Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,582 members, 7,934,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:44 PM

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station (16775 Views)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? / I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Salihusaliheen(m): 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Fear any business that have to do with someone's money unless u are the boss cus u would seriously be in debt if care not taken.i prefer the cleaning job and it's less stressful

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 6:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Offpoint1:

HOW OLD ARE YOU?
My advice:
Stick to the bank job because you have enough time,
Instead of school, save enough money and buy yourself either new or UK used Laptop, enrol in any digital skill learning centre or purchase courses on Udemy, skillshare or coursera.
Go for either of these skills
"Data Analysis
"Web development
"Graphics Design
"Digital Marketing
"Programming

If you take this advise serious, in a year or 2 you'll never regret....

School doesn't guarantee you any job in this digital age or current Nigeria, unless you're going for medicals...

You can further you education at any time
Am 21
Thanks for this
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 6:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ybaby:

Do you want to thief? Be careful not to add a single kobo that does not belong to you
Thanks
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 7:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Szdorf:
don't be fooled by leaving ur present job and go to Ibadan for pump attendant, because of daily money
Note
Not all filling station accommodate cheat on costumer , u may end up fire
My advice to since ur salary is 26k here in Lagos and no weekend work , enrol to part time school in Lagos or Ibadan every weekend u can go for lectures shikanna
Thanks
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 7:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
Gold179:
you are so on point, how will 15k pay school fees and where will he get the time to read and attend lectures? if not that his uncle owns the filling station, he will be sack in no time due to absent for his lectures.
Thanks
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
Prospy33:
I'll advice you continue with your bank cleaner job.
I have once worked as a pump attendant in the filling station.
The extra money you make in filling station can only be through cheating and I advice you don't go that way.

Moreover filling station jobs needs extreme caution, if you don't even know how to drop the petrol hose properly to it's position, you might lose a lot of petrol and the expenses will be on you.

If you are not careful a colleague of yours might sell with your pump without your knowledge and at the end of the day you will be making loses which you will pay.

It is more stressful, the risks are higher and the pay is not worth it.

Work in that bank but assume you are working on a filling station and save that extra 11k for sometime and start up anything you could.

Thanks
Thanks much
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Muzikluva(m): 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
sageb:

I mean mathematically proficient or good in calculations and keeping records.
You have to read it again if you don't understand my post about fuel station attendants.
Lol. If you meant analytical and record keeping skills, you could have said it differently. Your post means something different entirely.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
ariklawani:
Don't, i repeat don't stop the cleaning job until you get a better job... Going to Ibadan is a set up.. Because no opportunity in Ibadan... 26k is better then 15k..with 26k you can try and enrol in laspotech and do a part time study.. Banking sometime do work on Saturday and Sunday.. Fuel station is every day...
Thanks for this
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Idowu116: 7:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
paulasticity:
Am a filling station manager at challenge ibadan,and there is even vacancy at my work place at present. We pay 30k
You need to consider at least the following factors:
1. not all filling stations pay the same amount as salary.
2.distance from your home to the station
3.straight or shift (we run shift)
4.you may incur losses due to fraudulent customers,. especially during rush hours.some will not pay you, you might unknowingly press wrong litres for amount, fake money ,wrong meter reading etc, fake alert, etc
5.you.might get tips from customers on daily basis depends your attitude towards them
6.you may face physical and sexual harassment by some customers
.7.closing late
Some filling station allow fraud ,surchanging unuspecting customers, taking extra charges for selling inside Jerry cans ,so they get money on a daily basis ,aside their salary.(our station) frown at this seriously.
8.dangers and risk associated with banks and as well as filling statios-armed robbers,thugs etc
In summary weigh the options very well before any move. The choice is yours
Oh thank a lot for this sir
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by uptownemmygee(m): 7:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
Oro pesi je
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Thebigheart: 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2022
You better stay where you are now. Before manager go tell you say your meter no correspond with wetin you sell. Boom, na sack later straight.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by HRSweetness(f): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2022
Zulez:
I want to know about noun university is ther certificate legit

Of course it is.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
But someone told me now that filling station workers tmake money everyday apart from their salary
What do you think
You will be cheating customers by dispensing below the actual litters of fuel.Is that a good thing to you?
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by kennethfranc(m): 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2022
HRSweetness:

Of course it is.
Permit me to ask, what of the rumour that they are not recognized for NYSC in Nigeria?
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Offpoint1: 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Am 21
Thanks for this
Good, follow the advice I gave you... Believe you me, you won't regret it... You'll look for me in 2-3 years time to thank me.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by frozen70(f): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Oh thank you very much for this
I appreciate

You are welcome
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by HRSweetness(f): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
kennethfranc:

Permit me to ask, what of the rumour that they are not recognized for NYSC in Nigeria?

It's not a rumor but fact. Noun was originally set up for adults who require part time education. And any institution offering part time educational services don't qualify for participation at the NYSC.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by grafixdon: 8:59pm On Feb 07, 2022
LibertyRep:

Did they also tell you that they could also make loses too?

Aside from tips from customer and sometimes the manager, the bulk of the money they 'make' daily is from shortchanging the unsuspecting customers or the owner of the business. That's stealing regardless of how they sugar coat with other names.

If you have no accomodations and feeding problem where you stay and work presently, stay put and continue schooling with your bank job.

Never ever make life changing decisions based on promises of anyone. Anything can change along the line.

Best advice so far.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by grafixdon: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
If you work in a filling station, you most manipulate customers to get daily money aside your salary and that's stealing. Don't ruin your future by stealing from other.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by greatness77: 9:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.
Please your opinions are needed thank you
Lalasticla.la please help move to front page.Thank you
if u are female pls start the filling station job I've done filling station job before it favours female most because if you looks beautiful guys will be dashing u money and u will be exposed to many people who will be willing to help u, unlike bank that they will cage u inside, again filling station work is shifting work, u work from morning till 2pm u close for the day, dats how filling station work is done the only disadvantage in filling station work is shortage just make sure u avoid shortage, how to avoid shortage is simple u must know counterfeit money,u must know plus and minus and make sure u collect money complete after selling, good luck

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Mom007(f): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Filing station job will turn you into a thief because you will want to make side money and once you get caught, you will be sacked. Have you not wondered why those folks are always short of staff? What if you get to your uncles place and the wife doesn't like your face and you have a falling out? Look, stay at the bank job as long as you can. Filling station job is never scarce in Ibadan. Save aggressively now and leave that your uncle abeg.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by calcal: 2:16am On Feb 08, 2022
dacblogger:
Continue with your cleaning job nd forget about school.
Most graduates no get work

go get the OHD, don't listen to the above
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Riscawendy(f): 4:17am On Feb 08, 2022
Am just considering how with 15k a month you can save to further your education. Since you don't work weekends, there are schools that offer weekend programs, you can check that out. You can also try 'national open university' but l won't advice you to relocate.
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by phemmyfour: 5:18am On Feb 08, 2022
Idowu116:
Hello Nairalanders,there is a very confusing issue I would love to share here so your opinions are highly needed.

I work in a bank as a cleaner since last year April and I earn #26,000 per month. I have been working with the aim of starting a business (even if I don't have any business idea to run)or furthering my education because I stop at SS3 since 2017 when I graduated.
Last week, my uncle called me that there is vacancy at a filling station in ibadan then from there I will continue schooling in a polythecnic of ibadan.He said I will be paid #15,000 per month an I will do part time at the poly.He said I shouldn't worry about accommodation and feeding.He also said I will be paying my school fees from my salary.

I haven't worked in a filling station before but I would love to change environment too. I don't want to leave this job and regret later and I don't know if I will do well in the filling station but I also want to further my education too.

I am confused here and I don't know what decision to take.So I came here to seek for a very candid advice on how to deal with the issue.
Please your opinions are needed thank you
Lalasticla.la please help move to front page.Thank you
stay with bank and improve yourself there. Filling station experience is useless elsewhere
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by lanre88(m): 7:46am On Feb 08, 2022
You are not talking about being a network marker where you can make as much as 150k on one referral.

It might be too late before some people's eyes open.

Who told you it is a must to be educated before being successful?
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Lovelygbems: 7:49am On Feb 08, 2022
Are you a housewife?

Are you a student?

Want to learn skills to start a business?

How about...

Custard Making
Liquid Soap Production
Bleach Production

For domestic and commercial interests

Fee: 1k

Dm 07067025384
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by samdaisi: 8:33am On Feb 08, 2022
Omo consultant your trust pastor for divine direction, please if you go by the physical thing you might miss it in future.
Please search for Land of Oil and prophetic ministry in Facebook and speak to the man of God or you trace him through the address, you thank me later through my WhatsApp No. 08124005176
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by IJEYdiamond(f): 9:01am On Feb 08, 2022
Anybody get idea how much dey pay sales reps in indomie compay??
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Nwaotu10(m): 10:25am On Feb 08, 2022
Continue with your filling station job, gather some money and venture into small scale business. Forget about school bro!!
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Adebolamena(f): 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2022
I wld suggest you hold on to the cleaning job cos a bird at hand is better than thousands in the bush..

Hi Nairalanders, I sell chinchin and household appliances.. Your patronage means a lots.

Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Adebolamena(f): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
I wld suggest you hold on to the cleaning job cos a bird at hand is better than thousands in the bush..
Re: Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station by Kfed4ril(m): 12:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
Idowu116:
I don't know and that's why i seek for your opinion
Please share your opinion

My opinion
Continue working and saving, when you have saved enough, you can then start a business and combine it with school.
You could learn to make shoes.
It will be easier for you to run both concurrently than working in the filling station and schooling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? / HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. / Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.