Stats: 3,175,512 members, 7,895,139 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:17 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (924298 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (660) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by somebody1: 7:37pm On Jun 05
giselle237:
oh sorry… all still apply minus the Canada part… and it makes it even more difficult that you do not have the money to sponsor yourself. .. are you aged under 23 years? If you are very young, you can make a case by saying you are very young and so can not be expected to be married, own a property, assets, investments etc at 23 years old in a third world country…that most of the 23 yr olds or less in a country such as yours have same economic circumstances as you… hence you needing a sponsor… if this is not your story then you have to bring forth your own home ties.
Having 500k and no exact salary and more or less nothing to show to the ECO that would make u come back makes u very likely to be refused

I was invited by brother in law and he offered to sponsor my trip since he and his wife(my sister) couldn't come to Nigeria while my mum was sick until her death and burial. And that I have not seen them for a long time and was unable to attend their wedding.
Home ties: My bar dues/practicing dues for 2024; having an aging dad who is still mourning the loss of his wife;leave approval from my boss and evidence of attending the bar conference in August.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Preshyi: 7:42pm On Jun 05
Please I am inviting my Mum to visit, she is employed and I have all the employment documents. My concern is that her personal account has had lump deposits in the past 6 months as she has real estate investments and other side hustles. The money was not paid in at the same time nor was it paid in close to period of her application. But how does one explain lump sums from personal investments? We have land documents to attach but will that not be seen as an asset rather than an investment? Make Una help abeg
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by America001: 8:26pm On Jun 05
Hey gurus, UK I have served my mother in-law breakfast.
She applied for a visit visa to visit me and my family. I stated that I'll be her sponsor and provided all relevant documents but I think the part where she was asked how much she would be contributing to the trip messed everything up.

I'll attach a copy of the refusal for you all to help me analyze cos we definitely want to re-apply.

Thanks bosses and bossets

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by akintola213: 9:45pm On Jun 05
America001:
She applied for a visit visa to visit me and my family. I stated that I'll be her sponsor and provided all relevant documents but I think the part where she was asked how much she would be contributing to the trip messed everything up.

I'll attach a copy of the refusal for you all to help me analyze cos we definitely want to re-apply.

Did you attach her payslips?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tobinofadipe: 11:23pm On Jun 05
Good evening
Gurus in the house, please I am trying to upload documents on TLS but it keeps bringing me to attached page.
Please review and advise if there is something I'm doing wrong.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tobinofadipe: 12:34am On Jun 06
When I try to upload any documents, it keeps popping out an error has occured please try again.

tobinofadipe:
Good evening
Gurus in the house, please I am trying to upload documents on TLS but it keeps bringing me to attached page.
Please review and advise if there is something I'm doing wrong.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jamesclooney: 6:25am On Jun 06
America001:

I think the problem was her bank statement not the £100 she was contributing to the trip. Because a £100 is less than two months salary for her.

How much was her balance and what was the source of income? Someone with a salary of less than 200k shouldn’t have an unexplained big statement balance like 5m naira upwards etc. it needs to make sense, so it’s not like account padding was done before 4 - 6 months statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by crackcrack: 7:24am On Jun 06
crackcrack:
Good morning, guys. I am having a dilemma, and I need URGENT advice, please.

My trip is in a few days, and I have already booked a hotel room for my entire stay. I haven't paid yet; I will be paying at the property. I informed my friend that I will be visiting, and he suggested I come stay at his place, which is a few hours away from London. The plan is for me to spend just a few nights in my London hotel and spend the rest of my trip at his house.

My issue is I did not mention this friend on my application because I was not planning on staying with him. I fully intended to stay in the hotel, but his offer came up, and I thought it might be nice to spend some time with him.

I am thinking of changing my hotel booking to just the first few days, but I am worried that if I show up at Heathrow will a hotel reservation that doesn't cover the whole trip, it might pose an issue with Border officials.

The most important thing to me is to not get harassed or bothered at the point of entry. But I also don't want to have to pay for a hotel when I have an offer to stay with somebody for free.

How can I navigate this? Please advise. Thanks.

UPDATE

So I got really great advice from people when I tabled this issue a few days ago. I passed through Border Force yesterday and thought to share my experience with the thread, in case anyone might be in the same situation in the future.

This is the transcript between me and the Border Force Officer at Heathrow. He was a middle-aged British-Indian man.

Me: Good evening. (Handed him my passport).
BFO: Good evening, sir.

He takes my fingerprints.

BFO: Where are you coming from?
Me: Nigeria.
BFO: What are you in the UK for?
Me: A short holiday.
BFO: How long will you be here?
Me: Just a week.
BFO: What's your profession back in Nigeria?

I told him my job title and the kind of company I work for.

BFO: Do you own the company?
Me: No. I'm just an employee.
BFO: What's the name of the company?

I told him.

BFO: Will you be going back to resume work for the company?
Me: Yes, I will.
BFO: Where will you be staying? Did you book a hotel?
Me: Yes, I booked a hotel.

Because he specifically asked if I booked a hotel, I thought he was going to ask to see the reservation. So I immediately told him I would be staying in the hotel for a few days and then visiting with a friend. He didn't ask anything about my friend or ask to see the reservation.

BFO: Do you have a return ticket?
Me: Yes, I do.
BFO: Can I see it?

I give him the return ticket printout.

BFO: What date are you going back to Nigeria?

I thought this was a trick question because he was literally holding my ticket and could see the date. Anyways, I tell him the return date.

He then hands me back my ticket and stamps my passport.

BFO: Enjoy your time in the UK.
Me: Thank you.

Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. The whole thing felt like a brief chat with a friend. Like many people said on the thread, Border Force knows that plans can and do change. So even if you have to tweak things a bit from your visa application, it should be fine, as long as you are genuinely a tourist and you have no intention of overstaying.

Thanks to everyone that gives advice on this thread.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BruceXavier: 7:35am On Jun 06
tobinofadipe:
When I try to upload any documents, it keeps popping out an error has occured please try again.

I believe it's an error from their end. I'm currently experiencing the same issue with someone's application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olaoke16(m): 8:18am On Jun 06
I am aware that a 2-year-old child does not need to do biometrics for a UK visiting visa. Can I book an appointment for myself and take her international passport along? Do I need to book an appointment for her on the TSL site to submit her international passport and digital passport? Because I can only see premium appointments since three days ago on their site. Please, your advice is highly welcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:19am On Jun 06
Olaoke16:
I am aware that a 2-year-old child does not need to do biometrics for a UK visiting visa. Can I book an appointment for myself and take her international passport along? Do I need to book an appointment for her on the TSL site to submit her international passport and digital passport? Because I can only see premium appointments since three days ago on their site. Please, your advice is highly welcome.
She goes there. Her picture must be taken so she must have a booking as others. It is only the finger printing part a 2 year old does not do… every other process is same.
You are not the one to take the digital passport, TLS would take it and ask you to say aloud child’s DOB. She needs an appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Olaoke16(m): 8:20am On Jun 06
giselle237:

She goes there. Her picture must be taken so she must have a booking as others. It is only finger printing part a 2 year old does not do… every other process is same. She needs an appointment

Okay. Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by America001: 8:22am On Jun 06
akintola213:

Did you attach her payslips?

Yes I did
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by America001: 8:25am On Jun 06
Jamesclooney:

I think the problem was her bank statement not the £100 she was contributing to the trip. Because a £100 is less than two months salary for her.

How much was her balance and what was the source of income? Someone with a salary of less than 200k shouldn’t have an unexplained big statement balance like 5m naira upwards etc. it needs to make sense, so it’s not like account padding was done before 4 - 6 months statement.

Her balance was 600k plus. I honestly didn't look at the statement but will surely do before re-applying to make sure it's only her salary that's the source of all money paid into the account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:01pm On Jun 06
Bimri:
Thank you, Cashmadam

But what could have been done if it wasn’t too late?

Next time, she should seperate her personal and business accounts. Register her company and ensure it is active on the CAC portal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:04pm On Jun 06
Bimri:
US and Israel

Her US Visa should help. Let's hope for the best..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:07pm On Jun 06
Jamesclooney:
Hi gurus,

Need advice for a friend. Family of 4 want to visit UK. First timers. 6month visa

Husband is a business man, fully registered with all necessary docs. Owns land and lots of cash in the bank.
Wife works (200k/month salary).
They’ve got direct family in UK willing to accomodate/sponsor them to support the application to be successful.

Which scenario is better?

Scenario 1
- Husband applying alone.
- then wife and children apply after husband is successful.

Scenario 2
- husband, wife and 2 dependent children apply together.

Which has better chance of success? Also what are potential pitfalls? 4mths bank statement sufficient? Etc.

Thank you

Either scenerio will work.

Everything depends on their personal and financial circumstances.

If one of the parents has travel history, it does help. Since none has, I suggest they apply as a family - for family vacation.

6 months bank statement would be advisable. When it comes to applying for visas, take your time. Don't rush. It is better to get tit right and avoid a refusal.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:11pm On Jun 06
Livylicha:
Good morning everyone please I need your help.
I snd hubby want to visit the UK for 10days vacation in August.

Hubby has a very robust travel.history as he visited UK severally as a child, lived in Canada for 5 years for university and has visited Italy, China twice, Dubai, and Switzerland during the last 10 years.

I have visited dubai twice and Ghana once only.

Currently, we both have a valid 10 years canadian visa.

We have no kids yet, and run a flourishing business in Nigeria.

My sister relocated to the UK last year with her hubby via the sponsorship route.

Do we need a letter of invitation for this visa as we plan to stay in an Airbnb? How do we explain that though we would be seeing my sister, she's not the primary reason for the holiday. Do I include or omit her information?

What documents do we need? Hubby wanted us to use an agent, I said No, we don't need that, ill handle the application. Now I don't even know the first step to take.

I humbly need assistance.

Your husband's travel history will help. Please mention your sister and state that you will visit her but will not stay with her.

You don't need an invitation from your sister if you are not planning to stay with her.

Just ensure you fill the online form very carefully. If you need help as you go along, let us know. In addition, ensure you accounts are "clean". Use your personal account - not company account. You can provide your company account but it is your personal account that really matters.

Good luck!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:19pm On Jun 06
iamademola:

Hello @cashmadam and everyone with experience here.

I have a situation and I need urgent advice.

So my step daughter visa was refused not on the ground that I did not adopt her legally. But on the ground that the Sole custody document gotten by my wife from Lagos magistrate court could not be verified.

Please note that this documents was gotten genuinely and the court granted her sole custody as requested by ukvi in the NSF mail .
But now ukvi said they were unable to verify it, we sent someon to the court to verify the hardcopy it was there in their file. What could be wrong? How could Ukvi be doing their verification of this documents.

see attached image.

They need to verify the document you submitted.

Unfortunately, they were unable to verify the only document that would have helped them take a decision.

If you reapply, the same scenerio will play out.

The only other option available is for you to legally adopt your step daughter. That will take a while.

I pray you are able to sort this out. Good luck!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jamesclooney: 4:43pm On Jun 06
Cashmadam:

Either scenerio will work.

Everything depends on their personal and financial circumstances.

If one of the parents has travel history, it does help. Since none has, I suggest they apply as a family - for family vacation.

6 months bank statement would be advisable. When it comes to applying for visas, take your time. Don't rush. It is better to get tit right and avoid a refusal.

Thanks if they do as a couple only, leaving kids with grandparents for short holiday will that help with ties. Other ties are:
- Husband owns a business with CAC and robust accounts. However doesn’t pay himself a salary monthly to personal account. How can he mitigate the risk here?

- Wife. Has a remote job. Salary comes as forex but has to be moved around a bit and shows up on her dorm account as self deposits.

NB - they both have travel history.
Husband has been to Uk Over ten years ago. And Italy 5yrs ago.
Wife has been to Italy 5yrs ago, but rejected by UK & USA (does she need to disclose USA visa refusal, does UK share information with USA?)

Thank you for your time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 7:44pm On Jun 06
Jamesclooney:

Thanks if they do as a couple only, leaving kids with grandparents for short holiday will that help with ties. Yes, that will help. Other ties are:
- Husband owns a business with CAC and robust accounts. However doesn’t pay himself a salary monthly to personal account. How can he mitigate the risk here? He needs to pay himself a salary for six months and then apply. It is risky to apply without doing that.

- Wife. Has a remote job. Salary comes as forex but has to be moved around a bit and shows up on her dorm account as self deposits. If that happens monthly, they will still wonder where she got the FX from..

NB - they both have travel history.
Husband has been to Uk Over ten years ago. And Italy 5yrs ago. That helps
Wife has been to Italy 5yrs ago, but rejected by UK & USA (does she need to disclose USA visa refusal, does UK share information with USA?) Please declare all refusals. It will not be a big deal as long as your finances and home ties are in order

Thank you for your time.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by America001: 9:14pm On Jun 06
Can my mother in-law submit 3 months account statement since I'm the one sponsoring her?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 9:56pm On Jun 06
Goodevening house, please I need your help on what to do at this juncture.
I'm about to book an appointment with tls and this is what I'm seeing, pls what does it mean and what's the way forward as it my first time..

#cashmadam
#giselle
#all other expert please help a soul..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by davodyguy: 10:24pm On Jun 06
Cashmadam:

Four sponsors for what exactly? You will cause unnecessary confusion! Three people should transfer their contribution to the fourth person and then the fourth person will act as the sponsor. Count six months from the day after the money was transfered. Don't transfer money to your Mum's account
It doesn't matter.

Even entire community can sponsor one person if they so wish

If you're spending ₦2m and each if her kids decide to out in ₦500k, nothing bad in that

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by davodyguy: 10:26pm On Jun 06
snowphunmee:
Good day all, please I need your advice. Myself and my siblings, all four of us, intend to sponsor our mum’s trip to the UK. In filling out the form, we have stated our names as the sponsors. Should we all submit our bank statements, or should we transfer the funds to our mum’s account before submitting the visa application?
All four of you can if you do wish

I've joined other sponsors too and the application was a success to sane UK with all of submitting our statements

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 10:54pm On Jun 06
Also, I'm seeing a fee tagged as user pay fee of 76 pounds.. I don't know why it's so, cos I can't pay what I don't owe and it delaying my appointment submission.

Pls, what would've caused this and what's the way forward?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 11:18pm On Jun 06
stKorea:
Also, I'm seeing a fee tagged as user pay fee of 76 pounds.. I don't know why it's so, cos I can't pay what I don't owe and it delaying my appointment submission.

Pls, what would've caused this and what's the way forward?

I need an answer to this please bosses in the house..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by snowphunmee: 9:04am On Jun 07
Yes you will have to pay for it if you chose VI as your appointment location. Ikeja is free but too late to change to that.
stKorea:

I need an answer to this please bosses in the house..

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 12:41pm On Jun 07
snowphunmee:
Yes you will have to pay for it if you chose VI as your appointment location. Ikeja is free but too late to change to that.

Oh okay, thanks for this..

One more thing, is there any file or documents specifications to upload on tls? Or the system accepts all specification
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by BruceXavier: 2:52pm On Jun 07
stKorea:

Oh okay, thanks for this..

One more thing, is there any file or documents specifications to upload on tls? Or the system accepts all specification

Not only will you have to pay the 76GBP, you might not be to select a self service date without paying for primetime or one of the additional services from TLS. I hope it has now been resolved if not you wont be able to proceed to checkout without adding one of he premium services.

All the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by stKorea: 5:36pm On Jun 07
BruceXavier:

Not only will you have to pay the 76GBP, you might not be to select a self service date without paying for primetime or one of the additional services from TLS. I hope it has now been resolved if not you wont be able to proceed to checkout without adding one of he premium services.

All the best

Haaa.. Anyways I've been able to checkout without other selected service, just to upload documents now..

I'd appreciate if my second question can be answered please boss..

Wahala for person like me wey ignorant dey kill fa

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Drebal: 5:46pm On Jun 07
Hello everyone , I'm a silent reader of this forum and i want to appreciate everyone for the great information's shared on this platform.
I applied on the 23rd of May and i didnt receive any application received confirmation email from the UKVI.
When i tracked in the TLS ..It states that my application has been transferred to the DMC.
I know ideally, it usually takes 15 days for the decision to be made but i am worried and i am currently on the 10th day .

Should i email the UKVI or give them a paid call?

Also i declared a past visa denial from Canada last year and i attached a letter of explanation of why i was rejected and decided not to re apply to Canada. Most people i have seen got thier visas in less than 10 days.. I am just worried. cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (660) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: giselle237, ifax(f) and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69