Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,538 members, 7,975,125 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:24 PM

Is It Ok To Sell Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ok To Sell Salvation? (560 Views)

A Male Campus Pastor Paying Female Members Personal Visitation."alone"....ok?? / Filing Tax Returns On Your Tithes And Charitable Gifts, Is It Ok In God's Eyes? / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Ok To Sell Salvation? by sleekman(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2011
I recently stumbled on this quote by Archbishop Desmond Tutu

“When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said, ‘Let us pray.’ We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.”- Desmond Tutu

So I ask is salvation actually for sale or is it a ploy to extort money from ignorant men. We all know that in the old testament the instruction was 10% but was that practiced by the early Christians? The norm was to bring what you felt you wanted to give and that brought about actual communism between christains. Every member of the early church was taken care of. Is it ok to practice capitalism in church and let the poor suffer? Can you hear from God in the presence of so much folly? Is it ok to build millions/billions edifice while real christains suffer in hunger, penury, disease. One country I love very much is Sweden. Everyone is taken care of. A billionaire lives in the same flat as does a commoner. I'm not saying capitalism is bad but I believe in a common ground. Capitalism makes people work and creative while communism caters for all thereby fostering sound security and common good.

My people help me think am.

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Sermon / Did God Made Any Mistake By Creating Adam As An Adult? / Spirit Healing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.