Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,518 members, 7,885,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (910194 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (655) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
chima1978:

Got my pick up documents email from TLS today. Will pick it up tomorrow. Biometrics done 21/11. Fingers crossed.
congrats🎉

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Sweetjam:
i applied for a uk visa and my biometric was on 21st November,I got a mail that my application has arrived at the dmc on 27th and next mail I got was from tls on Monday 4 that my passport will be delivered.I didn’t get the “a decision has been made on your application email “ I hope I got the Visa?
has your passport been delivered?? I want to know how long dhl takes to deliver after you get the “will be delivered” email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sweetjam: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2023
EstherOA:
has your passport been delivered?? I want to know how long dhl takes to deliver after you get the “will be delivered” email.
Dhl called me the following day on their way to the address I dropped but I rescheduled.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by EstherOA: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2023
Sweetjam:

Dhl called me the following day on their way to the address I dropped but I rescheduled.
Alright. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by delyht: 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2023
Pls how much is visa fees for dependant under cos sponsorship, both kids and adult (father). Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by SPDAZZY(f): 10:16pm On Dec 07, 2023
Kambelu:
Please can someone help me with the address for writing a cover and invitation letter for someone applying for ph? I’ve been asking. Pls someone help me with it cry

The Entry Clearance Officer,
British Deputy High Commission,
Port Harcourt, Nigeria,
230 Olu Obasanjo Road
Port Harcourt,
Rivers State – Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladylco: 3:21am On Dec 08, 2023
HaifaT:
Milito, Thanks a lot for your response.
Can you confirm that a bank could write such a letter ? My mom called her agency and they claimed that the highest proof is the bank statement with the stamp (which have been provided). Moreover, they don't usually do such letters.
We will still try again with them.
Do you have any idea of the fees for such lawyer and procedure ?

Thanks Ă  lot,

Haifa

They can get Reference letter from the bank, this will specify the details of the accounts and Some might also start the clsoing balance as at.

My parents just got their 10yrs visa today, Submitted & Payment confirmation Nov 18th, Self document upload Nov 19th Biometrics/Application transferred to UKVI & Trf to DMC sameday Nov 21, No other email or tracking update till 3pm Dec 6th that they sent Travel Document Ready for Collection email and the track move from Trf to DMC to Pport ready for collection same Dec 6th. first thing Dec 7th morning my Dad went for the collection.

I and my sister in the uk who is graduating is sponsoring. She transfered N1m from her business account to my dad's account few days to the application; which we attached a receipt of the transfer and stated in our letter of sponsorship that we did that to show that they have access to funds even though all their travel expenses are being taken care of by us (all children are adults and are all willinging to sponsor)
My mum also claimed no source of income as she has always been a full house wife.
We made our dad get his bank statement and as well as reference letter from his bank.
My Parents UK visas last one being 2019, USA visas last one being 2019, Canada visas which they never used anyone of them despite several renewals; all my mum's visa expired, only my dad's visa is expiring next year april same time his Int pport is expiring
I provided my USA bank account statment as well as Confirmation of deposits in my account
My sister provided her British bank statement, Her Nigerian dormicilliary USD, GBP and EURO account statment along with reference letter from the bank which stated all 3 domicilliary accounts in the letter
My sister's investment Letter and statement of Account from Nigeria
Invitation letter from their UK host (who has always invited them for all their trips They both have 6mth and 2 yrs visas in the passed last visa expired 2019) for 1month stay, Host ID and his statement ( he submitted this just for proof of Address)
My sister graduation IV taking place next week
2 Days accomodation (6Man Dorm grin) @booking.com at my sister's location
My Age declaration I did years ago( this has my pphoto and that of my mum's)
1 familiy photo, 1 photo of my sister with my parents taken on her Unilag Grad day (these are only document we submited for her link of relationship as her birth certificate is those ones that dont have parents name on it. It just stated the hospital name, her name (written in pencil) weight, date and time of birth,
My sister BRP, Int pport bio data page, British DL
MY USA SScard and DL
Sponsor letter signed by my sister and I

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladylco: 3:25am On Dec 08, 2023
chima1978:
Is there anyone here who did biometrics on November 21st that has got a pick up email from TLS?

Yes My parents just got their 10yrs visa today, Submitted & Payment confirmation Nov 18th, Biometrics/Application transferred to UKVI & Trf to DMC sameday Nov 21, No other email or tracking update till 3pm Dec 6th that they sent Travel Document Ready for Collection email and the track move from Trf to DMC to Pport ready for collection same Dec 6th. first thing Dec 7th morning my Dad went for the collection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladylco: 3:32am On Dec 08, 2023
Rerin:
Good afternoon house. My appointment is 8am tomorrow.
I have uploaded all documents as at now. Whenever I click submit button on tls site, it kept on giving me an error message " an error occurred during the submission".
I used another device that is phone and another laptop but giving me same error message. Please what else should I do? What could be the reason? Is there any time frame or maximum time we can self upload on tls portal?

Check and be sure that all categories is selected for every uploaded documents. I think I had similar error then i checked and noticed that I did'nt select the category for a particular upload.

Try using your computer to complete this step and not your phone as it may be hiding some items on the platform

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kambelu(f): 10:14am On Dec 08, 2023
cbn4main:
I used the below address and biometrics was in ph and I have my Visa now.

UK Visas and Immigration
Sheffield
United Kingdom.

It may be a wrong address sha. I doubt of the address matter anyways

Ok thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kambelu(f): 10:18am On Dec 08, 2023
SPDAZZY:

British Deputy High Commission,
Port Harcourt, Nigeria,
230 Olu Obasanjo Road
Port Harcourt,
Rivers State – Nigeria

Ok thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 10:35am On Dec 08, 2023
Please I have a question:

Can I apply for 10years straight after the expiration of my 6-months Visit Visa?
What is the possibility of been given?
And what are the things I can do with the 6-month Visit Visa before it expires that can help me get a 10-year straight?

Thanks...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:

Can I apply for 10years straight after the expiration of my 6-months Visit Visa?
And what are the things I can do with the 6-month Visit Visa before it expires that can help me get a 10-year straight?

Thanks...

Try. If you can risk the money for the visa. Nobody can assure you of success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladylco: 3:33pm On Dec 08, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:

Thanks...

Yes you can if you can afford it.
You have to proof that you meet all requirments to be granted
do not violate the condition of your visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Blackfinegirl(f): 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2023
Pls who knows how long tls can keep a passport after visa is approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sanyaolurilwan(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2023
Please sir

What are the requirements?

ladylco:

Yes you can if you can afford it.
You have to proof that you meet all requirments to be granted
do not violate the condition of your visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:
Please sir

grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2023
Blackfinegirl:
Pls who knows how long tls can keep a passport after visa is approved.

It is stated on their site

https://pos.tlscontact.com/los_en/

"Peruse through"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ladylco: 2:53am On Dec 09, 2023
sanyaolurilwan:
Please sir

Same requirement that qualifies you to obtain a Visa.

Check their website for all information
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Saysozzz: 9:26am On Dec 09, 2023
Please elders I need una help.
Am on student visa and my wife is my dependent..
I couldn't finish my course due to pending school fees I had on January, last month I wrote to my school to interrupt my studies which was approved by my course leader..
Now my visa is expiring January and am trying to get CoS for my wife to switch as main applicant then I switch as her dependent but someone is saying that it's not possible for me to switch again,
Please how true is that and also any other way I can use to switch my visa please.
Your advice and input is much appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:20am On Dec 09, 2023
Saysozzz:
I couldn't finish my course due to pending school fees I had on January, last month I wrote to my school to interrupt my studies which was approved by my course leader..
Now my visa is expiring January and am trying to get CoS for my wife to switch as main applicant then I switch as her dependent but someone is saying that it's not possible for me to switch again,
Please how true is that and also any other way I can use to switch my visa please.

Nah only God hands Una dey this period. I think the immigration policies are everywhere in the news already.

Omoh. They are putting a clamp to the student visa switch from either January or spring
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by cbn4main: 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2023
I really do not understand what you meant by "interrupt" and the implications.
But here is what students in your circumstances can do:
1). Try and attend all your classes and perhaps have some outstanding resits (failed modules). You are not under any contract with your university to pass all your papers. The most important thing is class attendance.
2). Go ahead and get COS and Wait until the end of your course completion date as stated in your CAS. Then, you and your partner should apply and switch.

Disclaimer: Please, we don't encourage abandonment of studies.

Going back to your question, you can switch to a dependant visa(tier 2) after your course completion date (even though you have outstanding papers).
It is only PSW that requires you to pass all your papers and your university must confirm it to UKVI via the SMS platform.

Cheers
Saysozzz:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
Saysozzz:

Hey 🤠

People might add salt into your injury . Go and see a reputable visa attorney over there in the UK . You will spend little money but the attorney will guide you appropriately.

Best Wishes 🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Meshach171(m): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2023
Good day everyone, I want to apply for a 2 weeks UK visa. What's the appropriate amount to put as the money I plan to spend during my visit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Onyiiiiibeke(f): 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2023
Hi, has anyone who did biometrics on 23/11 in PH gotten his or her passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by simplesss: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2023
Please Members, Someone applied for CoS at his work bt will be out by this December or early January as care worker, is there any hope of bringing in dependent due to this new immigration policy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Thegamingorca(m): 10:32am On Dec 10, 2023
simplesss:
Please Members, Someone applied for CoS at his work bt will be out by this December or early January as care worker, is there any hope of bringing in dependent due to this new immigration policy?

Omoh

The COS you ppl are getting how much are dey paying that you will still sponsor dependent ontop?

I think you ought to ask the ppl providing you with the COS whether your dependent can benefit or not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:38am On Dec 10, 2023
According to reports, only 25% of dependants are in active work. Maybe we should also ask, how dependants are surviving in the UK with the unfavaroble conditions
Thegamingorca:

Omoh

The COS you ppl are getting how much are dey paying that you will still need dependent?

I think you ought to ask the ppl providing you with the COS whether your dependent can benefit or not?

Approximately, 120,000 dependant accompanied 100,000 MA in the year running as reported by Cleverly.

You know these people keep records, it was not just an irritational decision to wake up and take that step.

People misuse opportunities.

It is also reported that Nigerians has more dependants in the Uk than our counterparts from other regions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by illuminaty(m): 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Omoh

The COS you ppl are getting how much are dey paying that you will still sponsor dependent ontop?

I don't get...

Pls correct me if am wrong

As a dependent especially a graduate, is it impossible to get a job outside care

I tot the main person can do the car job while the dependent looks for another job

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MaestroBerber: 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
70-100 daily, without depositing large suspicious sums in your account.
Meshach171:
Good day everyone, I want to apply for a 2 weeks UK visa. What's the appropriate amount to put as the money I plan to spend during my visit?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Milito: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2023
https://m.timesofindia.com/india/indians-get-1/3rd-of-all-uk-visas-china-2nd-with-13/articleshow/105884198.cms

Indians get 1/3rd of all UK visas, China 2nd with 13%

In the year ending June 2023, Indian nationals accounted for the highest proportion (30%) of visitor visas granted, followed by Chinese visitor nationals (13%), Nigerian nationals (6%) and Turkish nationals (6%).

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (655) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: fortunes01

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.