Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,657 members, 7,889,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:32 AM

Life Without God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life Without God (124 Views)

Life Is Very Hard Without God / What Man Truly Is Without God - Photo / Have You Ever Considered You Are Nothing Without God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Without God by SonofIssachar: 2:36am On Feb 06, 2022
In January 2000, leaders in Charlotte, North Carolina, invited their favourite son, Billy Graham, to a luncheon in his honour. Billy initially hesitated to accept the invitation because of his struggles with Parkinson's disease. But the Charlotte leaders said, 'We don't expect a major address. Just come and let us honour you.’ So Billy agreed.

After wonderful things were said about him, Dr Graham stepped to the rostrum, looked at the crowd, and said, “I'm reminded today of Albert Einstein, the great physicist who this month has been honoured by Time magazine as the Man of the Century.

Einstein was once travelling from Princeton on a train when the conductor came down the aisle, punching the tickets of every passenger. When he came to Einstein, Einstein reached in his vest pocket. He couldn't find his ticket, so he reached in his trouser pockets. It wasn't there, so he looked in his briefcase but couldn't find it. Then he looked in the seat beside him. He still couldn't find it.

The conductor said, 'Dr. Einstein, I know who you are. We all know who you are. I'm sure you bought a ticket. Don't worry about it.'

Einstein nodded appreciatively. The conductor then continued down the aisle punching tickets. As he was ready to move to the next car, he turned around and saw the great physicist down on his hands and knees looking under his seat for his ticket. The conductor rushed back and said, 'Dr. Einstein, don't worry, I know who you are. No problem. You don't need a ticket. I'm sure you bought one.'

Einstein looked at him and said, 'Young man, I too know who I am. What I don't know is where I'm going.''

Having said that, Billy Graham continued: 'See the suit I'm wearing? It's a brand new suit. My children and my grandchildren are telling me I've gotten a little slovenly in my old age. I used to be a bit more fastidious. So I went out and bought a new suit for this luncheon and one more occasion. You know what that occasion is? This is the suit in which I'll be buried, but when you hear I'm dead, I don't want you to remember the suit I'm wearing. What I want you to remember is this: I not only know who I am. I also know where I'm going.”

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."

- Author Unknown

Meditation: And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world. - 1 Corinthians 15:19 (NLT)

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

Awesome God
We will Never Serve Your God!
How God Sees Your Mistakes

(1) (Reply)

Expressing Love Inside Jesus Christ Crucified / Nevertheless At The Instructions Of Jesus Christ Crucified / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Sunday, February 13,2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.