Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,564 members, 7,972,123 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:49 AM

As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? (4490 Views)

Election Anxiety As Nigerians Are Forced To Become Mathematician (picture) / Nigerians, What Are The Dumbest Comments You've Ever Seen On The Internet? / For Laughs: Hilarious Tweets As Nigerians And Kenya Go To War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by blackmale(m): 5:59am On Jun 25, 2011
suffering and smiling,
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by playboy19(m): 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2011
Criticism~
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by Kossy04: 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2011
Arrant stupidity, extreme shallow mindedness, and exaggerated ravenousness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink wink
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by tshepiso(f): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2011
i have come to realise most nigerians are very patriotic about their country no matter how bad!i really admire that.
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by infobox: 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2011
These are the few things we have in common.

1. We answer question with question. Haven't seen any race or country that can have a full conversation with only questions. Example

Dele: My guy, how far?
Emeka: Wetin dey happen?
Dele: why U no dey call me again now?
Emeka: U buy me credit?
Dele: Dis one wey U call so, U wan show?
Emeka: Where U dey?
Dele: U sabi Plus Bank?
Emeka: Make we block there?
Dele: Before nko?Abi U get any other planz?
Emeka: U get pay?
Dele: Wetin concern pay for this mata now?
Emeka: We no suppose drink?
Dele: Na me born U?
Emeka: No be U be my chairman?
Dele: Abi craze don baff U before? Na my pay U take use?
Emeka: Before nko?
Dele: U serious abi U dey play?
Emeka: Bros, wetin U think?
Dele: So, U no really hold coins eh? And U wan drink? U no dey shame sef?
Emeka: Bros, which ones na? Na change for beer come dey cause this kind yarn?
Dele: Before nko?

2. We're very resilient. You can not stop us. Try putting something in the way of Nigerians progress and he/she would find a way out. Simple
3. We're too religious.
4. We can so stroke people irrespective of race, class or ethnic divide.
5. We're all managers and vulcanizers. Managing and patching.
6. E no dey hard before we show you our red eye.
7. Can so flex. Even in the face of depression. Doing what I call indigene blocking (blocking of streets to party).
8. Can blame everything on the government. ("Ur pikin fall insider gutter, why did the govt not cover the gutters in the first place"wink that's a classic example.
9. Well corruption is not in everyone. Na situation cause am.
10. Rice. Almost everyone in Nigeria eats rice on Sunday. I don't know why. Visit 10 of your friends on sunday and you'll eat 10 plates of rice.
11. Are sometimes impatient.

I think that's about it for now. If am wrong what else did I miss out or wrongly put in?
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by dayotheone(m): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2011
Koolking:

We all have hope [God] that all will be well. Hope keeps us alive
yes i agreed wit , you are the only person who has spoken my mind because , In Nigeria HOPE is what keeps all of us alive , that one day all will be well .Apart from been religious also
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by dayotheone(m): 7:52pm On Jun 25, 2011
Most of you are not answering the question ,you are just taking about your environment effect .which is not general or common to all , like someone taking about greediness , loudness e.t.c . Who told you they are all common to all Nigeria , i don't think so. wink
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by chumakk: 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2011
We are good citizens except THOSE people that posted that they are corrupted, taking bribe, Critical , tribalism, greedy, loud,
Kossy04:

Arrant stupidity, extreme shallow mindedness, and exaggerated ravenousness!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink wink
He is that+others

Yes, We are Good Citizen Great Nation cool Amen
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by manny4life(m): 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2011
Negative, Criticism, constant bickering, and argument I know everything, shocked shocked shocked

Positive , Patriotism and persistence
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by laoludavid(m): 10:29pm On Jun 25, 2011
It is corruption we have in common
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by Madamot: 11:28pm On Jun 25, 2011
The things Nigerians have in common are many. Among the things we have in common and make us have a similar spirit are:
- you're a professional at sharpening pencils with a blade, innovation and creativity
- having light for two days in a row is shocking or rather scary cuz you know the aftermath, triumph of hope over experience
- you know the yahoozee dance, finding fun in all circunstances
- all non-nigerians take your confidence for cockiness, definitely not our fault we are sharper than the rest of them, innate and deep self esteem and confidence
- somebody has ever threatened to "show you pepper", ability to inspire anger in others
- you used to write your name on paper and stick it inside your biro so no one would steal it. , distrust and sceptism
- you remember when agbani darego was crowned miss world (ahh, celebration galore!), National pride when good things happen to Nigeria { like football wins)
- you remember the day abacha died! i remember exactly where i was and what i was doing!, must mean something!
- you call all different types of noodles indomie (i personally don't cuz nothing else can compare!!), deep loyalty when deserved
- you used to have a hi5 account! (lol the pre-facebook days), technologically savvy when given the opportunity
- 'tales by moonlight' played a key role in your childhood development, nostalgic childhood memories
- you were delivered 5 hours later than you were scheduled to be. smh @ african time, knowledge that time was made for man, not vice versa
- you know what 'nneka the pretty serpent' is (hmm, and all the nightmares it brought on!), Nollywood fan!
- you have been annoyed by the numerous okadas on the road, knows Nigeria can be better
- you have made some money from being "sprayed" dancing at a naija party, combining business with pleasure
- you call all your parents friends uncle this and aunty that, even though you're not related to them in any way whatsoever!, extremely respectful when deserved
- your every sunday lunch is some variation of rice, esp rice and stew, loves ritual and rice!

and my personal favorite,
you know you're nigerian if you wake up from a bad dream screaming "BLOOD OF JESUS!!!", religious!
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by emmydee(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2011
we are too religious, too corrupt, very hard working, suffering & smilling, witch concious, greedy, friendly,noisy,endurance, comfortable wit dirty environment, worship d rich, love fat cars anytime anyday & many more!
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by hothead(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2011
Madamot:

The things Nigerians have in common are many. Among the things we have in common and make us have a similar spirit are:
- you're a professional at sharpening pencils with a blade, innovation and creativity
- having light for two days in a row is shocking or rather scary cuz you know the aftermath, triumph of hope over experience
- you know the yahoozee dance, finding fun in all circunstances
- all non-nigerians take your confidence for cockiness, definitely not our fault we are sharper than the rest of them, innate and deep self esteem and confidence
- somebody has ever threatened to "show you pepper", ability to inspire anger in others
- you used to write your name on paper and stick it inside your biro so no one would steal it. , distrust and sceptism
- you remember when agbani darego was crowned miss world (ahh, celebration galore!), National pride when good things happen to Nigeria { like football wins)
- you remember the day abacha died! i remember exactly where i was and what i was doing!, must mean something!
- you call all different types of noodles indomie (i personally don't cuz nothing else can compare!!), deep loyalty when deserved
- you used to have a hi5 account! (lol the pre-facebook days), technologically savvy when given the opportunity
- 'tales by moonlight' played a key role in your childhood development, nostalgic childhood memories
- you were delivered 5 hours later than you were scheduled to be. smh @ african time, knowledge that time was made for man, not vice versa
- you know what 'nneka the pretty serpent' is (hmm, and all the nightmares it brought on!), Nollywood fan!
- you have been annoyed by the numerous okadas on the road, knows Nigeria can be better
- you have made some money from being "sprayed" dancing at a naija party, combining business with pleasure
- you call all your parents friends uncle this and aunty that, even though you're not related to them in any way whatsoever!, extremely respectful when deserved
- your every sunday lunch is some variation of rice, esp rice and stew, loves ritual and rice!

and my personal favorite,
you know you're nigerian if you wake up from a bad dream screaming "BLOOD OF JESUS!!!", religious!

i luv this, kept me smiling, i'ld add just one thing which i believe is the strongest thing we all have in common, "pigeon english" i can confidently say that 80% of Nigerian starting majorly from the grass-root (i.e Ur grand mother or mine in the village) to the cream de la cream all can speak & understand this language, If i was President, i would make this Language our National language, English can go and chill, The effects of this I believe wld be greatly positive cuz it wld create that sense of unity which is missing at the moment.
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by Barrywhite8620: 11:48pm On Jun 27, 2011
infobox:

These are the few things we have in common.

1. We answer question with question. Haven't seen any race or country that can have a full conversation with only questions. Example

Dele: My guy, how far?
Emeka: Wetin dey happen?
Dele: why U no dey call me again now?
Emeka: U buy me credit?
Dele: Dis one wey U call so, U wan show?
Emeka: Where U dey?
Dele: U sabi Plus Bank?
Emeka: Make we block there?
Dele: Before nko?Abi U get any other planz?
Emeka: U get pay?
Dele: Wetin concern pay for this mata now?
Emeka: We no suppose drink?
Dele: Na me born U?
Emeka: No be U be my chairman?
Dele: Abi craze don baff U before? Na my pay U take use?
Emeka: Before nko?
Dele: U serious abi U dey play?
Emeka: Bros, wetin U think?
Dele: So, U no really hold coins eh? And U wan drink? U no dey shame sef?
Emeka: Bros, which ones na? Na change for beer come dey cause this kind yarn?
Dele: Before nko?

2. We're very resilient. You can not stop us. Try putting something in the way of Nigerians progress and he/she would find a way out. Simple
3. We're too religious.
4. We can so stroke people irrespective of race, class or ethnic divide.
5. We're all managers and vulcanizers. Managing and patching.
6. E no dey hard before we show you our red eye.
7. Can so flex. Even in the face of depression. Doing what I call indigene blocking (blocking of streets to party).
8. Can blame everything on the government. ("your pikin fall insider gutter, why did the govt not cover the gutters in the first place"wink that's a classic example.
9. Well corruption is not in everyone. Na situation cause am.
10. Rice. Almost everyone in Nigeria eats rice on Sunday. I don't know why. Visit 10 of your friends on sunday and you'll eat 10 plates of rice.
11. Are sometimes impatient.

I think that's about it for now. If am wrong what else did I miss out or wrongly put in?
grin
Re: As Nigerians What Do We All Have In Common? by mikuz(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
This thread just take style funny!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Adventures Of Akpors Weekly Video Series / Ladies can you marry such a tall man? / OMG! See This Overloaded Truck – Owner Wants To Commit Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.