Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,714 members, 7,882,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:07 AM

Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 (19121 Views)

Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) / 11 Trucks Of Almajirai Entering Cross River Intercepted By Task Force / Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by lalasticlala(m): 5:11pm On Jan 26, 2022
It is becoming increasingly frustrating as a young man in this Lagos. Even when young men like us are trying so hard to make a legitimate source of livelihood.

Please read through my ordeal as at now since 12pm today... @TrafficChiefNG @lagostraffic961 @Gidi_Traffic

I took a trip from ago Palace heading to police station Costain with my riders in the car. Obviously we were left at the fate of following the @googlemaps on abebe village Road the map said to navigate left @followlastma @genakhena...

No signage stating that there was no left turn allowed. To be on the safe side we thought to ask someone along the road if it was one-way or to even help describe to us where the police station is situated...

While still making enquiries, suddenly a yellow bus intercepted our car and was instructed to wind down my glass... Which I did and they opened the car door, removed my car key and told me to step out of the car...

Still trying to get get proper clarification on the one way rule, where there was no signage, the young man zoomed off with my car with one of the passengers still in the car...

They took us with their bus, and brought us to where they claim to be their office, at Apapa Iganmu local Govt. Wrote a ticket of 25,500naira to be paid or leave my vehicle at the compound....

I told them that there was no signage stating it was one way. The man said "you're supposed to know". The passengers have both left me to my fate and gone on with their days business...

I am stuck here with them for the whole day, and they have refused to take me to the spot to prove the one way / no turn signage... I don't know anyone to call to put in a good word for my car to be released...

My honourable @jidesanwoolu @followlasg @followlastma @TrafficChiefNG @Gidi_Traffic @genakhena @segalink please how do we move forward like this. I need my car released so I can return to my legitimate livelihood... Please RT until I'm released. Thank you

I feel this is a travestry of Justice and inhumane to say the least...

https://twitter.com/banillionmedia/status/1486323094243491842?t=TAI7nDklQmmXijJiPO7efg&s=08

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by DispatcherLagos: 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
It's becoming unbecoming here in Lagos. Every Tom, dick and Harry on uniform wants to extort.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by sirrotex: 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2022
This is obviously a scam. It is not the duty of any local government official to arrest passengers plying one-way. If these people are genuine your car would be at the Ikeja or Oshodi lastma office. As regards the road sign, the onus is on them to prove that it's one-way. Also note that there is no fine for plying one-way, the punishment is impounding of the vehicle. Ask that the matter be charged to the mobile court and you would see how fast the story would change

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by laughitall(m): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Hmm
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by slawormiir: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Lagosians haven't seen anything yet

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Romanoff(f): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
How much e dey make?

Reminds me of one time I was passing Mabushi express, a VIO gang intercepted this taxi driver and were obviously trying to impound his car.

Na so baba climb on top him car begin comot cloth o.

Only God knows how the matter ended.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lagos state government is always frustrating legitimate business owners with various extortions as levies and tax.Even with all this multiple extortions as taxes the state is still the highest debtor.All the money goes to the bullion vans owner in bourdillon.
Besides,are you not supposed to pay at the bank?

24 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Jjgodson231: 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2022
Purr
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by flexxyworld(m): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
It’s really stressful driving in Lagos these days, it’s those silly daily contributions wey pass their salary there push them to behave like nuisance. All those 5k pack one million. You need to have strong military or political connect to have peace of mind on the road. Sorry about your plight bro

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Mjanee(f): 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
For what exactly
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Adabar: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
How can the name of the apprehending officer be dept? Bros, shine your eyes oh. That receipt is easy to print. Please don't be winding down like that for anyone except the person has a gun-

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by chloride6: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
I have paid 25k on two occasions to LASTMA.

Both for one way offences that were not obvious.

Both inside VI..

My friend paid 150k at University road in Yaba (He actually landed in mobile court).

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Iamfavored: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2022
May you get justice.
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by JosephXavier: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
I encountered similar problem

Mine was that the LASMA told us that we wanted to turn and therefore caused confusion which we don't do.

Those people are using drivers to cash out

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by ikay00406(m): 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
Sue them

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
Lagos NA WA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by ignis: 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
Tinubu's standard

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by jaxxy(m): 5:25pm On Jan 26, 2022
The usual extortion by the numerous unknown Lagos state traffic agents. They are touts/semi illiterates who think they know it all and are not there to help or guide u bt take undue advantage of u after internationally setting u up for their well prepared traffic offense traps.

Like hyenas they watch, waiting and lay ambush. No signage or atom of responsibility towards road users or ensure they are guided or not misled. Rather the goal is to actually mislead u and blatantly extort u.

This is like a criminal extortion syndicate and nothing less.

The mega city!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Thylord(m): 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
Keep tagging all the necessary agencies involve.and ask to charge to their mobile court if you are very sure that you did not ply one way.

My people of Nigeria,I present to you,your next presido,young, strong and energetic.
The commander in chief of every every.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
Agbero and Criminals too much for Lagos.

I'm sure those must be Tiunbu's boys in action angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Bobloco: 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
This is one of the reason why Lagos State is regarded as the second most unlivable city in the world after Damascus the capital of war thorne syria

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Help2020: 5:26pm On Jan 26, 2022
I was a victim of this years ago. The lured us into the one way only to impound our car later. My God see u through. By the way I salute ur polished English.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by West2019(m): 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2022
Tinubu is a thief , i know someone that is a taxforce here in Lagos State a sgt has 17 bus how come .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by GeneralOjukwu: 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2022
angry

If he is guilty... God catch am. If innocent, wish him alll the best!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:28pm On Jan 26, 2022
MC Oloumo people

Miscreants

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2022
n
Re: Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 by naptu2: 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2022

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana Cancels $2bn Rail MoU For 'Breach Of Confidentiality' / Railway Project: Lagos To Close Akanni Doherty Street / Air Peace, Ibom Air, Commence Daily Flights To Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.