Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,969 members, 7,876,679 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (962146 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 10:45am On Apr 05, 2022
efizyhenchmen:
Dear Friends,
Please attached are the concerns of the VO over my application. Kindly advise me on how to tackle it.

Thank you,

Hello Efizyhenchmen,

Just mu little deductions from the GCMS,

1). You submitted a blurred, ineligible SOA and didn't do well to explain your proof of fund and funds seem not reasonable for the studies you're going for. You need to work on your POF, your sponsor. Please explain to the VO who is your sponsor because the vo sighted 3rd party and or spouse. So who is/are your sponsor and what commitment did they make towards the study. most importantly, try to submit an eligible SOA next time.

2). As per home ties, how did you compose your home ties. It is that the VO is confused as to why used the applicant is Married or has family in either. Didn't you specify it clearly? Nevertheless, even with your married status and family, the VO noted that you're not established in your home country Nigeria.

In summary, I could see that you didn't explain well your home ties, and proof of funds well in your SOP. So do well to write a convincing SOP when reapplying.

Sorry for the refusal.

It will end in priases.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Tejaisco(f): 11:01am On Apr 05, 2022
DestinationCann:
Hi guys, it's PPR for me and medical request for my toddler (I don't know why they have requested for a fresh Medicals for her but we go do am)

2nd time applicant

1st application July 2021
Refusal cake in on 6th October 2021 after waiting. I had to defer my admission. I had already started classes oo. The bad news came in in the middle of a particular class and I want blank for 10 minutes, exited the zoom class and cried to my satisfaction. I ordered GCMS Notes same day through a friend in Canada who was following up with me on my application.

GCMS came after 1 month and I realized IRCC messed up my application.

They mentioned sponsor when I didn't have any.
They said I had lump sum when I showed certificate of fixed deposit and told them the date it liquidated.
They didn't even acknowledge the 45% upfront school fees I paid (I think they already made a decision before I sent in the payment receipt)

I had to contact of a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant after my GCMS came in because I wasn't ready for the emotional stress of opening and refreshing IRCC portal and my email for update, he scheduled a zoom meeting with me and after reading through my GCMS Notes and listening to me, he said he'll have recommended a JR because the refusal grounds were baseless however, to save me time, money and stress, he recommended a reapplication.

I lost interest in online classes so I kuku deferred my admission.
I don move out funds buy market from fixed deposit sef so I kuku defer.

I started working on my POF immediately. I ensured large sums entered my personal account from everywhere and moved out and targeted March for submission of a fresh Application.

2nd Application Timeline

Application submitted 16th March 2022
Biometric confirmation 16th March 2022
Correspondence Letter 4th April 2022
PPR 4TH April 2022

Documents submitted:
Full tuition school fees payment evidence from school (32k CAD)
School admission letter
Person Account MyBankStatement showing 5.9M
Police clearance certificate
IELTS general result
WAEC result
Student copy of transcript
Digital passport
Letter of introduction by employer
Letter from employer showing amount and date my salaries were paid in the last 4 months.
Leave authorization from employer
International passport (mine and my toddler)

Home ties document submitted

Company account MyBankStatement showing closing balance of 28M and 6 months transaction of over 170M
CAC documents of Business
Company tax clearance certificate
Personal tax clearance certificate
Marriage certificate
Other children's birthday certificate
Husband's international passport
COF of landed property

The Registered Canada Immigration Consultant asked me questions like he was a Visa officer, I got tired sef. We exchanged lots of mails.

I'm grateful to God for this success. In deed, God has done this and I am in awe. Who could have imagined that my application would take 19 days and 13 working days?

I had already started Sweden application to schools sef. I had planned to apply to UK schools in October but transcript wahala didn't help matters so I left it.

I pray the God who did mine would do yours too. Do not give up.

Congratulations ma’am

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by yetol: 11:20am On Apr 05, 2022
Calmdancer21:
You can become a travel advisor just from what you read here. for all of you that contributed and keeps contributing to the success of others may God keep blessing you my target is to help at least one person from this from without charging kobo
Here is my timeline
Application Submission: 23 November
Biometrics: December 3
Upfront Medical: 17 November
medical updated to pass December 23
Eligibility: Started in January
i had to defer my admission to spring, applied for a new CAQ and also uploaded my new LOA via webform

Documents Submitted;
All IMM forms
School Fees payment receipt for $8000
4 page SOP, where i explained my study gap and also a lump sum in the account of my sponsor
Bank Statements of my sponsor including salary account. NB sponsor is my mom
Marriage Certificate of my parents
My Dad's Death Certificate
Gift Deed of a land and one house from my mom
All the documents of my mom landed properties
her 4 months salary slip
her employment letter
her passport
her affidavit of support
her letter of support

on my part
i submitted a letter of recommendation from a volunteer job which stated that me going for my studies will be a great opportunity to add my to their workforce when i complete my studies
B.Sc Results & Transcript
IELTS 7.5
NYSC cert
my car papers
my drivers license
Resume
two photos of my moms house

during the wait i started writing IRCC some emails and i noticed they blocked my email address, so i switched to webform then moved on to message all 78 MPs representing quebec, ordered my gcm notes but it has not arrived yet.
i did not submit MybankStatements for myself.

i tried reaching out to some gurus personally to help me at some point but they kept insisting that they handle the whole process. which i declined for personal reasons thank God it worked out for me.
with time i am also willing to assist with a copy of my SOP, if that will help.

Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Quiver: 11:34am On Apr 05, 2022
Please can someone help me with the Canada vfs Abuja email? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 11:50am On Apr 05, 2022
feistymikey:
Hi Jessica, how do you know if it’s important for your airline or not?
contact them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 11:50am On Apr 05, 2022
Scott99tish:
What date are you flying Egyptair
13th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by atiteb4: 12:02pm On Apr 05, 2022
Jessica50:
Egyptair said its a must, I will vex for them if they don't check it after paying for it
I don't think it's a must. I know someone flying egypt air and she emailed them. They said she doesn't need it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jessica50: 12:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
atiteb4:
I don't think it's a must. I know someone flying egypt air and she emailed them. They said she doesn't need it
thank you, let me save myself the stress
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by feistymikey(m): 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2022
Thank you
Omiinii:
Yeah. You could even show them from your phone if you have the E-copy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by efizyhenchmen: 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2022
Thank you, this is duly noted.. I really appreciate you!

Ketima:

Hello Efizyhenchmen,

Just mu little deductions from the GCMS,

1). You submitted a blurred, ineligible SOA and didn't do well to explain your proof of fund and funds seem not reasonable for the studies you're going for. You need to work on your POF, your sponsor. Please explain to the VO who is your sponsor because the vo sighted 3rd party and or spouse. So who is/are your sponsor and what commitment did they make towards the study. most importantly, try to submit an eligible SOA next time.

2). As per home ties, how did you compose your home ties. It is that the VO is confused as to why used the applicant is Married or has family in either. Didn't you specify it clearly? Nevertheless, even with your married status and family, the VO noted that you're not established in your home country Nigeria.

In summary, I could see that you didn't explain well your home ties, and proof of funds well in your SOP. So do well to write a convincing SOP when reapplying.

Sorry for the refusal.

It will end in priases.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chubbyface: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2022
Please how do I pay for my visa fee? My card isn’t going? sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teeunz: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Good day every one
Please gurus in the house I need your contributions please.

Is there a situation where someone only pays tuition deposit and has sufficient amount in the sponsors account and study permit is issued. Because I see that in some cases there is sufficient money in the account but the VO feels the money will not be available for use.
Please I need contributions please because I have paid the tuition deposit of $1000 CAD and sufficient money is in my sponsors account but I am thinking of waiting for my study permit before paying for the school fees, I am confused presently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Samtob4life: 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2022
Good afternoon

Please how do I request for my document by document academic transcript from WES?

The school I'm processing requested for WES for admission.

I did my WES ECA evaluation last year for PR application. (switched to study visa this year)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Jacklens: 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2022
Good day, house.
I saw on this platform comment on IRCC accepting pay in naira during application submission. I attempted it with my naira Mastercard and did not work.
Pls, I need guidance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Bobomaigida: 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2022
Teeunz:
Good day every one
Please gurus in the house I need your contributions please.

Is there a situation where someone only pays tuition deposit and has sufficient amount in the sponsors account and study permit is issued. Because I see that in some cases there is sufficient money in the account but the VO feels the money will not be available for use.
Please I need contributions please because I have paid the tuition deposit of $1000 CAD and sufficient money is in my sponsors account but I am thinking of waiting for my study permit before paying for the school fees, I am confused presently.

Dear Teeunz,

What the VO is looking at is the relationship between you and the sponsor, and why the sponsor would be willing to pay for your education, so you have to draft your SOP to address those concerns, put yourself in the shoes of the VO and come up with questions that he or she might have and answer them in your SOP.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by promo4(m): 1:32pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hello guys, please I need advice on how to go about this, I'm a bit worried and confused right now based on my POF.

Scenario 1

So, my tuition for 1 year is 13000cad. Living expenses is 10,000cad by default. I have 20,000cad available from my business and 200,000naira available on my salary account with good inflows too.
My first semester tuition is 7000cad.
Should I pay for my first semester tuition and do my visa application with what I have now? Or

Scenario 2
Should I wait to end of April to add more funds from my business to make it 23,000cad, Salary account to 500k, Pay for first semester tuition and then apply by first week of May?

Scenario 3

Should I just apply with the POF I have available now without paying for first semester tuition fee?

Scenario 4

Should I just defer my admission and save up at least 50,000cad to have enough money for my POF before applying again?

Thanks and appreciate your responses.

NB: My business is consistently bringing in money every month passively and I have a good salary job.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidbanky(m): 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2022
promo4:
Hello guys, please I need advice on how to go about this, I'm a bit worried and confused right now based on my POF.

Scenario 1

So, my tuition for 1 year is 13000cad. Living expenses is 10,000cad by default. I have 20,000cad available from my business and 200,000naira available on my salary account with good inflows too.
Should I pay for my first semester tuition and do my visa application with what I have now? Or

Scenario 2
Should I wait to end of April to add more funds from my business to make it 23,000cad, Salary account to 500k, Pay for first semester tuition and then apply by first week of May?

Scenario 3

Should I just apply with the POF I have available now without paying for first semester tuition fee?

Scenario 4

Should I just defer my admission and save up at least 50,000cad to have enough money for my POF before applying again?

NB: My business is consistently bringing in money every month passively and I have a good salary job.

I’ll advice scenerio 4 … you are expected to have your full tuition, then living expenses + misc is around 13k so the more the money the better

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by promo4(m): 1:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
Davidbanky:

I’ll advice scenerio 4 … you are expected to have your full tuition, then living expenses + misc is around 13k so the more the money the better

Thanks for the response. I thought misc is 3k?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Davidbanky(m): 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
promo4:

Thanks for the response. I thought misc is 3k?

Yes .. that’s why I said $13k … if you can come up with that and your school fees .. that’s perfect. Pay full tuition or first semester and you are good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by promo4(m): 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2022
Davidbanky:

Yes .. that’s why I said $13k … if you can come up with that and your school fees .. that’s perfect. Pay full tuition or first semester and you are good

Okay. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HazeeyzaH(f): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
Chubbyface:

If its new portal... it wont go.. u have to find someone to help u pay in cad

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Karaluann: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2022
Please who is in Centennial college and can help with information about accommodation? I am resuming in September 2022 and I need all the information that’ll be helpful for accommodation. Please and THANKS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2022
JESUSSON1:
Thanks for the info. What doing another one year program after the first program. is it not going to give the person 2-3 years working permit?

Yes, it will work for 2-3 years PGWP. That is the 1+1 format. However, it is better if you can find a single program of 16 or 20 months thar fits your profile. The advantage of 1+1, aside 2-3 years PGWP, is that you can do other program that may not align with your previous experience or education as the second program. Renewing student visa/permit is not difficult in Canada.

For those that have a clear plan for 1+1, it would likely work. However, most people do not know or plan for the implication of 1 year program. To save them the stress, I would advise 16-20 months program.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
Karaluann:
Please who is in Centennial college and can help with information about accommodation? I am resuming in September 2022 and I need all the information that’ll be helpful for accommodation. Please and THANKS!

If you wish to live in-campus, you xb email the school or better still call to have an arrangement setup for you.

To me, as an international student, its always advantegeous to live off-campus cos you have the opportunity to mingle and associate with fellow internationals and nationals. That way, you can get information or links to jobs availability etc.

Living in-campus confines you to just the campus, you get to associate but not like off-campus and information follow isnt same as off-campus.

Do what works best for you shaa..

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

If its new portal... it wont go.. u have to find someone to help u pay in cad

Old or new portal, you have fund someone with cad to pay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
promo4:

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Scenario 3

Scenario 4

Scenario 4 is the best option
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
Jacklens:
Good day, house.
I saw on this platform comment on IRCC accepting pay in naira during application submission. I attempted it with my naira Mastercard and did not work.
Pls, I need guidance.

Not true.

You have to find a TRUSTWORTHY person that will pay in any other foreign currency asides naira.

Take note of the bolded to avoid CHARGEBACKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anon123: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Chubbyface:

You have to find a TRUSTWORTHY person that will pay in any other foreign currency asides naira.

Take note of the bolded to avoid CHARGEBACKS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2022
ShowYoung:
Getting PR is not always all about getting a job, this is why I asked if you know anything about MPNP, RNIMP and the program that New Brunswick requires you to do and apply for PNP in your final semester which is 6 months before graduation if you are studying in one year course?

Are you aware of AINP?

People that get problem are the ones who say, "I want to live in Ontario or BC", if you don't care and ready to live in any province or territory to get a PR, I am sure you don't have to tie your PR to jobs. Many PNPs are calling graduates if you care to know.

I also weigh in worst case scenario:
I asked if you're aware of 1+1 course strategy.

I know about the 1+1 strategy. I also know about almost all PNP program except the NB program you mention. I also have friends that have applied to them. The fatest of them all is the alberta one (AINP) with processing often less than 3 months. However, you can only apply if alberta invites you to apply. Most graduate don't get AINP until 6 months or one year after graduation. SINP processing can take up to 1 year. MPNP processing often goes over 1 year.

Do you also know PNP is not PR? You also have to wait for IRCC to invite you and process your PR after your PNP approval. I am sure you know IRCC timeliness. You can not remain out of status between the processing.

I also know that your study permit condition don't expire at graduation. It is about 4 months after you complete the program aka end of your final semester. You are required to notify IRCC and apply for PGWP after you complete the program. Don't confuse completion with graduation. Graduation can be up to six months or 1 year after you complete the program.

It is one thing to read something online. The reality can be sharply different. If you doubt, you should ask yourself if IRCC usually stand with the normal processing time for student visa you are applying for. I focus more on reality when I advise future applicants.

I appreciate your tenacity though. It shows you have read and knowledgeable than most applicants. That is what gave some of us hope to persist in the past. When you come in, you will understand why canadians prefer experience over knowledge. Tip: experience is often very different from what you read or study.

At the end, we are all here to help one another. I rest this case. All the best. Thanks.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by promo4(m): 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2022
Anon123:

Scenario 4 is the best option

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by silverkings: 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
Anon123:

NO
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Beatson: 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2022
Please how much is the school tuition deposit?

Thanks.

Karaluann:

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (920)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.