Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (966574 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 7:09pm On May 29, 2022
sayd3246:

Please which supporting document do I need to submit when applying for the visa. I currently work.
Dear Sayd3246,
Read through the last 1 week of this thread. Most PPR visa approval are of people who work. You will see the documents they submitted. Each success story you read, will give you an idea.

Also the 1st page of this thread has the documents needed for Visa application.

Please do read it. The answers to most of your questions are here already. Invest your time to read, you will be glad you did.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by ninab: 7:20pm On May 29, 2022
I BOOK MY PPR SPACE IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER,SON AND HOLYSPIRIT.

God of Elijah arise and compel IRCC to release my PPR

Amen

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by makano: 7:26pm On May 29, 2022
The bolded is so wrong..

If your Medicals will expire before you travel, you will have to do another one and submit the updated E-medical sheet to IRCC.

Always verify your claims before posting here, so peeps here wont be misinformed..

Peace
CharitoJames:

You already got your passport stamped and returned right? How does medicals come in again? IRCC is done with you. If they needed you to update it then you wouldn’t have gotten PPR and you don’t need medicals to travel, you have your visa already

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:37pm On May 29, 2022
ShowYoung:

No!
It may be enough for a 1 Year PGD.

Okay thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Senorita123(f): 7:39pm On May 29, 2022
Are graduate certificates same as post graduate diplomas? Seems like there are more schools offering graduate certificate programs than post graduate diploma. Can I apply for a graduate certificate program? Does it affect visa approval and pgwp? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 7:47pm On May 29, 2022
Senorita123:
Are graduate certificates same as post graduate diplomas? Seems like there are more schools offering graduate certificate programs than post graduate diploma. Can I apply for a graduate certificate program? Does it affect visa approval and pgwp? Thanks

Yes they are the same.

In Canada, colleges in Ontario offers most of the POST GRAD. CERTIFICATE (PG.CERT) PROGRAMS.

Yes you can apply for a Post Graduate Certificate Program as far as it is related to your work experience (even if you don't have an academic background in it), or related to your Academic background (what you studied in the University).

Just make sure any college you will be applying for their Post Grad. CERTIFICATE program offers PGWP (Very Important)..

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Senorita123(f): 7:54pm On May 29, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Yes they are the same.

In Canada, colleges in Ontario offers most of the POST GRAD. CERTIFICATE (PG.CERT) PROGRAMS.

Yes you can apply for a Post Graduate Certificate Program as far as it is related to your work experience (even if you don't have an academy background in it), or related to your Academic background (what you studied in the University).

Just make sure any college you will applying for their Post Grad. CERTIFICATE program offers PGWP (Very Important)..

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TOSM: 8:07pm On May 29, 2022
Hello guys.

Could you please recommend some Canadian universities with less than 18k CAD tuition fee per year that are currently accepting applications for academic programs (January intake)? Specifically Nursing (BSCN).

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 8:10pm On May 29, 2022
Thank you everyone here is what they say

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

How can i order my gcms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:21pm On May 29, 2022
TOSM:
Hello guys.

Could you please recommend some Canadian universities with less than 18k CAD tuition fee per year that are currently accepting applications for academic programs (January intake)? Specifically Nursing (BSCN).

Thanks
Dear TOSM,
Health related courses are usually higher in cost. Getting less than 18k for BSCN would be few. Few cost over 18k, most over 20k. Check some colleges and Universities in Alberta, NewFoundLand, BC and Manitoba(Brandon University).

You may see Diploma in Nursing for less than 18k.

I will suggest you use Applyboard.com to search this out.

Last last, you have to do the research oh. A school may have good fees but locations & some criteria may not be what you like.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kweje: 8:28pm On May 29, 2022
Wesay01:
Thank you everyone here is what they say

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

How can i order my gcms
Dear Wesay01,
Sorry once again. We know its a tough one to absorb.
This is definitely a generic response. Like i said in my last post, if you are willing to share more information about your application, you will get pointers while you wait for GCMS notes. Details like who was you sponsor, what is it 3rd party? Did you prove the relationship well enough? What documents did you submit etc…when did you apply?

For the GCMS notes, a Canadian resident(temporary or permanent) can order for you. You can reach out to @Technix or @Anon123 via their handles on this forum.

I pray you get it the next time.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by TOSM: 8:33pm On May 29, 2022
kweje:

Dear TOSM,
Health related courses are usually higher in cost. Getting less than 18k for BSCN would be few. Few cost over 18k, most over 20k. Check some colleges and Universities in Alberta, NewFoundLand, BC and Manitoba(Brandon University).

You may see Diploma in Nursing for less than 18k.

I will suggest you use Applyboard.com to search this out.

Last last, you have to do the research oh. A school may have good fees but locations & some criteria may not be what you like.

All the best.

Thanks Kweje
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by MightyRance(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2022
Good day gurus.

My application is now 2months and 2weeks.

Medical - Passed
Eligibility has started.
Criminality - Passed
info sharing completed { I got to know about it from the GCMS i ordered after a month of submission}

I have started sending mails daily. 10 in the morning, and 10 in the evening.

I will receive my PPR this week by the special grace of God.

IT WILL END IN PRAISE FOR EVERYONE. AMEN

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by PasqualO(m): 8:52pm On May 29, 2022
Boss please any Seneca application fee waiver code available?
Please help a brother..���

Lekiboboe:

Yes they are the same.

Yes you can apply for a Post Graduate Certificate Program as far as it is related to your work experience (even if you don't have an academy background in it), or related to your Academic background (what you studied in the University).

Just make sure any college you will applying for their Post Grad. CERTIFICATE program offers PGWP (Very Important)..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DebrahOj: 8:56pm On May 29, 2022
N10m will definitely not be enough.
Living expenses for 2 years is a minimum of 20k CAD and tuition fee maybe another 20k.

You should at least have 40k CAD in your account as proof of funds; that's N16M using N400 as the fx rate.

Olayinkaji:
Good day house. Please I would like to take a question. Is 10 million naira good for proof of funds for a pgd program 2 years. 1st year school fees of approx 10k cad.
Mine is 3m and sponsor is 7m.
I would want to know if that is enough to use to apply for visa with that as a POF.
Thank you, your responses will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Ketima: 8:57pm On May 29, 2022
CharitoJames:

You already got your passport stamped and returned right? How does medicals come in again? IRCC is done with you. If they needed you to update it then you wouldn’t have gotten PPR and you don’t need medicals to travel... you have your visa already

Hello,

Please this is totally wrong. Please when we are not sure of an answer, let's not rush to give unverified answers to questions asked. This is a public forum and wrong info can fly a lot.

For who the quoted massage was meant for, please kindly disregard and update your medical if it will expire before your travel.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Olanrae(m): 8:58pm On May 29, 2022
Booking my space for PPR this week InshaAllah!!!

Applied - April 18
Biometrics done and updated April 25
Upfront Medicals done May 24 updated to pass May 27
Eligibility- Not started
PPR - This week InshaAllah

It shall end in praise for everyone by the grace of God!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 9:00pm On May 29, 2022
Wrong, wrong, wrong .

According to IRCC, anyone who plans to stay in Canada beyond 6 months need to have valid medical report before entering Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

CharitoJames:

You already got your passport stamped and returned right? How does medicals come in again? IRCC is done with you. If they needed you to update it then you wouldn’t have gotten PPR and you don’t need medicals to travel... you have your visa already

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by DestinationCann: 9:04pm On May 29, 2022
You need to do another medical examination before you travel to Canada. That's IRCC instruction.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

MamateesLababy:
Good afternoon everyone. Happy Sunday!
Please I need advise.
I’m traveling in July for study (Got my PPR since January). My upfront medical was done since May 2021 when I applied for my study visa. Is it still valid? I haven’t received anything from IRCC to update it. Is that normal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by RoyalDukeDon: 9:06pm On May 29, 2022
Please how can I fill my declaration form online to avoid queueing?
Scott99tish:
Landing Gist !!!

Well, I was aspiring to type lot of story but my trip was quite short and simple than expected. No much questioning at allll.
Airline: Egyptair
Time: 14:00 on 2nd of May 2022

I got to Airport at 9am to avoid crowd ahead of travel time. I was the second person attended to for boarding pass.
Baggage: 29kg and 30km
Hand luggage: 12kg

I had lot of loads that I couldn't afford to drop some as I did some cargo ahead self for my fiancée in Toronto, That's why I had lots still. So I did bargain with the personnel who did calculation and said I will pay 75USD for extra to upgraded baggage of 32kg. I used Naija way reduce ham to 50USD as I hid some other baggage earlier sef. It was more. So we sha added all of them to the bags since I've paid. Lot of milk, fish and food items.
Document requested: ArriveCan, Vaccination card, Passport then Got my boarding pass.

I waited with my family for pictures till 12noon before moving in.
Advice, Avoid crowdy entry. A friend here told me to go through Gate E which I did. Very simple. Immigration passed me quickly without much questioning. The man was gisting with me sef giving me the right pronunciation of Toronto that I will blend soon. He checked the Acceptance letter and stamped me.

Money declaration man, He got interested in me that I paid full tuition fee (Big Boy) then We started family gist ooo when I said I am not a big boi. That it is Owo omo oni iru, omo alata, lol. At some point I was avoiding his gist but He was loving it, discussing with a young man about Life. He eventually said Good luck out there, Off you go.

Peace... Got to airline session, the lady there started gist too, then I kept thinking which soap did I use sef that They want to be making friends and not even doing usual Bambiala, Lol... She said Go in peace too.
We left Lagos Exactly 2pm.
Meals and movie on egyptair was great, I ate all. Arrived Egypt at 8:30pm and waited for our 5 hours stopover.
Left exactly 1:30am as they asked same document; Passport, ArriveCan, and Vaccination card.

Ate 3 meals before morning, They have amazing movies. All great. I made an Egypt-Canadian friend on the plane (Husband and Wife) They were awesome. watched same movies, Ate same meal as they were so cool.

Arrived Canada 1:48pm Nigerian time (8:48am Canadian time).
Note: Kindly fill your declaration form online before leaving Nigeria to save you stress. Went to self-declaration machine to scan my passport and I got my ticket once under 20secs.

First level asked me for passport and declaration ticket then Proceeded to another for first time arrival permits. Devil wanted to work small but God gat it under control. We were asked for letter of Introduction; My hands was dried that I needed spit to sort my document (Nigerian way) then this woman just shouted at me: SO RUDE, I DON'T NEED YOUR PAPERS...
I was like Alaye calm down na, I needed to separate my papers na, I had to bring out my hand sanitizer to satisfy her, Yet she said She told me she's not interested in my papers that I should bring just my passport then she went to print it herself, Alakoba.
Avoid using spit for paper sorting.

I was shaking that I didn't even know when I gave her my passport, I think she picked it herself cuz she told me to sit. Then I was looking for passport that Village people don come o.

When I was called, and I saw my passport with the person, then I felt more relaxed.
No much question asked. He just asked me for which school and course then He gave me my study permit and work permit.

Bless God.
Fiancée came to pick me. Drove me home then I realize I didn't waste money. This land is beautiful sha.
I drove later in the evening to get some stuffs like a road learner. Forget your Jason Statham skills in Nigeria, When you reach here, You gatz learn, Lol. So organized.

I wish everyone awaiting PPR all the best. Success !!!
See attached some photos...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Lekiboboe: 9:12pm On May 29, 2022
PasqualO:
Boss please any Seneca application fee waiver code available?
Please help a brother..���

Non I know of

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 9:39pm On May 29, 2022
HouseRavenclaw:

My application is from August 2021. Been waiting on my medical response since October.

Did you try mailing all their emails and submitting a webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 9:45pm On May 29, 2022
Teemenzo:
Hello guys good evening. Thanks for your comments and prayers for me. Im still on here. I believd very soon i will come and testify of God's goodness here. Heads up to the very good bosses here doing their work. Makano thanks for your reply yesterday. My guy said he will sort it out as i have aent your response to him.

Evey disappoimtment waiting for each and everyone of us is canceled in Jesus name.

Just to refresh you all, here is my Application timeline:

2nd Time Application
Application submitted: 24th November 2021 cool
Ghost Updates: about 4 within February to April grin
Eligibility Review Started: Feb 11 2022
Ordered GCMS notes: Since March 24th Not yet received
BVL/PPR: Very very very very very soon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This should encourage some people here never to give up.

All the best guys.

Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by HouseRavenclaw: 9:48pm On May 29, 2022
Filanodivine:

Did you try mailing all their emails and submitting a webform?

I have done everything. I've sent four webforms, multiple emails and reached out to them via an MP. I've also ordered GCMS notes and all the responses have been "under review" and "in queue for processing".

It's important to note that they've gotten back to me twice since October to ask for additional information but it was finalized since February and I haven't heard anything since then. Even my GCMS file shows they haven't worked on my medicals since the month I submitted. I'll just keep sending emails.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 9:51pm On May 29, 2022
makano:
Hello All

For those of you waiting for so long(not those that applied last month or 2 months ago) for a final decision from IRCC, find below the format that have been working for my applicants.. Make sure you send this mail 8 - 10 times everyday (If you really want a response from IRCC)

And please avoid Plagiarism, do not copy and paste. Edit and re-edit and re-edit and re-edit constructively..

There you go.

Dear Visa Officer,

I am so sorry for the numerous emails. It is not my intention to send you numerous emails but due to the need to make ample preparation.

I have many responsibilities as a xxxxxxxxxx to make adequate preparation for my family in Nigeria before I leave to complete my studies at xxxxxxxxxx. I also have deadlines to meet to be eligible for the co-op placement at school scheduled to start xxxxxxxx [/b]and my physical presence is mandatory to partake of this as a pre-requisite to the course which I have completed 50% in my country home Nigeria.

Lastly, I belong to a residential association which I have to make preparations to hand over my duties to my assistant which I would need ample time ahead before resumption in first week in [b]xxxxxxxxxxx

I hereby appeal to you as a honorable member of IRCC in Nairobi, Kenya to assist in finalizing my study permit application.

I am hopeful that as soon as this application is finalized there will be no need for me to keep sending this emails.

Please also note that I got a medical request on xxxxxxxxxx which was passed on xxxxxxxxxxx and I also got a biometrics validity letter on the xxxxxxxxxxx but no follow up email on decision since then.

I look forward to your next line of actions to enable me prepare ahead .

Thank you

Full name: Buhari Jonathan Osibanjo

UCI: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Application number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It will surely end in praise for you all..

Peace

Nice!. To the nairobi email address right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Wesay01(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2022
Submitted April did my biometric may 11
My cousin is 3rd party right

kweje:

Dear Wesay01,
Sorry once again. We know its a tough one to absorb.
This is definitely a generic response. Like i said in my last post, if you are willing to share more information about your application, you will get pointers while you wait for GCMS notes. Details like who was you sponsor, what is it 3rd party? Did you prove the relationship well enough? What documents did you submit etc…when did you apply?

For the GCMS notes, a Canadian resident(temporary or permanent) can order for you. You can reach out to @Technix or @Anon123 via their handles on this forum.

I pray you get it the next time.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jojophillips: 10:00pm On May 29, 2022
Thanks Makano, I just sent you an email.

Regards.

makano:
Hello jojophilips

Sorry for the late response.. Find below my Gmail add..

makanoglobalservices@gmail.com

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Filanodivine(m): 10:07pm On May 29, 2022
Crystalng:
PPR TESTIMONY!

I submitted on March 11, 2022
Upfront Medical submitted: 21st March 2022
Medical passed: 25th March 2022
Eligibility started: April 28, 2022
PPR: May 28, 2022 email came this morning by 9am
First time applicant with no travel history
Sponsored by my elder sister (31 years old)
I am not married and I have no kids only family ties I have are my parents and siblings.

Submitted my personal bank statement with about 7m
My sister’s bank statement with 21m
Landed property worth 15m
Poultry farm worth about 25m not sure again
Receipt for full tuition fee for the first year (tuition was paid from my sister’s account)
My sister’s Pension certificate
My sister’s evidence of employment
My own evidence of employment (pay slips, work ID, appointment letter, introduction letter)
IELT with 7.5 overall score
Family pictures
My birth certificate and that of all my siblings
SOP
Letter of explanation for lump sum in sponsor’s account (property sold)
Sponsorship letter and affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of explanation explaining all the documents I submitted for the application
These are the key documents, LOA and others were submitted too

As an agent it has always been my job to tell my clients to be patient and relax, but when it came to my turn, it was hard for me to follow my own advice Knowing how unpredictable the Canadian process works.

So I put all my trust in God because nobody can guarantee Canada study permit except God! I drew strength from Psalm 33, each time I get worried I will pray and reassure myself of God’s promises to me with that particular bible verse.

Along the line, I discovered this thread on nairaland and started coming here to draw strength from people’s PPR testimonies. I am happy to share my testimony today. Lol I was at the Gym when the email came � people were looking at me crazy � I ran home immediately to share the news with my family.

I know how you feel reading this right now, you will pray a silent prayer and then go and check your portal. Don’t worry God will come through for yo, with God you can never lose

With God you can never lose! when God shows up He shows off. My God never fails, Odogwu!!

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by mamoskay: 10:07pm On May 29, 2022
No. Single applicant

peace2007:

Please did you apply as a family?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 10:08pm On May 29, 2022
Give more information now

How much was in your bank statement
How much was is your cousins statement?
Did you submit work documents etc .

If you want a response addressing what you might have done wrong, you need to explain details in your application.

And yes, your cousin is a third party sponsor.

However, give details.
Is this cousin married? Does he/she have dependents? Did you submit documents showing past sponsorship or close relationship with this cousin.

People here might be able to help out with pointing out what you did wrong so that you can reapply ASAP

Wesay01:
Submitted April did my biometric may 11
My cousin is 3rd party right

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Uzoamaka123: 10:18pm On May 29, 2022
Hello everyone,

Quick one pls.

Do I need a swift code directly from the school to apply for form A (sending to Flywire, then they send to school on my behalf )

On the Form A application, the part that has the Bank account details and then correspondence bank name, is it flywire i’m supposed to fill there or my school details ?

Pls note that my school dint give any account details except a link to pay through flywire .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Osemigho: 10:33pm On May 29, 2022
Kurukuru:
My people if you want to apply for a study permit, be ready to provide funds for your entire stay NOT THE ONE YEAR that is on their website o
The below new jurisprudence is an ambush many VOs will be using now.
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2022/2022fc728/2022fc728.html?autocompleteStr=2022%20FC%20728%20&autocompletePos=1

I may have missed something, but I summarized it as:

JR refused because applicant didn't demonstrate sufficient fund for the complete duration of the program. Applicant argued that s/he only required to show sufficient fund for one year, and did that with over 70,000 CAD shown in different bak account.

However, the court sided with visa officer that, although that is required, it is also important that applicant demonstrate existing fund will not be completely depleted and funds will be available for whole duration of the program either through money in the bank or evidence of employment sufficient to cover year 3-4.

Conclusion: Applicants should remember to submit their and sponsor source of income to back up their statement of account. These documents are as important as a statement of account.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (920)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.