Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,711 members, 7,879,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:41 PM

Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? (15562 Views)

Why An Exam Has Sparked National Outrage In India / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Omniman(m): 9:49pm On Feb 09, 2022
"The"
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Alamkir: 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:

Rest.

I forgot "OUR" I first wrote awa
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by seyz91(m): 10:07pm On Feb 09, 2022
It happens to almost Everyone at one time or the other
Omicron007:
Examination is actually the spoiler and vibe killer in schools. But, no one can actually progress in school without writing exams.

A lot of desperation and seriousness comes with examinations. Students try to avoid carry-overs while others aim at making the highest grades possible.

I was in the examination hall one certain day. In the middle of the exam, I just went blank. I wasted more than four minutes trying to write severe.
To make matters worse, the guy sitting to my right was our pastor and no matter the situation, he won't reply you during examination.
He later came and met me after the exam to apologize.

Share your own experience.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by hohafrank(m): 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
BafanaBafana:
Teaching in the class and can't spell continuous. I had to write CA test
That's the importance Of lesson notes.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by hapheeyxz: 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mine was JEST in NECO... I was busy writing gest.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Babalakincoda(m): 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
It was my final year during undergraduate I actually want to write “rich” so was confused if it spell as rish or rich, though I passed the course I had 60 ( B )
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Babalakincoda(m): 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:
Examination is actually the spoiler and vibe killer in schools. But, no one can actually progress in school without writing exams.

A lot of desperation and seriousness comes with examinations. Students try to avoid carry-overs while others aim at making the highest grades possible.

I was in the examination hall one certain day. In the middle of the exam, I just went blank. I wasted more than four minutes trying to write severe.
To make matters worse, the guy sitting to my right was our pastor and no matter the situation, he won't reply you during examination.

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Ynix(m): 10:33pm On Feb 09, 2022
Omicron007:

Mine was I S which is IS I was spelling it and don't know how to write it until I took a nap. That was during my SSCE WAEC ABOUT 20 YEARS AGO
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Rinoxy: 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
It was in 2008 during first semester 400Level exams in uni that I forgot how to spell the word technology, lol and behold a school bus passed with our school name on it, Federal University of Technology. I felt it would be wrong, so I changed the word for a synonym.
I remember today and smile. Thank GOD for the journey this far.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by linusnneji238(m): 10:44pm On Feb 09, 2022
Mine was during junior waec, I forget the spelling of the word YOU. I thought about it for some minutes then wrote out the spellings that came to my head: yuo, oyu, ouy plus the correct spelling you bt they were not making sense to me so I had no choice bt to tell my neighbor to help me out wt the correct spelling.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by remzytimer: 10:51pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:
Ijust have a problem with been/being.. Dictionary can't seem to help... Idon tire for the word

Just Note that the word been always come after has, have, had and while being is used alone.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Algold: 11:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
AT was the spelling that eluded me... To the point I asked my next neighbor to help me
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Kwatisco(m): 11:21pm On Feb 09, 2022
Is
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Zubydeangelo(m): 11:54pm On Feb 09, 2022
Candidlady:
Ijust have a problem with been/being.. Dictionary can't seem to help... Idon tire for the word
'Being' is present continuous while 'been' is past.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by ajerimitan: 12:19am On Feb 10, 2022
This and these I used it any how do and did I lambasted it too. But veridian streptococcus and pseudosciences
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Caezer(m): 12:20am On Feb 10, 2022
Mine was quite embarrassing.
"it" was the word I couldn't spell while writing a Letter ����
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by tiswell(m): 12:49am On Feb 10, 2022
Candidlady:

This happened to me at an ATM point... Ifelt stewpid... Iremembered after the card was blocked
I tell you the brain can play rough play with the mind sometimes.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by wabbyland(m): 12:59am On Feb 10, 2022
I almost cried when I couldn't spell RED. I kept writing rad but deep down I was telling myself it was wrong but I still cleaned and wrote it again
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Judolisco(m): 2:11am On Feb 10, 2022
I wanted to spell read like d past tense of read
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Humorme2(f): 3:07am On Feb 10, 2022
Aldosterone
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by FuckSilly: 6:31am On Feb 10, 2022
Candidlady:
It's not that difficult.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by mamaafrik(m): 7:43am On Feb 10, 2022
Omicron007:

I have being on Nairaland for more than a year. But I been looking for a lady who is more candid than you.

I'm more confused than you right? grin
Well-done mr.Teacher benson,you self worse pass your student
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Berryli: 7:46am On Feb 10, 2022
Omicron007:

I have being on Nairaland for more than a year. But I been looking for a lady who is more candid than you.

I'm more confused than you right? grin
you are supposed to use "been" in this instance. While "being"shows a state being or existence. E.g I was being candid but he got upset. (Use been when referring to past state)
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by mamaafrik(m): 7:48am On Feb 10, 2022
mistijude:
Please I beg you in the name of God not to teach English language
the guy wan kee me,hin use pidgin write the second statement like queen English.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by mamaafrik(m): 7:53am On Feb 10, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

Just swap, please.
oshico plc gengz,you no go gree for the guy make he carry you go Yemetu in ibadan to see iyaeleeko.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by mamaafrik(m): 7:55am On Feb 10, 2022
TutorV:
I told a corps member this story in the office today.
During one of my GCEs, I couldn't remember the spelling of drown. I had to opt for its close relation sink, which wasn't apt for an animate entity.

Also, I forgot the spelling of egg in one of my exams. I kept on writing ege (cassava in Yoruba), and deep down within me, I knew it wasn't correct despite having three letters!

Na short time memory loss! Exam tension dey show person sege!
afi ege naan,no kee me,oya getat.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Ujunwa02(f): 8:11am On Feb 10, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
I forgot the spelling of is back then 2006 when I was writing my WAEC, geography to be precise(map reading things). For like 3mins, I could not decipher if the spelling of is is i...s or s...i

At a time, I had to call on my neighbor to help me with the spelling angry

No be small thing

Exactly, happened to me too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by tolufase: 8:20am On Feb 10, 2022
The spelling of hesitate. I kept writing it as hestate but I knew the spelling was wrong but I couldn't help myself. That was how I submitted my answer booklet. I can't come and kill myself.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by dijiweb: 8:49am On Feb 10, 2022
obembet:
I wrote our as AWA.. I passed the course Sha. I think I got B-

this one Off me
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Babastrong(m): 9:19am On Feb 10, 2022
I forgot the spelling of "embarrassed", i picked "embarassed" instead. i would've been in payroll of oyo state if not this silly mistake. but IN GOD I TRUST.
Re: Have You Ever Forgotten The Spelling Of A Word In An Exam, What Was The Word? by Oyehomie(m): 9:20am On Feb 10, 2022
Mine was "OUR"... It was in an essay writing back then in secondary school.... I was there for more than 10minutes... I kept writing rubbish. Awa, hawa, and so on.... I had to call on the teacher supervising to help me out, because we weren't allowed to talk to other students during exams. The teacher laughed at me though, but she later helped me out... That, and so was "YOU"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Olusosun Dump : Three Pupils Collapse As Smoke Forces Closure Of Schools / Imo State Needs 20 Universities –okorocha / UNILORIN Engineers Invent Biometric Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.