Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,392 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (904798 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (651) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 11:24am On May 24, 2023
gerrald02:
Yes to whom it may concern is fine.

I just went through the process.

Please did you apply for the statement of comparability along side the main English Proficiency stuff.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jayyjay: 12:40pm On May 24, 2023
Please how much will be okay for a 10-day business visit to UK..basically covering flight, accommodation and feeding??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 1:38pm On May 24, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by gerrald02: 2:24pm On May 24, 2023
Your requests depends on what you want to use the Ecctis statement for which is shown below.

https://www.ecctis.com/Qualifications/FindTheServiceForYou.aspx

For my purpose I did the visa & nationality service(English proficiency).

Once the documents were uploaded took 2weeks to get mine.

Chudycharles:

Please did you apply for the statement of comparability along side the main English Proficiency stuff.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mbanolady: 3:49pm On May 24, 2023
Blessedsteph:

My only advice is to please declare that you had been refused visa in the past, state why. They like honesty. If you leave out this information it may lead to them banning you for 10yrs.
Regarding your business account, please open a personal account then pay yourself a monthly salary from that account.
Thanks for your response, like how many months do I need to pay myself now before applying since am only going because its summer time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by CanadaQueen: 4:10pm On May 24, 2023
OK thanks so much for your kind response. I appreciate.

gerrald02:
Yes to whom it may concern is fine.

I just went through the process.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by narpheesarh: 5:37pm On May 24, 2023
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions as regards my brother's visit visa application. He has been granted. Submitted all University related evidence and his bank statement highlighting the funds he receives from parents and siblings.

Another question please. If my outward journey to the UK is through KLM (Amsterdam) and inward back to Nigeria is via Air France (paris). Will I need an airport transit visa or a short stay schengen visa? Its a bit confusing, considering I have to pass through 2 different airports. Anyone with transit visa experience please.thanks

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:44pm On May 24, 2023
narpheesarh:
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions as regards my brother's visit visa application. He has been granted. Submitted all University related evidence and his bank statement highlighting the funds he receives from parents and siblings. Another question please. If my outward journey to the UK is through KLM (Amsterdam) and inward back to Nigeria is via Air France (paris). Will I need an airport transit visa or a short stay schengen visa? Its a bit confusing, considering I have to pass through 2 different airports. Anyone with transit visa experience please.thanks
minimum required is airport transit visa for each leg.. however if you have a Schenghen, American, Japanese or Canadian visa you are fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by narpheesarh: 5:59pm On May 24, 2023
giselle237:
minimum required is airport transit visa for each leg.. however if you have a Schenghen, American, Japanese or Canadian visa you are fine
Thank you giselle. So two separate applications? One for the armsterdam and the other for paris. Both can be submitted at Lagos French consulate right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:08pm On May 24, 2023
narpheesarh:

Thank you giselle. So two separate applications? One for the armsterdam and the other for paris. Both can be submitted at Lagos French consulate right?
british airways is on sale as long as you purchase tickets before may 30th.. you’re better off with that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 6:10pm On May 24, 2023
gerrald02:

Your requests depends on what you want to use the Ecctis statement for which is shown below.

https://www.ecctis.com/Qualifications/FindTheServiceForYou.aspx

For my purpose I did the visa & nationality service(English proficiency).

Once the documents were uploaded took 2weeks to get mine.

Alright thanks.. I get it now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by narpheesarh: 6:13pm On May 24, 2023
giselle237:
british airways is on sale as long as you purchase tickets before may 30th.. you’re better off with that
Oh really..when I compared flights using all these websites like opodo and Expedia, British Airways are so expensive, nothing less than 1 million. Will have a look at their website. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blessedsteph: 6:17pm On May 24, 2023
mbanolady:

Thanks for your response, like how many months do I need to pay myself now before applying since am only going because it’s summer time.

I think it’s 6 months account statement that is needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:00pm On May 24, 2023
narpheesarh:

Oh really..when I compared flights using all these websites like opodo and Expedia, British Airways are so expensive, nothing less than 1 million. Will have a look at their website. Thanks
very hard to see return with for less than 700k with short travel duration… summer is here. Anyway goodluck
Try and see if the form permits a longer duration? As this will be 2 entries into the region. I don’t know the nitty gritty of airport transit visa for the eu area
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mekanta7(m): 7:55pm On May 24, 2023
narpheesarh:
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions as regards my brother's visit visa application. He has been granted. Submitted all University related evidence and his bank statement highlighting the funds he receives from parents and siblings.

Another question please. If my outward journey to the UK is through KLM (Amsterdam) and inward back to Nigeria is via Air France (paris). Will I need an airport transit visa or a short stay schengen visa? Its a bit confusing, considering I have to pass through 2 different airports. Anyone with transit visa experience please.thanks
You're good to fly, so far You're not transiting more than 2 schengen zones.

My experience last December while flying from Heathrow to Mauritius:
I was bound Hthw - Amsterdam - Paris - MUR (kLM/ AirFrance)
On boarding at Heathrow Airport, the staff asked me if I have another passport, I said nope, na so she carry my passport komot enter inside room to confirm if I fit fly across, after confirming, na so she come back board me o.. say make I dey enter flight no shaking..
On getting to Amsterdam, layover was 10hrs overnight, and at then, they never display our next boarding gate. Na so guy man sleep for airport.
Fast forward, when my boarding gate later show, e come be say I gats pass immigration to cross over before getting to the gate, na so I reach immigration, then look my passport, tell me say I no fit cross, say I dey enter schengen zone. I explained to the officer, na so em carry my passport enter inside office, call their oga, still come out tell me say e no go work, say make I fly back to UK or make KLM redirect my flight from Amsterdam to MUR, omo I wan mad.
Na so I go KLM counter, go give report give them,
They come redirect my flight. I flew back to UK.
From UK, I fly go France, from France I fly enter Mauritius.

So hence you're not transiting more than 2 schengen zones, you won't pass immigration, you're good to fly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 8:25pm On May 24, 2023
narpheesarh:

You don’t need 2 separate applications. Apply for either a return airport transit visa (ATV) or multiple ATV.

There are three types of airport transit visa (ATV):

- A one-way ATV, which authorizes one-way transit through a Schengen country;

- A return ATV, which authorizes return airport transit through one or two Schengen countries;

- A multiple ATV, which authorizes several transits through one or more Schengen countries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 8:40pm On May 24, 2023
mekanta7:

You're good to fly, so far You're not transiting more than 2 schengen zones.

My experience last December while flying from Heathrow to Mauritius:
I was bound Hthw - Amsterdam - Paris - MUR (kLM/ AirFrance)
On boarding at Heathrow Airport, the staff asked me if I have another passport, I said nope, na so she carry my passport komot enter inside room to confirm if I fit fly across, after confirming, na so she come back board me o.. say make I dey enter flight no shaking..
On getting to Amsterdam, layover was 10hrs overnight, and at then, they never display our next boarding gate. Na so guy man sleep for airport.
Fast forward, when my boarding gate later show, e come be say I gats pass immigration to cross over before getting to the gate, na so I reach immigration, then look my passport, tell me say I no fit cross, say I dey enter schengen zone. I explained to the officer, na so em carry my passport enter inside office, call their oga, still come out tell me say e no go work, say make I fly back to UK or make KLM redirect my flight from Amsterdam to MUR, omo I wan mad.
Na so I go KLM counter, go give report give them,
They come redirect my flight. I flew back to UK.
From UK, I fly go France, from France I fly enter Mauritius.

So hence you're not transiting more than 2 schengen zones, you won't pass immigration, you're good to fly.

He will not be allowed to board here in Nigeria without the transit visa.

More importantly, it is boldly written on France and Germany's websites that Nigerian passport holders need a transit visa to change planes in the Schengen zone unless the passenger has a valid Schengen, USA, Canada, or Japan visa.

A plane ticket is damn expensive right now, so let him try to obtain a transit visa to avoid a touching story at the end of the day.

@narpheesarh

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 8:49pm On May 24, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

He will not be allowed to board here in Nigeria without the transit visa.

More importantly, it is boldly written on France and Germany's websites that Nigerian passport holders need a transit visa to change planes in the Schengen zone unless the passenger has a valid Schengen, USA, Canada, or Japan visa.

A plane ticket is damn expensive right now, so let him try to obtain a transit visa to avoid a touching story at the end of the day.

@narpheesarh

What of Royal Air Maroc, does one need a transit visa.

Thank you..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 9:03pm On May 24, 2023
Chudycharles:

Thank you..

Nope, you don’t need one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chudycharles: 9:06pm On May 24, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Nope, you don’t need one.

Alright thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:14pm On May 24, 2023
No, you do not need
Chudycharles:

Thank you..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 24, 2023
Good evening everyone
Please is there a Schengen Visa thread like this? I want to get details for France and Netherlands
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 9:43pm On May 24, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/1106291/securing-visa-france-applying-nigeria/331
AbigailUkaegbu:
Good evening everyone
Please is there a Schengen Visa thread like this? I want to get details for France and Netherlands
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PhilJames: 2:14am On May 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

Good morning. Please who is in the best position to invite a dependant parent (mother of my wife)? Me (the student) or my wife (dependant)?

Thank you very much as I await your responses....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 4:11am On May 25, 2023
AbigailUkaegbu:
Good evening everyone

Yes

https://www.nairaland.com/1106291/securing-visa-france-applying-nigeria/331
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:53am On May 25, 2023

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Nobody: 5:53am On May 25, 2023
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by VMpi744: 8:17am On May 25, 2023
Have you considered getting a rail card?

Depend13:
PLEASE I need advice not insult. Thank you in ADVANCE. I've been in the UK with this care visa work for seven months without my sponsor agency giving me work. Now I've been able to get work at a very far place outside London which I go to by entering train 5am while returning by 9 to 10pm. I cannot relocate to the place because I'm currently been accommodated by someone. Going to work is almost costing an arm and leg as I've not been paid till month end. Someone told me to be buying under age ticket rather than normal one. My main question is not the fine as life is risk BUT if caught, CAN IT AFFECT ILR IN 5 YEARS TIME?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mbanolady: 8:41am On May 25, 2023
Blessedsteph:

I think it’s 6 months account statement that is needed.
Ok, thanks so much. Can you please check your email I'd like to talk more on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Femaleoutfit: 9:26am On May 25, 2023
I never asked him/her not to declare that he has been refused visa before. I was responding to the personal account thing. I have done my biometrics and Yes i got my visa
Blessedsteph:

Have you done your biometrics? If not, I strongly advise you cancel that application and redo it. I know a few people here that was handed a 10yrs ban because they didn’t declare their previous visa refusal.
I wish you the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blessedsteph: 10:13am On May 25, 2023
Femaleoutfit:
I never asked him/her not to declare that he has been refused visa before. I was responding to the personal account thing. I have done my biometrics and Yes i got my visa
Very sorry I replied the wrong message. Was actually responding to the person that asked if he should declare previous refusal. Congrats on your visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by PhilJames: 10:34am On May 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

Good morning. Please who is in the best position to invite a dependant parent (mother of my wife)? Me (the student) or my wife (dependant)?

Thank you very much as I await your responses....

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (651) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.