Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,843 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:57 AM

What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like (2201 Views)

Brand New Car Batteries / Using Car Engine For Generator / How Can I Differentiate Between Korean And Chinese Car Batteries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like by selfmadeOLX(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
I got this Everstart 75A battery for my car as recommended by majority at mid 2020, very sure it’s genuine as It’s been 1.5yrs since then

Just today I wanted to head out and the car wouldn’t ignite or even roll the fans, all lights on the dash were dim. Had to unlock the car manually as it didn’t respond to the key imobilizer. The battery was flat worn.

- Is 1&half year a good life span for a car battery?
- I did notice traces of dried up liquid on the top of the battery. A production flaw? As another nairalander has experienced this

I need where to get genuine Everstart or it’s equivalent. Your suggestions will be appreciated smiley

Re: What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like by olumzzz(m): 8:23am On Feb 08, 2022
Is everstart a regular lead acid battery or an enhanced flooded lead acid battery?.
Watch piyke's video on car batteries for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie5dW6msf-w
Re: What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like by selfmadeOLX(m): 8:49am On Feb 08, 2022
olumzzz:
Is everstart a regular lead acid battery or an enhanced flooded lead acid battery?.
Watch piyke's video on car batteries for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie5dW6msf-w

Watched. Thanks for this info
Re: What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like by Itsrm(m): 5:57pm On Feb 08, 2022
Bought the same Everstart battery early 2020 and its still working perfectly. The vehicle has covered between 15000-20000 miles(will confirm) in that time frame.

I think the mileage the vehicle has covered on the battery will give a little more insight than just the year it was bought

E.g The average bolt driver would have done close to 50,000 miles since you bought the battery.
Re: What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like by Piyke: 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
selfmadeOLX:
I got this Everstart 75A battery for my car as recommended by majority at mid 2020, very sure it’s genuine as It’s been 1.5yrs since then

Just today I wanted to head out and the car wouldn’t ignite or even roll the fans, all lights on the dash were dim. Had to unlock the car manually as it didn’t respond to the key imobilizer. The battery was flat worn.

- Is 1&half year a good life span for a car battery?
- I did notice traces of dried up liquid on the top of the battery. A production flaw? As another nairalander has experienced this

I need where to get genuine Everstart or it’s equivalent. Your suggestions will be appreciated smiley

When going to buy car batteries, I always go with my battery analyser. Got one from Konnwei. Extra investment, but it has since paid for itself. Since I started this practice, I get about 3years out of the regular Korea batteries sold here.
It's possible you got a sulfated battery at first. My guess is, that, coupled with a number of other things, lead to the early demise.

@Olumzzz thanks for helping the ministry grin

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like by nurey(m): 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2022
I got a everstat ba3 since 2020 I never used it cause I sold the car it was meant for it is a 62ah. I sold it and of 2021 to a colleague and he is still using it and has not complained to me.

Lifespan of my batteries are around 3years but I rarely drive those cars now and I believe my batteries sometimes use 4years or more
Re: What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like by Praxtech: 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2022
Piyke:

When going to buy car batteries, I always go with my battery analyser. Got one from Konnwei. Extra investment, but it has since paid for itself. Since I started this. practice, I get about 3years out of the regular Korea batteries sold here.
It's possible you got a sulfated battery at first. My guess is, that, coupled with a number of other things, lead to the early demise.

@Olumzzz thanks for helping the ministry grin
Why were you shouting in the video?
Re: What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like by Piyke: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2022
Praxtech:

Why were you shouting in the video?
I don't know grin
Re: What’s Your Experience Using Car Batteries Like by larrypourl(m): 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2022
Got one speed energy batter 75A late 2019 and used it for 2years 3months. Bought another (Botsh) on Monday when car suddenly decided not to start. Battery is expensive now oo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners / Help!!! My Car Starts Only After Kick Starting 3 Times In The Morning. / Auto Drive V. Manual Drive, Which Should I Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.