Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,153 members, 7,896,907 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 02:12 AM

What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? (12060 Views)

Interview With Relatives Of Sofiat Kehinde Lady Killed For Rituals In Abeokuta / Prison Officials Beat Up Relatives Of Dead Prisoner For Protesting / Photos Of Criminals Arrested By Police In Kano And Weapons Recovered. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by legennd2: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2022
AppliedReason:

Is society tolerant of such people despite their innocence?

It will never be alright, even after a hundred years, the matter will not be forgotten, even those who were not born will learn of it.
This is why I will advise everyone to live as rightly as possible, to save their family and unborn relative from eternal shame.
the consequences for your actions do not end with you, it affects family, friends and neighbours, this is the truth.
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by muheeb01(m): 9:35am On Jan 31, 2022
That's why they said train your child well so that he or she will give you peace of mind....A good name is better than Gold and silver
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by blaquebelle: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2022
Bros I understand what you mean. Well, I thank God nobody in my lineage is that heartless grin grin
lexander:
you know that ritual killing at the end of the day is still murder and no one can be responsible for the actions of another ,yes its the duty of parents and guardians to advice but it's left for the individual to choose his actions. How would you feel if you're arrested by the police and sentenced to life or given a death sentence because your brother whom you haven't seen for over 10 years was involved in a murder case ?
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Fhowe: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
it is not really a big deal ,things have changed just moving to the neighbouring town or city is enough people don't really care anymore these days
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by thinkmoney(m): 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
Holywizard:
When I was in junior secondary school, my friend's dad was caught at his place of work stealing big iron bars and rods as he was working at the welding department, the news went viral because he claimed to be a christian.
The following day, his son who happened to be my friend visited me and I followed him to their house and I stayed back very late. When I came back, my mom flogged me as if I was a thief for following a thief's son. She was like, since his father was a thief, he was likely to teach his son too. From crying, I started laughing but I still couldn't stop following the guy as we were game lovers
Ok, I get now. You guys were also a thief. Abi wetin game boy mean again sef?
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by AppliedReason: 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2022
phorget:
Why would you categories fraud and nudity to crimes like kidnappings, murder or robberies? Crimes are in different league for sure.
Most relatives in Nigeria would always be proud of their sons or daughters who is into fraud of course.

Not like I am putting them in the same league, but say someone close to you has a leaked sextape. How would your mutual friends react to it?
Say how far, that guy wey just hail us pass now, him sister get sextape.
You get
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by AppliedReason: 2:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
OceanEye:
Life is not just fair . ... Alot are there, coiled in a corner.

But then, we have to understand that we too much celebrate crimes in our society, especially those 'soft crimes'. Must parents think it is like mining gold from a magic box?

I swear, only the people who are in this situations would understand, coiled in a corner as you put it.

Las Las its all just luck cause you can never vouch for your relatives or friends.

Say now them catch my brother for armed robbery. To the people within my proximity, my secondary description becomes "the armed robbers brother"

God help us
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by AppliedReason: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
Moneyboyz:
Years ago, a woman sent her son to buy something from a trader not far from their house, while the trader stood up to go bring the product the boy stole peak milk and hid it in his clothes but the woman caught him and gave him a dirty slap.

The boy went home crying to his mother, instead of her to caution the boy, she stood up and followed the boy back to the trader shop to fight.
Naso she carey that tin milk can and threw it at the woman, the woman fell, hit her head and died.

She was arrested and the rest of the family moved out of our community and abandoned their house till now. But till today people still point at that house as the house of the woman who killed iya lagbaja.
This happened over 15 years ago.

Exactly, these stains have a way of enduring through time. Na so the gist will be passed from generation to generation.

It's even crazier for the yorubas who do family background checks before marriage
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by AppliedReason: 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2022
blaquebelle:
If you ask me, relatives of those involved in ritual killings should be incarcerated as well. Maybe that way people can begin to caution their loved ones and monitor them for such acts. Especially those silly parents that encourage their kids into yahoo and rituals.

Just imagine the parents of that Jos yahoo killer were already trying to help him escape.

I get where you are coming from, but that measure is a little extreme. Lemme ask you, can you absolutely vouch for what your relatives have done ,are doing right now or will do in the future?
You never can know what's truly in the hearts of men
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Holywizard: 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2022
thinkmoney:

Ok, I get now. You guys were also a thief. Abi wetin game boy mean again sef?
don't u know about Sega,PS1 and 2?
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by thinkmoney(m): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2022
Holywizard:
don't u know about Sega,PS1 and 2?
Oh sorry, if na me that time sef, I go still they follow the boy go house even though they said his father na murderer say e dey chop small boys. Game? Ah, that time that I was young, I go follow u reach anywhere oh.
But u sef no know who dey dey call gameboy ni? Aba!
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by Holywizard: 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
thinkmoney:

Oh sorry, if na me that time sef, I go still they follow the boy go house even though they said his father na murderer say e dey chop small boys. Game? Ah, that time that I was young, I go follow u reach anywhere oh.
But u sef no know who dey dey call gameboy ni? Aba!
na gameboy my papa no gree buy for us. He bought Sega and Ps1 for us, we used our hands buy PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 after.
Game na everything oo.
I prefer games to wide Toto grin
Re: What Becomes Of Family And Relatives Of Criminals Whose Crime Become Public? by thinkmoney(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2022
Holywizard:
na gameboy my papa no gree buy for us. He bought Sega and Ps1 for us, we used our hands buy PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 after.
Game na everything oo.
I prefer games to wide Toto grin
Bros, I for ask ur address now come sornd weekend with u, but as u done rate game pass toto (wide or narrow), I think say we no go fit move much. I go dey my dey

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Ogunjobi: 4 Men Arrested Over The Death Of 16-year-old Nigerian Boy In UK / Nigerian Brothers Robbed Of $1,800 By Fake Policemen In India / NDLEA Intercepts Fake Soldier With Drugs, Recovers ATM, Liquid Cannabis, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.