Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,847 members, 7,889,842 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

Instrumentalists Playing For Churches for money. Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Instrumentalists Playing For Churches for money. Right Or Wrong? (437 Views)

Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists / CAN Criticises Churches For Inviting Nollywood Celebrities, Musicians & Comedian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instrumentalists Playing For Churches for money. Right Or Wrong? by Truvelisback(m): 1:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
Good day, Fellas. Is it right or wrong for instrumentalists to play for churches for money?
Re: Instrumentalists Playing For Churches for money. Right Or Wrong? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
It's not wrong, as long as you charge moderately or accept what you are paid, or would they prefer you play instrumentals for clubs? One cannot play for free otherwise how would one eat? Bible say that a man's gift make way for him, and a labourer deserves his wages.

3 Likes

Re: Instrumentalists Playing For Churches for money. Right Or Wrong? by Nbotee(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
If paster dey collect salary, why instrumentalists no go collect money? Some of them have to pay to learn using those instruments

2 Likes

Re: Instrumentalists Playing For Churches for money. Right Or Wrong? by Truvelisback(m): 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
It's not wrong, as long as you charge moderately or accept what you are paid, or would they prefer you play instrumentals for clubs? One cannot play for free otherwise how would one eat? Bible say that a man's gift make the a way for him, and a labourer deserves his wages.
U have a point. Before i use discourage instrumentalist from playing for Churches for money but when i became a an instrumentalist, i now realize the need to be paid. Another reason is that, when u play for free, some of these pastors tend to take u for granted. Infact, i regreted playing for a particular church for free because at the end, i was taken for granted. And when i needed a help from the pastor, she turned me down. Since then, i have made up my mind never to play for any Church for free. U must give me something, even if it's a Stipend. I'm a keyboardist.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Instrumentalists Playing For Churches for money. Right Or Wrong? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2022
Yes. Don't play for free, except the holyspirit specifically instructs you not to collect from a particular church. Church guys and their talents should be encouraged, they should not be chased out of church to take their talents to clubs, neither should they be pushed into "financial lack" just because they decided to use their talents in God's house.
Truvelisback:
U have a point. Before i use discourage instrumentalist from playing for Churches for money but when i became a an instrumentalist, i now realize the need to be paid. Another reason is that, when u play for free, some of these pastors tend to take u for granted. Infact, i regreted playing for a particular church for free because at the end, i was taken for granted. And when i needed a help from the pastor, she turned me down. Since then, i have made up my mind never to play for any Church for free. U must give me something, even if it's a Stipend. I'm a keyboardist.

1 Like

Re: Instrumentalists Playing For Churches for money. Right Or Wrong? by Truvelisback(m): 2:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
Yes. Don't play for free, except the holyspirit specifically instructs you not to collect from a particular church. Church guys and their talents should be encouraged, they should not be chased out of church to take their talents to clubs, neither should they be pushed into "financial lack" just because they decided to use their talents in God's house.
Yes, u are right. I remembered playing for a RCCG branch for free at Ogun state some years ago. They were nice to me in terms of giving and gifts. Infact, My choir uniform was sewn by them. Unlike some of these selfish pastors who only like to use u and enrich themselves.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Funny How In University, Religion Is Taught By Atheist! / Patience: The Childhood Friends Fell Out Over A Wedding Invitation. / I'm Falling Inlove With The Guy Who Disflower Me, I Didn't Plan For This Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.