Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,816 members, 7,898,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:18 PM

SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? (6456 Views)

Senate Presidency: Why Akpabio May Lose Support Of Colleagues / SE Presidency: I’m Saddened By Presidential Primaries’ Outcome – Umahi / Ohaneze Says Denying SE Presidency Is A National Catastrophe And A Calamity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by helinues: 8:07am On Feb 04, 2022
Vistra40:

Oga I have also seen northerners campaign against power given to either SW or SE. some in this category are even considerate to agree that it should be SS instead while the hardliners think it shouldn’t even leave the north. Bros, forget oh

Support is different from championing
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Vistra40: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2022
helinues:

Support is different from championing

Whatever you say. But my point don’t be too sure that a yoruba candidate will be voted as well. We both know how power hungry those northerners are...
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by helinues: 8:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Vistra40:

Whatever you say. But my point don’t be too sure that a yoruba candidate will be voted as well. We both know how power hungry those northerners are...

Wait, have you been seing me campaigning for any candidates regarding 2023 election?
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Blackdisciple(m): 8:19am On Feb 04, 2022
All the incompetent governors wants to rule the whole country , they couldn't secure lives and properties in their various states....
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by VULCAN(m): 8:21am On Feb 04, 2022
The fellow asked you to list reasons and this is your response.

Although I'm not surprised because I noticed long ago from your poor grammar that either you lack tertiary education or you went to a very backward secondary school.

List reasons as he asked you.

helinues:

They have done that which other regions have not been doing
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by helinues: 8:22am On Feb 04, 2022
VULCAN:
The fellow asked you to list reasons and this is your response.

Although I'm not surprised because I noticed long ago from your poor grammar that either you lack tertiary education or you went to a very backward secondary school.

List reasons as he asked you.

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Vistra40: 8:23am On Feb 04, 2022
helinues:

Wait, have you been seing me campaigning for any candidates regarding 2023 election?

Hahahahaha!!! Really bro? cheesy
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by helinues: 8:24am On Feb 04, 2022
Vistra40:

Hahahahaha!!! Really bro? cheesy

Of course, always strategic.

Few out of many

grin
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Tribu(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2022
Nobody is mentioning FFK in this presidency race grin grin grin grin
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by nzeobi(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2022
NGpatriot:

You mean his wonderful achievements and all the infrastructures he built for Igbo people are not in the interest of igbo people?

I don't get how upside down you people reason..

Governance is not about building roads and bridges. Creating and managing wealth is also important and in that aspect he falls short.

Interview umahi today and ask him how he intends to grow Nigeria and you will see that he is a bit limited in that aspect.
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Ugonna62: 9:09am On Feb 04, 2022
Vistra40:

Honestly, I love Peter obi too and he is someone I would love to see as president of Nigeria. But can he win? That’s my concern. It’s not only igbos that will vote for him. We live in a country that is too ethnocentric and the sentiments against Peter obi is very high up north. We would have to reach out to convince others to vote for him otherwise I don’t see him winning. This is the sad reality.
Believe me bro,North is the only reason why nigeria cannot work under the current structure,they hate anything to make the country work,the sentiment against obi in the north is expected,but soon the south will get tired of their rubish and do the needfull,if not Nigeria is going no where with the north.
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by padkan101: 9:15am On Feb 04, 2022
mrvitalis:

Nigeria don't need Igbo vote to make umiah or Joe igbokwe president ...at least it's Igbo president Igbos would rest

Like we did with obj

the difference in Obasanjo'ss case was that Yorubas were not insulting/attacking other ethic groups nor threatening the unity of the nation.

Yorubas were attacking the military government instead and kept championing the return to civil rule.

Other ethnic groups just felt the Yorubas deserved the presidency as result of the role played in the return to civil rule.

1 Like

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by RandyOku: 9:24am On Feb 04, 2022
Asgard73:
The musCle wey Yoruba Dey take quote chigozirim on tweeter eh kwa

Same anti igbo moniker on Nairaland grin

Kuku follow his Nairaland moniker naa.. Yoruba looking for validation from anything

After all hatred e don Dey clear them say power returns North

Their Tinubu and Osibanjo in mud already .. and dem no believe how fast e happen..

Na to turn on igbos like say dem be only Nigerians that have rejected the Yoruba humans .. even when their own Yoruba people have rejected the druggie and his boy

Igbos are supporting all their candidates .. let yoruba keep opening thread and dealing with their disappointment and pAins grin

You dey see am ABI?

The chigozirim guy, I can bet is a YOLUBA Muslim/Fulani hiding under that namegrin

3 Likes

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by RandyOku: 9:25am On Feb 04, 2022
walemoney007:
If the PDP field Peter Obi against Tinubu, PDP will lose the election before 11am on February 18 grin

Buy WAILING tea because YOU WILL WAIL forever when he finally winsgrin
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Quitam: 9:37am On Feb 04, 2022
Corea4king:

Who is hailing umai,umai is hailing himself together with his urchins.

The Igbos were hailing him here on Nairaland. And in reality, there's no governor in the SE that currently has better infrastructural imprints than Umahi
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by mrvitalis(m): 9:37am On Feb 04, 2022
padkan101:

the difference in Obasanjo'ss case was that Yorubas were not insulting/attacking other ethic groups nor threatening the unity of the nation.

Yorubas were attacking the military government instead and kept championing the return to civil rule.

Other ethnic groups just felt the Yorubas deserved the presidency as result of the role played in the return to civil rule.
Lmao so u would punish people who stood with u against their people for what their people did ?

Who would benefit more from Joe Igbokwe presidency ? Igbos or yorubas ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by padkan101: 9:57am On Feb 04, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lmao so u would punish people who stood with u against their people for what their people did ?

Who would benefit more from Joe Igbokwe presidency ? Igbos or yorubas ?

Punish? Joe Igbokwe will not consider it as such. He is well politically grounded to know better
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by mrvitalis(m): 10:04am On Feb 04, 2022
padkan101:

Punish? Joe Igbokwe will not consider it as such. He is well politically grounded to know better
Lmao ... really ?
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by NoQualmz: 10:24am On Feb 04, 2022
helinues:
[s]I have stated my reasons. How would Igbo campaign in North? Are they no longer an Almajiri and poorest region in the country?

How would Igbo convinced the Yoruba's that they are not longer Hausa/Fulani slaves, that the Yoruba Muslim slang was inspired by Meth drug? That SW is no longer Skull mining headquarters?

How about SS region, Ijaw are no longer Ogogoro drinker, Wike is no longer Wicked and Reno has been forgiven ?

2 years ago, I said 2023 would be a great opportunity for SE to listen to all the wack songs they have been releasing but have no opportunity of listening to them.

Here you go[/s]

You’ve still not given valid reasons why u think candidacy of the east will be rejected.

All these u have stated are petty stuff. So SE pple weren’t given names too? What about ‘developers’, ’baby factory’, ‘Igbos’ etc who gave the SE those names? Abi na ghosts?

Instead of beating around the bush...give me valid reasons for a possible outright rejection of an igbo presidency come 2023. Oya!
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by NoQualmz: 10:28am On Feb 04, 2022
Vistra40:

Honestly, I love Peter obi too and he is someone I would love to see as president of Nigeria. But can he win? That’s my concern. It’s not only igbos that will vote for him. We live in a country that is too ethnocentric and the sentiments against Peter obi is very high up north. We would have to reach out to convince others to vote for him otherwise I don’t see him winning. This is the sad reality.

Twitter pple are campaigning for an Obi/Kwankwaso presidency but Arewa Twitter as usual and their dislike for anything South are rather suggesting a Kwankwaso/Obi presidency. They quite know that it’s the turn of the South to field presidency not a VP. Arewa pple on Twitter never talk wetin dey worry dem
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by prophetfire: 10:35am On Feb 04, 2022
Billingslord:
seem like you don't know Igbo very well, they are dump politically.they are not clamouring for umahi because he abuse them say ebonyi is not part of baifra.
if though he is more sellable than paradona obituary.
they play politics emotionally
If Tinubu was insulting Yorubas massively, would they support him the way they are doing?
Some politicians don't know that your home base is important. Even if you don't fully support the actions of your people, be diplomatic in your approach.
Don't give them the impression that you would trade them to an outsider.
I like the way the man transformed a backward Ebonyi state so we'll, infrastructuraly, but he has a very bad side. He is a tyrant. Do you know that anti social media law is in place in his state? He is using it very well to oppress and clamp down on opposition and critics under the guise of fake news.
A law that federal government have been finding difficult to make and implement.
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Vistra40: 10:39am On Feb 04, 2022
NoQualmz:

Twitter pple are campaigning for an Obi/Kwankwaso presidency but Arewa Twitter as usual and their dislike for anything South are rather suggesting a Kwankwaso/Obi presidency. They quite know that it’s the turn of the South to field presidency not a VP. Arewa pple on Twitter never talk wetin dey worry dem

Bro, there’s no polling booth on Twitter. Any well meaning person that wants obi to be elected will begin now to get to serious work especially in those areas where he is deemed to have very little support. I don’t rely on social media again.
Re: SE Presidency: Why Not David Umahi? by Corea4king(m): 11:07am On Feb 04, 2022
Quitam:

The Igbos were hailing him here on Nairaland. And in reality, there's no governor in the SE that currently has better infrastructural imprints than Umahi

Have u engaged some one in physical conversation hailing this man,if not all this paid agent or people outside his stste, including those ones that have not been touched by his evil hurricane wind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Electricity: FG Targets 6000 Megawatts By End Of 2024 / I’ll Expose Tinubu And Acn Leaders Soon – Ebenezer Babatope / President Jonathan Arrives From The UK, Postpones Meeting With G7 Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.