Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (897983 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (648) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AHUPEACE: 10:19am On Sep 01, 2022
viqueta136:
If you are in the UK already then I don’t think you would need to submit TB test hence they didn’t request for it in your recent visit. Please go with whatever your lawyer in the UK tells you as I believe he’s an expert.

Okay thanks but do you know the type of visa he is applying for me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by viqueta136: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2022
Hence they are requesting for your husband’s account statement, then a dependent visa may be appropriate. For spouse visa, you would need to submit your bank account statement (1 month with a closing balance of at least 6Million)
AHUPEACE:

Okay thanks but do you know the type of visa he is applying for me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Johnny121: 11:03am On Sep 01, 2022
Happy new month house, I need assistance in replying for my tourist visa to Uk
Biometric June 28
got my refusal mail yesterday
Employed and personal business, married
Document submitted- payslips salary 250k monthly total amount planing to spend -600k , total amount from business in a year 3m, monthly spending 100k,
I’m sponsoring myself for this trip, traveling history Rwanda student visa ,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2022
AHUPEACE:

The immigration lawyer fill out this form for me in the Uk.. there’s no TB test on the document listed for me to bring. The only mandatory document they requested from me is just my passport and his passport other document listed in the form are English language test certificate,payslips,proof of relationship,his previous divorce certificate,his bank statement….Have sent the form to you pls what type of visa is he applying?? Do I need to add my own bank statement,I don’t think I have much money in my own account,can I use my husband bank statement instead??
madam, what visa is your husband on in the UK?
Is he british? Does he have settled status or he is on temporary visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2022
AHUPEACE:

I’m in the Uk presently going back to Nigeria 18th
but u live in Nigeria and have only been in the UK on a visit visa for about 1 or 2 months..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:29am On Sep 01, 2022
Johnny121:
Happy new month house, I need assistance in replying for my tourist visa to Uk
Biometric June 28
got my refusal mail yesterday
Employed and personal business, married
Document submitted- payslips salary 250k monthly total amount planing to spend -600k , total amount from business in a year 3m, monthly spending 100k,
I’m sponsoring myself for this trip, traveling history Rwanda student visa ,

There was no explanation for the large bank transfer into your account and the transfer exceeded your salary. The officer recognized that the money was transferred into your account for the purpose of gaining visa approval only.
You failed to provide proof of where the additional yearly income comes from.
The amount you put in your application as the total amount the trip will cost you is a little more than four months of your net income. To the reviewing officer, your finances aren’t that of someone who wishes to enter the country for the purpose of vacationing.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AHUPEACE: 11:34am On Sep 01, 2022
giselle237:
madam, what visa is your husband on in the UK?
Is he british? Does he have settled status or he is on temporary visa?

EU citizen with indefinite leave to remain in the Uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AHUPEACE: 11:35am On Sep 01, 2022
giselle237:
but u live in Nigeria and have only been in the UK on a visit visa for about 1 or 2 months..

Yes I live in Nigeria only on visa for a month and two weeks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Johnny121: 11:47am On Sep 01, 2022
Thanks for the advice, What am I supposed to do when replying , and what is my chance of getting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AHUPEACE: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2022
viqueta136:
Hence they are requesting for your husband’s account statement, then a dependent visa may be appropriate. For spouse visa, you would need to submit your bank account statement (1 month with a closing balance of at least 6Million)

I think it is dependant visa because I paid £1080 and IHS fee of £800 something but Do people who apply for dependant visa write IELTS exam I personal bank statement doesn’t have closing balance of 6M ooo

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
AHUPEACE:
EU citizen with indefinite leave to remain in the Uk
were u married before January 1, 2021? You should be speaking with your lawyer as you have one and not getting random advice from nairaland.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
aristosoft:

Please, how do you guys book or Qatar airways. I'm unable to pay with my card and it's still not allowing me to book on hold. So how do i get a booking reference to pay to their Account?
continue till end and select pay on hold..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AHUPEACE: 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2022
giselle237:
were u married before January 1, 2021? You should be speaking with your lawyer as you have one and not getting random advice from nairaland.

Yes we were ..we got married 2018… he asked us same question but I don’t know if is spousal or dependant visa he is applying for. Only my husband has his contact.. the immigration and visa form he gave me,they asked visa type he said.Apply to enter the Uk as a partner is that a visa type lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2022
AHUPEACE:
Yes we were ..we got married 2018… he asked us same question but I don’t know if is spousal or dependant visa he is applying for. Only my husband has his contact.. the immigration and visa form he gave me,they asked visa type he said.Apply to enter the Uk as a partner is that a visa type lol

should be EUSS family permit for spouse to join in the UK/EUSS spouse visa… again pls speak to your lawyer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by emmalebgus: 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Yes. Since you got married in 2018, the cheapest (it is actually free) and less stressful visa to apply for, is the EUSS Family Permit. You probably don't need a lawyer, the application is straightforward, requiring the marriage certificate, your husband Settled or Pre-settled status, evidence of subsisting relationship etc.

The only shortcoming is that since the UK is out of the EU, it may take some months before they respond. Spouse Visa is another option, but may be a bit challenging, with your husband showing proof of funds, accommodation and you, evidence of English etc and it is not free.

giselle237:

should be EUSS family permit for spouse to join in the UK/EUSS spouse visa… again pls speak to your lawyer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AHUPEACE: 1:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
emmalebgus:
Yes. Since you got married in 2018, the cheapest (it is actually free) and less stressful visa to apply for, is the EUSS Family Permit. You probably don't need a lawyer, the application is straightforward, requiring the marriage certificate, your husband Settled or Pre-settled status, evidence of subsisting relationship etc.

The only shortcoming is that since the UK is out of the EU, it may take some months before they respond. Spouse Visa is another option, but may be a bit challenging, with your husband showing proof of funds, accommodation and you, evidence of English etc and it is not free.

Okay thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1stdami(m): 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hello guys, Can someone on a tourist visa travel to the Uk from Nigeria using EgyptAir or travel back to Nigeria from the Uk?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 2:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
Your better bet is to reapply immediately and explain all the mistakes the ECO made in full details along with the refusal letter.

TENHANG:

Hmmmm. I also got a refusal mail after 9weeks with lots of discrepancies. The refusal mail made reference to the statement I uploaded which did not show I’m a salary earner as on my application form (ECO Bank SOA): I don’t have an ECO BANK acc, I uploaded a different bank acc. I applied to visit the UK for 6days, the refusal letter quoted that I applied for a 15days visit to the UK, I attached a Leave advice from my office, the ECO in the refusal mail said I ought to get a letter from my POW to confirm I ll be on vacation at the period.

My GWF NO: was not even quoted on the refusal mail. I guess the ECO was not sure of the one he/she was treating at the time so decided not to quote it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mimilyrics: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
I didn't say that they ask but if it proves the genuineness of the relationship alongside other documents, there is no reason not to.
viqueta136:
They don’t request for chat history, just send your TB test result, marriage cert and 1 month bank statement with both the visa page and passport data page of your partner.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sainted(f): 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hello everyone, please what's the process of collecting your passport after a withdrawal?

I cancelled student visa priority I made. They didn't allow me to keep my passport because I was using priority.

But I'll be travelling to another country in about 2 weeks and processing student visa for some other country and I really need the passport.

The last time I withdrew visa application it took about 13 WDs though I kept the passport that time.

Any help would be greatly helpful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
1stdami:
Hello guys, Can someone on a tourist visa travel to the Uk from Nigeria using EgyptAir or travel back to Nigeria from the Uk?

You can travel with any airline you like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aristosoft(m): 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
Thanks for your response but Still confused cos this is what i see on payment checkout.

giselle237:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by aristosoft(m): 9:41pm On Sep 01, 2022
Never mind. I found it eventually. I think it has a threshold. Once the booking pass 1m, they dont allow you to book on hold. I'm booking for 3 so i didnt see it until i tried 1 person.

giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bryanbella(f): 1:43am On Sep 02, 2022
Please how can one get police clearance certificate and how long does it take to get it once payment is made? Either in Lagos or Portharcourt
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by viqueta136: 10:02am On Sep 02, 2022
Hello Guys,

I had my biometrics on the 11th of last month at Abuja for a spousal visa which is supposed to take 15 WD for a decision to be made.
Today is the 16th day, do I need to send a paid email or do you guys sugest I still hold on a little?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cutiestalex: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2022
I can introduce you to a British lawyer to handle the judicial Review, you will get within a month if truly they made a mistake with the decision.
Phummy2984:
Hi guys, good morning. I need your help I applied for a standard 2 years uk visit visa in June and got a refusal mail today 30th of august 2022. The content of d mail is not in any way related to me. My first passport was gotten in 2010 and my first 6 month visa to uk was in 2010. I also did my masters in uk in 2012 then I had a 2 years student visa. After d expiration of my student 2 years visa I also got another 2 years visiting visa in 2014. I have been in Nigeria since then. I applied for a 2 years visit visa now and was refused. In 2008 I was still an undergraduate not even gotten a Nigerian passport not to talk of a uk visa. I have never been deported nor had any criminal conviction both in uk and Nigeria, I don’t drive not to talk of driving license. I have never been banned nor seek asylum. I think there is a mix up with some other person’s application. Pls how do I sort this out what are my options. I will attach a copy of d refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:50am On Sep 02, 2022
Bryanbella:
Please how can one get police clearance certificate and how long does it take to get it once payment is made? Either in Lagos or Portharcourt

You can get it at Nigerian Police Command in your state or at the CID Registry Office, Alagbon, Lagos.

If you are applying at the criminal registry office in Lagos, you can get it within a day, depending on the number of applications before you.

If you are applying from your state command, it may take between 7 to 14 days since the State Command only collates applicants’ records. All the records are forwarded to Criminal registry office in Lagos for processing.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Preshyi: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2022
Please if someone is inving their parents but not sponsoring them, under what category on the TLS upload will they add their own documents such as BRP,birth certificate, change of name document, letter of invitation etc

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 11:59am On Sep 02, 2022
Preshyi:
Please if someone is inving their parents but not sponsoring them, under what category on the TLS upload will they add their own documents such as BRP,birth certificate, change of name document, letter of invitation etc

You can upload those documents under family status or others. They will figure it out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
My wife's passport is yet to move to vac since Aug 16th when decision was made. Our bio was 27th July at Ikeja tls.
I as dependant have received my passport since a week ago.
Made a paid escalation call on Tuesday, still no movement, Abeg what Wil I do. I don book flight sef.

@Justwise

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (648) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: Taal17 and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58