Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,794 members, 7,927,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:14 PM

Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage (18409 Views)

Maryam Booth Recounts The Death Of Her Mum (Video) / Onyeka Onwenu Celebrates Her 69th Birthday (throwback & Recent Photos) / Sleeping With Men For Money: Blessing Okoro Recounts The Day She Went For Runs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by uuzba(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
Well, we don't know.
Somebody can be very nice and fantastic. It's when you start living in the same house with the person that you'll see another side of the person.
We always pray for strength to cope with the wahala others cannot see. Whatever the wahala may be.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Antoeni(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
HBD Madam , Abeg Park Well , Wetin you see for Marrage ? Make the Husband Open Mouth Talk Wetin Onyeka do , Every where go Scatter
Onyeka that Sleeping Around ,

Mike Okri
Sunny Ade
Jide Obi

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:35pm On Feb 05, 2022
Strong woman, a rare gem, kudos smiley
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2022
Fiscus105:

Couples should adjust their characters to accommodate partner in marriage , know this and enjoy ur marriage fully.

Like enduring Cheating partners right? If your husband or wife is cheating, you shouldn’t bother about it and continue to just ENJOY your marriage until you get infected with STIs/STDs.

Or if your husband ends up impregnating another woman, the wife should be happy right? Or if the wife brings home another man’s child, the husband should be joyous right?

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by MARYIAN(f): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
Most marriages na hell cry

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
Were these 3men you mentioned truly her ex husband's, or it was mere rumour ? Whatever the case, she's a great woman to have been able to raise her Children by herself giving them a good life.
Antoeni:
HBD Madam , Abeg Park Well , Wetin you see for Marrage ? Make the Husband Open Mouth Talk Wetin Onyeka do , Every where go Scatter
Onyeka that Sleeping Around ,

Mike Okri
Sunny Ade
Jide Obi

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Fiscus105(m): 3:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
Cmanforall:
Okay...
Since she wants to bring everything open to public...

What are the wrongs the husband did?

This is enough to tell that, she has 60/70% fault, she is trying to portray herself perfect and put all blames on hubby. Ego from wife can destroy marriage as fast as lightning of light

So many women divorced in the past and never went public about what caused the crash.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Fiscus105(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
Simran94:

Like enduring Cheating partners right? If your husband or wife is cheating, you shouldn’t bother about it and continue to just ENJOY your marriage until you get infected with STIs/STDs.

Read it again or give it to ur neighbor to interpret it for you

Couple (husband and wife)

Characters (both)
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by UnabashedIPOB: 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
Nobody really gives a damn about you or your marriage! You're such a disappointment for aligning yourself with the Supreme Court Administrator, Hopeless Uzodinjo.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2022
Marriage is a SCAM.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Okdi(m): 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2022
In as much as I so much love all your music, I must tell you that when a man makes money no one will know, but just few weeks woman will take control of the house the entire neighborhood will know. You took care of your children till they bag their masters is nothing to me. So many men are doing it and dying in it but no one will talk or even give accolades to men. Good luck and bear in mind that marriage is hell if it doesn't work out for you.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2022
Fiscus105:

This is enough to tell that, she has 60/70% fault, she is trying to portray herself perfect and put all blames on hubby. Ego from wife can destroy marriage as fast lightning of light

So many women divorced in the past and never went public about what caused the crash.
Lol, she said marriage was hell for her. That doesn’t mean she is trying to put the blame on her husband, it could be that marriage wasn’t meant for her or she thought marriage would make her happy or she thought she could blend her career(as a successful music artiste) with her Marriage.

And she’s free to come out and talk about why her marriage ended, some men and women who are divorced do it.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by BJanta: 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2022
LetDemKnow:

Nigerian veteran singer Onyeka Onwenu has opened up about the difficulties she faced in her failed marriage.

The music star made this known during a chat with Kikilomo Atanda-Owo on her show “Real Talk with Kike.”

She hammered on how much she tried to make her marriage work until she could no longer manage the situation.

““I went through it. It was difficult because I really didn’t want my marriage to end but I could not take it anymore. It would have killed me. I always say and that is the truth,” she said.

She also revealed that she singlehandedly raised her children from nursery school till they bagged their masters degree.

“And it was not good for the children to live in that kind of environment where the mother is depressed, the mother is carrying the weight of the whole family. I raised my children from kindergarten to Masters Degree,” she added.

Onwenu is a Nigerian singer/songwriter, actress, human rights activist, social activist, journalist and politician.

She recently released her book ‘My Father’s Daughter‘ which highlights her successful music career.

SOURCE - https://mediarants.com/onyeka-onwenu-recounts-the-difficulties-faced-in-her-marriage/

I so much love this woman's music and her simplicity . Marriages always appear destined to fail, and they always find felony with at least one of the two people in it. I've found out that marriages don't work on their own, they are worked out by the two couples labouring assiduously to work it out. GOD bless you Ma.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2022
Fiscus105:

Read it again or give it to ur neighbor to interpret it for you

Couple (husband and wife)

Characters (both)
It’s either you do not understand your own post or you are confused about my response.

Selah
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Konjiboi: 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2022
Mercychen:
My role model in music. I sing like her. I just loved her from my childhood days when my dad used to blast her songs every weekend.

"Morning light"
Ekwe.. and hallelujah chimle. I still listen to them till date.

I also love the song she did with Sunny Ade. "Wait for me".

My dad's favorite songster those days.

Chimoo... You sing like who? grin cheesy

Oya sing let me hear you
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Fiscus105(m): 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2022
Simran94:

It’s either you do not understand your own post or you are confused about my response.

Selah

If you don't lower ur ego, I pray you won't end like her if not worse.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by TheGift: 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2022
Esseite:
Let's hear the man's part of the story..... please take note of the "she feels" in the attached picture... even if she does not carry out the action, the feeling is always there and most times the man feels that feeling she feels. The feeling of "worthlessness"... peace.

That’s mostly because the Man based His capacity to conquer the Woman on Money , which is something any fool can get .

And in an age where Women are more financially empowered, they are learning that it takes more than money to keep a Woman.

Women will mostly treat you as worthless when it is clear you don’t value your own worth.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
Fiscus105:

If you don't lower ur ego, I pray you won't end like her if not worse.

And yet again, you are still confused by my response.

BOY BYE!!!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Divorce isn't always a good option, especially when life isnt threatened. When we hear the emotional stories of women like her as touching divorce, its also good to hear the husband's side too. Onyeka was always mingling with the big and mighty in her hay days, including IBB. She didn't need to secure any appointment to see them, as popular as she was back then. She was always the talk of the town. Something must have prompted the husband's decision on her marriage.

The way you reason from your anus eh! Your wife is trying.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by adecz: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
Are you the first woman to raise
your children❓

Nonsense & ingredients❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Divorce isn't always a good option, especially when life isnt threatened. When we hear the emotional stories of women like her as touching divorce, its also good to hear the husband's side too. Onyeka was always mingling with the big and mighty in her hay days, including IBB. She didn't need to secure any appointment to see them, as popular as she was back then. She was always the talk of the town. Something must have prompted the husband's decision on her marriage.

Or simply put… her husband couldn’t cope with the fact that his wife was way more successful than he was… as it is almost a taboo for men to to accept that their wives are more successful than they were. He probably asked her to quit her career and become a full housewife.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by FreeStuffsNG: 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
Marriage is a SCAM.
Most folks who think that marriage is a scam are from dysfunctional homes wink

If your experience of marriage is hell, sincerely I am sorry for you but you can build a heaven on earth marriage if you try harder.

No doubt you will be stretched but trust me you will reap bountiful joy from it especially in your old days when you are no longer as strong as today. A lot of folks who made their marriage work should be your role model.

Most of the red flags are always there before marriage but some people just ignore the red flags and think they can save the other party when they are not my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. That's why boys don't marry,only men do.

In the case of the Amazon Onyeka Onwenu, all the red flags were there too but someone or both of them are not being truthful. I know that she will never wish that any of her children should be raised in dysfunctional family like she did with her own children. I am happy she has shared her experience for others to learn. Her father ,who lived a successful life as a community leader and political leader, must have raised her to be so so much independent that she perhaps carried such character into marriage where genuine partnership is the Holy Grail . Truly she succeeded as her Father's Daughter but failed as someone else's mother and wife.

I was very much impressed seeing the widow , children and grandchildren of Late Pa Ernest Sonekan yesterday. It was as if that man had already planned his glorious exit while alive.
Find great role models who can help you. It's not your fault when you are born and raised in dysfunctional families but it is your fault when you turn yours into one.
May God heal every home facing threat of break up today. Home is a sanctuary and try and leave a legacy of one even if your parent never left one wink
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by SQLmastar(m): 3:52pm On Feb 05, 2022
Madam your marriage was hell because you refused to be submissive to your husband. Always wanting to tour with the big boys whilst neglecting to feed your husband his foods... physical and sexual.
Any wife, no matter how rich you become, must submit to her husband.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by sageb: 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
backbencher:

Anyone know where Funmi Adams is nowadays?

Somewhere in England
That is what I was told
Edna Ogholi is in France.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by CUMIN: 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
You raised them with so many side daddies...
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
sageb:

Somewhere in England
That is what I was told
Edna Ogholi is in France.

I see, and thanks also for reminding me of Evi Edna Ogholi.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by lesbiconverter: 4:06pm On Feb 05, 2022
Posaqato:
Chai, Onyeka Onwenu don old o. I remember the days of "One love keep is together..."
Lost love
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
Konjiboi:

Chimoo... You sing like who? grin cheesy

Oya sing let me hear you

Serious. I sing like her.
I'm a chorister though. So each time we are ministering a song in Igbo language, I sound like her by doing the deep alto part.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Eriokanmi: 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2022
Simran94:

Or simply put… her husband couldn’t cope with the fact that his wife was way more successful than he was… as it is almost a taboo for men to to accept that their wives are more successful than they were. He probably asked her to quit her career and become a full housewife.
Far from my point...he probably you said but we don't know the cause of the divorce or do you?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Recounts The Difficulties Faced In Her Marriage by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Far from my point...he probably you said but we don't know the cause of the divorce or do you?

I was only assuming the opposite of your own assumptions.
It could have been my own assumption happened or yours happened, no one knows

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chika Ike Rocks Fabulously In Chic Photos / Can You Identify These Celebrities? / Yoruba Actor Akin Ogungbe Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.