Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,947 members, 7,873,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 - Travel (733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (960204 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (920) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemenzo: 5:49am On Jun 26, 2022
Fardowsa:

haha, grin i already ordered my gcms notes, it's just that i was so angry when i saw that letter, o ka mi lara gaan ni

Thank you sir

Same here. The feeling is same everywhere. It is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Blakmandk: 7:14am On Jun 26, 2022
thank you for this breakdown.
I’ve a few questions.
When I applied, my sponsor provided 2 statement of account showing balances of 6m and 2m.
My personal account statement was showing a balance of 1m & I’ve provided my crypto wallet balance showing a balance of 2000usdt.
My tuition is CAD$8000 for each year (2years diploma). I paid a deposit of CAD$3400.
I want to ask, is this funds provided enough as my pof for 2years because I’m getting scared. I’ve submitted my application and biometrics since April 26 and I’m yet to get a response since then. It’s been 8weeks already and nothing has come through. Though I’ve my Medicals next week. So I don’t know if I’ll get a response after my Medicals.
I’ll be glad if you can help with a breakdown of my funds too.
ShowYoung:

You need to show the following:
1. Tuition fee $36,000 (2 years).
2. Living expenses $20,000 (2 years).
3. Miscellaneous expenses $3000+
TOTAL: $59,000. (#19,765,000 @$1/335)

If this amount of money is not in your account and you have just only one-year expenses with you, the onus is on you to prove beyond reasonable doubts to convince the VO that the funds for the second year will be available and will be provided by your sponsor by either showing investments, business with good cashflow or something more. Apart from this, you must also prove that the sponsor has no responsibility on anyone else and that the funds is solely meant for your study.

In order to avoid these provings and explanations, it is better if the total fund is available.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Toceen2022: 7:20am On Jun 26, 2022
shinaxurdick:
hello toceen, like you know a lot about mpower, please i want to know if one of the university mpower partner with is having a diploma program and i got admitted to the 2 years program of business administration (accounting) please can my loan be approved? I just want to know before i start
Hello,
If your school is part of Mpower approved institutions, you have a greater chance of receiving the loan. Although, I've heard people saying diploma or certificate programs are not eligible, but personally, I've not come across anything of such in any of the Webinar I've attended... I'll advise you email Mpower and give details of your school and program, or use their chat option to get tips.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Herlymah1295: 7:47am On Jun 26, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Based on what have been discussed on this platform in the past, FATHER, MOTHER, SIBLINGS are the best sponsors, but in the context of an Aunty as a sponsor even though she's related to your mum, she should be someone who have had an impact in your life before in terms of your progress e.g Probably paid your tuition while in school, or supported you financially one way or the other in the past, so I feel there is nothing with that. There are people on this platform who have used uncles , aunties as their sponsor, so you might need to learn one or two things from them.

In her bank account, she needs to have the money for your tuition, your compulsory one year living expenses "$10,000 CAD and show the availability of your other one year expenses or how the money will be available for your one year living expenses if your program is 2-years duration.

Also she needs to show that even after portraying the capability to sponsor you, she will still have funds available in her bank account to take of herself and her family or business, so that the Visa Officer won't think all the funds in her account as a sponsor is solely for you.

Await further inputs from the gurus and other members of this platform as regards this because it's not always about the huge amount of money available, your demonstration of relationship with your aunty, and legit demonstration/proof of the funds is also very important

About Possible Documents you need from her,

- Sponsorship Letter
- Sworn Affidavit of Support
- Tuition fee Payment Receipt from School
- Telex Receipt (Tuition Payment Receipt from Bank) to the SCH.
- Sponsor's 6 months Bank Statement of Account
- Bank Reference Letter (Addressed to the High Commission of Canada)
- Sponsor's International Passport Data pages & stamped visa pages showing travel Histories (if any)
- CAC Certificate of Business Incorporation & other attached documents (if she owns a business)

You will need the following documents from her if she's a Government Staff or working in a firm, organization etc.
- Sponsor's Letter of Appointment
- Sponsor's Last Letter of Promotion
- Sponsor's Letter of Retirement (if retired from service)
- ID Card (while in Active service)
- Last Pay Slip
- Picture of her (your Aunty) and You (a picture with her as an adult & a picture of you with her as a young girl)

Once again , await further inputs from others

Regards

Thank you so much @lekiboboe

She’s been a huge part of my life from the start which is the reason she’s sponsoring me now. I’ll make sure to highlight that. Grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jaiyeola007: 8:18am On Jun 26, 2022
Please who can link me to police officers that does police report, please guys I’ll like to do it tomorrow Lekiboboe ShowYoung Anon123 Teemenzo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Silvaplum: 8:19am On Jun 26, 2022
Hello gurus, kindly help!. I intend applying for winter 2023, I studied Accountancy Bsc, graduated since 2013 with 2.2. I have been working on and off. Right now I own a business which I have managed for over 4years. Can someone suggest a good school for me in a city with job opportunities? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by jojophillips: 8:38am On Jun 26, 2022
jojophillips:

Hi Guys... pls do my dependents (children) need study permit visa or what category of visa do they need?
because i see i am to fill in IMM294E and iMM5257 forms for minors?

Please i am about to submit and need help on this. Thanks in advance

cc @Lekiboboe

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Fred98: 8:44am On Jun 26, 2022
Pls how do you order gcms note?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 8:44am On Jun 26, 2022
BenedictStinson:

Omo I have already extended flywires deadline once. How I wan take extend am again. This people should just try and hurry up o

No need to create another one. If it expires the payment will still work. That is what happened to me and my banker advised that if I change the receipt on the platform it will make the process longer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by sinorte: 9:04am On Jun 26, 2022
Qlife makes open slots available on Mondays 9:00am. Be on the lookout

SaniceSanice123:

I’m in Lagos. They said there booking is only on Mondays. Do you know the time frame for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by kiari: 9:09am On Jun 26, 2022
Teemie22:
I’m tired of sending mail and Webform, seems it’s a general issue. I did upfront medical in March. It will surely end in praise.
Just keep sending the mail it will update. Mine eventually did. I sent email 2days and attached my e-medical info sheet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Shegzymilan(m): 9:15am On Jun 26, 2022
Iykevirgo:
Hmmm.. This feeling of being rejected isn't funny.�
I applied March 22, only to be served breakfast on June 16th.

Reason:
Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

My Tuition fee was about #43k for a 1 year program
POF: cad $ 11,000 in savings and cad $50,000 study loan.

I thought this was sufficient, since the total covers everything.

Please,gurus in the house,any advice on how to fire back with a stronger application would be much appreciated. What I have done differently?
Let us link up we have same issue. Message me Shegzymilan@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 9:15am On Jun 26, 2022
Good morning and happy sunday everyone,

I want to ask, for sale of land for POF with outstanding balance yet to be paid, what document can be used as proof of the transaction since a deed of assignment is not viable due to the outstanding payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teemie22: 9:37am On Jun 26, 2022
kiari:

Just keep sending the mail it will update. Mine eventually did. I sent email 2days and attached my e-medical info sheet.
Okay, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chefbella: 9:41am On Jun 26, 2022
jojophillips:

cc @Lekiboboe

Anyone accompanying you to canada needs visitors visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 9:44am On Jun 26, 2022
SaniceSanice123:
So the first was question asked about the medicals at the webinar hostess by Abuja IRCC, the second mark was the answer given. They said if you are applying without submitting your medicals, when it out, you can submit as soon as possible.

That means I need to hold on and do the Medicals first. But do I need to wait for the medical result or just have the document to upload?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Chefbella: 9:44am On Jun 26, 2022
Fred98:
Pls how do you order gcms note?

https://www.getgcms.com/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Gaiusxoxo(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2022
Hello everyone, I sent my police clearance certificate via Webform on Monday. 6days ago I copied Nairobi vfs and Lagos vfs, I haven't gotten any response on my mail since then either it has been received or not, is this normal ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 9:58am On Jun 26, 2022
tytmed:

That means I need to hold on and do the Medicals first. But do I need to wait for the medical result or just have the document to upload?
Go to the hospital and ask them for the result. Scan and then upload. Some hospitals also upload the result within 3-5days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 9:59am On Jun 26, 2022
sinorte:
Qlife makes open slots available on Mondays 9:00am. Be on the lookout

Thank You. Is it possible I can get slot early July?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by maxio22(m): 10:08am On Jun 26, 2022
Good morning gurus in the house, I must commend you guys for the great work you guys are doing. Something have been giving me sleepless night,I want to summit my study visa application. But my concern here is that ,i have had earlier been denied U.k visiting visa around February this year,based on financial purposes and some documents i submitted are contradicting from the one I am about to summit with candian student permit. Please my question here as follows;
One .should I mention to the VO about my U.k refusal or should I just not talk about it? Two. Can the VO / Canadian embassy get a hold of all the documents I submitted to the U.k embassy or should it be only the result of the refusal they will see?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 10:13am On Jun 26, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

Go to the hospital and ask them for the result. Scan and then upload. Some hospitals also upload the result within 3-5days.

So I have to wait for the result to submit my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 10:20am On Jun 26, 2022
maxio22:
Good morning gurus in the house, I must commend you guys for the great work you guys are doing. Something have been giving me sleepless night,I want to summit my study visa application. But my concern here is that ,i have had earlier been denied U.k visiting visa around February this year,based on financial purposes and some documents i submitted are contradicting from the one I am about to summit with candian student permit. Please my question here as follows;
One .should I mention to the VO about my U.k refusal or should I just not talk about it? Two. Can the VO / Canadian embassy get a hold of all the documents I submitted to the U.k embassy or should it be only the result of the refusal they will see?

It is better to be honest and explain what happened in your LOE. Uk, US and canada share visa information. So if you don’t tell them they will still know. My friend that applied for study permit took a really long time and when she sent email they told her it’s because they are waiting to hear from the UK immigration on why she stayed there longer than stated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 10:21am On Jun 26, 2022
tytmed:

Normally you would be given a receipt-like 1 page document after your medicals to show that you have undergone the tests, that is the document you are to upload anytime you wish.

You will not be give the result of your test, it is sent to IRCC directly within 3-5 days of you taking the tests.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by SaniceSanice123: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2022
tytmed:

You can submit your application and later upload the results
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Teezkid: 10:21am On Jun 26, 2022
If you have had any sort of refusal for any visa, it will be best to mention your refusal on your IMM form smiley
maxio22:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by johnstan(m): 10:22am On Jun 26, 2022
johnstan:
Good morning and happy Sunday everyone,

I want to ask, for sale of land for POF with outstanding balance yet to be paid, what document can be used as proof of the transaction since a deed of assignment is not viable due to the outstanding payment?

Any ideas?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by oluayebenz: 10:46am On Jun 26, 2022
maxio22:

If you really want to package this kind of application to Canadian embassy then the truth is Canada is not for you....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2022
maxio22:
your only job is to answer “YES” you have been denied a visa to any country because you have if not face the consequences.

You don’t need to talk about the refusal reasons

Answering yes doesn’t affect a decision on your application
Good luck !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 26, 2022
johnstan:

Normally you would be given a receipt-like 1 page document after your medicals to show that you have undergone the tests, that is the document you are to upload anytime you wish.

You will not be give the result of your test, it is sent to IRCC directly within 3-5 days of you taking the tests.

The document given to you after your medical examination is what you will submit to IRCC via webform and email but if you need a copy of your medical result for personal use, you can send email to
iomlagosclinicalteam@iom.int

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 11:13am On Jun 26, 2022
Itsdone2022:
Its PPR!!!!! Jesus did it for my family....all Glory to God!!!!!!

Timeline

Upfront medicals for family: 5th of May
Application submitted: 2nd of June
Biometrics: 7th of June and updated same day
Medical Updated: 20th of June for me
PPR: 20th of June
Hubby: Study visa
Spouse: SOWP
Kids: study permit though they are American citizens

• All IMM forms
• POF documents
Scholarship letter
Evidence of acceptance fee payment
Sponsor’s coy account & documents (mother-in-law)
Sponsor’s personal account & mutual fund accts
Letter of sponsorship
Affidavit of support
Landed property for Sponsor
Applicant’s mutual fund acct
Spouse’s mutual fund acct
Letter of consent from spouse

• Client Info
SOP (4 pages)
Employment letter
ID card
Resume
Letter of introduction from company
4 months payslip
Pension account
Property valuation doc & Title document
MSc & BSc certificates
Professional certificates
NYSC certificate
Family pictures & many pictures with sponsor
Police clearance certificate
General IELTS

Few things to note:
****We used a conditional letter but wrote a letter stating that the ASUU strike was causing a delay in fulfilling the conditions of the letter****.
1. Sponsor transferred to my hubby’s account & he moved it to his mutual funds acct. We did a POF breakdown that showed the money we had was more than enough to cover the study duration.
2. For the kids LOA, hubby wrote a letter quoting the Canada immigration law that states the kids don’t need to have an admission offer before coming. Only their birth certificate was uploaded.
3. There was a table of content for every section.
4. Under my SOWP, I submitted the same SOP my husband used. Didn’t write a different one. I also added my own credentials and CV in my Client Info section.
5. A week after submission, we sent our salary bank statements & his study leave letter.
6. We have valid UK & US visas. Submitted all prior visas and stamped pages.
7. Most importantly, lots of prayers and praise.

A lot of questions were answered for me just by reading this thread. I pray that this inexplicable joy goes round in Jesus name!!!!!

Congratulations oh. I key into this in Jesus name.
I don’t intend to add my kids to the application because it will increase my POF funds but there are American citizens. Will it be an issue if I just show up with them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by tytmed: 11:15am On Jun 26, 2022
johnstan:

Oh I see thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (920)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.