Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,694 members, 7,975,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 10:33 AM

Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? (41929 Views)

How South West Is Becoming A Hotbed Of Ritual Killings In Nigeria - TheCable / Secrets Of Ibadan Ritual Killings Uncovered / Metal Fabricator In Police Net On Suspicion Of Ritual Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Sheriman(m): 12:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
safarigirl:

You're welcome

If Nigerians are fighting to stop writing IELTS, errors like that will not help the cause.
Thank you Miss English. I love you grin grin
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Faber(m): 12:17pm On Jan 31, 2022
insidelife22:
Lemme show you what is prevalent in all of our country's regions.

Northeast-Boko haram.

North Central- Boko haram/bandits,Herdsmen.

Northwest- Boko haram/Herdsmen.

Southeast-Kiddnapping,Sit at home.

South south-militancy/Illegal refinaries,Kiddnapping.

Southwest-Skull mining/Ritual killings,Headquarters of fakelives yeyebrities.

You got it right 100%
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Legendoo: 12:18pm On Jan 31, 2022
Lol , Nigerians are always reactive not pro active.

We that saw all these and continued to warn Una, u say make we shut up , that Una want modernization by force.

The educated middle class are the dumbest thing that happened to Nigeria because of copy copy.

They encourage instead of criticizing.

Una never see something, because wetin dey ground pass ritual .
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by musicwriter(m): 12:18pm On Jan 31, 2022
Studio247:
There is hardly a week that we don't get report on Ritual killing.

It looks like almost every Nigerian youth wants to leave the life they see on Instagram.

Some want to leave that life at all cost.

Just as there is hardly a minute that celebrities don't display wealth on their pages, there is hardly a day we don't get news of ritual killings.

So, I talked to few people if what young people see on Instagram is responsible for the quest for fast richies, some agreed that Instagram is playing huge negative role in pushing some people into doing the wrong things.

And some said NO, every wealthy person can flunt their wealth as they like cos they worked for it .

Your opinion.

It's caused by STUPIDITY i.e stupid beliefs in black magic, Jesus, Mohamad. All of them are powerless.

Once you believe in any power outside of yourself, you become unrealistic and act irrationally.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Bahamas95(m): 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
Politicians like Dino who behave like teenagers on social media should be called to order.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by zeyt: 12:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
In my opinion it is lack of proper scientific education coupled with superstitious belief
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by LeyeWrites: 12:21pm On Jan 31, 2022
It's prevalently human nature.

The truth is Africans lack knowledge. That alone settles everything.

99% of everyone here don't even understand why they're on earth. Why life is created, and why they have to participate in it.

With that height of ignorance, it's easy to put money as the purpose of life. A measure of success and progress.

When you can't distinguish between success and progress as soul, this rottenness is what you get.

Let humanity go back to the understanding of what the purpose of life is. Until then, the more progress they seem to have the more advanced they're on the path of self-destruct, and ultimately will one day self-destruct.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2022
Instagram is cancerous. If I had my way I'd ban that useless app for good.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by preciousmetals: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
That was the hand work of your evil Government DSS trying to paint South East Black because they rejected to be part of your animal kingdom called a country
HedwigesMaduro:

You forgot to add cannibalism to South yeast.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by VIKTO83(m): 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
When u calculate d amount our politicians steal on daily basis plus d intimidation u get from them and police, u will know why ritual killing is on d rise.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Mariokenny(m): 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
As hard as it will be, banning social media in Nigeria would go a long way in checkmating this bloody trend. Funny thing is that it's just getting started. Most young people are easily influenced by what they see. Put then in the dark and see this devilish trend reduce to the barest minimum.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by ARmanx(m): 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2022
I beg to disagree i think poverty plays a minor role but greed is what plays a major role….yes they do it for money buh what happens when they make the money they continue to do more sacrifices so are u saying that is still poverty…jus like militants terrorist and gangsters and co wha happens when they get money …they increase their gun fire power so I believe this purely greed nothing more nothing less

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by zomby(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:
Countries like China would arrest celebrities who flaunt their wealth because they know it's bad for public health...but Nigerian government as usual don't care about their people.

So far, this is the most ridiculous statement I've read on this forum. What I'm getting here is, celebrities flaunting their wealth in Nigeria is the the reason for high rate of ritual killing. And then china was used as an example, while USA and UK where sport celebrities are running around with all kinds of powerful/ luxurious customized cars and private jets were omitted.
It makes absolutely no sense.

Instead of picking on poor Nigerian celebrities, why not focus more on the senseless leaders and their friends and family that continue to loot the national treasury and then publicly flaunt their stolen wealth? What about the useless system that publicly embraces known corrupt/ 419 entities? What about the backward system that neglects the youths? Unbelievable!

I think picking on celebrities and using China as an example is nothing, but an exhibition of a mental laziness...Please open your mind and think deeper!

Nigerian government needs to go after corrupt entities, focus on providing jobs for the youths and generally improving the standard of living of the citizens...Anything else is simply uncivilized.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by kareemkamil(m): 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
Social media the problem for that
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by dangoteinlaw: 12:54pm On Jan 31, 2022
Olayetan:
It will get to a stage where government will want to ban social medias and leave only Instant Messaging Apps.
Even musical videos where celebrities shows half naked ladies would be banned as well cux those are the things young lads see and wishes for that kind of lifestyle.

God save this world
that will be an illuminating solution to this. Fraud rose up in Nigeria around 2012 the same year Instagram started in Nigeria. Throw back to that time there was yahoo but around 2012 when kids then started seeing the ritualists of the 20s showing off wealth and want to become rich as them by any means necessary. Just as Twitter I think Instagram has done enough damage already. The same Instagram has been the reason for the rise of olosho business. Since Instagram was an easy way for oloshos to expand their trade it made it more easier. Something has to be done about this before it makes Nigeria almost unsafe for all. With bandits and bokoharam plus kidnapping on the rise do we really want to add more problems to our table?

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Komu1048(m): 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
asthmacoughend:
Maybe Yes or No ..But the Desire to be wealthy without Working hard is it ..Most Youths are Lazy and this Bad Impressions is spreading like Hurricane Fire.

We that is working like horse, what have we achieve
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by dangoteinlaw: 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2022
Hedonini:
Instagram is cancerous. If I had my way I'd ban that useless app for good.
I second this motion. Instagram should be taken down. I will go to various govt officials handle on Twitter and express my opinion on this. Since 2012/13 that it came around Nigeria youths has never done something useful with this lives again.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2022
Godada:

You could be right based on your submission. However, Nigerians basically have got an A when it comes to copying anything that seems to work.

These rituals are tied to yahoo and yahoo plus. Young guys engage in this in a bid to cash out. This is what is prevalent and everyone wants to jump into the bandwagon.

If bet9ja really plays, you will find that most of these ritualists would have embraced betting.

Should something else lucrative that pays well pop up, you will experience a bandwagon of guys jumping onboard.

I feel that the aspect of human resources, services and capital has not been fully exploited in this country.

The government of the day is obsessed with crude oil but China without any natural resources are easily one of wealthiest countries around. And they did this without rituals.

All of you are the same with this archaic belief
As long as Nigerians foolishly believe that one can make money through ritual killings, these evil acts will continue.

Now, considering the highlighted, since you guys so much believe in Juju, how come no one is using juju or engaging in ritual killings to win games and millions in Bet9ja??
Do you know why? The herbalists can't deceive you that you have won a game when you haven't, while in yahoo plus, he can easily take glory for money the yahoo boy struggled to make with his already perfected format. Without those useless formats they're using, they won't make any money.

There's no such thing as getting rich through ritual killing. Nigerians need serious re-orientation from this foolish and primitive belief.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Corea4king(m): 1:08pm On Jan 31, 2022
Is bad govt that cause 90% of it. How can you be thinking normal where govt will not allow u open ur shop to do ur normal biz.mind you, there is no excuse to justify ritual killing
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Swallowurspit(m): 1:10pm On Jan 31, 2022
Quite sad.

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by inspectorg(m): 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2022
Sirmuel1:
The truth is, People make money in different illegal ways all over the World but ritual killing keeps soaring in Nigeria because the Government has refused to condemn it.

Two weeks ago, I saw a video on Facebook. (I think it happened in Owerri)
2 naked Guys were seen placing a huge sacrifice at the middle of a Federal road.

No one stopped them. Not even the Police around there. Some People were just staring and others were running away from the scene.

There is a freedom of religion in Nigeria but when it extends to killing another human for money, power and protection, it should be condemned.

My observation: I feel the Government is not saying anything because they are guilty as well. In this century, there are places where Innocent People are being buried alive with some Kings and occultic members.

We have also seen where some Government officials sacrifice People just to win elections and to fortify themselves.

Two weeks ago, I saw a video on Facebook. (I think it happened in Owerri)
2 naked Guys were seen placing a HUGE sacrifice at the middle of a Federal road.

Na the huge sacrifice part they make Lwkd.... grin grin grin.Buh its serious not funny.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by omokab: 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:
I disagree with this, politicians flaunt their power not wealth any politician who flaunts wealth will be accused of corruption.
what of Dino melaye? He flaunts his wealth on social media despite being a serving senator then.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by hapholaby: 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2022
Nigeria is the No 1 poverty capital of the world, it's not hard to predict people are desperate to get out of poverty...
Fix the economy and see the frequency of news like this die a natural death
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Zane2point4(m): 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2022
paparazi232:
I can tell yuh that not celebrity show up on social media causes ritualism ,
if some one want to do ritual is by the mind.
,sometimes I login tiktok and see the way some young nigaz be making mouth like there got everything and if you want to be like them you have to do ritual I laff out loud bcus real Ritualist won't come online and make such statement,, i see some of them as scam big SCAM and some youth usually get intimidated with the so called video seen on TIKTOK and think there' are already failure since there haven't made it in life in their 17yrs upward lol
I always tell my friend's that' where'you are now is someone's prayer point so be grateful to GOD

I swear tik tok is worst, high rate of display of nonsense in that app,
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by everythinggirly(f): 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
This is the end time, the love of money has taken over the souls of many youths.

Contact me for your academic research writing services!
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by charlesELIKIBA: 1:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
Didn't one popular Yoruba celebrity sing a song in support of blood money

Another said he's soap has meat inside... Human meat? I dunno oh but he's Yoruba, so...

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by charlesELIKIBA: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2022
All peer pressure.

... Peer pressure is real,
Other attributes are what they see and hear .

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2022
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by charlesELIKIBA: 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2022
Godada:

You could be right based on your submission. However, Nigerians basically have got an A when it comes to copying anything that seems to work.

These rituals are tied to yahoo and yahoo plus. Young guys engage in this in a bid to cash out. This is what is prevalent and everyone wants to jump into the bandwagon.

If bet9ja really plays, you will find that most of these ritualists would have embraced betting.

Should something else lucrative that pays well pop up, you will experience a bandwagon of guys jumping onboard.

I feel that the aspect of human resources, services and capital has not been fully exploited in this country.

The government of the day is obsessed with crude oil but China without any natural resources are easily one of wealthiest countries around. And they did this without rituals.

China is the highest producer of coal in the world

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by zomby(m): 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2022
LordVoldermort:
I disagree with this, politicians flaunt their power not wealth any politician who flaunts wealth will be accused of corruption.

Bros, you are completely wrong.
Well, if you don't have access to these people you may not know how they truly roll. Without mentioning their names, I've seen a few of them in action in and outside Nigeria. Trust me, you do not want to know how these people operate on a daily basis playing around with your money; inside Nigeria, they flaunt their super power and their stolen wealth, while outside Nigeria they simply flaunt big money, which indirectly gives them certain level of power.
These are the role models of an average Nigerian youth...And the main reason why everyone goes into politics to loot with their eyes closed.

In a nutshell, our trouble in Nigeria mainly goes back to poor leaders and a severely defective system, which produce lack of hope...Lack of hope produces ritual killings and 419 gangsters.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For The High Rate Of Ritual Killings In The Country? by charlesELIKIBA: 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
virginboy1:
Poverty, Money centric society, Bad Government, Celebrities celebrating nonsense, Lack of psychological/social infrastructures etc etc

In fact, we are in a state of societal malware.
This our society needs a serious overhaul.

Just imagine rubbish, 17 year old involved in Ritual killing, While at that age my main concern was how to clear my Waec papers.

Seriously Naija, don cast cry

@17 I never see 10,000 cash before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Motorcyclist Stabs Man To Death In Imo (Graphic) / Police Disrupt Gay Wedding In Delta State, Arrest 100 Suspects / EndSars: We Have Received Reports Of Crimes - ICC Prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.