Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,008 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (914279 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (656) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tobishills12(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Hello please help!!!

I am trying to make a payment on the TLS website to book an appointment and pay for their value-added services. I am paying with my access bank visa dollar card and it's not working.

Is there a better way this is done now? I have used my same dollar card to pay for my previous TLS visa appointments. Not sure why it's not working for TLS even though it worked for UK website.

Please help me!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2023
Hello house. I submitted my application today and I paid for courier service. But the number I put on my courier service is different from the number on my application it's my 3rd number....pls does it matter ? Cos after submission it occurred to my mind that I should have used either number on my application...pls does it matter ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
tobishills12:
Hello please help!!!

I am trying to make a payment on the TLS website to book an appointment and pay for their value-added services. I am paying with my access bank visa dollar card and it's not working.

Is there a better way this is done now? I have used my same dollar card to pay for my previous TLS visa appointments. Not sure why it's not working for TLS even though it worked for UK website.

Please help me!!!

Try naira card...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2023
Wales1111:
Hello house. I submitted my application today and I paid for courier service. But the number I put on my courier service is different from the number on my application it's my 3rd number....pls does it matter ? Cos after submission it occurred to my mind that I should have used either number on my application...pls does it matter ?

Kó matter....as long as number is shaaa in service so that the courier person thats delivering can get through to you on phone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Wales1111: 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2023
advanceDNA:

Kó matter....as long as number is shaaa in service so that the courier person thats delivering can get through to you on phone
. Thank you so much. Really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Adigun055(m): 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2023
Good evening sirs/ma. I need an advice on whose account should be used for proof of funds. My wife is the applicant, she is working and have a business she's been doing both for about 3 years while, I've had my business for over 12 years. We only just did our court wedding this month so she still uses her father's name. Kindly advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2023
Good Evening. I'm about to submit my Application for UK Visit Visa, As Earlier Stated I'm A Business Owner And I have Just One Account to Present For My Visa Application which is my Business Account, please I will like to Ask If Anyone Has Done This And what The Outcome Was, Secondly Do I need to submit Any Tax Clearance certificate, My Business Is Registered As a Business Name On CAC portal.
Please I will Appreciate A prompt Response thank you all for your Help Always.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yhemitz: 4:39am On Apr 18, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Yhemitz: 5:41am On Apr 18, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 8:56am On Apr 18, 2023
Femaleoutfit:
Good Evening. I'm about to submit my Application for UK Visit Visa, As Earlier Stated I'm A Business Owner And I have Just One Account to Present For My Visa Application which is my Business Account, please I will like to Ask If Anyone Has Done This And what The Outcome Was, Secondly Do I need to submit Any Tax Clearance certificate, My Business Is Registered As a Business Name On CAC portal.
Please I will Appreciate A prompt Response thank you all for your Help Always.

Hi, good morning. On this issue of submitting a business bank statement for a tourist visa, if you read even just a page back on this thread, you’d see that it usually does not play out well because the visa officers don’t believe it’s an ideal scenario for a company account to be utilized for personal purposes and they have doubts that the funds in a business account will always be available for personal use.

I’d strongly advise against it. If you can use a second account in addition to the business’, please do so.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olaleyeh5: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
Got UKVI refusal letter days after the Home office interview because of my answers on research about the school , chosen course and didn’t answer them my course modules during interview that’s all but Can I go for AR ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olaleyeh5: 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2023
Got UKVI refusal letter days after the Home office interview because of my answers on research about the school , chosen course and didn’t answer them my course modules during interview that’s all but Can I go for AR ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TCD: 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2023
olaleyeh5:

If truly what they wrote there is what you responded in that interview, do not waste your time. I beg you.

11 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olaleyeh5: 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
Yes that’s the whole content of the refusal , I just got the refusal letter 6th of April 2023 this month 6days after the Teams video interview with home office , all document perfect I mean perfect , I am about to pay for the 80pounds and i just want to know if this refusal reason’s worth applying ADMINSTRATIVE review for. But wait are you saying I should not apply for it at all or I should apply ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TCD: 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2023
olaleyeh5:
Yes that’s the whole content of the refusal , I just got the refusal letter 6th of April 2023 this month 6days after the Teams video interview with home office , all document perfect I mean perfect , I am about to pay for the 80pounds and i just want to know if this refusal reason’s worth applying ADMINSTRATIVE review for. But wait are you saying I should not apply for it at all or I should apply ?

Its like you want to throw away 80 pounds. They never mentioned anything about your documents. Your refusal was based on the answers you gave at the interview, which in all honesty your answers were lacking in intellectual capacity expected of a graduate . You were probably nervous during the interview and what was coming out of your mouth and what was in your head were two different things.

You sef read what you responded to those questions. Did they make any sense to you?

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olaleyeh5: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2023
I’ve seen worse cases online and the AR was successful , Moreover I came across the mail an hour to the interview then I called My agent but wasn’t picking up that moment to know If I should just rescheduled the interview to some other time with reasons that am not prepared unfortunately I accepted to take the interview that I wasn’t prepared for at all because I was unable to take to my agent on the phone ..Was never expecting any interview from home office or calls till it happened … This AR is really on my mind ..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mobil567: 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2023
If you wish to do AR, feel free.
But it won’t go anywhere. Total waste of time. Personally, if I was the visa officer, I would reject you too. Have you even read your own responses? Will you grant yourself visa? Smh
olaleyeh5:
I’ve seen worse cases online and the AR was successful , Moreover I came across the mail an hour to the interview then I called My agent but wasn’t picking up that moment to know If I should just rescheduled the interview to some other time with reasons that am not prepared unfortunately I accepted to take the interview that I wasn’t prepared for at all because I was unable to take to my agent on the phone ..Was never expecting any interview from home office or calls till it happened … This AR is really on my mind ..

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
TCD:

Its like you want to throw away 80 pounds. They never mentioned anything about your documents. Your refusal was based on the answers you gave at the interview, which in all honesty your answers were lacking in intellectual capacity expected of a graduate . You were probably nervous during the interview and what was coming out of your mouth and what was in your head were two different things.

You sef read what you responded to those questions. Did they make any sense to you?

Why did I read this in an “angry parent” tone??! grin

In all honesty, I was laughing my head off reading that refusal letter. @OP, this is what I think

1. Don’t bother wasting your time, money and effort(s) for an AR. They clearly have a recording of your call with them and the nature of responses provided from your end is enough grounds to refuse you a student visa, especially for a PG course! Excuses could have been made for an undergrad with zero tertiary education/experience.

2. You should have requested to interview at another time, if possible. It’s totally understandable if you have a conflict/clashing schedule and I’m sure with a well written email, they could have accommodated your request and rescheduled (I may be wrong). However, I understand you panicked and resorted to having the interview anyway.

3. In any case, on what grounds would you even be requesting for AR? I am surprised to hear that you were interviewed for a student visa as that’s not a common scenario. My guess is that they already concluded on a possible refusal but scheduled the interview for avoidance of doubt. Possible reason could be that something was off in your application, in their opinion.

Just indulge my curiosity… I really would like to hear your perspective on why you think the refusal is unfounded

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by TCD: 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2023
olaleyeh5:

Brother if that AR dey your mind. Oya just go ahead. You will not rest until you have done it. And will keep asking yourself what if.

Go ahead. But dont hold your breath or hopes up.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olaleyeh5: 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2023
@TCD thanks brr ..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2023
olaleyeh5:

AR involves being able to counter the decision of the Entry clearance officer by providing evidence the person was :

Not fair at all,

Could have been more fair by providing you more room to possibly succeed..

Or did not follow policy....

Or u have new evidence to back your application.....

The truth is u don lose guard...she caught u off guard and went for the kill........I wont say u wont succeed if u go for AR ....but baba....the odds are not in ur favor....the ECO caught u by the balls, pushed u further to shoot urself in the leg and got every reason to trash ur application

if u choose to go for AR, the only card left to play is to kinda beg....sheffield AR teams are a bit kind..

.. tell them u were totally nervous during the interview and u were not composed at all to sell urself well.....and u hoped that the ECO could have been a bit kind to notice and perhaps, give u some room to gain composure...... that u are not askimg for much but a chance to show u deserve to have this degree as it would greatly help ur career and positioning in the labour market

... its a long shot though.....

But if na me ooo...i wont do AR...

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2023
Mobil567:

Have you even read your own responses? Will you grant yourself visa? Smh

U are wicked.....ur vawulence is follow come... its in ur blood... grin

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by thelma76(f): 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2023
But jokes aside, I think they will begin scrutinizing (student) visa applications a lot more moving forward. Not sure if they have quotas for it but they’re probably close to whatever targets they’ve set and will probably be more critical of people’s candidacy.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by olaleyeh5: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
They have all worked before at the Home Office, I guess😂😂 black people and they have their own oo..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
TCD:

Mogbe' easy nahhh grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Newbiein2016: 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
@OP, If you insist on going through with AR, this is a good way to frame it but I'm not optimistic about the outcome.

advanceDNA:

if u choose to go for AR, the only card left to play is to kinda beg....sheffield AR teams are a bit kind..

.. tell them u were totally nervous during the interview and u were not composed at all to sell urself well.....and u hoped that the ECO could have been a bit kind to notice and perhaps, give u some room to gain composure...... that u are not askimg for much but a chance to show u deserve to have this degree as it would greatly help ur career and positioning in the labour market

... its a long shot though.....

But if na me ooo...i wont do AR...

Given this was transcribed from your interview session, I'm sorry to share that your replies were incoherent, demonstrated subpar listening & comprehension skills and overall, lacked clarity which further dampened your credibility.

You should have sought to reschedule this and prep a little more as I'm afraid the AR might not yield positive outcomes either going by this only.

olaleyeh5:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by geolan(m): 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
Submitted my application on the 6th of April for renewal 2 years. Noticed it has been transferred to VAC now. They acting fast on applications now even with the 2 days holiday they also had.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Star721: 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good day gurus in the house. Please can anyone assist me with the link to Northumbria University Newcastle? Either Whatsapp or telegram group or both. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jaja01(m): 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2023
Good evening guys... Please does anyone know how I can get a group for UK Spouse visa.. This group "UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process- part 2 - Travel" on nairaland has stopped functioning for long... I just wanna know if there is anyone (group) where I can get accurate information on the visa I'm applying for as this group doesn't relate to matters that concerns UK spouse visa or have people stopped travelling through such route. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crossbonehelped: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hello house
Can I travel with an international passport that has a 3 moth validity?
My visit visa will be expiring in Nov 2023.
My wife is presently in the uk working as a doctor and I intend to apply for a dependant visa next month.
Will o still be allowed entry into the UKif I’m traveling with a passport that has an expiry date that is less than 6 months if I’m on a Tier 2 visa with a BRP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by infosoftlife: 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2023
olaleyeh5:

Sorry about it.
This will prevent some schools from issuing you CAS.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
advanceDNA:

U are wicked.....ur vawulence is follow come... it’s in ur blood... grin
Wicked but true.Am sorry but the responses made no sense and it is quite shameful to say the least coming from a graduate.Even if you were under pressure you would at least be coherent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (656) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: Chapecoense(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.