the Libyan leader but none stuck,

TO HELL WITH ALL OF THEM JOR!!!!

Why are you supporting the rebels? WHY? WHY? REBELS!!!! Not even the people REBELS!!!! If they had allowed the leader to handle them, the country would have been in peace since!!! WHY? I don't like Gaddahfi but seriously who else can lead Libya? Democracy is not for all, Y haven't they invaded Saudi Arabia? The people are not free either!!!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. by kakakibuy(m): 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
Re: The Hypocrisy Of The West. The Weakness/inferiority Of Africans. by kunlekunle: 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
in the north of africa, napoleon failed, adolf hitlaer failed EU succeeded.
incorporating the north of africa into europe. oil

(1) (Reply)

Listen To Bbc Newshour Now: Asking If Nigeria Is Becoming Ungovernable / Abracadabra! The More You See The Less You Understand! / Why Ojukwu Joined A Northern Party – An Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.