Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,977 members, 7,876,687 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nigerians To Own Houses For N1.5m Soon – Developers - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerians To Own Houses For N1.5m Soon – Developers (710 Views)

FG’s Mortgage Scheme Kicked Off With First Set Of 10,000 Houses / Cheap Houses For Sale In Agege New Oko Oba Rd from N6m. Check It Out... / Nigerians To Own Houses For N1.5m Soon - Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians To Own Houses For N1.5m Soon – Developers by focusxo4: 11:13pm On Jun 23, 2011
Nigerians will soon be able to own houses for as low as N1.5m in the next one or two years, At the moment, the average cost of owning a three-bedroom home in the country is about N5m, excluding the cost of land However, i read from Punch newspaper that key players in the real estate industry and some foreign investors were about to revolutionise housing construction through a partnership aimed at reducing the cost of building homes.The Real Estate Developers Association of Nigeria and the Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute are jointly researching into affordable housing production with quality locally sourced materials.

Re: Nigerians To Own Houses For N1.5m Soon – Developers by spyder880(m): 11:28pm On Jun 23, 2011
Was it on April fools day that they made this declaration? grin
Re: Nigerians To Own Houses For N1.5m Soon – Developers by Aventures(m): 8:29am On Jun 24, 2011
we will wait and see the outcome! Cos i wonder what order materials are to be sourced locally virtually 75% of building materials if not more are sourced locally: My quesstions are:
1. Cement we have lime stone in Nigeria why can we have adequate production that willl meet our demands?
2. sharp sand available in abundance why is so expensive?
3 Granites are source from rocks here in nigeria right under our nose why is it not cheap?
4. woods are source from our own forest why do we still pay fortunes for them; why is it in the old days people can afford to do the decking of theirr houses with good wood and still standing test of time till today (my grand pa house is a living witness to this).
5. we pay through our nose to get iron rod even the so called locals are so costly and poor in strenght when we have iron ore in unlimited portion what is happening to Ajaokuta steel rolling mill?
6. we have clay soil in abundance that we can make clay bricks at aa very cheap rate but yet we are stilll paying so much for bricks and clay pots; what happen to fed. gov. brick factory at bayeiku road in ikorodu ( a very big one indeed) staffs are there earning salary at zero production. One eminent Nigeria wanted to buy and revitalised it, gov. refused they prefer the place lying there as a jungle.
7. Nigeria wire and cable products adjudge by engr and contractors far better then some imported caables but still on high side why?

This are my riddles who can help me solve?

(1) (Reply)

Some Lesson On C Of O In Lagos / Kpdc Estate Now Selling In Lugbe-mortgage Available / Lands For Sale In Lugbe Layout. ABUJA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.