Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,657 members, 7,918,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:10 PM

How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? (751 Views)

I Wouldn't Have Been Married If My Wife Didn't Ask Me This Question; Man Reveals / It Is Wrong To Ask “how Was Your Night?” – Here’s Why. / Ladies If You Were To Ask A Guy Out, What Lines Or Moves Would You Make? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? by henryjos: 12:52am On Jan 28, 2022
Before a guy decides whether he wants to ask you out on a date or not, the first thing that comes into play is attraction. It makes perfect sense that you have to get the guy's attention first, right? Well, grabbing his attention is not the end of the story because he has to be interested in you too. Sure you get those glances from men whenever you walk into a bar or coffeehouse but does someone actually come up to you and ask you for your number? Are there ways on how to get him to ask me out? The answer is YES.

Keep in mind that different guys have different preferences. Some strategies may seem foolproof for some men but others will make you work harder. It also boils down to the kind of woman you are vs the kind of woman he is looking for. Sometimes the earlier you accept that you are not his type, the better off everyone will be. Don't force it if the guy you want does not seem to be comfortable with a woman like you. Yes, it has a lot to do with compatibility so don't stress out about it too much. If a guy doesn't like you then there's not much you can do so pull yourself up and keep looking.

If you want a guy to notice you, you have to please him visually. Wear clothes that flatter your body shape and hug your curves. This does not mean however that you have to wear skimpy shorts or tight-fitting tops that leave nothing to the imagination. Dressing attractively does not always mean that you have to show more skin. Dress appropriately for the occasion and make sure you look polished all the time. Wear makeup that will enhance your natural beauty. Forget about orange and neon green eyeshadows unless you want to date a man who works in the circus. Men always notice women who look "put together".

It will also help you score a date with a guy if you smell nice. Wear a perfume that's not overpowering or appalling. Your scent is what is going to linger in his head so make sure you pick the right one. Men are not a big fan of scents that remind them of food so try to stay away from something that smells like chocolate or cinnamon. Vanilla is an exemption as men seem to be turned on with this aroma. Go for fresh, clean, fun, sexy and lightly floral scents.

So you got the looks department all figured out, what's next? Like what I said earlier, looking attractive will make men turn their heads on you but it's not enough to score a date. Multiple surveys confirm that men are most likely to come up with someone who looks friendly and approachable than a pretty chick who acts patronizing. What do you have to do? It's simple, smile and make eye contact. Your gorgeous smile is your best weapon! Guys are drawn to women who seem to have a sunny disposition. Nobody wants to come near a woman who looks crabby. Making eye contact is equally important. When you survey a room and you see a guy you like, wait for an opportunity to lock eyes with him. Be very careful though because you don't want to stare at him for too long. Patti Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker) stands by her 5-second rule. Make eye contact, smile, but only for 5 seconds and then look away. Several women have tried this strategy (including me) and it works like a charm!

Once the guy finally comes up to you, it's obvious that he wants to start a conversation. How do I get him to ask me out? You can do this by engaging him in a small positive talk. Give out a positive, fun vibe so he'll know that going out with you will be fun too.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? by 9182736455O1999(m): 1:13am On Jan 28, 2022
What if they ask the guy out?. will they die.
Re: How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? by WowSweetGuy(m): 1:17am On Jan 28, 2022
Na waa o. Did you study Romanceology in the university?!

Nice write up though!
Re: How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? by WoundedLamb: 1:45am On Jan 28, 2022
9182736455O1999:
What if they ask the guy out?.
will they die.

But your society frowns at that. Some y'all just say these things as if you live in a different world. Girls who actively go after boys have been called all sorts of names on this same platform. The other day, the lady who decided to go after her friend's cousin was called out. The lady who slid into the DM of a boy she found attractive was called a destiny killer after the guy happily brought the chat on here. People even advised him to use her and move on. DJ Cuppy merely taking pics with Anthony Joshua was immediately tagged an olosho even when it was obvious she's got her own.

I don't know, there could be many socio-cultural reasons for this. Some men feel it's a threat to their masculinity. Some can't just help sharing it with the world. Others believe such ladies sleep around. Whatever the case mat be, it's funny when these same men come online to ask "if they ask the guy out, will they die?"

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? by Mophor: 1:47am On Jan 28, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? by HopeNeverDies: 4:03am On Jan 28, 2022
Damnnn!!! There's definitely not a big deal if a Girl makes the first move...

Out of all my exes... Atleast two of them asked me out themselves... And I didn't take that shiii for Granted. Only nincompoops take it for granted and feel ontop of the world... Smh....
Re: How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:41am On Jan 28, 2022
WoundedLamb:

But your society frowns at that. Some y'all just say these things as if you live in a different world. Girls who actively go after boys have been called all sorts of names on this same platform. The other day, the lady who decided to go after her friend's cousin was called out. The lady who slid into the DM of a boy she found attractive was called a destiny killer after the guy happily brought the chat on here. People even advised him to use her and move on. DJ Cuppy merely taking pics with Anthony Joshua was immediately tagged an olosho even when it was obvious she's got her own.

I don't know, there could be many socio-cultural reasons for this. Some men feel it's a threat to their masculinity. Some can't just help sharing it with the world. Others believe such ladies sleep around. Whatever the case mat be, it's funny when these same men come online to ask "if they ask the guy out, will they die?"
take anything serious on the internet at your own peril. Don't worry yourself with what hypocrites say on social media.
it's only a foolisih boy that will drag a woman for shooting her shot.

besides i've seen relationships where the girl were the ones to make the first move and those girls were not condemed but was applauded for their boldness.
i don't think the society frowns at such.
Re: How Do I Get Him To Ask Me Out? by VanillaIyce(f): 8:10am On Jan 28, 2022
henryjos:
Before a guy decides whether he wants to ask you out on a date or not, the first thing that comes into play is attraction. It makes perfect sense that you have to get the guy's attention first, right? Well, grabbing his attention is not the end of the story because he has to be interested in you too. Sure you get those glances from men whenever you walk into a bar or coffeehouse but does someone actually come up to you and ask you for your number? Are there ways on how to get him to ask me out? The answer is YES.

Keep in mind that different guys have different preferences. Some strategies may seem foolproof for some men but others will make you work harder. It also boils down to the kind of woman you are vs the kind of woman he is looking for. Sometimes the earlier you accept that you are not his type, the better off everyone will be. Don't force it if the guy you want does not seem to be comfortable with a woman like you. Yes, it has a lot to do with compatibility so don't stress out about it too much. If a guy doesn't like you then there's not much you can do so pull yourself up and keep looking.

If you want a guy to notice you, you have to please him visually. Wear clothes that flatter your body shape and hug your curves. This does not mean however that you have to wear skimpy shorts or tight-fitting tops that leave nothing to the imagination. Dressing attractively does not always mean that you have to show more skin. Dress appropriately for the occasion and make sure you look polished all the time. Wear makeup that will enhance your natural beauty. Forget about orange and neon green eyeshadows unless you want to date a man who works in the circus. Men always notice women who look "put together".

It will also help you score a date with a guy if you smell nice. Wear a perfume that's not overpowering or appalling. Your scent is what is going to linger in his head so make sure you pick the right one. Men are not a big fan of scents that remind them of food so try to stay away from something that smells like chocolate or cinnamon. Vanilla is an exemption as men seem to be turned on with this aroma. Go for fresh, clean, fun, sexy and lightly floral scents.

So you got the looks department all figured out, what's next? Like what I said earlier, looking attractive will make men turn their heads on you but it's not enough to score a date. Multiple surveys confirm that men are most likely to come up with someone who looks friendly and approachable than a pretty chick who acts patronizing. What do you have to do? It's simple, smile and make eye contact. Your gorgeous smile is your best weapon! Guys are drawn to women who seem to have a sunny disposition. Nobody wants to come near a woman who looks crabby. Making eye contact is equally important. When you survey a room and you see a guy you like, wait for an opportunity to lock eyes with him. Be very careful though because you don't want to stare at him for too long. Patti Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker) stands by her 5-second rule. Make eye contact, smile, but only for 5 seconds and then look away. Several women have tried this strategy (including me) and it works like a charm!

Once the guy finally comes up to you, it's obvious that he wants to start a conversation. How do I get him to ask me out? You can do this by engaging him in a small positive talk. Give out a positive, fun vibe so he'll know that going out with you will be fun too.

Nice write up.

(1) (Reply)

I Never Knew Things Would Be This Hard. / STORY] Dirty Housewife Episode 1 – 14 / Cheating Husband- What Will You Do If You Are The Woman? (opinions Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.