Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,857 members, 7,889,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:07 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (917816 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (657) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shygunXs(m): 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:

UK visit visa 6 months (131$ )
TLs (55£)

You pay one after another.
250$ in your card will suffice

All depends on your monthly wages.. maybe it's good you direct the message to @giselle237 ... His the custodian of these forum

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2022
shygunXs:

Like 780k monthly average credit from employer. Account balance like N1.8m and account turnover of over 10m in 6 months? Account also shows monthly transfer to mum over the months

Well with the looks of your account statement is viable , you need to write an SOP and clearly explain these deposit and transfer to your mum. Gudluck to your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cucumbar: 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2022
JPB2:

The fact they even said ur NYSC was fake even if u didn't know it was a BAN, you should have tackled them

Not too good at all
well, I did an affidavit declaring that it wasn’t fake before I collected my documents from them, because they held on to it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Candybright: 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2022
giselle237:

Oh! Depends on covid vaccination status.
Fully vaccinated- go on ncdc portal and fill in details and upload vaccination document and get QR code. No test. No payment.
Partially or unvaccinated- PCR test + pay for day 2 and day 7 test on ncdc portal to get QR code
So they still do all these test haaaa
Does it apply to ALL travelers coming into Nigeria ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 2:52am On Aug 01, 2022
JennyBay:
Hello,

Please advise on my visa application.

I recently secure my Canada PR visa for me and 2 dependent (they have no traveling history). I have been to UK 5 times btw 2012 and 2019 on visit and study visa, USA 2 times on visit btw 2017 and 2019.

Our plan now is to stop-over in UK for 3/4 days on our route to Canada this year.
My issues is that; We (me and my spouse) don't have salary account to support our application as I lost my job 2 years ago. The company I am presently working for paid in cash even the salary is not as strong for presentation to UK embassy. The only option i have for financial circumstances is the POF fixed deposit (for canada PR application and it is X 4 of visa requirement for family of 3). The POF was our savings before the contract termination with the previous employer.

What is the chance of securing 6 months visit visa to UK with Canada settlement visa on our passport?
Any information would be well appreciated. thanks

I believe your chance of getting it is high because of the Canada Visa and previous travel history. Attach a copy of the Canada settlement visa, all previous visas, the POF, and other necessary documents to your application.

Give it a try. You don't lose anything by doing that.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:29am On Aug 01, 2022
Candybright:

So they still do all these test haaaa
Does it apply to ALL travelers coming into Nigeria ?
yes the differentiation is in the covid vaccination status
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by maestro03: 10:18am On Aug 01, 2022
Your case is extremely tricky. I kinda agree with Giselle in not going the route of telling further lies. In your previous application, there must have been a section where they asked if the application was filled by you. If you answered NO that it was filled by a proxy then things would be easier as you would state there was an error in details provided by the proxy. However, if you claimed you were the one that filled it then its gonna be dicey. You have 2 options or maybe 2 and a half. 1. You come clean and take your chances. 2. You abandon the UK entirely cos this is not an issue time would solve. The half (which i hate to say) is to maintain your story: You are single with no kids. If you venture to apply for a US visa that will be your story (being single) else you are flirting with bans by both nations.

my 2cents

ultim:

Same agent is telling me to furnish my marriage certificate and birth certificates if my children this time. That it was a mere omission.
The truth is that, I went for capturing those days myself but it was late to start redoing the documents to add those. I even paid for expedited process and didnt eventually get to use the Visa partly due to Covid.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jubrilar(m): 10:27am On Aug 01, 2022
Hello house, I am filling my UK visiting visa application. where they request for the total amount I will spend for my UK trip, Should I state it in GBP or NGN

Also, I HV family friend in UK which is British citizen, though i am not using invitation letter, I use hotel reservation. But where they request if I know anyone in UK. Can I select Yes or No

Also, how much can I budget for my trip both flight, accommodation and shopping
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2022
Good morning to all, I need advice on how to retrieve my passport from UKVI. I have an interview next week in Abuja. Can I send a mail on me retrieving my passport and will make it available if and when my Visa is approved. Do you think it will work ?.

Got the attached mail 4 days ago which is 7 weeks and 1 day of my application. Pls advice as am worried

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2022
Rogundipe2000:
Good morning to all, I need advice on how to retrieve my passport from UKVI. I have an interview next week in Abuja. Can I send a mail on me retrieving my passport and will make it available if and when my Visa is approved. Do you think it will work ?.

Got the attached mail 4 days ago which is 7 weeks and 1 day of my application. Pls advice as am worried

You can also visit the VAC on how to temporarily withdraw your travel document for your urgent need and make it available later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rogundipe2000: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2022
dirolad:

You can also visit the VAC on how to temporarily withdraw your travel document for your urgent need and make it available later.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:56am On Aug 01, 2022
jubrilar:
Hello house, I am filling my UK visiting visa application. where they request for the total amount I will spend for my UK trip, Should I state it in GBP or NGN- the currency is clearly stated by the side there. You are free to use either with the corresponding symbol .

Also, I HV family friend in UK which is British citizen, though i am not using invitation letter, I use hotel reservation. But where they request if I know anyone in UK. Can I select Yes or No. if using hotel reservation, you dont have to mention this family friend
Also, how much can I budget for my trip both flight, accommodation and shopping- less than 3 times your disposable monthly income should be a guide
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by donbabe2000: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
hello guys,

please i just need an urgent response

please i applied for uk visit visa but my interview is on the 9th of AUgust, my question goes thus,

how do i upload my document ON TLS portal,do i have to upload it in batches of i should create a folder and upload all in the folder

how long does it take for decision to be made as i have interview with another embassy on the 16th of september
if it takes more than 3 weeks do i cancel the interview and check change the date.

your swift response will be highly appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Christabeliciou: 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2022
Please kindly clarify me, the Partially vaccinated means if you have not completed the dose, let's assume you where vaccinated first and you were given a vaccinated card, and they said you can come back anytime for a second dose, is that it?. And if so you still have to pay for test, and how much please.

But I thought they don't do all these pcr test things again, since UK said no test before coming in weither vaccinated or not. I never knew Nigeria is still request for this test when coming from UK to Nigeria.

Thanks

giselle237:

Oh! Depends on covid vaccination status.
Fully vaccinated- go on ncdc portal and fill in details and upload vaccination document and get QR code. No test. No payment.
Partially or unvaccinated- PCR test + pay for day 2 and day 7 test on ncdc portal to get QR code
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
Christabeliciou:
Please kindly clarify me, the Partially vaccinated means if you have not completed the dose, let's assume you where vaccinated first and you were given a vaccinated card, and they said you can come back anytime for a second dose, is that it?. And if so you still have to pay for test, and how much please.But I thought they don't do all these pcr test things again, since UK said no test before coming in weither vaccinated or not. I never knew Nigeria is still request for this test when coming from UK to Nigeria.
https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/guidelines
https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Middleborn: 1:55pm On Aug 01, 2022
So i applied to a care home in the UK a few days ago and a friend advised that i send them a follow-up message on Saturday last week.

Toady, i got a response from them.

Thing is, i don't exactly know what to respond. i feel like there's something they want to know by asking this question and i don't quite know it.

Please, I've attached a screenshot of their message. Someone please tell me why they're asking this question.

PS: I'm ready to relocate to the UK like right now, even yesterday.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jubrilar(m): 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Hello house, Pls can I use my gtb naira master to pay for my visa fees?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by rowon(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2022
Good day all. Which flight is the best and affordable with not more than 2 stopovers from Lagos to Glasgow Scotland aside European airlines and BA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sulee23(f): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
Hi guys, if someone was refused and the refusal documents was empty or page that says decision is empty. what one can one do? we want to know so yo avoid the same problem when reapplying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AjayiOreofe: 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2022
but i paid 125dollars, hope im not wrong?
because that was what was shown for me to pay

UK visit visa 6 months (131$ )
TLs (55£)

You pay one after another.
250$ in your card will suffice

All depends on your monthly wages.. maybe it's good you direct the message to @giselle237 ... His the custodian of these forum
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AjayiOreofe: 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
once you get a response from anyone, pls tag me, im at this crossroad, but my appointment is on the 11th.
donbabe2000:
hello guys,

please i applied for uk visit visa but my interview is on the 9th of AUgust, my question goes thus,

how do i upload my document ON TLS portal,do i have to upload it in batches of i should create a folder and upload all in the folder

how long does it take for decision to be made as i have interview with another embassy on the 16th of september
if it takes more than 3 weeks do i cancel the interview and check change the date.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AjayiOreofe: 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
nope, you need to use a dollar card, i used a dollar card for mine
jubrilar:
Hello house, Pls can I use my gtb naira master to pay for my visa fees?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
rowon:
Good day all. Which flight is the best and affordable with not more than 2 stopovers from Lagos to Glasgow Scotland aside European airlines and BA

You should be able to do this yourself. Use Priceline.com, wakanow.com, skyscanner.com, google flights or flightscanner.com to conduct the search.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Magma012: 5:44pm On Aug 01, 2022
needed some assistance with this question, please.

I have a duration of one year and two months on my International Passport and I want to apply for a two years tourist visa.

Does the duration of my International passport affect the UK tourist visa issuing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
Magma012:
needed some assistance with this question, please.

I have a duration of one year and two months on my International Passport and I want to apply for a two years tourist visa.

Does the duration of my International passport affect the UK tourist visa issuing?

No it doesn't.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2022
Middleborn:

So i applied to a care home in the UK a few days ago and a friend advised that i send them a follow-up message on Saturday last week.

Toady, i got a response from them.

Thing is, i don't exactly know what to respond. i feel like there's something they want to know by asking this question and i don't quite know it.

Please, I've attached a screenshot of their message. Someone please tell me why they're asking this question.

PS: I'm ready to relocate to the UK like right now, even yesterday.

Reply you are available to relocate once you have completed the process of relocation(which should include being offered the job and you securing your work visa).

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
rowon:

Most deals you would get now would seem expensive as its peak of travel(summer and schools are on breaks). But you have the low cost airlines, however, these airline are tight on luggage allowance, and most would have a transit in an European state where you would need a transit visa if you are holder of only a Nigerian passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ifax(f): 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2022
You can upload many documents but once you submit, that’s it.

You can choose ‘keep my passport’ option. Price is 27,300. If you get approved, you submit your passport.

donbabe2000:
hello guys,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Magma012: 6:15pm On Aug 01, 2022
thank you for your prompt response.

was having some doubt before
leef2022:

No it doesn't.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Khendakillz01: 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
Hello please . Has anyone been able to figure how I can get my passport back from UKVI. I did my biometric June 9th and a decision was made June 27th but my application is yet to move to VAC and I need my passport back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by frostmate2: 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
Hello everyone. After TLs has sent email to collect documents, does anyone know how long they will hold the documents for before passing it to UK visas and immigration? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Janedoe27: 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
I got my passport today, 6months visiting visa approved, first time applicant, virgin passport. My timeline was as follows;
Biometrics at Ikeja - 6th June 2022
Application transferred and received by DMC - 7th June 2022.
My cousin that sent the invitation letter was called on 22 July 2022
Application transferred and received by VAC - 29 July
Passport picked up by DHL - 29 July 2022
Passport delivered - 1 August 2022.

Documents submitted
Invitation letter from cousin
Cousin’s British passport
Cousins wedding certificate (husband is also British)
Cousins 1 month payslip
Cousins employment letter (Doctor)
Cousins 1 month utility bill to show proof of residence
6 months bank statement with closing balance of 1.2m
6 months payslip
Introduction letter from my company
Appointment letter and promotion letters
My parents tenancy agreement
Travel reservation.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (657) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: Kingblink(m), Cyclops33, jogs1999(m), nairabase(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.