Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,718 members, 7,914,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:09 PM

Will Newcastle 90 Million Pounds Spending Spree, Guarantee Survival? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Will Newcastle 90 Million Pounds Spending Spree, Guarantee Survival? (188 Views)

Dozy Mmobuosi Is Set To Acquire Sheffield United In A £90 Million Deal / Jadon Sancho Joins Manchester United For €90 Million / Kelechi Iheanacho Sprays Couple With Pounds & Dollars At Their Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will Newcastle 90 Million Pounds Spending Spree, Guarantee Survival? by rickpat(m): 9:16am On Feb 05, 2022
Dan Burn is a powerful left centre-back who has blossomed under Graham Potter and his £13m ($18m) acquisition represents an instant upgrade.
On the other side, Kieran Trippier is extremely reliable and ought to indirectly improve the performances of Jamaal Lascelles.
Matt Targett is a solid if unspectacular left-back, but when midfielder Matt Ritchie has been playing there all season, Targett is a welcome addition nonetheless.
On the simplest level, better defenders means better defending, but for Howe a leaky defence is a tactical issue.
His Bournemouth team were fundamentally too expansive when in possession. The lines of their 4-4-2 were overly stretched and the pressing often appeared sporadic, which meant opponents could slice through them all too easily.
Fortunately, Newcastle’s new signings should also help this side of things.
Trippier, Burn, and Bruno Guimaraes are very talented on the ball, and their ability to retain possession under pressure should lead to fewer giveaways in the Newcastle half.
In other words, Newcastle can begin to gradually hold more possession and move higher up the pitch, avoiding the pitfalls of Howe’s Bournemouth – who moved in the opposite direction as the manager’s transfers failed to improve his team’s passing.
Howe’s trajectory at Bournemouth was to move away from possession-obsessive football in his first two years in the Premier League to a deeper line of engagement and a counter-attacking approach.
In that respect his appointment at Newcastle - as a midpoint between two styles as they look to build – made sense
Re: Will Newcastle 90 Million Pounds Spending Spree, Guarantee Survival? by rickpat(m): 11:38am On Mar 18, 2022
hello candidlady,

trust you are doing great?..just checking on you though..

please take everything easy,trust me you will come strong...I know it's a very long and difficult road but I believe so much in you on this,you may stumble countless times,be uncomfortable but trust me,it's all WORTH IT...you may even loose some friendships but the true friends that care about you now,care about you when you are 40,50,80,100 will stay with you... YOU ARE THE BEST...and I want you to know I will always have you in mind in my little prayers,be a friend and a brother... people meet in strangest of place for different ways and purpose,I WANT NOTHING FROM YOU,JUST YOUR HAPPINESS AND FREEDOM FROM ANY FORM UNHEALTHY HABIT....

I know I intrude alot but trust me,NO HARM INTENDED...ALL IS IN GOOD WILL...keep pushing,I know you will overcome this and you will share the testimony with you kids in the future and they will surely be so PROUD of you for winning the battle...stay safe,remain blessed and have a great and happy weekend....regards to your folks....your mum,dad,kabiru(yeah,I remember his name, remember you said he would have given me a glass if I was close to you..lol)...you have a good heart,forget all these challenges and struggles ....be good

sorry for the epistle.
your friend from afar

(1) (Reply)

Nice Football Predictions For Today 11-02-2022 / Nowgoal.com / Highlights Of Super Falcons Second Leg Against Ivory Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.