Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,119 members, 7,887,241 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:37 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (913445 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (656) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OneCandleAway(f): 12:12pm On Jun 26
Hello.

Please if there is an error in the spelling of a surname for visa application, what would you suggest. A letter was spelt in error
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwawamiri: 12:47pm On Jun 26
Yes I applied on 5th June 2024 and I got a collection email today 26th June.

My visa is approved!!!!
tobinofadipe:
Hello house,
Is there anyone who did their biometrics between June 1st to June 10th that has gotten a decision, standard application.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadella(f): 12:58pm On Jun 26
onile1975:

@jadella

I still need more answers from you to guide me cos I want to sponsor my wife

1) what amount did u wrote as ur monthly expenditure?
2) what amount did u wrote as ur annual salary?
3) did u have dependants?
Thanks as u reply
1. 50k as my monthly expenditure.
2. 2.4 million annually.
3. I don't have any dependants. I used my mum, siblings and my business as home ties. Like I said, I didn't submit my bank statements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sexybeautiful: 1:37pm On Jun 26
Kindly assist with Tls contact Ikeja Lagos State.

Phone numbers please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 1:43pm On Jun 26
[quote author=OneCandleAway post=130665184]Hello.

Please if there is an error in the spelling of a surname for visa application, what would you suggest. A letter was spelt in error[/quo

Have you done your biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 2:03pm On Jun 26
Oluwawamiri:

My visa is approved!!!!

@ oluwawamiri

1) did u sponsor urself?
2) how much in pounce did u say u want to spend ?
3) the trip is how many days?
4) how much do spend monthly ?
5) how much is ur annual income?
6) where did u apply iKeja or vi?
7) have u travel out before?
congratulations once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 2:03pm On Jun 26
Jadella:

1. 50k as my monthly expenditure.
2. 2.4 million annually.
3. I don't have any dependants. I used my mum, siblings and my business as home ties. Like I said, I didn't submit my bank statements.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kossyfelicia(f): 2:18pm On Jun 26
humblemoi:

I feel like you're focused on the things that matter to you.

What about your statement of account? How will that be viewed? The transactions, monthly income and expenditure as well as disposable income. Is it very clear to understand without too much explanations. Tax certificate is just one aspect of the application which some ECOs may ignore and others pick up on.

So if you are banking on funds from people, how do you hope to demonstrate it?

Lastly, be patient when filling the form.
my statement saving is from fidelity bank, that s where I save money for monthly expenses at times, airtime purchase, food. While my business account is where I do Recieve payment for goods only. So I'm not using the business acct for the visa only my fidelity saving statemnt of acct. I'm not collecting any fund from bank because I will pay i saved from piggy box Atimes i do online contribution with Noble merry ventures. So the 3m i saved is budgeted specially for my trip though I have sponsor sha. But I don't put hope on them like that that's why I have my own fund.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Kossyfelicia(f): 2:29pm On Jun 26
solid3:

On Nl here advice is given, whether it is taken or not is the seekers business. Everyone is advising you to pay tax which you can do with less than 100k as a small business owner, you keep saying the ECO only said you quoted 45m as your annual income, do you think its only one ECO the UKVI has or its the same ECO who treated your last application that will treat this one and will he/she remember you? Wait until they tell you they are not convinced your business is making profit enough to be able to pay tax.

File your tax and get it ready in less than 2 weeks.

Also budget not more than 3x what you spend monthly otherwise some ECO will ask you why do you want to spend 80% of your annual earning in 10 days.
pls read my post well before u attack međŸ€Ł biko. I appreciate your advice too. I said I have a tax certificate which is personal TAX with JTB (IRS) for my personal income , business name I have not register it with FIRS hope u understand me. So I'm not saying I will not take advice here. My previous appointment was May 29 at VI I stated I'm going for a 10days trip with a 3.5m budget. While my annual income is 4.5m. But now I'm replying base on the wrong quote which 45m instead of 4.5m income. But now I'm filling another form to spend 7days with 2.3m budget including flight, hostel etc. I just want to know the other things to add to my budget and that's all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by OneCandleAway(f): 2:33pm On Jun 26
[quote author=Cashmadam post=130666708][/quote]

No, but paid a lot already. So I'm considering a letter. Because I paid to get a suitable appointment date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WeezyTip: 2:39pm On Jun 26
WeezyTip:
@giselle237 @cashmadam @humblemoi @justwise and other gurus in the house, please help look into this. It’s a long read, but please help out. Anyone that has experienced this or being in a situation like this too can help out.

Someone I know wants to apply along with his mom for his brother’s graduation ceremony. Being the eldest, although he is married with kids, has his own business (lounge/bar), he has been using an online bank (kuda) for his business transactions (receiving and making payment) and expenses too. But later realized that online banks are not accepted for application, which made him start using access bank but it’s just for a month, with turnover of over 10m ( this was due to selling one of their landed properties for 14m and 7m was paid into the access account and the other 7m into the mom’s account. This was done to build the access account tho because he would have received the money into his Kuda normally)

Also, the mom has a business she runs and she has a turnover of over 30m in just 6 months and a balance of over 7m, which they both planned on spending (excluding flight or processing) just the amount they reserved for the both of them to spend over there, even tho his brother will provide accommodation as they want to go mainly for the graduation, so they intend spending just 7days due to their businesses.

The guy, being the eldest is the heir and manages all the family’s businesses, assets and finances. Matter of fact, he has unrestricted access to the family’s finance mostly in their mom’s personal account which he has the app on his phone.

As for home ties, he has his family, his business, landed properties (houses over 2 acres of land and a shopping complex) which he can actually prove as they all bear the family name, but the problem here is the statement of account.

Now the questions are:
1. Is it possible for him to use his mom’s statement of account with her submitting a consent letter stating that he has unrestricted access to the account being the heir since they are both traveling together.
2. Should he attach the 1month statement of account too just like that alongside the mom’s own?
3. What are the chances that his application will fly considering that they won’t be paying for accommodation as they will be staying with his brother.
4. Does his brother need to do anything like maybe submit his own statement of account (with ÂŁ4k in it) and a cover letter or any letter at all to support his application.
5. Should he go ahead with things or he shouldn’t bother about it. If yes, how should he go about his own application.

Please, anyone and everyone is allowed to contribute towards this. And I am open to answering any questions. Thank you all and God bless.

Still waiting for help on this. Please help someone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by jogs1999(m): 3:45pm On Jun 26
Good day house,
My friend got his CoS today and their is a mistake in his middle name.Instead of Olufemi, they wrote Clufemi. What can be done at this stage?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jamesclooney: 3:47pm On Jun 26
[quote author=WeezyTip post=130661620]@giselle237 @cashmadam @humblemoi @justwise and other gurus in the house, please help look into this. It’s a long read, but please help out. Anyone that has experienced this or being in a situation like this too can help out.

IMHO, their financial/economic situation is currently too complicated. They need to calm down and simplify everything otherwise they risk rejection.
1. The son needs to be self-employed with tax clearance and “clean” bank statements for 6months. He needs to pay himself and income sufficient for someone willing to travel to UK for vacation/graduation.

2. The mother needs to do likewise. Avoid things like lump sum payments to build account etc.

3. The UK based brother can provide all kinds of documents to support the application, but mother and son’s application needs to stand on their own merit. It must pass the scrutiny from ECO.

Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 4:03pm On Jun 26
Oluwawamiri:

My visa is approved!!!!

@ oluwawamiri

1) did u sponsor urself?
2) how much in pounce did u say u want to spend ?
3) the trip is how many days?
4) how much do spend monthly ?
5) how much is ur annual income?
6) where did u apply iKeja or vi?
7) have u travel out before?
congratulations once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:11pm On Jun 26
jogs1999:
Good day house,
My friend got his CoS today and their is a mistake in his middle name.Instead of Olufemi, they wrote Clufemi. What can be done at this stage?
U need to flag this up with whoever issued the COS
 HR, employer
 not nairaland. We can not do anything here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 4:12pm On Jun 26
@weezytip money lodgement for visa does not and cannot work .. and all these epistles is for graduation
 it can not work for UKVI.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Bimri: 5:08pm On Jun 26
My mum and my brother got their visas đŸ’ƒđŸ»đŸ’ƒđŸ»đŸ’ƒđŸ»

Bimri:
Hello guys!
I need help urgently.
I want to invite my mum and my brother to the uk for my graduation.
However, I have put in an application for them but I’m not confident about it. Today is their biometrics which I’m thinking of cancelling.
In the current application, my mum is self employed, she has a business but she has been using her personal account to run her business and her CAC is inactive. I added receipts from her business, landed properties, receipt from tenants, and My dad is supposed to sponsor my dad’s trip.
Please advice me on what to do as I’m at crossroads now.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:34pm On Jun 26
Bimri:

travel history(recognised nations) does the trick most times. Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by solid3(m): 6:00pm On Jun 26
Bimri:

Congrats!

When and where was their biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 7:25pm On Jun 26
Bimri:

All profiles are different.

Someone may want to copy exactly what you did and may end up getting denied.

Maybe we should call it grace personified!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MrSoftlife(f): 7:26pm On Jun 26
giselle237:
travel history(recognised nations) does the trick most times. Congratulations

Yes.
Who can afford a flight ticket now for vacation is rich😂

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WeezyTip: 8:03pm On Jun 26
giselle237:
@weezytip money lodgement for visa does not and cannot work .. and all these epistles is for graduation
 it can not work for UKVI.

Thank you for the reply

Regarding the “money lodgement”, that’s a normal occurrence in the statement of account due to purchase of properties including lands and even if a year statement of account is being asked, “money lodgement” will still show. So this is not trying to build account, it’s a normal occurrence. Like I said earlier, the statement of account from Jan till date is over 30m, and the 7m recent “money lodgement”, just happened to be a coincidence at the moment.

Ok let me ask you this question please, can the mom just assume full sponsorship of the whole thing. You know how moms behaves when it comes to things like this, and the eldest son has been a stand in dad for his siblings, playing the father figure role and he even signed the marriage certificates of all his siblings, helping them out financially and morally. So the mom and the younger brother just felt using it as a “Thank you for all your sacrifices” thing. Like since he has been constant in everything, that he should also be there with her too.

Please I’m so sorry to bother you. Thank you as you reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 8:34pm On Jun 26
WeezyTip:

Regarding the “money lodgement”, that’s a normal occurrence in the statement of account due to purchase of properties including lands and even if a year statement of account is being asked, “money lodgement” will still show. So this is not trying to build account, it’s a normal occurrence. Like I said earlier, the statement of account from Jan till date is over 30m, and the 7m recent “money lodgement”, just happened to be a coincidence at the moment.
Ok let me ask you this question please, can the mom just assume full sponsorship of the whole thing. You know how moms behaves when it comes to things like this, and the eldest son has been a stand in dad for his siblings, playing the father figure role and he even signed the marriage certificates of all his siblings, helping them out financially and morally. So the mom and the younger brother just felt using it as a “Thank you for all your sacrifices” thing. Like since he has been constant in everything, that he should also be there with her too.

Please I’m so sorry to bother you. Thank you as you reply.
You are not bothering me.
Money lodgement is not a normal occurrence to any embassy. 7 million is a very substantial amount for you to so magnanimously at same time of visa application acquired such amount in one sitting.
To be sincere there is too much going on and you or them are trying so hard to present a financial picture that looks stable, if e didn’t dey, e didn’t dey.
Most times these ecos do not even take their time to go through the applications. So why rush and go there to pack a refusal?
The visa officer would analyze each person based on their merit, based on their credence and judge each person as a potential overstayer and in same vein try to see why they would not overstay.

once it becomes too confusing and too complicated and no travel history they tend to not want to understand
 parents sometimes scale through and that is because of the first degree relationship
 other times as well, they get bounced .

They can’t even categorically explain their separate financial pictures without so much drama and this 7 million each
Start from ur monthly earnings and take it from there.
How much would he state he earns in a month, his disposable income etc
If he has so many assets as you say, then he can hope on them and apply.
For me, I never encourage any rush and now with 1 month bank statement, this is hanging on a thread because it is easy for them to hold onto the financial picture and deny you straight up from there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:21pm On Jun 26
OneCandleAway:

No, but paid a lot already. So I'm considering a letter. Because I paid to get a suitable appointment date.

You need to cancel the application. seek for a refund and start all over again.

Mistakes - no matter how minor can cost you now or in the future.

Don't even think about it. You can't use that application to apply for your visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WeezyTip: 11:11pm On Jun 26
giselle237:

You are not bothering me.
Money lodgement is not a normal occurrence to any embassy. 7 million is a very substantial amount for you to so magnanimously at same time of visa application acquired such amount in one sitting.
To be sincere there is too much going on and you or them are trying so hard to present a financial picture that looks stable, if e didn’t dey, e didn’t dey.
Most times these ecos do not even take their time to go through the applications. So why rush and go there to pack a refusal?
The visa officer would analyze each person based on their merit, based on their credence and judge each person as a potential overstayer and in same vein try to see why they would not overstay.

once it becomes too confusing and too complicated and no travel history they tend to not want to understand
 parents sometimes scale through and that is because of the first degree relationship
 other times as well, they get bounced .

They can’t even categorically explain their separate financial pictures without so much drama and this 7 million each
Start from ur monthly earnings and take it from there.
How much would he state he earns in a month, his disposable income etc
If he has so many assets as you say, then he can hope on them and apply.
For me, I never encourage any rush and now with 1 month bank statement, this is hanging on a thread because it is easy for them to hold onto the financial picture and deny you straight up from there.

Thank you for this and God bless you for all the works you do on here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by WeezyTip: 11:20pm On Jun 26
Bimri:

Congratulations brother. Please what are the things you submitted if I may ask? Because I have someone in such situation. Like for the full sponsorship of your brother especially since he doesn’t have a job and no significant home times. I know everything is by grace, but someone needs to do their homework regardless you know.

Thanks and patiently waiting for your reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 11:27pm On Jun 26
WeezyTip:

Congratulations brother. Please what are the things you submitted if I may ask? Because I have someone in such situation. Like for the full sponsorship of your brother especially since he doesn’t have a job and no significant home times. I know everything is by grace, but someone needs to do their homework regardless you know.
The said brother is a minor. 14 or 15 years old.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by onile1975: 6:25am On Jun 27
giselle237:

The said brother is a minor. 14 or 15 years old.

@giselle237
1) please how much in pounce did u said u want to spend for the trip and how many days trip?
2) where were you applied ikeja or vi ? Congrats.,....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Seffy500: 7:04am On Jun 27
Good Day People, please I urgently need help concerning booking an appointment.
I chose 27 and 1:20pm for my biometrics. After someone has paid the ÂŁ500 around 11pm of 26th and couldn't pay the extra for priority,I started trying here but to no avail. I really need the priority as a matter of urgency. Around 12am, all the time slots on 27th have been closed and the slots fo 28th alone can only be seen. My dashboard appointment date and time still shows not yet picked. I don't know what else to do.

Secondly Tsl only sent me proof of payment and I didn't see where what I paid for is written. Please help a newbie.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mekanta7(m): 3:03pm On Jun 27
Hello guys,
I applied for 2yrs visa on june 2023 and was denied, and i reapplied for 6months visa on August 2023 and was also denied. On same August i submitted an appeal for a review, this morning i got a message from sheffield saying that the decision to refuse my visa has been overturned, that i should submit my passport to the visa application center.
I use to live in Mauritius, but I'm currently in SA, my question is can i send my passport to the VAC here in SA, VAC Kenya or must i send my passport to the VAC in Mauritius.
My last UK visa was processed in Johannesburg, while the previous two denials my passport was sent to Kenya because Mauritius doesn't have UK embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ashirioluwa: 7:11pm On Jun 27
OneCandleAway:
Hello.

Please if there is an error in the spelling of a surname for visa application, what would you suggest. A letter was spelt in error

Contact UKVI to have any name spelling issues on your visa vignette corrected.

https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Details/ConfirmDetails

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (656) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.