Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,720 members, 7,882,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (965931 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
jayifeanyi1234:
Hello,

I think you should plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz go back to CAN for your studies and apply for SOWP or even a visiting visa, for hubby and don’t risk going for another study permit application. You can always go to that school you desire afterwards.
Your 2m will not be a waste cos knowledge will be acquired, besides, you will be working.

All the best!

It might be too late. I assume the candidate admission was for January 2022 and the candidate did not register for any course to aviod wasting money. Course registration will probably have ended as this is February. If course registration is still open, then the candidate is "lucky" because the door is still slightly open.

All in all, opportunity often comes once in a life time. If this one Don go, they are back to the visa prayer and at the mercy of God to have a good visa officer again. I wish her question was one month earlier. It is never too late and they can receive a miracle again.

By the way, I checked the candidate previous posts. She have bsc and msc already and going for bachelors degree. Her UK profile is very good, and that might have given her an edge and less scrutiny. Candidate hubby probably didn't have that UK profile and current Nigerian destiny (economic and financial situation) hold am down.

Their next visa officer fit dey ask why, why, why for her previous decision and if the next application is genuine. Plus insisting she want to add her hubby, with previous red applications, in a new student visa app will raise a lot of red flags with home tie, purpose, etc.

If she stayed in CAN and apply for her hubby, they for give am SOWP with her newly wedded story, genuine relationship and hubby good business in Nigeria. We just have to give best advise and wish her the best in the next application.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Perfectyyyyyy: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations

Vee2021:
Who am I that you are mindful of me? God has done it.. PPR IS here. After waiting for so long. I prophesied that this week was my week and God did it.

I am a silent reader here and I joined after I submitted my application, although I avoided this place for a while because of anxiety. After several emails, mp sent mails as well, I have started classes online for Fall 2021 at lambton college, currently doing the winter term, just last week Thursday I was asked to send my updated letter of acceptance but I sent enrollment letter instead , then I received PPR this afternoon. This is my timeline.

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Biometrics- May 24th 2021
Upfront medical - April 28th 2021
I don’t know when eligibility started.
Updated letter of acceptance request - Feb 3rd 2022
Passport request- February 7th 2022
Yes 9months!

See ehn I was so scared, I trusted God but I’m human right? But God said his ways are not my ways.
I submitted all the necessary documents even sent my fall transcript, please whatever you do just keep trusting God.

Please who’s going to Lambton College (Sarnia campus) or is already a student there? Hit me up. Thank you.
I pray everyone excepting good news will receive it soon. Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by themankelechi: 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations!

Sapte:
Its PPR guys. I am coming back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by themankelechi: 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations to your best friend!

VonVictor:
PPR ooooooooooo!

I'm shaking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Halyshia: 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
FAVANA:
Congratulations
congratulations, please did you sent email to ircc during the waiting period? If yes? Which of the branch did you send to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Damanjay: 6:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Vee2021:
Who am I that you are mindful of me? God has done it.. PPR IS here. After waiting for so long. I prophesied that this week was my week and God did it.

I am a silent reader here and I joined after I submitted my application, although I avoided this place for a while because of anxiety. After several emails, mp sent mails as well, I have started classes online for Fall 2021 at lambton college, currently doing the winter term, just last week Thursday I was asked to send my updated letter of acceptance but I sent enrollment letter instead , then I received PPR this afternoon. This is my timeline.

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

See ehn I was so scared, I trusted God but I’m human right? But God said his ways are not my ways.
I submitted all the necessary documents even sent my fall transcript, please whatever you do just keep trusting God.

Please who’s going to Lambton College (Sarnia campus) or is already a student there? Hit me up. Thank you.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bl39: 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
aamey15:
Hello,

I am also in this boat, i have an admission for September 2022, family of 5 and i am about to start my visa application. Do you mind if we exchange contacts and maybe share experiences and ideas on this process.

Can i send you a pm

Sure, I would like to connect as well.
Sharing ideas and experiences might be useful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Obibaby: 6:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations

Vee2021:

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by aamey15: 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
congratulations

Vee2021:

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations to all those who have received their PPRs, and God's grace for those in waiting.

Please I would like to ask, how big could a sum of money be for it to be considered a lump sum? Again, what kinds of accounts could receive such amounts for it be considered a lump sum?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by purespikes: 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations to all the new PPR recipients. More to come in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by prospectiveapp: 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations
Vee2021:

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Demmy10: 7:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
Vee2021:

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

Congratulations!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrprolifik: 7:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
dikadubai:
Please house I need answers.

Can I apply for pgc/pgd with ND result?
What can I apply in Canada with ND result.

Yes you can apply for pgc/Pgd with an ND result but you need to also have some years of job experience in that program and lastly you need to contact the school first to get assurance before applying.most school require that you have a first degree or a 2year or 3year diploma. Some state categorically that the 2 years diploma must be from a canadian school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Pejudear(f): 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2022
Yes it was updated to pass
VIKKYIFE:
Yes ooo. My husband is still waiting for an approval. He did upfront medicals

Did they update his medicals to pass?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by VIKKYIFE: 7:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
Yes it was updated to pass

Same here ooooo.....Did your husband use the new portal for his application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mrczar(m): 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2022
jayifeanyi1234:
Hello,

I think you should plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz go back to CAN for your studies and apply for SOWP or even a visiting visa, for hubby and don’t risk going for another study permit application. You can always go to that school you desire afterwards.
Your 2m will not be a waste cos knowledge will be acquired, besides, you will be working.

Take this advice plz.

All the best!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Kidsister13: 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
Good evening all.
Congrats to those who have seen PPR.
I am still hopeful like this oh..

I don come again with my question please.

Since no PPR and my course was hybrid I decided to defer. I got a new offer letter stating my new start date. So should I get a Webform and upload my new offer letter or i should just let it be. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by themankelechi: 7:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations!
God is too faithful to fail.

Vee2021:

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
Good evening house. I really appreciate the effort of the gurus and the upcoming one's may God bless you alll. New to all this Quick question guys have secured my admission, now I want to apply for my visa where can I get the Imm form to fill. And is it 2 of 3 form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anmama: 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
Vee2021:

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

Congratulations ....��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Anmama: 8:21pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations ��

quote author=Sapte post=110032750]Long Post Alert

Indeed What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist

I am so grateful to God for making my joy complete. In deed what I have been waiting for has come to pass. As a family, we have always desired moving to Canada. The journey started in 2019 when a friend spoke to my husband about the Express Entry Pool. However, our score was so low, so we decided to try the study route. 

In Feb 2020, I met an Instagram agent who collected over 2.5 million from us to migrate through the study route. No need to mention his name in this piece, (I can't give a fraudulent person unnecessary publicity).

He secured an undergraduate admission to the University of Manitoba. After submitting the visa application, I got to find out about nairaland. Then I realized many things were wrong with my application process. 

Next, I got in touch with Frank, and he asked me to start seeking for a master's admission in a related course. Since I studied mass communication and currently working as a remote digital journalist with a firm in Switzerland, I decided to opt for a Masters in Journalism Project at the University of Regina.

In September 2020, I got my admission letter and started planning ahead of 2021 fall. Meanwhile, this agent never told me I had been refused. I kept on waiting until Frank advised that I link my application to a new mail. This is when I found out that my previous application was refused in October 2020. 

Next, we started making plans to submit a new application in 2021. Application was submitted on April 13th. 

July 2021, I was refused (my 2nd refusal) based on personal assets and finance. 

I decided to opt for JR. I contacted an immigration lawyer, and she filed for a JR on August 6th. GCMS note showed that I had a lump sum, which was from the fixed deposit that I liquidated.

JR Timeline

Courts settlement: September 1st

File reopened: September 14th 

Request for new documents: October 8th

Document submitted: October 14th.

Then the wait started. I contacted my lawyer several times to help follow up, but she was reluctant. So Frank, Morayo, and Biola advised that I send a form to IRCC requesting to cancel her as my rep. 

I filled out the use of rep form and submitted on January 24th. I started sending 5 emails and web forms daily. In between this period, my husband and I decided to sow a seed, we fasted and had days of praise and worship. 

I keyed into my pastor's prayer at David Christian Center (Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo) last Sunday that the yoke of delay is broken. I kept on speaking that word into my life and application. I held on to God's word and on Feb 4th, BVL dropped and PPR today.

I am truly grateful to God. The wait is indeed not easy. In fact, I got two offers from UK schools, and I was even considering opting for one before PPR dropped. 

I want to especially thank Frank for his help all through this journey. Morayo and Biola, God bless you so much. Jane, Yinka, and Maureen, I met friends turned sisters in this forum and to everyone still waiting. The God that remembered me is still in the business of doing good. 

From a small village in Anambra State to Canada, blessed be God's name.

List of documents submitted

Bank statement: I used a microfinance bank, and my dollar account

Admission letter

Partial funding letter

School fees payment receipt

Spouse letter of support

Spouse employment letter

My employment letter

Study leave letter from my MD

Pictures with my family

Marriage certificate

Land document

Car papers

All IMME forms

Notarized affidavit of good conduct, among others, that I can't remember

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Johnchan2: 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
Vee2021:

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

Congratulations... we submitted same day ...
hoping my PPR drops soon too ...
Congratulationssss

Im so happy for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TittyLover: 8:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
If you didn’t get any update 3 months after doing biometrics, does that means you are not in ? I am a student applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 8:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hello Wesay01

You can get and download the forms from the IRCC Website..

You will need to fill 3 IRCC forms

Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
Family Information form (IMM5645E)
Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

Peace
Wesay01:
Good evening house. I really appreciate the effort of the gurus and the upcoming one's may God bless you alll. New to all this Quick question guys have secured my admission, now I want to apply for my visa where can I get the Imm form to fill. And is it 2 of 3 form.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by blessingflow: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations! I tap into this grace and I receive my PPR in the name of Jesus Christ.

Vee2021:

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Taiyejenny(f): 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Good evening, it’s my first time here and I don’t really know how to use naira land, I have been trying to ask a question but I don’t know how to go about it, so I’m just giving it a try…..
Please a recently gained admission to york university canada for post graduate degree in business administration for summer semester but the time frame is really short for me,so i want to defer to fall semester, is it okay to defer? Are there any disadvantages about deferring to next semester? And the school said I should pay the tuition deposit before I can defer… please I need your advice pls … thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lotathebaby: 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Taiyejenny:
Good evening, it’s my first time here and I don’t really know how to use naira land, I have been trying to ask a question but I don’t know how to go about it, so I’m just giving it a try…..
Please a recently gained admission to york university canada for post graduate degree in business administration for summer semester but the time frame is really short for me,so i want to defer to fall semester, is it okay to defer? Are there any disadvantages about deferring to next semester? And the school said I should pay the tuition deposit before I can defer… please I need your advice pls … thanks

I think it’s best for you to defer the admission to the fall term. It will give you enough time for your visa process. There is no disadvantage of deferring to the next term.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Raphchuks: 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
Vee2021:

Submitted- May 11th 2021
Yes 9months!

Congratulations dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by bertv66: 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hi Guys,

which is better , old portal or new for application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hello Taiyejenny

There is no disadvantage in deferring to the next available date of your proposed course.. So go ahead if you wanna to defer, just be sure they have an opening for your course for Fall 2022..

Yea, most schools will tell applicants to show commitment by at least paying the tuition deposit, so go ahead and pay the deposit fee, but please make sure you read about the school's refund policy, and if you are okay with their policy, then you can go ahead with the payment..

Peace

Taiyejenny:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hello bertv66

No one is better than the other.. You just have to work with the one that is convenient for you..

The reason why some applicants go for the new portal is cos you do not need to fill forms unlike what we have with the regular portal where you have to fill 3 IRCC forms and some times these forms give applicants issues cos most time it doesn't open until when the latest Adobe is installed on the system..

Personally, I still make use of the regular portal for the Visa applications I work on cos I am used to it, I haven't tried the new portal though, prolly the next application I will work on..

So both portals are good, some applicants who recently got their PPRs claimed they used the new portal..

So either of the portals is good to go..

Peace
bertv66:
Hi Guys,

which is better , old portal or new for application?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (920)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.