Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,432 members, 7,901,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:54 AM

Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? (1001 Views)

Burnt meals,share your experience! / If You Were Born With A Silver Spoon You Won't Understand This Pic. / Abia Corper Wraps Her Spoon With A Nylon Before Eating With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by aboyaji(m): 10:52am On Jan 30, 2022
It's not up to 3 years I learnt to use a wooden spatula while cooking against the traditional stainless steel spoon we used over the years.

Does the stainless steel metal react with the water in the food being cooked and gets it burnt or what?

What's the reason behind this?

2 Shares

Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by aboyaji(m): 10:57am On Jan 30, 2022
MissyB3, tjskii
Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by Kriss216: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2022
Chef mariangeles, your attention is needed here.
Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by Mariangeles(f): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2022
Kriss216:
Chef mariangeles, your attention is needed here.

I don’t think the burning of the food had to do with the steel spoon.
It might be due to cooking on very high heat.
Although, there are some foods you shouldn’t stir until it’s done, otherwise, it’ll begin to burn before it’s cooked. Like jollof rice for example.

Kriss, Happy Sunday. smiley
Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by Kriss216: 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2022
Mariangeles:

Although, there are some foods you shouldn’t stir until it’s done, otherwise, it’ll begin to burn before it’s cooked. Like jollof rice for example.

I see most people cook with Garri turner . I find that weird and still don't know the notion for that.

Thanks Mariah.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by Vanilla4(f): 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2022
You might want to reduce the heat. The stainless steel spoon won't burn your food, less water content and high heat likely.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by Mariangeles(f): 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2022
Kriss216:

I see most people cook with Garri turner . I find that weird and still don't know the notion for that.

Thanks Mariah.

Yes.

If you’re making jollof, the type with enough sauce, you’ll need that stick to gently stir it.
There’s a way to do without provoking it, if not, it’ll retaliate by burning. cheesy
Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by Kriss216: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2022
Mariangeles:

Yes.

If you’re making jollof, the type with enough sauce, you’ll need that stick to gently stir it.
There’s a way to do without provoking it, if not, it’ll retaliate by burning. cheesy
Will the jollof rice still burn if I stir gently with steel spoon?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by Mariangeles(f): 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
Kriss216:

Will the jollof rice still burn if I stir gently with steel spoon?

No.
That is what I use.
Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by Kriss216: 12:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
Mariangeles:

No.
That is what I use.
Alright.

Thanks nwanyi oma.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by aboyaji(m): 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2022
Mariangeles:

Do you know, when you put a stainless steel spoon into your pot of beans and cook, it gets the beans done quicker?

Why do you think this is?
Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by Mariangeles(f): 1:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
aboyaji:

Do you know, when you put a stainless steel spoon into your pot of beans and cook, it gets the beans done quicker?

Why do you think this is?

It could be as a result of the minerals that are used to make steel, although, I’m yet to be totally convinced it gets beans done quicker.
If it does, I think it is something to be worried about.
Re: Why Does Stainless Steel Spoon Get Food Burnt Easily? by aboyaji(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2022
Mariangeles:

It could be as a result of the minerals that are used to make steel, although, I’m yet to be totally convinced it gets beans done quicker.
If it does, I think it is something to be worried about.

Ugbu a Ka I biara.
That's the more reason I had the suspicion that it gets food burnt.

On many occasions, it affected my food, my mom's (she's a caterer and warns his staff not to use metallic spoons in her food while on fire). No be today something.

In my own house, sometimes, I make such mistakes once in a while but come to my consciousness and switch to a wooden spatula.

Most times the metallic spoons makes the food boil unevenly.

Just this early morning, I prepared rice and beans, I almost forgot and tried using a metallic spoon, but still switched to a wooden spatula, forgot the food on fire and it didn't get burnt till it got done.

(1) (Reply)

Prime Hydration Drink / Soyabeans Recipe Handbook / Help: Need Locally Made Coffee Or Dried Cocoa Seeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.