Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women (13418 Views)

President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners / Buni, Malami, Emefiele To Confer With Buhari In UK / Body Bags: Buhari Dissociates FG From El-Rufai’s Statement On Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by fasho01(m): 7:03am On Feb 08, 2022
It's a welcome development. I hope it will not be instant citizenship but a gradual process over time like is done in other countries.
After typing, I now wonder the benefits of being a Nigerian citizenship compared to other countries
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by iscom(m): 7:03am On Feb 08, 2022
Good
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Btruth: 7:04am On Feb 08, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by oluwasegxzy(m): 7:06am On Feb 08, 2022
You think Nigerians women marrying foreigners wants to identify themselves as a Nigerian… Una mumu too much
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by ken6488(m): 7:06am On Feb 08, 2022
inoki247:
lol so if a foreigner marry person she go turn Nigerian automatically.

We wey b Nigeria abg wetin b d Advantage...

Bkuz me I neva see the advantage of been a Nigeria wey u say mak anoda person come become citizen, Country wey don full already wey we no see d resources share u wan come add to it....
There are too many advantages
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Alfred200825(m): 7:07am On Feb 08, 2022
So their Brothers from Chad, Niger and Mali can easily kidnapp Nigerian women and girls, marry them by force and claim citizenship abi?

I pity those arm chair feminist clapping for this. Until una don see fire, una eyes nor go clear. Them go soon clear una doubts sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Alwaysachick: 7:09am On Feb 08, 2022
Hahaha, na by force?
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by phemmie06(m): 7:09am On Feb 08, 2022
Will an American or German preferred to become a Nigerian?
It is just a plan to inculcate all these Nigeriens and the Sudanese into our system
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by inoki247: 7:09am On Feb 08, 2022
ken6488:
There are too many advantages

Lol like pissing in the gutter any time piss dey catch u, like throwing pure water nylon any where u feel like wen u don drink am abg tell me what I don't know wetin b d advantage of been a Nigerian...
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by OgunkeelAllMod: 7:11am On Feb 08, 2022
Foreigner dey marry those illmannered boreholes?? Na juju be dat o cheesy..likely those useless CUNTrey dem. undecided
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by BennyDGreat: 7:11am On Feb 08, 2022
ensamy:
Wrong move, many Onyinbo that come to do business here in Nigeria will misuse it . Fly into Nigeria like today and the next day pick a girl around ikoyi registry , get married and jet out of Nigeria. Next time come and set up construction, mining, logistics etc companies with low or no tax as a Nigerian citizen. shocked shocked

This will be absolute disaster if there's no way to checkmate this

1 Like

Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Chuksmonika(m): 7:12am On Feb 08, 2022
If I were to be aforeigner, I rather accept the Citizenship of Congo, than that of Nigeria.
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Nicenixon: 7:13am On Feb 08, 2022
Guys and ladies are busy rushing out of the country to get other countries' citizenship, these ones are there deceiving themselves when there are more issues they ought to solve.
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by OgunkeelAllMod: 7:16am On Feb 08, 2022
Chuksmonika:
If I were to be aforeigner, I rather accept the Citizenship of Congo, than that of Nigeria.
lol..haba.. The zoo republic Don reach that level cheesy grin
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by koning: 7:16am On Feb 08, 2022
Long overdue. You all will be surprised at how many foreigners that want to acquire Nigerian citizenship. The immigration service was always against it because of abuse and the fact that they will be overwhelmed by applications.

My fear is the abuse of this law by Indians, Lebanese, chinese and even Italians.

Many of the slay queens will cash out.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:17am On Feb 08, 2022
Oh no!

I see this country becoming a country for

Chadians, Niger republic, Sudanese, Somalis, Malians, Senegalese

Its a tactical move to make these Fulani's bandits from these countries to have a permanent stay in Nigeria

Nigeria has really become a Zoo under this regime.

We say a big NO to such disastrous bill.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by OgunkeelAllMod: 7:18am On Feb 08, 2022
BennyDGreat:

This will be absolute disaster if there's no way to checkmate this
nigeria as a CUNTrey IS AN ABSOLUTE DISASTER!
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by anochuko01(m): 7:18am On Feb 08, 2022
Is this what we need now?! God gave mercy!
They want to sell out this country completely
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by CSTRR: 7:18am On Feb 08, 2022
Simran94:
Lol, who needs their citizenship.
They will not go and face pressing matters
And you are a woman.

Do you know as of right now only women married to Nigerian men can be citizens.

Men married to Nigerian women don't have that privilege.
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by CSTRR: 7:20am On Feb 08, 2022
koning:
Long overdue. You all will be surprised at how many foreigners that want to acquire Nigerian citizenship. The immigration service was always against it because of abuse and the fact that they will be overwhelmed by applications.

My fear is the abuse of this law by Indians, Lebanese, chinese and even Italians.

Many of the slay queens will cash out.
The Indians, Lebanese and west Africans will abuse it just to authenticate their stay in Nigeria.

Expect a rise in sham marriages.

1 Like

Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by olisaEze(m): 7:20am On Feb 08, 2022
See mugu dem o! So all those bandits & terrorists that have forcefully married & raped out kids from our underaged girls in the North suddenly have a way to legitimize themselves as Nigerian citizens! One can’t help but wonder if Nigeria will ever recover from the destruction this Ahmed Lawan led NASS has wrought on this nation. undecided
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Bridget95(f): 7:22am On Feb 08, 2022
Naija don cast
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Cubalabloo(m): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2022
Which foreigner from a sane country would want to be addressed or identified as a terrorist?
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by anochuko01(m): 7:24am On Feb 08, 2022
CSTRR:

And you are a woman.

Do you know as of right now only women married to Nigerian men can be citizens.

Men married to Nigerian women don't have that privilege.

We prefer it that way!
Not until criminals from Chad, Niger, China, Lebanon etc move in here and marry an almajiri just for them to become citizens and turn the nation upside down
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by koning: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2022
Identifying and vetting scam marriages will be a humongous task.

Even the US, UK, and EU countries can not properly deal with it.

I would like women to have that equal right, but e hard to implement in Nigeria.
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 08, 2022
There is no reason to reserve extra seats for women in legislative positions.. That bill is discriminatory in itself and shouldn't be allowed to see the light of the day.

1 Like

Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by wirinet(m): 7:30am On Feb 08, 2022
ensamy:
Wrong move, many Onyinbo that come to do business here in Nigeria will misuse it . Fly into Nigeria like today and the next day pick a girl around ikoyi registry , get married and jet out of Nigeria. Next time come and set up construction, mining, logistics etc companies with low or no tax as a Nigerian citizen. shocked shocked

Isn't this a good thing? Is this not a good way to obtain the foreign direct investments we are clamouring for? Will this not create hundreds or even millions of employment for our teeming youths? Who knows, maybe we will get an Elon musk to come and invest in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by bibianna(f): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2022
Good move!
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by Noshitboi(m): 7:32am On Feb 08, 2022
You don open way for Nigeriens and Sudanese be that.
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by oshonwambada: 7:32am On Feb 08, 2022
[quote author=Father254 post=110052268][/quote]don't mind them bro.I later got mine thru one immigration officer.

1 Like

Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by CSTRR: 7:32am On Feb 08, 2022
anochuko01:

We prefer it that way!
Not until criminals from Chad, Niger, China, Lebanon etc move in here and marry an almajiri just for them to become citizens and turn the nation upside down
You have a point too.

The potential for abuse is high.
Re: Reps Adopts Bill To Confer Citizenship On Foreigners Married To Nigerian Women by wirinet(m): 7:33am On Feb 08, 2022
anochuko01:

We prefer it that way!

Criminals from Chad, Niger, China and Lebanon are already here and turning the nation upside down without the need for citizenship. They enter the country and operate without any hindrance by bribing immigration officers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘Police Told Me To Say My Last Prayers’ – NLC President, Ajaero / Hon. Independence Ogunewe: Incalculable Loss To Nigeria's Democracy And Imolites / Again, Pipeline Explodes At Alimosho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.