Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,046 members, 7,919,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:03 AM

Church VS Expressionism: What’s Wrong With Being A Stylish Christian? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Church VS Expressionism: What’s Wrong With Being A Stylish Christian? (187 Views)

Hair Products/tools That Will Make Ur Hair Glow And Give It A Stylish Look / 5 Tips For Dressing A Stylish Baby Girl. / 5 Staple Sunglasses Shapes For Stylish Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Church VS Expressionism: What’s Wrong With Being A Stylish Christian? by Azeemokoya: 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
It is time for the Nigerian church to desist from being judgmental and respect people for who they are. This article is pertaining to the perception of the average church-goer in our country.

In the Nigerian constitution, everyone has the fundamental right to choose and express themselves the way they desire.

This opinion piece is specifically inspired by a young Nigerian creative individual and social media expert identified as Fiyin Audu or Mr. Perspective on the microblogging site, Twitter.

What’s the issue?

A young man braided his hair, and I can disgustingly tell you that he has been receiving backlash from the church and Christian community for his maverick styling.

Someone dear and personal to me reprimanded him for his hairstyle and it infuriated me. According to the person, “Christians should not braid their hair.”

The person said further, “As someone who was well brought up in the church, he should be modest and lose the hair as soon as possible.”

Very disheartening and judgmental statement if you ask me.

Christians and churchgoers most specifically need to take the spec off their eyes and give people the opportunity to express themselves and become who they want to become.

We grew up together and I know how God has used him immensely to touch and influence people’s lives. He is a great leader, and his hair should not be used to define his propensity in his walk with God almighty.

I am a Christian, albeit, oftentimes, I prefer not to communicate with some other Christians because they are always usually so critical of other people which is not fair.

Attending a Christian private institution made me understand that most moralistic religious ‘prim and proper’ people are the most hypocritical set of individuals on God’s beautiful earth.

Live and let live, braiding of hair for a man isn’t a sin. It is unfair when people are always obstructing the expressionism of others simply because it is not ‘Christian enough’.

Yes, the young man’s hair is braided, but his brains have brought him big bag of money. You are not his mother, neither are you his father, you don’t feed him, rest with your myopic perspective on how people should look.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/church-vs-expressionism-whats-wrong-with-being-a-stylish-christian/

Re: Church VS Expressionism: What’s Wrong With Being A Stylish Christian? by Righteousness2(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
Stop Deceiving and confusing yourself.
If you wanna follow Christ, stand Boldly and represent Christ.
If you wanna Follow the World, do it Boldly and stop the Confusion.

(1) (Reply)

Lip Flip 2022: Amazing Treatment, What Is It, Precautions, Best Result And Botox / How To Start A Sewing Business / Wigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.