Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,748 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:47 AM

Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA (33527 Views)

10-Year-Old Girl Killed By Ekod Koko Dan, A Bank Manager (Pictures) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by kalez0104: 11:14am On Feb 07, 2022
Lesson: If you have a business in Nigeria, you already have what 95% of Nigerians in the diaspora wish they had - financial independence. Being your own boss. Do not throw it away to become a nobody in the west.[/quote]

Fantastic response . The number of Nigerians who were previously previously gainfully employed or running upcoming business who abandoned such to chase elusive oyinbo land dreams are sad.

Dignity guys is the most important , dignity hear that.

Wherever there is peace , and you achieve reasonable accommodation , ability to feed yourself, care for your family , reasonable social enjoyment and trajectory that suggest improvement in life for the future -stay there ! Don't become a slave somewhere else , your children might most likely remain slaves as well .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Ola4lead(m): 11:14am On Feb 07, 2022
This is the main reason why our country will never progress, how will a sane person choose a gate man job in any country ahead of a bank manager job? As a bank Manager, you can easily relocate your kids to USA within one year of working in Nigeria.
YOU all want to be the leader of tomorrow and you are choosing a gate man job... CONFUSE PEOPLE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Roseey0(f): 11:25am On Feb 07, 2022
We run away from Nigeria not necessarily because of money.

Facilities
Security
Injustice

So many things make people choose to take up demeaning status abroad not necessarily because of money earned

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Cousin9999: 11:25am On Feb 07, 2022
If you go to the US (or Canada/UK) with several years experience as a bank manager, you likely won't be anyone's gateman. The only drawback is you may have a hard time securing a good role in the desirable part of the US (northeast).
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Karleb(m): 11:26am On Feb 07, 2022
babzo:

Hammering is making much sudden money, that's extra and much more than you need.

Sorry but anyone individual earning 150k in the USA is classified as wealthy by the US Government. Infact any household earning over 80k is well to do, not one person o; husband and wife.

Check the tax rate.

How can an individual be earning 80k and be struggling? Dem swear for am? What is he doing? Using drugs and carrying $1000 prostitutes? grin

Everyday, I see Americans celebrating 100k per year on Twitter.

One was even celebrating his 150k/year tech business.

I don’t understand what these guys are talking about.

To put it in perspective, you can get a brand new tesla around 33k and that's like the coolest car anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Cousin9999: 11:29am On Feb 07, 2022
babzo:
Sorry but anyone individual earning 150k in the USA is classified as wealthy by the US Government.

150K isn't wealthy. It's certainly not struggling, but wealthy people don't have to work, their money works for them. 150K is "middle" class.

1 Like

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by phemmyfour: 11:34am On Feb 07, 2022
maasoap:
As seen on Facebook today and it looked like greater number of responders went with gateman in USA.
As for me, considering all factors, I prefer to be a bank manager in Nigeria. What about you? Any reason for your choice.
Gateman tinz
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by casppyjay: 11:42am On Feb 07, 2022
Rossikk:
Bank manager in Nigeria is a far more sensible option than working as a gateman in the US.

In 5 years' time where will you be by working as a gateman in America, versus if you were a bank manager in Nigeria?
nor be if sarki Fulani nor locate ur farm before 5years reach u people and confidence in ur future as if u control the future.. be careful the world isn’t urs..

If u doubt me try drinking sniper or cyanide or antifreeze..
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by luluman: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2022
walemoney007:
Bank manager in the USA
Not in the option now
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Wakanakarue: 11:53am On Feb 07, 2022
Forgodsgrace:

And who tell you that you can’t be sacked in USA ?Most of you are living in a fool paradise !

When opportunities abound, you can find another job. Get that.

1 Like

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Samade7: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2022
walemoney007:
Please why are you asking me such a stupid question?

The way some of you guys dey relate with person because this is an anonymous forum eh

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by nakaman: 12:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
babzo:

They don't employ people like that in USA o. Millionaire sef no get driver, no get servant talk less of gateman (non existent job).

Everybody who has a job gets paid well and works strict hours. Pay includes insurance, 401k ( pension) overtime. Unless you want to give all your salary to your " gateman " grin
haba, no comparison sef

1 Like

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by calcal: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Rossikk:
Bank manager in Nigeria is a far more sensible option than working as a gateman in the US.

In 5 years' time where will you be by working as a gateman in America, versus if you were a bank manager in Nigeria?

Of those bank managers in Nigeria at 50 years, 99% are jobless. the scammers among them made something while the gentle one became shawo shawo Nig. Ltd

US is an industrial nation, open your eyes and follow who know road, you won't stay so long in gateman job.

1 Like

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by naptu2: 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
sukkot:
hahaha Ishilove wagwannnnnnnnnnn me Sistaaaaaaaaaaa. i have been around oooo. on and off. you know how it is ? life throw you curves sometimes cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

how are you ?

Welcome back!
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
walemoney007:
Bank manager in the USA

Trust me a bank manager in Nigeria is better than bank manager in the USA
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by walemoney007(m): 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
perambulator:

Trust me a bank manager in Nigeria is better than bank manager in the USA
Why do you say so?
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by charlypoker(m): 12:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
I prefer to be in Amurika and be doing the gateman work that be your godforsaken Naija with your bad leaders...........................America to the world.

1 Like

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by sukkot: 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
naptu2:

Welcome back!
my brother naptu2 good to see you again. always a pleasure. trust you are well
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by lasisi69(f): 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
walemoney007:
Bank manager in the USA
lol... cheesy
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
walemoney007:
Why do you say so?

Just like in Nigeria it depends on which bank and which branch. A bank manager is not really a glorious job...Most bank managers are paid average salaries which is just enough to get by. In the UK for instance the average bank manager is paid less than £40k...it may sound like a lot but trust me you cant do much with that, you will forever be in debt, you cant buy a decent house on 40k a year because your take home pay will be about £30k, roughly 2.5k a month. after rent or martgage of about £1000 minimum for a 2 bed room flat (if you are lucky because in reality it's more like £1500)... what is left? In the USA it is $72k. If you live in New york for example your take home is $52K, after rent and transport what is left?

As a bank manager in Nigeria there are always opportunities for deals that will come your way. e.g forex

1 Like

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by sulaak(m): 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Rossikk:

In 5 years time, you will be a broke bank manager sending whatapps messages to borrow dollars from the USA gateman. The USA gateman will generate enough dollars to buy the house of the Nigerian bank manager.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Depressed101: 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

[s]Can help you steal you want to say? Just say it out clearly.

Nigeria is finished[/s]. undecided
You are currupt...

I meant grow a good CV that can afford you a better job overseas.
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by OmoEpe(m): 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2022
Khaleepha5681:

Sir you're right.

But no one born in city and schooled in City in Nigeria will chose West any time,even if he is poor. Because he stands the chance of befriending white friend. So anything would be exposed to him.

Only bush Biafanistan who hasn't left their erosion ridden hamlets will chose to be a gateman in the U.S.
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
OmoEpe:

Only bush Biafanistan who hasn't left their erosion ridden hamlets will chose to be a gateman in the U.S.

I don't know why they see West as Paradise.

Americans too are struggling with loans.
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Mrtaye: 1:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
Osilama1:
but they should have paid his entitlements didn't he fight the case
Nigeria no be Yankee ooo

1 Like

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by milkywaves(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
True Talk!!! Tell Them make them hear.. "Desperados"

Rossikk:
If you know the number of Nigerians who had thriving businesses in Nigeria, and due to the whole ''oyinboland is better'' mentality, abandoned or sold their businesses, land, cars etc, and migrated to Europe or US, only to be working now as low-paid security guards and bus drivers, with no career prospects, you will weep. Most of them are too ashamed and broke to return back home, and simply continue working their menial jobs there.

Lesson: If you have a business in Nigeria, you already have what 95% of Nigerians in the diaspora wish they had - financial independence. Being your own boss. Do not throw it away to become a nobody in the west.
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by Osilama1: 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mrtaye:

Nigeria no be Yankee ooo
it's not about Yankee na 25yrs leaving with nothing... Hmmmm not easy to process that
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by dumodust(m): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
IMASTEX:
The response will tell you the level of hopelessness for the country. The truth is even many picking Branch Manager won't off social media because of the believe to always find career path based on their experience with time. Secondly, access to better security of life and property and most importantly a better planform of opportunities for the kids. The later is even the main reason politicians safekeep their families abroad & secure passport for themselves too. The hen Nigeria system is so uncertain that a Branch Manager can crash, just one sack, downsize and abduction. And he may never stand again.
There was a country.

When people say emigrating is for better opportunity for their kids, I wonder what they mean exactly
If you don't work, make money and carry out your functions as a parent, your kids will still be poorly educated and messed up and it will be much worse abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by dumodust(m): 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mrtaye:

Dad lost his job as a bank manager after working for almost 25 years just because of a fraud he never knew anything about,he lost his job,his gratuity and all he worked for
That can happen to a security guard too and its a risk in every job till you build your own... nothing is guaranteed
Re: Bank Manager In Nigeria Or Gateman In USA by GoodFaith: 1:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Bank Managers don't make lot of money
In the Banking industry in USA
Tell me you are an officer, work in some area like IT, Audit eg
When you hear executive in any position that is money
Manager of $40K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Three Dead As Splash Passport Boat Sinks Canoe In Rivers State. Graphic Photos / Chinese Taxi Driver Sacked For Sleeping For A Full Minute While Driving / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.