Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,332 members, 7,943,825 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (982287 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Obidikejr(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Obidikejr(m): 9:45pm On Jul 31
Cashmadam:

Thank you alot Cashmadam... May your cash be long. Amen.

The way you explained this money in the account scenario might be a problem. I hope not.

Just to add more info; I am also into automobile business. And honestly why money doesn't sit in my account is because I use it to purchase vehicles for sale.

Can I let them know of my car business, and that the money that will be deposited into the account is money what was realized after vehicles was sold. (Which is infact true) The money I intend to leave in the acct will be from after a sale is made.

So basically this is how it is;

1. I get paid from the company I am a director in, which is my primary source of income.

2. I use the salary for my side hustle (automobile) which after sales, is redeposited into my account.

So I have 2 sources of income.

Final note: My purpose of visit is to see my baby daughter and her mom, they are both British citizens. I don't know if this information is any help in this particular case lol.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Obidikejr(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:55pm On Jul 31
Damlovey:
please what do you mean by assisted upload? will the upload update the application form? thank you

When you attend your appointment for biometrics, you can pay for your documents to be uploaded.

You have two ways to upload supporting documents - self upload or assisted upload. If you chose self upload, you can still pay for the cover letter to be uploaded when you go for your biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:58pm On Jul 31
Obidikejr:

Thank you alot Cashmadam... May your cash be long. Amen.

The way you explained this money in the account scenario might be a problem. I hope not.

Just to add more info; I am also into automobile business. And honestly why money doesn't sit in my account is because I use it to purchase vehicles for sale.

Can I let them know of my car business, and that the money that will be deposited into the account is money what was realized after vehicles was sold. (Which is infact true) The money I intend to leave in the acct will be from after a sale is made.

So basically this is how it is;

1. I get paid from the company I am a director in, which is my primary source of income.

2. I use the salary for my side hustle (automobile) which after sales, is redeposited into my account.

So I have 2 sources of income.

Final note: My purpose of visit is to see my baby daughter and her mom, they are both British citizens. I don't know if this information is any help in this particular case lol.

Thank you.

Amen.

I understand. However, why can't you use another account for your car business? If you need your salary to buy cars and sell, transfer the money from your salary account to your business account and conduct your business from that seperate account.

You should declare your daughter and her Mum. In my opinion, the impact is 50/50.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by tommaitwears: 10:00pm On Jul 31
Cashmadam:

She needs to seperate her personal and business transactions. Her business transactions need to go to a business account.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate
One more question I hope you don’t mind, Please I hope it won’t be a problem if she pays herself salary and she still has some amount left in her business account at the time she pays herself. For example at the end of the month after expenses she’s left with 120k in her business account and she starts paying herself 100k monthly I hope the remaining 20k won’t be a problem as to why she didn’t pay herself all the profit?
Also will she pay personal income tax on the 100k she pays herself as salary? Or the 120k profit she had in her business account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Damlovey(f): 10:07pm On Jul 31
Alright, thank you very much for the quick responses. very much appreciated.
Cashmadam:

When you attend your appointment for biometrics, you can pay for your documents to be uploaded.

You have two ways to upload supporting documents - self upload or assisted upload. If you chose self upload, you can still pay for the cover letter to be uploaded when you go for your biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 10:18pm On Jul 31
tommaitwears:

Thank you very much. I really appreciate
One more question I hope you don’t mind, Please I hope it won’t be a problem if she pays herself salary and she still has some amount left in her business account at the time she pays herself. For example at the end of the month after expenses she’s left with 120k in her business account and she starts paying herself 100k monthly I hope the remaining 20k won’t be a problem as to why she didn’t pay herself all the profit?
Also will she pay personal income tax on the 100k she pays herself as salary? Or the 120k profit she had in her business account.

If she is left with 120K (for example), then, logically, she should not pay herself N100K. She is not expected to use the bulk of company money to pay salary/salaries. The truth is, if her business is not generating a lot, then she needs to pay herself very little as salary.

She is expected to pay tax on her income and company's income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Obidikejr(m): 12:41am On Aug 01
Cashmadam:

Amen.

I understand. However, why can't you use another account for your car business? If you need your salary to buy cars and sell, transfer the money from your salary account to your business account and conduct your business from that seperate account.

You should declare your daughter and her Mum. In my opinion, the impact is 50/50.

Thank you, I really appreciate your input.

I can do as you have suggested. The only reason I see it as a problem is because my planned date of travel is this September. If I start arranging the accounts as you have recommended over the next 6 months, that will January 2025. grin

Id work on it. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by GodGraceOnly: 4:03am On Aug 01
beautyuche:
Congratulations

Thanks and All Glory Be To God Almighty for wisdom and direction, Amen!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Princessadedayo: 6:47am On Aug 01
Cashmadam:

Explain in the additional information section. You can also get a letter from your organization to highlight your earnings and add your payslips if they are reflected in your payslip

Ok, it will definitely reflects on my payslip. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Favourkasie: 7:11am On Aug 01
Happy new month everyone.
You guys are doing a great work here. I have learnt a lot in a short while.
Thank you.

After several days of going through the previous threads I need some clarity please 🙏.
1. If the business is not registered since it's just something that's little and deals with cash at hand(she is into small chops and make sales daily but not enough to generate huge income if you understand what I mean ), how best will she prove evidence of the trade?
Secondly, is it okay for the business account to just bear her name (since no business registration or company name).

2. In the next 6 months if I decide to put in another application, my visa validity will be remaining less than 6 months, will it impact negatively on the application ?

Please kindly help.
Thank you.

Cashmadam:

Sorry about the refusal.

Your Mum's account and your presentation of the facts were all over the place.

You should not reapply in September unless you want another refusal.

If your Mum does any kind of business, ask her to open a seperate account for her business.

Send your monthly allowance to her personal account. Same amount, same time every month.

While you do that, ensure she keeps her monthly expenses to the barest minimum for the next 6 months.

You don't need 5k to sponsor your Mum. She doesn't need 3k for the trip. These figures are unnecessarily high.

Advise your Mum to pay all monies related to her business in the new account. She needs to run her accounts for 6 months.

Don't pay any lump sum into her account. If you need to give her a huge sum of money, send the money in tranches.

Beef up your savings since you will be her sole sponsor.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abubakar123olat: 8:09am On Aug 01
Hi , guys please is there anyone who recently just booked Appointment at Abuja tls for UK
?

If yes what is the available dates of submission that is near ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by talentarena(m): 2:50pm On Aug 01
VISA ALERT..

BIOMETRICS 5TH July 5th

I made sevral paid call cos I needed my pasport as I was scared the protest will degenerate and I needed to have my passport incase I need to run, I was told decision was taken on Friday last week..

Wetn to Tls today 1st and I was told it's not there, pleaded with the guy to check, he said it was part of the ones coming today if I could wait till 11, at 11 picked up my pasport with 6 months visa. Denied twice last year and February this year, this feabuary reason was tax. I added my cac anual return as tax documents this time.

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Exceldamsel(f): 3:55pm On Aug 01
Good day everyone
Please i plan to invite my mum over very soon and I wanted to please ask a few questions

- if myself and hubby plan to be the sole sponsor do we need to include her bank statement in the application?

- If we are to include her bank statement, please what’s the range of amount you think should be there as she is not trading or working at the moment, the money that goes into her account it’s her monthly allowance from me and hubby (100k-150k)

- what can I use as home ties as she currently does not have any property or been employed but my younger one is still in Uni

Please I very much look forward to your responses 🙏🙏 thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 3:59pm On Aug 01
Exceldamsel:
Good day everyone
Please i plan to invite my mum over very soon and I wanted to please ask a few questions

- if myself and hubby plan to be the sole sponsor do we need to include her bank statement in the application? - I suggest you add it

- If we are to include her bank statement, please what’s the range of amount you think should be there as she is not trading or working at the moment, the money that goes into her account it’s her monthly allowance from me and hubby (100k-150k) - Just print it as it is. Don't worry about the balance too much

- what can I use as home ties as she currently does not have any property or been employed but my younger one is still in Uni - your younger sibling will be her home tie

Please I very much look forward to your responses 🙏🙏 thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 4:02pm On Aug 01
Favourkasie:
Happy new month everyone.
You guys are doing a great work here. I have learnt a lot in a short while.
Thank you.

After several days of going through the previous threads I need some clarity please 🙏.
1. If the business is not registered since it's just something that's little and deals with cash at hand(she is into small chops and make sales daily but not enough to generate huge income if you understand what I mean ), how best will she prove evidence of the trade?
Secondly, is it okay for the business account to just bear her name (since no business registration or company name). - The business account has to be her name as she has no registered business. To prove evidence of trade, I suggest she adds whatsapp chats of the orders she gets or any other proof of orders

2. In the next 6 months if I decide to put in another application, my visa validity will be remaining less than 6 months, will it impact negatively on the application ? - It should not.

Please kindly help.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meljoe: 4:40pm On Aug 01
Please what are the documents needed for a visit visa for my daughter graduation please ? I have travel history and was denied twice few years back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Favourkasie: 5:29pm On Aug 01
Thank you so much. [quote author=Cashmadam post=131267650][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 5:48pm On Aug 01
meljoe:
Please what are the documents needed for a visit visa for my daughter graduation please ? I have travel history and was denied twice few years back

Why were you denied? Kindly provide details. When is her graduation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 8:57pm On Aug 01
wow congratulations

plase can you share documents submitted
talentarena:
VISA ALERT..

BIOMETRICS 5TH July 5th

I made sevral paid call cos I needed my pasport as I was scared the protest will degenerate and I needed to have my passport incase I need to run, I was told decision was taken on Friday last week..

Wetn to Tls today 1st and I was told it's not there, pleaded with the guy to check, he said it was part of the ones coming today if I could wait till 11, at 11 picked up my pasport with 6 months visa. Denied twice last year and February this year, this feabuary reason was tax. I added my cac anual return as tax documents this time.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sweetkid: 11:16pm On Aug 01
Is there anyway to get an early booking for biometrics for Nigerian passport renewal in the UK ? It now takes 6 months to get an biometrics appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abubakar123olat: 11:33pm On Aug 01
Congratulations bro

Bro can I send you a message on your Gmail

talentarena:
VISA ALERT..

BIOMETRICS 5TH July 5th

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Exceldamsel(f): 4:20am On Aug 02
[quote author=Cashmadam post=131267580][/quote]

Thank you so much for your response 🙏
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Obidikejr(m): 9:00am On Aug 02
Can I use bank statements from Opay? It's my primary banking platform since January till date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Eliezer28: 10:19am On Aug 02
talentarena:
VISA ALERT..

BIOMETRICS 5TH July 5th

please my daughter also went for her biometrics on the 9th of July..we haven't heard anything up till now...i called them yesterday they said decision has been made...but I haven't received any email from ukvi or TLS...and i also track it online..but the status has not changed yet....please update me please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 11:14am On Aug 02
Obidikejr:
Can I use bank statements from Opay? It's my primary banking platform since January till date.

It is better you use statement from a regular bank.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meljoe: 11:46am On Aug 02
It’s been a long time but regarding funds not showing evidence for it. Her graduation is next month . I am feeling the form now and been asked how much I spend a month and how much I make in a year in my business, which I can’t tell because business fluctuates, one month can be good and another low , so I’m quite confused on how much to fill in

Cashmadam:

Why were you denied? Kindly provide details. When is her graduation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 12:58pm On Aug 02
meljoe:
It’s been a long time but regarding funds not showing evidence for it. Her graduation is next month . I am feeling the form now and been asked how much I spend a month and how much I make in a year in my business, which I can’t tell because business fluctuates, one month can be good and another low , so I’m quite confused on how much to fill in

For your monthly spend, calculate all your expenses over 6 months and divide by 6 to get an average. Do the same thing for the inflow you get for your business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meljoe: 1:34pm On Aug 02
Thank you and when I do it for all of my accounts , I will just add it up right ? And the question how much will you spend on your trip , so I will be staying with my daughter so I should just calculate flight and other expenses while there right ?
Cashmadam:

For your monthly spend, calculate all your expenses over 6 months and divide by 6 to get an average. Do the same thing for the inflow you get for your business.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 2:07pm On Aug 02
meljoe:
Thank you and when I do it for all of my accounts , I will just add it up right ? And the question how much will you spend on your trip , so I will be staying with my daughter so I should just calculate flight and other expenses while there right ?

Correct
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by mamawa123: 3:06pm On Aug 02
Cashmadam:

Correct

Hey Cashmadam, How will you answer the below question for a 2-year-old child who is traveling with one of her parents to the UK for vacation?

Question: Will you be traveling to the UK with someone who is not your partner, spouse, or dependent?

Answer options: Yes / No

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (687) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: Ate247(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.