Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,954 members, 7,915,808 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:42 AM

Interview With Comrade Prince Victor, Political Analyst And Media Influencer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interview With Comrade Prince Victor, Political Analyst And Media Influencer (131 Views)

We’ve Been Doing Lots Of Work Without Noise And Media Hype – Fubara / List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban / List Of Media Officials and Media Houses Accredited To Cover Nnamdi Kanu's Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview With Comrade Prince Victor, Political Analyst And Media Influencer by Princevictor966(m): 2:09pm On Jan 26, 2022
Adewale Akande - 5 min read
- January 25, 2022 - Add comment

Interview With Comrade Prince Victor, Political Analyst and Media Influencer, conducted by Adewale Akande on Tuesday, 25th of January 2022.

Q - Comrade, we have since trailed your outings on social media and have read so far your staunch support for the North to produce the next president of Nigeria after President Muhammadu Buhari, what has influenced your decision sir?

Comrade - Well, first I thank you for having me here today Mr Akande. To start with your question, I have made it clear to Nigerians that the North still have one term of four years to produce the next president at the expiration of General Buhari's tenure in 2023 and nothing could have influenced my decision if not equity, fairness and justice. The South already had 14 years as president and the North would have done 10 years in 2023, where then is the remaining four years and where lies justice, that is why we must be considerate in these current political dispensation before our ego deals a big blow at us.

Q - You are from the South East and few politicians from your zone have declared interest to run for the Presidency in 2023, are you for or against their move?

Comrade - The word "for or against" shouldn't have come in. Yes I am from the South East and there's no way I will kick against my geo-political zone in producing the next president but all I have keep saying is that the timing is rather wrong and not binding on any Nigerian. He who goes to equity must go with clean hands and that is the problem of some of us in the south, we are sometimes unrealistic. We just have to wait for 2027 and we will have our quest granted unconditionally. I actually don't want to go deep into these issue for it might be misconstrued by my people.

Q - What is your take on the Tinubu's Presidency as he his believed to emerge the ruling party's flagbearer in the forthcoming presidential election?

Comrade - Allow me to take a deep breath at that question, okay, I have said it is not yet the time for the south to produce the next president and so i wonder if Tinubu is not from the south. You see the south west, particularly my residential Lagos State have already developed these ethnic divide as they now see the south east a threat to their presidential aspirations and for now I don't think I want to discuss about Tinubu, maybe pretty much later. The only thing I can say, is that may affliction not rise the second time.

Q - Comrade, being a staunch member of the PDP and holding the interest of the Northern Presidency in mind, with speculations that Atiku is vying for a shot at the Presidency, who do you think will emerge the presidential flagbearer of the party for the 2023 election?

Comrade - Well, as you already know high consultations is ongoing and as I am talking to you now, the former vice president technical committee leader High Chief Raymond Dokpesi, is touring the country, he is in the south east now seeking support for His Excellency Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and that is way to go but for the party's flagbearer, I am not in the position to tell, we just have to wait after the party's primary elections and he or she will be unveiled to Nigerians. We will respect and cede our unflinching support to whoever emerges irrespective of our ethnic and religious affiliation.

Q - On suspension of petrol subsidy removal, you were one of the voices that kicked against its removal, what's your take on FG suspension?

Comrade - Even when I want to commend FG on the suspension of petrol subsidy removal, I will refrain from doing that for it is copiously pellucid to me that these are all strategies for the electioneering year.

Q - Sir, Any message or word of advice for Nigerians?

Comrade - All Nigerian is very important as such, should shun criminal activities and other social vices that dents our images. As the election draws near, Nigerians should be wise, compare and contrast before voting for we cannot bear the consequences of going back to Egypt, it would be grief. The youths in particular should refrain from being used by politicians to ferment troubles and cause nuisance on, before and after elections, the stipends offered to vote a candidate of questionable characters doesn't worth it, you're instead mortgaging your destiny and that of your future generations, please shun the practice now. I appeal to everybody to bring ourselves together and keep being patriotic citizens, if we are together, we stand tall. Thanks.

Interviewer - Comrade sir, it's been a pleasure talking to you. Thank you very much for your time.

https://www.naijaworld.online/p/uzxmM93Ism4cgphAmBNu

(1) (Reply)

Kwara SUBEB Begins Release Of Promotion Letters To Staff. / Online Petitions: Do They Get Approved?? / Evil Nigerian Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.