Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,607 members, 7,944,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (983511 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
seunshrek:
@giselle @cashmadam @shootingstars

Please what’s your opinion?

I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Besides, you can't change anything now so just remain positive and hope for a favourable outcome. Do keep us informed.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tony2478: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
@Cashmadama,

Please can my Employer transfer into my account the sponsorship fund a week before I go for my Biometric,as stated on the sponsorship letter.

Let me know

Cashmadam:

Sorry, I no longer engage in personal discussions outside of this platform.

It appears that you are want to complicate issues for yourself for no reason.

Focus on your salary and the sponsorship from your employer. You don't need to prove you earn extra income from other sources.

Unless there is something you are not telling us.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
tony2478:
@Cashmadama,

Please can my Employer transfer into my account the sponsorship fund a week before I go for my Biometric,as stated on the sponsorship letter.

Let me know

Yes. However, it is not necessary. Just get a letter of sponsorship and your employer's statement of account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vinon: 3:03am On Sep 22, 2023
Please can I try before the main applicant as a dependant. My hubbys flight requires transit visa so he had to cancel the flight and I have already booked mine due in the next 2days. Can I travel first?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 9:32am On Sep 22, 2023
giselle237:
Different strokes for different folks. I checked your username and the visa(s) you have. You can try your luck.
Back to feed you back. I was granted. grin To think I forgot to attach my visas from other countries to proof the travel history I claimed in the form. Thank God for his mercies!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tony2478: 2:17pm On Sep 22, 2023
@Cashmadam,
Thanks for all your wise counsel on this platform.

I want to say it here that there is nothing am hiding or not telling the forum,maybe my explanation is not clear yet.

I have a job which I earn monthly salary from an Employer and they are the one sponsoring my trip for the business conference and they stated the benefits of the conference to me and to them(Employer).

Secondly,I do side business and make a monthly savings to a Co-operative Organisation (Social Club)and collect the total money at the end of each year.

Thirdly,I receive a yearly rent from my Tenant.

All I was trying to Ask or Explain is that, can I have this additional funds added to my salary account with documentary proof of the source of funds.

Please am here to learn.

Thanks for your time and God bless you all.

Cashmadam:

Sorry, I no longer engage in personal discussions outside of this platform.

It appears that you are want to complicate issues for yourself for no reason.

Focus on your salary and the sponsorship from your employer. You don't need to prove you earn extra income from other sources.

Unless there is something you are not telling us.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ShootingStar92: 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
tony2478:
@Cashmadam,
Thanks for all your wise counsel on this platform.

I want to say it here that there is nothing am hiding or not telling the forum,maybe my explanation is not clear yet.

I have a job which I earn monthly salary from an Employer and they are the one sponsoring my trip for the business conference and they stated the benefits of the conference to me and to them(Employer).

Secondly,I do side business and make a monthly savings to a Co-operative Organisation (Social Club)and collect the total money at the end of each year.

Thirdly,I receive a yearly rent from my Tenant.

All I was trying to Ask or Explain is that, can I have this additional funds added to my salary account with documentary proof of the source of funds.

Please am here to learn.

Thanks for your time and God bless you all.

You can add either the contribution statement of account from the co-operative showing your savings so far or a bank statement showing the amount leave your bank each month.

If your tenant pays rent to a different bank account then please add the statement from that bank too and then write a cover letter to explain and give context.

Recently, I completed my sister-in-law’s visit visa application and she did some saving with a cooperative which was deducted from her salary each month so we explained this in the letter and added her payslip showing the deducted amount with the name of the cooperative. Her visa was granted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tony2478: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
Thanks for your advise.I appreciate and God bless.

ShootingStar92:

You can add either the contribution statement of account from the co-operative showing your savings so far or a bank statement showing the amount leave your bank each month.

If your tenant pays rent to a different bank account then please add the statement from that bank too and then write a cover letter to explain and give context.

Recently, I completed my sister-in-law’s visit visa application and I did not she did some saving with a cooperative which was deducted from her salary each month so we explained this in the letter and added her payslip showing the deducted amount with the name of the cooperative. Her visa was granted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IamMobisola(f): 6:39am On Sep 23, 2023
Cc giselle Cc Cashmadam Cc ShootingStars92

Good morning to you all.
I intend to apply for a Visit visa to the UK. My sister is a medical doctor in an NHS(her 3rd year in the UK). She is sponsoring me. But I have my own business that I run here in Nigeria with a physical location which is CAC registered since last year march and with an ACTIVE STATUS on their site. I have 15mil in my account that I use to run the business. I don’t have landed properties but my parents do.
I plan to apply by November ending to spend Christmas with my sister in the Uk.

My question is with my sister’s bank statement in the UK and my own bank statement in Nigeria, would i be qualified to be granted the Visiting visa if I apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 7:34am On Sep 23, 2023
IamMobisola:

Good morning to you all.
I intend to apply for a Visit visa to the UK. My sister is a medical doctor in an NHS(her 3rd year in the UK). She is sponsoring me. But I have my own business that I run here in Nigeria with a physical location which is CAC registered since last year march and with an ACTIVE STATUS on their site. In a month, I have at least 2 million naira debit and credit alert for my business transactions though the money I use for my business is way more than that and my profit in a month goes close to 500k and 1 million. I don’t have landed properties but my parents do.

My question is with my sister’s bank statement in the UK and my own bank statement in Nigeria, would i be qualified to be granted the Visiting visa if I apply?
Ur bank account is not clear. As an adult they are more comfortable when you the visiting adult would be able to pay for your trip.
Your sister’s circumstances as a medical Doctor will not be used to assess your application as it is your circumstance that matter. If you land the UK tomorrow they need to be able to guess that you won’t run away and this does not have anything to do with ur sister as if u abscond they can not hold her.
It looks like your bank account is not straight forward. I dnt advise that but u may be lucky to meet an ECO who does not look at ur account but wud look at ur sister’s own alone as she is d sponsor. The chances of this is very slim.
Even though u will not be sponsoring the trip, I would advise you have an account of someone that can comfortably sponsor your trip as this way the ECO would be more willing to fake chances on u than what u have written above. Few exceptions might be if you are quite young or quite old like the parents who they believe might not necessarily want to run away at that age.
Money moving to and fro the account is NO proof that the account is making profits at a certain level and that you would not recourse to public funds if the need arises.
What’s your age range if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IamMobisola(f): 7:43am On Sep 23, 2023
giselle237:

Ur bank account is not clear. As an adult they are more comfortable when you the visiting adult would be able to pay for your trip.
Your sister’s circumstances as a medical Doctor will not be used to assess your application as it is your circumstance that matter. If you land the UK tomorrow they need to be able to guess that you won’t run away and this does not have anything to do with ur sister as if u abscond they can not hold her.
It looks like your bank account is not straight forward. I dnt advise that but u may be lucky to meet an ECO who does not look at ur account but wud look at ur sister’s own alone as she is d sponsor. The chances of this is very slim.
Even though u will not be sponsoring the trip, I would advise you have an account of someone that can comfortably sponsor your trip as this way the ECO would be more willing to fake chances on u than what u have written above. Few exceptions might be if you are quite young or quite old like the parents who they believe might not necessarily want to run away at that age.
Money moving to and fro the account is NO proof that the account is making profits at a certain level and that you would not recourse to public funds if the need arises.
Oh okay.
I can sponsor my trip by myself, as I have up to 15 mil with me. But my sister insists on being the sponsor. I am 27 years old
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EdoBoy90(m): 9:08am On Sep 23, 2023
Is there any where I can access a loan in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ShootingStar92: 9:16am On Sep 23, 2023
giselle237:

Be prepared to prove your ties to your home country Nigeria as it isn’t solely about the money especially given how young you are.
As a business owner, you will need to prove that your business is actually making profit by submitting your tax clearance cert.
You want to spend Christmas with your sister in the UK, how many weeks will your stay last? Who will manage your business in your absence?

Your sister can still sponsor the trip and provide you a letter of invitation where she will also explain why she is sponsoring you.

The why will need to be very convincing too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jvas: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2023
Good day to all and happy weekend.
Please what can I do in this kind of situation.
My wife is the one going to UK as a student and she is going with our son, while I continue to do my business in Nigeria. Attached is the message that was sent to my wife now as regards our son's application. Meanwhile I have 5 years visiting visa. Looking forward to your responses. Thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2023
IamMobisola:

Oh okay.
I can sponsor my trip by myself, as I have up to 15 mil with me. But my sister insists on being the sponsor. I am 27 years old
How did you accrue the 15 million? They want to see paper trail of how this was accrued, evidence that your business is trading at the level to have this amount of money etc.
you’ll also need to write a cover letter to explain every grey areas especially about your business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:49am On Sep 23, 2023
Jvas:
Good day to all and happy weekend.
Please what can I do in this kind of situation.
My wife is the one going to UK as a student and she is going with our son, while I continue to do my business in Nigeria. Attached is the message that was sent to my wife now as regards our son's application. Meanwhile I have 5 years visiting visa. Looking forward to your responses. Thanks.
The email is very explicit.
Not going to work because you have 5 years visit visa.
Both parents have to be going for child to be granted OR provide serious compelling reasons why child should travel without the father seeing that you are not divorced and that mother also does not have sole custody. Mother also can not say you are dead or not in child’s life.
ECO’s argument is that the child can as well stay back with you in Nigeria since you do not plan on travelling and mother is going for studies which is temporary and can come back after her studies. ECO wants child to have love and care of both parents 24/7 in foreign land.
Both of you should be applying or providing strong COMPELLING reasons why you cant go + evidence of school and care arrangements for the child that you have already put in place.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IamMobisola(f): 11:54am On Sep 23, 2023
giselle237:
How did you accrue the 15 million? They want to see paper trail of how this was accrued, evidence that your business is trading at the level to have this amount of money etc.
you’ll also need to write a cover letter to explain every grey areas especially about your business.
Bank statements for a year should suffice for that right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kunleop: 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
Good day guys!!

Thank you for all the works you on this thread.

How can i invite my mother to UK as she's unemployed back home, I lost my father years ago, she's doing anything in Nigeria, I'm the taking care of her needs.

How can i invite her and what are the documents she need to provide.

Pls note my wife pregnant and due to deliver in March.

Pls note, I'm a resident in UK, working with NHS and i have all the documents I can used to sponsor her.

Kindly assist.

I'm asking because of the limited ties to my home country.

@Cashmadam @Gisselle@shootingstar92
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jvas: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Thanks so much for this. I'm really grateful .
giselle237:

Both parents have to be going for child to be granted OR provide serious compelling reasons why child should travel without the father seeing that you are not divorced and that mother also does not have sole custody. Mother also can not say you are dead or not in child’s life.
ECO’s argument is that the child can as well stay back with you in Nigeria since you do not plan on travelling and mother is going for studies which is temporary and can come back after her studies. ECO wants child to have love and care of both parents 24/7 in foreign land.
Both of you should be applying or providing strong COMPELLING reasons why you cant go + evidence of school and care arrangements for the child that you have already put in place.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jvas: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
Hope I can write that I have made adequate provision for the child through my younger brother who is already living in UK
giselle237:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:00pm On Sep 23, 2023
IamMobisola:

Good morning to you all.
I intend to apply for a Visit visa to the UK. My sister is a medical doctor in an NHS(her 3rd year in the UK). She is sponsoring me. But I have my own business that I run here in Nigeria with a physical location which is CAC registered since last year march and with an ACTIVE STATUS on their site. I have 15mil in my account that I use to run the business. I don’t have landed properties but my parents do.

Please focus on your own money. As an adult, your financial and personal circumstances will be assessed.

I suggest you also build your savings in your own personal account. Not your business account. Savings in your company account will not count.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kunleop:
Good day guys!!

How can i invite my mother to UK as she's unemployed back home, I lost my father years ago, she's doing anything in Nigeria, I'm the taking care of her needs.

Pls note, I'm a resident in UK, working with NHS and i have all the documents I can used to sponsor her.

Kindly assist.

@Cashmadam @Gisselle@shootingstar92

Explain in a cover letter that you would like her to spend some time with you and your family. You miss her etc

Also, show evidence that you support her - e.g her account statement showing the money you send to her (I assume you send money to her account). Add all the other relevant documents.

It's a 50/50 as she doesn't really have ties to Nigeria. It's worth trying...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2023
Jvas:
Hope I can write that I have made adequate provision for the child through my younger brother who is already living in UK
What is the documentary proof? Does your brother not have his own life? Have you legally transferred parental responsibility to your brother? There are grey areas and any decision the ECO is taking will be in the best interest of the child and not your interest or your wife’s interest. Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
Kunleop:
Good day guys!
Kindly assist.
Think of anything else that could be her tie.
1. Her other children are they in Nigeria? Other grandchildren? If yes add this to the application and provide proofs of their passport or birth certificates or id to show this.
2 . The house she is living in, it would help if it belongs to either her or your dad.. u can provide this. If it is rented, it would also be a little bit helpful if she has lives here for a long time. Some people also provide receipts of rent payments and agreements to cover over the period the applicant would be in the UK
3. Any assets at all? Any cars? Any society she belongs to ? Any trade she is into even informally? Farming,? Fishing ? It’s about showing something so try to think outside the box and see what u can find.
Reason of trip- should be that your mom is your best friend and you miss her. Working with the NHS, due to short staffing sometimes leave requests are not approved in time and u may not get enough time to go visit her but you would really like your mom to visit as tomorrow is not promised bla bla bla

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
giselle237:
OP
If I might add, your sister should add in her invitation letter that you will stay with her (accommodation) , and that shell provide food.

You can also mention this in your cover letter.
This way you sponsoring yourself covers flight costs plus any other vacation expenses.

Business account statements and business docs
Your bank statements to prove your personal finances
Then your sisters bank statement

Look through your bank statements that you want to provide and note any influx or outflow you have to explain in cover letter.

Pls keep cover letter simple and concise, you can explain in headings different things you want to highlight.
Eg.
Accommodation
Sis will XXXXX
Personal bank statements
Xxxx

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Taal17: 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
Jvas:

Nope. They just quoted the law for you.
It's better both you and your son apply for dependent visa and you go with him You don't have to live in the UK you can take your son their , do your initial new immigrant registration get him settled and come back to your business.
It won't affect your current 5yr visa. Having it is a plus for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Taal17:
Nope. They just quoted the law for you.
It's better both you and your son apply for dependent visa and you go with him You don't have to live in the UK you can take your son their , do your initial new immigrant registration get him settled and come back to your business.
It won't affect your current 5yr visa. Having it is a plus for you.
The visit visa will be cancelled once the dependent visa goes live as can not be visitor and temporary resident at same time but yes with dependent visa can go and come at any time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Peachesarewhite: 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
@giselle237 and other sabi minds
please I need your opinion.

I am applying to attend my sister's graduation. I want to book a hotel on booking.com for the purpose of my application. (My sister stays in 1 room apartment)

My problem is, I have not seen any hotel that accepts payment on arrival. They're all requesting my card details to complete the process. What do I do? Help a novice please. I've travelled out before(not Uk) but stayed with family so I'm new to this hotel booking thing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by IamMobisola(f): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
Cashmadam:

Please focus on your own money. As an adult, your financial and personal circumstances will be assessed.

I suggest you also build your savings in your own personal account. Not your business account. Savings in your company account will not count.
I don’t use a business account actually, just my savings account since I started the business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ayofemidara: 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
Please help,my ticket requires transit Visa and my flight is in few days ,how do I apply for transit Visa and how long does it take

(1) (2) (3) ... (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) ... (687) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: Segun889 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.