Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition (10312 Views)

Julius Abure: Peter Obi Will Choose A Northern Muslim as Vice President / Enugu Governor Come To Mike Ejeagha's Aid, Pays Bills For Everyone In Hospital T / 2019: Faced With Two Options, Obasanjo Will Choose Atiku Over Buhari – Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by aspabay(m): 11:11am On Jan 30, 2022
Nnamani: Whoever Ugwuanyi chooses will be next Enugu governor… that’s our tradition
Nnamani: Whoever Ugwuanyi chooses will be next Enugu governor… that’s our tradition.

Ken Nnamani, former senate president, says it is up to Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, governor of Enugu, to choose his successor.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, Nnamani, who is a former governor of the state, said it has been the norm in Enugu since 1999 for the incumbent governor of the state to determine his successor.

The senator added that the state has enjoyed political harmony on account of adherence to zoning or rotation of key political offices between the three senatorial districts since 1999.

Nnamani, who is from Enugu east, was governor from 1999 to 2007; Sullivan Chime from Enugu west took over from 2007 to 2015, while Ugwuanyi from Enugu north will complete his second term by 202
It is expected that the governorship slot will return to Enugu east in 2023.

“We have a tradition in Enugu State politics. The governor is the leader who directs affairs. He will determine who succeeds him without compromising the electoral processes and whoever he chooses will be our next governor,” Nnamani said.

“I have absolute loyalty and respect for my governor who is also the leader of Ebeano political family. He has demonstrated capacity and leadership. We are waiting for him to lead the way to go in 2023 and we shall follow.

“All the aspirants belong to the Ebeano political family. One hundred percent of them are my primary, secondary and by-products. Some may have close affinity with me which explains the understandable speculations on whom I may be supporting. But it is the governor that will choose his successor. The political machinery in the state, including the Ebeano family, will be rolled out to support whomever he chooses.”

He advised those promoting division to desist, “because there is no war to be fought”.

“We are one family. Whoever emerges will be governor for all,” he said.

“No matter the machinations, conspiracies and subterfuges over the governorship primary of our party, we will have a successful transition under the leadership and guidance of our governor.

“It is understandable that some of those who are posturing are seeking for relevance or seeking for political appointments in other parties. That is the beauty of democracy.”

https://www.thecable.ng/nnamani-whoever-ugwuanyi-chooses-will-be-next-enugu-governor-thats-our-tradition

1 Like

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by BKayy: 11:29am On Jan 30, 2022
See why I tell my Igbo brothers and sisters to run away from PDP.
Run far away, as fast as possible. That party was built on the rock of "Godfatherism"

Imagine a government chosen by Ikpeazu and Ugwuanyi's Godfathers. Tụfịakwa

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by insidelife22(m): 11:33am On Jan 30, 2022
by the way,it is our Nkanu's turn.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by duro4chang(m): 11:43am On Jan 30, 2022
It is your tradition but if it happens in the other part of the country it now becomes a crime.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by okeysoninv: 11:58am On Jan 30, 2022
Nnamani and ugwuanyi the two iidiots that set the state backward. Enugu people should stop being zombie to all these efuluefu.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by greatiyk4u(m): 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2022
Nonsense and ingredient
Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by aspabay(m): 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2022
...and still they don't have water.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by BKayy: 12:27pm On Jan 30, 2022
okeysoninv:
Nnamani and ugwuanyi should two iidiots that set the state backward. Enugu people should stop being zombie to all these efuluefu.
Don't blame the players but the game. They represent what PDP means for SE.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Klington: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
Ken Nnamani and I'm seeing Sen Chimaroke Nnamani there.

If that is the case, then Enugu will soon be taken over by opposition party.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by FoolaniHellman: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
Tinubu Igbos nightmare comes to mind!

19 Likes

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Omicron007: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
shocked

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Yankiss(m): 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2022
lol. Not the electorate of Enugu state? Democracy on trial. I expect a refuttal from Ugwuanyi and Enugu people. This is a gross indictment of the state and the democratic process.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Foreigna2: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2022
Enugu people are more than stupid.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2022
That's Nigeria politics.

1 Like

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by wwwihy: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2022
Omo see headline

Journalism in Nigeria is Dead

So the journalist and the editors don't know the difference between Ken Nnamani (former Senate President) and Chimaroke Nnamani (the former Governor) and moderators on nairaland follow suit

10 Likes

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Myexdisturbs: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2022
aspabay:
Nnamani: Whoever Ugwuanyi chooses will be next Enugu governor… that’s our tradition
Nnamani: Whoever Ugwuanyi chooses will be next Enugu governor… that’s our tradition.

https://www.thecable.ng/nnamani-whoever-ugwuanyi-chooses-will-be-next-enugu-governor-thats-our-tradition
This is chimaroke Nnamani not ken Nnamani. Journalism has gone to the dogs

7 Likes

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2022
Who dash them tradition?
Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Guyman02: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2022
You will win elections in Enugu if Father Mbaka declares his support for you and he is not in good accord with Nnamani.

The Bet9ja scammer above is posting his signpost on every thread and the Mods seems helpless
Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Mko123(m): 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Foreigna2: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2022
This Wawa thing is actually real. Enugu people are so docile and dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by IamPatriotic(m): 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2022
Remove Ugwuanyin and put Tinubu, you'll see how pathetic yeebos will wail uncontrollably.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Emekaonline: 3:01pm On Jan 30, 2022
aspabay:

I thought many biafools call Tinubu godfather in Lagos? So how is that different with what is happening in your land? I have never seen people of highest hypocricy in my like like Igbo

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by ZombieTERROR: 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2022
undecided

Rubbish

The people will choose the next Governor because Ugwanyi is a failure

2 Likes

Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by michoim(m): 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2022
BKayy:
See why I tell my Igbo brothers and sisters to run away from PDP.
Run far away, as fast as possible. That party was built on the rock of "Godfatherism"

Imagine a government chosen by Ikpeazu and Ugwuanyi's Godfathers. Tụfịakwa
Yeah, but they won't listen as usual. Always going astray politically. Though they are genius in trade and commerce...
Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by chrisxxx(m): 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2022
How could it be Ken Nnamani? Ken Nnamani was Senate President. This should be Chimaroke Nnamani. Our journalist self.
Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Dreambeat: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2022
aspabay:

Chimaraoke not Ken. Ken was the senate president, Chimaraoke was a governor.
Re: Nnamani: Ugwuanyi Will Choose Will Be Next Enugu Governor, That’s Our Tradition by Belleful: 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
Imagine the order-city abi na temirity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto's Commissioner Of Science And Technology Who Resigned Meets Tinubu / The Worst Of Labour Party Is Better Than The Best Of APC, Says Kenneth Okonkwo / EFCC: The New Man Not Many Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.